[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tekkaman Blade is absolute trash. Believe me. Use this thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

Tekkaman Blade is absolute trash. Believe me.

Use this thread to shit on Tekkaman Blade and stop shitting in my Getter thread for it.
>>
>>15659697
fuck off, and trash talk about Zeta instead.
>>
>mecha is absolute trash
Fixed that for you. I don't even know why anyone here watches this garbage. Gundam is trash, Macross is trash, Getter Robo is trash, Tekkaman Blade is trash, your favorite obscure trash shows like Neo Ranga, Betterman, Maze or whatever other garbage you "ironically" like in order to fit in are trash, and whatever you like probably is flawed as fuck but you're too stupid to admit it.

Much like anime as a whole, mecha is nothing more than a glorified advertisement for merchandise, but even worse because all of it is aimed at children.
>>
>>15659709
You forgot Evangelion is trash, Code Geass is trash, TTGL is trash, Eureka 7 is trash, Patlabor is trash, LOGH is trash.
>>
Tekkaman Blade was fun. Animation was a pretty awful but the characters, plot and soundtrack made up for it.
Twin Blood was great too.
>>
>>15659709
>>15659718
Every fictional work ever made is trash, actually.
>>
>>15659735

Even the Epic of Gilgamesh?
>>
>>15659745
>>15659745
specially the epic of gilgamesh, fucking bruh was annoiying the crap out of everybody pretty much out of boredom
>>
>>15659709
Gotta love when nerds "fix" posts to make their contrary opinion derail the thread
>>
>>15659697
Man, you know what sucks? Getter. Seriously, what a shitty series. It's got one good gimmick with the combining planes but doesn't back it up with any decent writing or characterization. A cool action scene (well "cool" action scene) doesn't mean anything if there's no emotional stake. Ken Ishikawa is the George Lucas of mecha anime.
>>
>>15659765
Don't you have cave paintings to get back to?
>>
I like it a lot but I admit there were epsiodes with some of the worst animation i had seen in an anime from it's time period, like the episode with the older soldier. The Radam just looked like brown blobs with eyes in that episode and many surrounding it.
>>
>>15659780
I notice there's a lot of Getter hate lately, but Getter hasn't even had a new anime in so long... what started it?
>>
>>15659780
>Man, you know what sucks? Gundam. Seriously, what a shitty series. It's got one good gimmick with the autistic pilots but doesn't back it up with any decent writing or characterization. A cool action scene (well "cool" action scene) doesn't mean anything if there's no emotional stake. Yoshiyuki Tomino is the George Lucas of mecha anime.
>>
>>15659812
While Tatsunoko isn't the best animation studio in the world even back in the older days, the economy crash in the 90s hurt them in particular for this show. If it weren't for Obari's colleagues and students joining later on, it wouldn't look better than Metal Jack.
>>
>>15659813
>what started it?
Pablo and friends. Told him to go back to Mexico and he's been butthurt ever since.
>>
TEK-NO-MAAAAAAAN!
>>
>>15659813
SJWs, toxic masculinity, tumblr, anita etc.
>>
>>15659798

dont you have to make some more shitpost about valvrave or felcher gundam?
>>
>>15659813
Some really bored people with nothing better to do with their spare time than annoy others, I figure.

>>15659843
I'm not even the one doing those.
>>
File: shiroi tsubasa.webm (3MB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
shiroi tsubasa.webm
3MB, 576x432px
>>15659823
Obari's animation is ass. He's good at designs, not animation.
Also, Tatsunoko did look good in the 70s. I'm watching Gatchaman right now and its animation is pretty good. Not the best, but pretty good for a series with over 100 episodes.
>>
>>15659860
Obari doesn't matter in this context, just whoever carried on his will.
>Also, Tatsunoko did look good in the 70s. I'm watching Gatchaman right now and its animation is pretty good. Not the best, but pretty good for a series with over 100 episodes.
That is true. Granted, Amano's detailed designs didn't exactly make things easy, but they tended to do well in those days, even when hilariously recycling fight footage.

Still wish there was a full Polymar reboot than just a short OVA or movie though.
>>
>>15659860
He can animate fine. Or at least, he could.
>>
>>15660023
>t. has never watched Dancouga, Orgun, Dangaizer, Gravion, etc.
Every time something is about to strike something else in an Obari work, there's a flash of light and the show then cuts to the point after the contact because it would take too much effort/budget to actually show it.
>>
>>15659697
lol getter. get fucked bro
>>
>>15659875
>Still wish there was a full Polymar reboot than just a short OVA or movie though.

No you don't. Tatsunoko is absolutely incapable of achieving the quality of the 1990s ova. So anything they might try to do these days is gonna be so cheap looking it won't be worth it. Just be grateful we have the ovas at all.
>>
>>15660139
Ok. At any rate, he'll still get saddled with an appearance in Infini-T Force, which probably won't be good.
>>
>>15660041
I have, actually. That is not the only thing he does. I wish you and your "buddies" would stop trying to force this shit meme.
>>
>>15660182
Post a single example of something that Obari has animated well. Good luck.
>>
>>15660184
The OP of the show this thread is about, OP of Dragonar and Dangaioh
>>
>>15660194
OPs don't count since they're invariably given more effort and budget than the actual show. And even then, the Tekkaman Blade OPs both look subpar, using stock footage from the show, a number of still frames and speed lines
>>
>>15660211
Nice goalpost, shitposter.
>>
>>15660228
>Post deliberate exceptions that all but the worst of animators can make look good and Obari still doesn't do great at
>Tells me I'm moving the goalposts
Videos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK9gVcfDa_Q exist for a reason, faggot
>>
>>15660245
>literally does a "d-doesn't count" and expects me to take him seriously
>posts animation that any and all animators are guilty of having done
Okay, we're done here. Enjoy your loss.
>>
File: Beautiful Animation.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful Animation.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15660287
I didn't just say it didn't count, I also said they weren't above average at best, faggot. Tekkaman Blade looks bad by the standards of an OP. It's not Casshern Sins bad, but still bad. Dragonar is also pretty subpar for OP standards. The only mildly impressive part was the part where the guy puts on the helmet. Rest was a lot of stills and particle effects with occasional bits of animation like the woman turning or the thrusters opening.

Meanwhile, this is what Obari does with an OVA budget, on a work he did over a decade later, no less. Stills, smoke covering points of impact, particle effects, stock footage, the works Enjoy your own loss.
>>
>>15660352
Modern Obari is shit. Never attempted to claim otherwise. He stopped being truly notable in the 90s, with a very small smattering of good moments.
>>
In second thought, I've come to realize that I'm too tired and stupid in general to do this argument, so I will admit that you are right and that he is a shit animator. I'm sorry for wasting your time, and hope you have a good day/night, wherever you are. I'm sorry if this comes across as a crock of shit.
>>
>>15659697
don't you fuicking dare to stain blade after what you done to the already low getter robo discussions in this board, you fucking faggot
>>
>>15660352
>an OVA budget

You probably also think "Indie" means "bearded San-Fran faggot putting together some 2DEEP4U retro pixelplatformer".
>>
>>15659697
But Getter Robo is also trash, OP.
>>
>>15661385
Just like your existence, pablo
>>
>>15659813
xpearse
>>
>>15661455
Now what's wrong with xpearse? I missed the memo
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.