[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate this OVA so goddamn much.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 29591.jpg (296KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
29591.jpg
296KB, 1600x600px
I hate this OVA so goddamn much.
>>
Wow ur gay
>>
Its entry level Gundam.
>>
>>15659623
Why? Too much realism for you?
>>
>>15659660
No, too much fakery.
>>
>>15659623
I want full size of that pic, u can suck my dick later.
>>
I mean it's overrated as all fuck could ever be, but hate?
>>
There's always this weird visual disconnect between the background characters and the main characters in these kinds of things, where the protagonists look very anime and the fluff looks closer to naturalistic. 0083 was better in this regard in that everyone was designed with the same consistent style. Also the Romeo x Juliet subplot was completely hamfisted and unnecessary.
>>
>>15659720
The romance and the plot were both shit.
>>
>>15659623
Why is it rusting if it's made out of titanium?
>>
>>15659623
I didn't hate 08th I just found it pretty bland. Even the romance didn't bother me like it does a lot of others. Except for that final episode though that shit was fucking retarded.
>>
>>15659773
thats not rust
>>
It wasn't bad
>>
>>15659750
>The romance and the plot
But if you subtract the romance, the plot is literally just "EF is fighting Zeon and the main bad guy is kind of nuts".
>>
>>15659773
that's poop
>>
>>15659623
>it's an anon hates on a popular Gundam entry simply because it's popular episode
I hate reruns
>>
>>15659891
So every UC ever? We love the formula
>>
File: shop window.gif (441KB, 1100x582px) Image search: [Google]
shop window.gif
441KB, 1100x582px
>>15659623
Hey man, sorry about that. At least you gave it a shot though. Not every thing is for every one. Were there things you did like about it?

I always liked the very obvious difference between how a Ace made their machines move and how your standard pilot was kind of clunky.
>>
File: 1425590818386.jpg (436KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1425590818386.jpg
436KB, 1000x1000px
>>15659773
thats not rust.
>>
>>15659963
Every UC every except this time it focuses on grunt action in a Vietnam inspired setting instead of autistic teenagers with magical powers in super prototypes
>>
>>15659623
Don't 'hate' things so trivially
It's bad for your blood pressure
>>
>>
>>15659660
>realism
>retarded love story
>complete psycho in charge of the things of national importance
>almost every commander is an asshole
>retarded peace philosophy
>people walking out of the mechs in the middle of the battle to be shot by snipers
>claustrophobic hovertank pilot
>>
>>15660088
>muh Vietnam
Who was the first one to say this crap? All they have in common with Vietnam War is jungle
>>
>>15660430
And the good guys losing the war.
>>
>>15660420
>complete psycho in charge of the things of national importance
Evidently not that important since his project was shitcanned part-way through the show and he was just on a personal crusade to force it into completion.
>retarded peace philosophy
Well, most of the people in the actual series would likely agree with you. Shiro wasn't exactly regarded as a smart cookie.
>claustrophobic hovertank pilot
Look son, when your country (see: planet) has been bombarded by space colonies and nukes and shit, sometimes you take the manpower you can get and tell them to suck that shit up.
>>
>>15660430

It probably does take place in Vietnam at some point, the theater of 08th is SEA.
>>
I found the story to be really generic and uninspired.
I think it's also the UC series with the most anime tropes. And most of the characters were one dimensional except for maybe a character or 2.
All in all it's not bad, just a bit mediocre. I just wish it was as good as the OP made it seem like.
>>
File: 1499037318568.jpg (179KB, 729x981px) Image search: [Google]
1499037318568.jpg
179KB, 729x981px
BEST METAL
>>
0083 is better even if you count in the cuckoldry.
>>
>>15660743
I hope you're not just shitposting because that's actually true.
>>
>>15659623
>Evidently not that important since his project was shitcanned part-way through the show and he was just on a personal crusade to force it into completion.
Where did he get money and resources for it?
>Look son, when your country (see: planet) has been bombarded by space colonies and nukes and shit, sometimes you take the manpower you can get and tell them to suck that shit up.
That's not an excuse. IRL nobody would allow a soldier with claustrophobia join any kind of tank forces. Not even during WWII.
>>
>>15661342
>Where did he get money and resources for it?
He already had them, presumably. The Apsalus Project was only cancelled after Operation Odessa, when Zeon started losing the war. Iirc, Apsalus III was already in the works at the time, and Ginias just refused to stop.

That's not a question for the writers anyways. It's their story, and that's how they wrote it. Not aware of any supplements that dive into those details.

>IRL nobody would allow a soldier with claustrophobia join any kind of tank forces. Not even during WWII.
And you determined this with your wealth of experience as a military recruiter I assume? As a civilian employee of a recruitment station perhaps?

Regardless, Eledore's agoraphobia is hardly even relevant, seeing as his ability to work in the field goes more or less unimpaired for the majority of the series. A history of impaired function is generally what disqualifies someone from military service, and that's only in the modern era with U.S. guidelines. I think most people forgot entirely that he ever expressed phobia of any kind in the entire series, especially since in my recollections it only even comes up one time.

Evidently Eledore's claustrophobia was extremely selective. Basically no different from the cockpit phobia of the veteran character from Aldnoah Zero in the level of bullshit.
>>
>>15659623
08th MS Team makes perfect sense when you understand how the production of it went.

It was being directed by Takeyuki Kanda, someone who was hand-picked as a director for other projects and mentored by Tomino. Tomino had done planning for Kanda's series "Galactic Drifter Vifam".

Mid-way through production, Kanda was killed in a car accident. Kanda has a very specific style:

1. He usually features combat between infantry and overwhelming force, like mechs.

2. He includes a lot of melancholic moments that often coincide with Kobayashi Maru-type impossible decisions.

3. He definitely ascribed to Tomino's philosophy on child soldiers and inherited conflict between generations.

4. He doesn't (usually) give you a perfectly happy ending or resolution to conflicts found in the show.

5. Authority is often shown to be corrupt on all sides.

So now think about what happens in 08th MS Team after about half-way through the series? It's as if you have a bunch of guys trying to create the show Kanda wanted to, in the spirit of Kanda's style, but it's not exactly Kanda.

My recommendation? If time or experience has made you hate 08th MS Team, watch Galactic Drifter Vifam, and watch Armor Hunter Mellowlink, and then return to 08th MS Team.
>>
>>15661392
I don't think a good anime is one that requires you to watch another work to enjoy it. That's the same logic used by EVA fans.
>>
>>15661392
if yu fgotta know a bunch ofe outside mteraol to injoy something the ni ts a bad show.
>>
>>15659623
Do you at least like the OP and ED? Because if not, then you really have a problem.
>>
>>15659826
This t b h
>>
>>
>>15660539
>it aint me starts playing
>>
>>15663686
I personally like the op but the ed isn't that great in my opinion
>>
Still this fight was worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kEuNfbTWc
>>
The romance was dumb. The chunky ground robots were fun enough to justify its existence. I agree with the consensus that it's overrated but not bad.
>>
Did everyone forget the ending?

I still taste the bitter in my mouth when I think about it.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.