[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam : Iron-Blooded Orphans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 22

Let's settle this once and for all

http://www.strawpoll.me/13333020
>>
>>15657108
Alright but overrated. The ending is what really sold the show, but that alone is not quite worth the issues of the 40+ episodes proceeding it.
>>
>>15657108
I'm 20 episodes in but it's pretty meh so far. I like certain aspects of it, and I DO like the mecha design, but the show's way too slow and not a whole lot happens. I mean, all that really happened in the first 20 episodes is they sold some new model kits, some people died, more people learned about Kudelia's goals, and they made it to Earth, which in a normal Gundam show would take 5 episodes, not 20.
>>
There's no way you think it was good if you have seen a single Gundam show before it
>>
>>15657144
Which ending? For me, the Gjallarhorn plot ending w/ McGillis & Gaelio was very satisfying, the Tekkadan ending was not.
>>
>>15657388
On one hand I want to say that's true but on the other I hadn't watch a Gundam show before I saw the premiere of IBO and hated it because fujo pandering. Coincidentally that made me try 0080 and 0079 which got me sold on the franchise. I've recently come back to IBO and I don't hate it nearly as much. It definitely has a stronger opening than SEED and RE: 0096 though not as well as ZZ or X.
>>
File: IBO01.gif (1MB, 656x368px) Image search: [Google]
IBO01.gif
1MB, 656x368px
What did Sunrise mean by this?
>>
Mari Okada was a mistake
>>
>>15657410
McGillis and Gaelio finale? A+

Tekkadan tinale? B. Going into season two, there was this comment going around about how the director didn't want the audience to think Tekkadan were wrong or misguided even though he didn't think they were going down the wrong path. It really made me feel like there was a deliberate attempt to misguide the audience themselves, so some of Nagai's anti-Tekkadan comments post-series make a little more sense to me. Plus the more I looked into the issue of child soldiers in the real world, it solidified that feeling that the show was trying to mislead the audience. It all kinda fell into place, so the ending was something I was expecting.

But at the same time, I feel the show didn't want to come out and call a bunch of orphans trying to survive evil either. It was in a hard spot without getting on top of a soapbox, so the ending opted to destroy Tekkadan so a bunch of the children can live.
>>
>>15657108
I can't even begin to describe how sick I am of seeing this OP image
>>
>>15657108
It was a fucking travesty
>>
>>15657108
Loved the ending, but I wish Tekkadan ending happened at the end of the first season and the McGillis & Gaelio story-line was season 2.
>>
>>15657459
Kudelia as a fat ass.
>>
File: IBO S2.jpg (129KB, 883x1199px) Image search: [Google]
IBO S2.jpg
129KB, 883x1199px
>>15657486
>I can't even begin to describe how sick I am of seeing this OP image
Do you prefer the S2 image?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170625-223621.jpg (638KB, 1077x939px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170625-223621.jpg
638KB, 1077x939px
>>15657520
She might be the most objectively attractive Gundam gal in a long time.
pic related unobjectively of course
>>
>>15657529
How can Kudelia be the most attractive if her hairstyle looks like her hairdresser decided to use a chainsaw to cut her fringe and bangs
>>
>>15657459
Why does her butt just disappear towards the end of that shot
>>
>>15657540
The lighting in that room is incredibly dim so the fact that we can even see her ass means that its fat. It disappears because of the way she leans out of the light and into the shadow.
>>
>>15657538
Her hairstyle is unique and the giant volume of it offsets her thin body, decent rack, and fat ass well.
>>
>>15657484
>McGillis and Gaelio finale? A+
Opinion discarded
>>
>>15657529
>tats
Probably riddled with STDs too.
>>
>>15657108
Needs separate polls for each season.
S1 was trash
S2 was meh
>>
>>15657859
That's why you wear a fucking condom. Stop making excuses you flaming faggot.
>>
>>15657892
>thinks condoms = std free

Hello Virginia
>>
>>15657958
That's what they're designed for, contrarian-kun.
>>
File: 1481376094043.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1481376094043.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>15657995
>condoms
>designed to prevent STDs and not contraception despite existing in Asia long before the 1490s European syphilis outbreak
Hope you like getting herpes, syphilis, HPV, and crabs, anon.
>>
File: 1488667891757.jpg (553KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1488667891757.jpg
553KB, 4032x3024px
IBO is a solid "Meh". Like it's not a 0/10 anime, and it's definitely not a 10/10, it falls right in the middle area of having some cool scenes/characters/ideas in a badly executed show. Definitely in the 5/10 area.

The only thing I can say I thought was great was the mechanical designs in the show, but that's more subjective and can't really be used as a pro for the show itself.
>>
How did IBO do commercially, counting views and gunpla moved?

