[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that this was a gigantic waste of time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

Can we all agree that this was a gigantic waste of time?
>>
I don't think the entire thing was a waste. Some good music and grunt fights. But yeah the main story/characters never delivered anything substantial and it ultimately didn't matter to the timeline.
>>
>>15659828
Okay.
>>
>>15659828
>it ultimately didn't matter to the timeline.
Because we never see anything canon directly after it, only 30 years after with F91 and then 60 with Victory
>>
>>15659833
>Some good music and grunt fights
Wasted on a shitty story.

This make it even more of a waste of time, and money.
>>
Story and characters yes.
However we got some amazing battle animation and ms designs. Music is good too but I think it's a bit overrated or rather not my taste.
>>
File: ZOOOM.gif (491KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
ZOOOM.gif
491KB, 500x373px
>>15659839
>Watching mecha for the story
>>
>>15659838
Yeah, and nothing political or technological survives from Unicorn. At least 0083 filled in some gaps with politics, even if it was all crammed in at the end.
>>
>>15659838
They wrote themselves into a dead end, there's no real way to continue with it even if a series did take place directly after it.
>>
>>15659828
It was a gigantic waste of time for the characters.
>>
Was Riddge just supposed to be a self insert for MRM edgelords or something?
>>
>>15659828

> Can we all agree?

No. It doesn't even matter what the rest of the question is, so long as it's remotely predicated on an opinion it won't happen. Hell even when it's about factual questions there's still plenty of people who'll disagree with most stuff.
>>
>I want to use the vast resources of the colonies as economic leverage so we have equal footing with the Earth sphere
>Also here's my Giant Time Travelling Psychoframe Death Machine because I'm a totally reasonable guy
>>
>>15659828
it's utterly meaningless unless they retcon the entirety of late UC away
>>
>>15659967
>unless they retcon the entirety of late UC away
In all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing a late UC entry that takes that stupid fucking rock and runs with it as a plot point. Something something pre-Gaia Gear or whatever that leads to a new group in late UC calling themselves Zeon I know it's stupid but it's the only way we'll see late UC again

Ultimately the ending does nothing that could negate what happens with Cosmo Babylonia or Zanscare; even if we had some stupid epilogue about how Zeon happily returned to the Federation, Cosmo Babylon are still going to invade Frontier 4 because they have their noblesse oblige ideology where they want to rule the hoi polloi by force; meanwhile Zanscare actively want to impose their (supposed) radical feminist ideology on the Federation.

For all the good intentions and declarations of peace we see in reality that doesn't change the fact that shitty wars keep on happening; Gundam shouldn't be any different to that.
>>
Can someone tell me what happened to banana at the end of unicorn? I didn't really understand the whole time traveling thing. Also who is full frontal? What has his original name?
>>
File: Job_does_his_job_in_battle.png (431KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Job_does_his_job_in_battle.png
431KB, 720x540px
>>15660680
>who is full frontal
>>
>>15659828
lookin pretty fuccboi there banaghee
>>
File: Snapshot 4 (7-2-2017 11-44 PM).png (193KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 4 (7-2-2017 11-44 PM).png
193KB, 629x354px
>>15659839
>why doesn't my giant robot show have a unique and breath-taking story
>abloo-bloo-bloo
>>
>>15659846
For a damn show whose core material was written for a older audience, the writing was surprisingly horrendous and yes I am taking into context this is mecha.
>>
>>15659869
>MRM
???

>>15659944
To be fair, Furu Frontal was based on Char, someone who wasn't in the least reasonable about things that pushed his buttons.
>>
>>15659828
>Can we all agree that this was a gigantic waste of time?

No, because whatever you may think it still gives final closure to the Zabi era that started in 0079.
>>
>>15662311
So that's what they meant by "wraps up UC plotlines".
On topic though, it was a bit fun but the ending was shit. I would have rather seen a true UC ending a la Zeta.
>>
>>15659828
No because we got UC ep 4, the best one by far.
>>
Was better than SEED or Destiny
>>
>>15659828
What did they change/add?
>>
>>15665405
Literally just a few redraws.
Fucked up the pacing though, there are literally episodes with zero fighting. The only other series I've seen that happen in is Destiny.
>>
>>15665464
And IBO.

But that's what happens when you carve up an episode with fighting at the beginning and end into 3 eps. OR in the case of OVA 6, you turn one boring ep into three. Not to mention the godforsaken recaps to fill time.
>>
>>15659828
I liked eps 4 and 7 so nah
>>
>>15665474
I almost want to forgive the early episodes of IBO for this, though. The art was (mostly) nice and the character interactions were decent. Compared with early SEED where it was just Flay yelling at Kira to cuck Sai and Harai face everywhere.
>>
>>15660680
Full Frontal is Farquad's Vaginas
>>
File: 1486149290996_1.jpg (73KB, 700x879px) Image search: [Google]
1486149290996_1.jpg
73KB, 700x879px
It gave us best girl, so naaaaaah
>>
>>15666035
I agree with you however you will be effusively shit on for this opinion
>>
I don't get the Federation always being like, "You can't prove Newtypes REALLY exist," while developing machines specifically designed to make use of their super powers.

Is it just the concept that they're the next stage of human evolution that they take issue with? Clearly some kind of psychic mutant exists.
>>
>>15660680
Full Frontal is Full Frontal. He's a cyber newtype copy of Char with his memories/soul thanks to the psychoframe from Char's Counterattack.
>>
>>15666080
Yes. They deny that it's evolution and insist it is merely space mutation.
>>
>>15666035
I wholeheartedly agree, also the fights were really good.
It had many problems though.
>>
>>15666060
What are you talking about? Marida is practically /m/'s girl
>>
>>15666035
What, for being a "waifu-fag, I never said that the show is great or anything. like>>15666115 said, It had many problems, but Marida definitly was one of the best things about it, along with Zinnerman.
>>
>>15659828
It was an enjoyable waste of time though. Well, until episode 7 hit and we got a massive let down instead of an ending.
>>
>>15666117
really? wasn't like that a few years ago, glad /m/ has changed in that regard at least
>>
>>15666123
I agree, they were definitely the easiest characters to empathize with.

The battle at Torrington base alone makes the whole thing worth it as well as awesome grunts like the Jesta and ReZEL.
>>
are you talking just RE:0096?

Because it's literally just Sunrise filling in a timeslot of a cancelled show.
>>
File: 1423545189345.gif (1MB, 300x171px) Image search: [Google]
1423545189345.gif
1MB, 300x171px
>>15659828
It was a typical so bad it good gundam series. I wasn't disappointed. A little bored but not disappointed.
>>
>>15659838
It's implied in the Twilight Axis novel that the Federation becomes openly aggressive to the Sides thanks to Laplace's Box, and this causes spacenoids to seek to create their own fiefdoms. The villain of TA, for example is the father of Meitzer, the founder of Cosmi Babylon in F91.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.