[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: MacrossII_Box_Cover.jpg (43KB, 220x400px) Image search: [Google]
MacrossII_Box_Cover.jpg
43KB, 220x400px
Thoughts on this.
>>
>>15657890
Pretty good. Even Kawamori couldn't resist sampling tracks in M7.

More AU stories would be an interesting concept. I am curious as to how other directors and designers would handle the franchise name.
>>
I hated it. Macross Plus came out around the same time, and I loved that, so maybe that influences my opinion on MII, but it felt cheap, rushed, and uninteresting.

The only positive thing for me was the VF-2SS Valkyrie. That thing is gorgeous/
>>
>>15658873
>Macross Plus came out around the same time
It came out two years later as a direct response.

II had no involvement of the original creative team.
>>
>>15658925
It had Mikimoto on character design and he did SDF and later M7.
>>
>>15657890
I think it's mediocre, at best. Of course, I also think everything Macross other than the original and Plus is terrible, so it fits in pretty well.
>>
I think it's better than Plus (and everything that came after) but worse than the original.
>>
>>15657890
It's okay. Probably my third favorite in the series after 7 and DYRL, but it's still mediocre. I watched it this year and I can still barely remember what happens in it
>>
scoopu da, gotta get the scoopu
>>
>>15657890
Trying to get Kagura's raws for this is a chore. Highest seeder was at 47% or something.
>>
>>
>>15657890
Not bad.
some nice mecha designs
I like the Culture Park, and the news guy as the lead is a cool change of pace

it's easily overshadowed by the later sequels but it's a competent work for its time
>>
>>15657890
I really wish Hibiki stuck his penis in the mouth of that monument at culture park, instead of his hand.
>>
>>15661569
I dunno, I always thought putting all of Earth's precious relics in one area was a bad idea.

Or, was it suggested they were replicas? I can't remember.
>>
>>15661981
I figured they were replicas like Epcot.
>>
>>15657890
I have a question, I already watched the Macross original series and started watching a little bit of the first movie and as far as I could tell it was a retelling of the original series. Is it worth watching? Is there any new story archs that weren't in the original series?
>>
>>15662000
>story
you're doing DYRL wrong
>>
>>15661587
I imagine that would be worse than kissing the Blarney Stone after millions of lips have already been on it.
>>
>>15657890
Worst Macross, watch Frontier.
>>
>>15657890
It's a good entry and I don't know why people shat on it for the longest time.
>>
>>15665685
>blah blah blah robotechx.com
>>
The VF-2ss is on my mt rushmore of mechs. Hyped about the hmr coming out.
>>
>>15665709

I've see way more people completely bored by it and ambivalent to it as a production than hate it. Hate seems to be massively overstating the feeling towards it and misunderstanding the actual cause really.
>>
>>15657890
I must've been 12. I watched the VHS dub of it without previous knowledge of Macross or Robotech and was deeply confused as to why there was so little giant robot action and so much soap opera.
>>
>>15657890
It's okay. Better than any of the following Macross TV shows.
>>
>>15672669
SDF = DYRL > Plus > 7 > II > Robotech > Delta > Frontier > Zero
>>
The hush of 200 million years is a good song, sylvie is cute and a quad-barrel macross is a good idea.
>>
>>15657890
Awesome opening.
Everything else sucks.
>>
>>15657890
The idea of a male MC not being a fighter is pretty good and executed fairly well, same with Silvie being the fighting heroine of the show, and freckles are cute, CUTE!
VF-2SS is the absolute zenith of classic Valk design and one of the best Valk designs of all time together with YF-16.
The plot is kinda shit but most Macross plots are shit.
Art is great.
Ishtar is best Idol.

Much better than trash like Delta or Frontier and truly wasted potential like Zero.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.