[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>still no new announcement Gundam is dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: mem.jpg (91KB, 682x709px) Image search: [Google]
mem.jpg
91KB, 682x709px
>still no new announcement
Gundam is dead
>>
>>15657778
It's not like Gundamfags actually want a new show, they bitch, moan and nitpick to death everything Sunrise has made in recent years.

Twilight Axis is the kind of thing the franchise really needs. It shows off the kits (which is all they care about) and is made at half the cost so who cares if it's really good or not.
>>
IBO s2 just got announced to be coming to Toonami in Oct. /co/ is going to flip out during the next ratings thread... wait, Toonami's on tonight. Poor bastards.
>>
>>15657852
they're going to like it, most of them think 8th ms is the best Gundam series.
>>
>>15657778
They just announced Twilight Axis like a month ago. And there's still a bunch of previously announced stuff coming. No matter how many stupid threads you make Gundam will still continue just fine after IBO (which was a success as well)
>>
>>15657878
They're angry as fuck right now and saying it's going to hurt the block like s1 did. They do not want Gundam at all.
>>
>>15657956
Well those fuckers loved Akame Ga Kill and I believe it had the highest ratings on toonami when it aired so their taste is nothing to take serious.
>>
>>15657778
Thunderbolt and Twilight Axis are both airing, not sure what want fampai...
I'd rather they do a new show next year fall, not this year.
>>
File: 1471133428813.png (404KB, 591x564px) Image search: [Google]
1471133428813.png
404KB, 591x564px
>Wanting yearly gundams back.

IBO just finished a while back, Thunderbolt S2 and Twilight Axis are still gonna be a thing for a while, we've got another Build Fighters OVA coming out in about two months, and Battle of Loum is coming in the fall. And this is coming off of almost-yearly gundams since 2013. (BF, TRY, Island Wars, G-Reco, IBO S1/S2, Thunderbolt S1/S2, Unicorn's last episode, The Origin, Twilight Axis, and technically Gundam-San wer all in the last 4 years)

We've got enough Gundam as it is, let the beast rest for a while.
>>
File: Smugfei.jpg (9KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
Smugfei.jpg
9KB, 237x213px
>several serious posts in an obvious bait thread
/m/ is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of baiting, annoyed replies and smug OP satisfaction continue on forever.
>>
>>15657956
>>15657962

The reality is that despite the memes we spout here the elevens really have better taste than westerners.
>>
>>15658046
>elevens really have better taste than westerners
Not when Moe shit sells.
>>
>>15657956

Unicorn bombed pretty hard before they moved it back
>>
>>15657778
Gundam storytelling is shit anyway. They're only popular because they flooded the market with more giant robots than anyone else.
>>
>>15658051
>girls are icky XD I want megazords
>>
>>15658247
Back to /a/.
>>
>>15658238
why stop there? all mecha is shit.
>>
>>15658277
You're just trying to get (you)'s. Mecha is fine so long as the storytelling and animation is fine. There's nothing special about giant robots that makes the genre bad.
>>
The last best thing they had is GBF

They just need to continue Sei's story, add more milfs and lolis, and continue the homage of characters/gunplas from the other anime.

The show is very childing yet its the sweet spot for age coverage and comfy/action show.
>>
Make more try ovas

We love fumina!
>>
I'd actually prefer if Gundam took a break for a bit. We're dangerously close to another oversaturation period like in the 90s.
>>
>>15658359
>They just need to continue Sei's story
...why?
Sei's story was essentially done.
Sekai's story being shit was unfortunate but lets not go back and dig holes in things that are fine.
>>
>>15658129
The whole block is suffering right now, front end and back. This is something I think a lot of those who say "IBO's ratings for s1 will help stabilize Toonami" kinda forgot. Toonami was doing a lot better back when IBO was on and it was the ratings drop of the night until Jojo came along. With a weak starting lineup, I doubt IBO will bring that many back especially considering how s2 has gained quite a reputation.

If AoT and Jojo couldn't do well, I don't see IBO working.
>>
>>15657778
Good riddance
>>
Have you not noticed the shows have gotten a lot worse since they went rapidfire? Let them relax.
>>
>>15658370
>We're dangerously close to another oversaturation period like in the 90s.
Some of the best Gundams were from the 80s and 90s though.
>>
What we need is more G Gundam.
>>
>>15657778
>still no new announcement
Good.

