[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

70s super robot thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: mazinger.png (317KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
mazinger.png
317KB, 1024x707px
ITT: Talk about your favorite 70s super robot anime and manga.

I've finally finished Toeizinger, and it was altogether pretty good. The biggest criticism I have is that it was probably longer than it should've been. Even though the filler episodes could still be entertaining, if the whole show was compressed into about 30 or 50 episodes, it probably would've been much, much better overall. The "major" episodes were great.

Either way, I loved the characters, especially the villains and their infighting. The gallery of mechanical beasts were awesome, and it was great seeing things that would become standards for super robot anime for the first time. Also, Misato is so superior to Sayaka that it isn't funny. She should've been given Diana A, and Sayaka should've been left to ride along with Boss.
>>
>>15662707
Why would we want to talk about trash?
>>
>>15662729
Mazinger is kino and you are stupid
>>
>>15663358
It is a shitty meme, yeah.
>>
>>15663374
How do you sleep at night considering you're entire existence is a meme?
>>
>>15663381
Wonderfully.
>>
>>15662729
Way to derail a good thread, thanks for nothing.
>>
>>15663483
>this
>a good thread
Nice one.
>>
>>15662707
I personally had a lot of fun with the "filler"- the more the merrier, I guess. Perhaps you don't need to watch every last episode to have gotten the brunt of the series, but regardless I think the entire thing was fun through and through.

I also agree with you on Misato, though I think it would be more optimal to give her another robot somehow rather than remove Sayaka completely. Boss needs room to be Boss, after all.
>>
File: 1463703061184.png (585KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1463703061184.png
585KB, 720x540px
Also sometimes I had a laff.
Reminder not to reply to bait.
>>
>>15662707
Who the fuck is Misato?
>>
>>15663503
>you
>a worthwhile poster
>>
File: girlinthemiddleismisato.jpg (81KB, 736x526px) Image search: [Google]
girlinthemiddleismisato.jpg
81KB, 736x526px
>>15663939
>Who the fuck is Misato?
Female cousin of Boss.
>>
>>15663939
http://mazinger.wikia.com/wiki/Misato
http://mazinger.wikia.com/wiki/Misato_(%C5%8Cta)
>>
So if I only have time to watch one, which is better - legit Discotek-subs-zinger or crabsticks-zinger?
>>
File: 1468431855921.png (550KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1468431855921.png
550KB, 720x540px
>>15664321
I'd put in my vote for Discotek, because while crabsticks may be hilarous, the Discotek subs are in actual English and you can easily understand what's going on in-show without much effort.
>>
>>15664328
And also the video quality on discotek is better than the bootleg crabsticks
>>
File: great.jpg (37KB, 372x639px) Image search: [Google]
great.jpg
37KB, 372x639px
Just watched Vs. Ankoku Daishogun. Excellent animation, and the last battle was kickass. Now I understand why SRC Mazinger comes with a sword.

Zambot 3 is going to be the next 70s show I watch, but I hope the rest of Great Mazinger gets subbed soon. I can't wait to watch it.
>>
>>15665990
Mazinger Z merch comes with a sword because in SRW, it often has combo attacks with Great Mazinger where it gets passed a Mazinger Blade
>>
>>15666034
This a dumb post. Mazinger Z gets a sword in SRW because of what happens in Vs. Ankoku Daishogun.
>>
>>15667406
Super Robot Wars did it first
>>
>>15667475
>SRW predates Mazinger Z movie from 1974
Whoa
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.