[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend (or knows a good list of) art books (mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: patmov207.jpg (190KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
patmov207.jpg
190KB, 750x500px
Can anyone recommend (or knows a good list of) art books (mecha in general) with a focus on mechanical design? Have the patlabor and essential evangelion books (and for games have the metal gear/policenauts ones) but don't know what else is out there or where to start looking.
>>
>>15661494

The kawamori, macross and miyatake design works books might be what your looking for its pure mechanical design
>>
File: mnw_s4.jpg (84KB, 380x565px) Image search: [Google]
mnw_s4.jpg
84KB, 380x565px
Kazutaka Miyatake's Complete Works
Makoto Kobayashi's Hyper Weapon books
Gigantic Formula Original Design Archives
the doujin books by S.Shimizu (pic related)
>>
Does 80s Tetsujin mechanical designs count? (In Blu-ray booklets)
>>
>>15661517
>>15661501
>>15661499
Thanks so much for the recommendations! Had also found found a couple of artbooks on Jin Roh, Mamoru Oshii's Intron Depot and other works, Zone of the Enders HD edition, Tatsuya Tanaka's Cannabis Works, more Evangelion books and have began a massive trawl of animebooks.com following some of the recommendations (design works and great mechanics seem to be pretty good tags to follow). Anything really along the real-robot--military-cyber-punk end of the spectrum, for mechanical design, concept art, even characters/location art is cool.
>>
>>15661650
Someone posted a megas with a bundle of seven mecha related artbooks in this /ic/ thread >>3023742 Of the seven there is one that will probably interest you that is "Yutaka Izubuchi Mechanical Design Works Realistic Mechanics".
>>
>>15661737
>>>3023742
Oh, yes, I forgot we can't link. Just go on to /ic/ and enter their latest Artbook Thread, is one of the first posts.
>>
A little off-topic: How to make an artbook? A plan on doing one a book I'm writing, in which the artbook fully shows what the mecha in my book will look like.
>>
>>15661898
First you would need enough actual content to form a artbook. Generally, the majority of the artbooks that I already have put my eyes on have at least more than 20 pages of drawings. If you only have something like two or five drawings/schematics of the mechas from your story, you would be better just putting them in the last pages, or in the middle, of your story book.
>>
>>15661922

Thanks
>>
>>15661650
I'd recommend Nawomotsu Kazenohonn, the Yukikaze OVA artbook.
>>
>>15661741
>>15662757
Thanks. Checked out the /ic/ link- 3 years later and my kindle with finally get used for the purpose it deserves!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.