All the shows in the last 4 years have destroyed my interest in Gundam. I'm fucking done with this shit. Call me up when they actually have something interesting to show, and not just shit out stuff out of their ass because they can.
>>
>>15657778
So when do you guys want to see the next AU gundam?
I wouldn't mind waiting until late 2019
>>
>>15658736
Hopefully never. The franchise is beyond overdone.
>>
>>15657778
Wasn't there an announcement for Code Geass R3? I guess Sunrise is focusing on Code Geass to get that fujo money
>>
File: 1498892658018.jpg (48KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1498892658018.jpg
48KB, 540x482px
>>15657778
I wish they would milk Gundam Unicorn more
>>
>>15658739

>implying Gundam will ever die

UC alone can keep the series going near-perpetually, and you know it.
>>
>>15658750
>tfw didn't care too much for Unicorn
>tfw really want a sequel just for the sheer lunacy
>>
Wasn't there supposed to be a G00 announcement in July?
>>
>>15658813
I want a direct prequel because sequels won't have anymore Marida ;___;
>>
Honestly they are fucking with us, I mean it's not like there isn't any material... Can't we have Crossbone / Sentinel / Or even some MSV adapted into an anime is it too much to ask...
>>
Wasn't IBO announced like two-three months before the air date? It's still to early to call there's no Gundam TV series this year. Though I'm fine with that as well, no need for a series every year.

And Gundam will only be dead once Bandai decides Gunpla is no longer a profitable business.
>>
>>15658908
>Honestly they are fucking with us
Yeah they are really fucking with you by making so many fucking series in the past 4 years

>Can't we have Crossbone / Sentinel / Or even some MSV adapted
Fuck no. Stop turning mediocre material into anime.
>>
>>15657798
No. Its more to do with the fact IBO was terrible, Try was polarizing, and G-Reco was shitted on by casuals. The Gundam franchise needs a hiatus after Thunderbolt season 2 is over.
>>
>>15658003
You forgot Unicorn RE 0096 aka the TV adaption of the OVAs.

>AGE: 2011-2012
>GBF: 2013-2014
>GBF Try: 2014-2015
>G-Reco: 2015-2016
>Thunderbolt S1: 2015-2016
>IBO S1: 2015-2016
>Unicorn RE: 2016
>IBO S2: 2016-2017
>Thudnerbolt S2: 2017-
>>
>>15658379
AoT and Jojo didn't do well? what the fuck why?
>>
>>15659034
>Try not terrible
>Reco not polarizing
>IBO not shat on by casuals

You have to go back!
>>
If only we could stop ANN's unethical journalism on gundam and get someone better than Lauren Orsini the rage can be quelled just a bit. That place is now our Feminist Frequency.
>>
>>15659069
Try was bad, but that's not the point of what I was saying. You go back to ANN or /a/reddit.
>>
>>15659065
>Jojo's
>Dubbed

That's why. I usually don't engage in anti dub autism but why anyone would watch it dubbed is beyond me. Moreover and probably a bigger factor, the people jojo's appeals too, they've already seen and or have read it generally so they either don't care to see it again, or people just weren't interested.
>>
>>15659069
IBO was loved by casuals you shit-eating Mongoloid.
>>
>>15659093

The people who hadn't seen Jojo before had no idea what they were watching. To them it was a bad WTF show beginning with episode 1, and all the promises of how Part II would do better didn't pan out. It lost more viewers than IBO ever did (though IBO lost viewers on top of that. The two of them averaged something like 450k together), and the two of them are commonly cited as the beginning of Toonami's recent ratings problems.

With AoT, it's because the original craze has died down somewhat. Combined with how the subbed version is only a couple of weeks ahead, there isn't much reason to watch the dubbed version.

Let me put it like this, IBO could bring in over a million viewers if DBZ and OPM performed well to give it a strong lead-in. Nowadays, DBZ is struggling to see over a million viewers.
>>
>>15658334
>Mecha is fine so long as the storytelling and animation is fine

Name one show that has both.

>There's nothing special about giant robots that makes the genre good

FTFY
>>
>>15659065
Jojo failed because they were showing Part 1/2 like 4 years after it had aired already, and nobody really cared since the kind of anime fan that still watches Toonami only cares about Stardust Crusaders and DIO memes.

I don't know why AoT didn't do well, weren't they getting the second season dubbed like a week after it aired in Japan?
>>
>>15658970
IBO S1 and S2 were teased/announced at Anime Expo. Build Fighters and Try I believe were later.
>>
>>15658751
>Saying this when the latest installment is Twilight Axis
UC is on its last legs.
>>
>>15659420

All they have to do is revisit the OYW and they get easy money every single time.

There's still at least two more episodes of Origin, for starters.
>>
>>15659147
>Name one show that has both.
Zeta works fine.
>>
Late UC anime when?
I really just an adaptation of Crossbone with some good art
>>
Gundam will die if you do not buy more gunpla.
>>
>>15659425
Can't wait for all the future Zaku kits!
>>
>>15659420
UC is so profitable they can even give Ark Performance a half assed ONA and it still makes money. Holy shit.
>>
>>15658741
>Wasn't there an announcement for Code Geass R3? I guess Sunrise is focusing on Code Geass to get that fujo money

They announced it last November, apparently its going to use the same animation style as well. I wouldn't bank on it rolling out until early 2018 since Sunrise said they were going to do some compilation films to build the hype.
>>
>>15659420
>He thinks Japan's insatiable lust for Zeonwank will ever be quelled.

Anon, watch some half-assed fourth Neo Zeon movement be shat out, or Sunrise be desperate enough to touch Gundam F90.
>>
>>15659065

Because anyone who actually cared about either of those shows watched them as they aired like 2-3 years before they made it to Toonami. By the time Part 1/2 JoJo aired on Toonami, we were well into Part 4.

Additionally, thanks to services like Crunchyroll and Netflix, no one really watches dubbed anime on TV anymore.
>>
>>15658862
An announcement of some kind, but no idea if it involved animation. Also no idea when in July.
>>
Fucking... Adapt Amazing Ready.
>Awesome kits, some of which already are out
>Follows a character people (should) like
>Plenty of room to create filler (i mean its basically "Gundam Hogwarts" for a majority of it, so just extrapolate on that.
>Decent rivalries that can get more in depth and fleshed out
>Cameos of other BF favorites like Sei's daddy

Make it happen Sunrise. Think of the kits you can make.
>>
>tfw they've milked UC for all it's worth
>tfw UC is best part imo
>tfw they've milked it so hard they can no longer really expand or add to it as much
Rest in peace Gundam.
>>
>>15664040
GBFA sucks, dude.

>Cheapens Yuuki's otherwise creative and high-quality variant designs by giving him very slight modifications to whatever random suit Bandai wants to shill this week
>Not only did he never require a backstory, every attempt to flesh him out since Build Fighters just makes him feel obnoxious and forced
>Focuses almost entirely on edgy tryhard Gunpla Academy shit, which nearly everyone agrees is the absolute worst part of the universe
>Instead of Plavsky hax, its main gimmick is dumb swiss-army knife weapons that clash atrociously with literally every suit they're placed on and force characters to rely on them instead of employing their gunpla's unique equipment
>every "rivalry" goes like this:
>"GRR I HATE YOU EVEN THOUGH WE USED TO BE FRIENDS"
>"NO WHY ARE YOU MEAN NOW I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS"
>"I HATE YOU NOW FOR REASONS I AM UNWILLING TO ELABORATE ON"
>"WE SHOULD BE FRIENDS AGAIN BECAUSE GUNPLA IS FREEDOM"
>"OKAY WE ARE FRIENDS AGAIN BECAUSE GUNPLA IS FREEDOM"
>rinse, repeat.
>>
File: NaniMotherfucker.gif (519KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
NaniMotherfucker.gif
519KB, 400x225px
>>15664240
I actually liked that Yuuki basically became full chuuni in Try, and especially when he was paired with that one girl. GBF Yuuki was hilarious because he was like a secret chuuni acting as a parody of Char/Quattro. They got a lot of great gags out of that. Try's Yuuki gags weren't as funny, but I still enjoyed that he basically stopped giving a shit entirely and just went full chuuni Char mode.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.