>>15658215
The point is, you're a faggot if you wouldn't that Feddie grunt.
>>
>>15658259
models sold well, but Japan reviled the show itself
>>
>>15658264
Considering it got renewed for a second season in the first place, I think that's equating the complaints from TWO groups with the entire country hating the show,
>>
>1/3 of /m/en thinks that IBO is good
We're doomed
>>
>>15657108
It alright
>>
>>15658297
I bet even more idolize SEED/Destiny or despise Gundam in general.
>>
>>15658303
>>15658305
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>15658312
Misspoke and didn't want to give an unintended meaning? Don't be pedantic.
>>
>>15658281
Ibo did good enough in japan. Not terrible, not outstanding.
>>
>>15658297
More like 78% think it's meh/ok or better
>>
>>15657859
You do know most people - 2/3rds of the world have HSV-1 and HPV - and that its not sexually transmitted, right?

Similarly, gonorrhoea and chlamydia are more frequently transmitted through sharing clothes with people, beds or from unwashed gym equipment than it is through sex.

As for parasites, given they're military and military demands strict communal hygene the odds are next to none.

If you want to know who they're most common with, look at people who work in environments that crossover between the two of those classifications - where equipment is communal, scarcely washed and sex is very common.

Generally its considered very important that pilot-suits and jumpsuits are cleaned VERY regularly (regardless of whether they sortie) and names are sewn into them. They are NOT interchangeable. Similarly, pilots are expected to wash VERY often because their mission duration are long and they're very tense so they sweat a ton.
>>
>>15657859
By all means if you're intimidated by a woman who can kick your ass, just come out right and say it instead of making up reasons to be upset about these things.

The fact you're a beta is a bit sad but you shouldn't inflict your own insecurities onto others.

That's how rumours get started and morons like you can end up ruining someone's life - which is made even sadder by the fact you don't have one yourself.
>>
>>15658264
The guy who was translating the side story was living in Japan while s1 was airing, and in his words the show wasn't "terribly popular." It has it's fanbase, but according to a few JP anons that have stopped in the general impression was that given the amount of promotion the show got Banrise was probably hoping for it to be bigger than it ended up being.

Model kits sold well enough Bandai has bragged about them though, with over 3 million units sold.
>>
Funimation releasing IBO BDs.

What is life?

Lowkey thinking about buying the collector's edition with the hg metalic barbados.
>>
>>15658375
Did they make any real changes to the BDs or is it just mostly the broadcast version?
>>
True mediocrity.
>>
War good/great till the last 11 episodes
Then the characters made no sense. McGillis going MUH BAEL and thinking that would win a revolution did not make one bit of sense. Where is my god damn Bael Vs Barbatos. Rustal won and goes like "LOL my purpose the entire time was to limit my own power and save the world" after all of corruption and power mongering was shown. Fucking producers making political statements on shows
>>
>>15658416
The intent of the messages in this show were all over the place. I can't tell if there were writers with clashing ideas or what.
>>
>>15658416
Anime can't into politics. There are only two exceptions: Dougram and LoGH.
>>
>>15658416
Those episodes actually made perfect sense.
>>
>>15657108
Since this is the designated IBO shitposting thread, might as well ask this.
Did anyone else have problems with Mikazuki as a skillful pilot? I never really got the sense that he was good at fighting, more so much that he happens to have a gundam with an unblockable mace and better reflexes. The show plays up this inspiring music as he smashes apart grazes. But really it's like watching someone pick Fox in melee with a gamecube controller and the other guy gets to play Pichu with a set of DK Bongos.
>>
>>15658523
I don't recall the show ever really trying to sell him as an ace because of personal skill. It was pretty clear that his main advantage was the implant followed by better suit specs. The Mobile Armor was the only fight he had that was on more or less even terms and he got fucked up pretty bad there. The overly heroic music was an issue on occasion though.
>>
>>15658523
The one main advantage over any other person using the AV system would be that he has three implants, right?

Did anyone else have that many implants?
>>
>>15658664

Apart from Ein, no.
>>
>>15658281
A second season was always planned
>>
>>15659007
The point I was trying to make was that if the series was viewed as horrible by the majority of the populace then they wouldn't have bothered to make a second season in the first place even if it was planned.
Personally I have doubts about how well planned it was considering how it played out.
>>
So apparently Toonami just announced their broadcast of the second season dub.
Looks like I might need to speed watch beings how I'm only on episode 3.
>>
>>15659019
>The point I was trying to make was that if the series was viewed as horrible by the majority of the populace then they wouldn't have bothered to make a second season in the first place even if it was planned.
That is not how Japanese television works, an animation company buys sets of 13 slots at a time and delivers on those slots, Bandai pad money for those in advanced. This is the reason sudden cancellations are very rare in anime.
>>
>>15657144
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13333020
>IBO
>alright
Dumb apologist.
>>
>>15659061
/m/ has a lot of idiots, look how many morons wrongfully praise this repulsive filth.
>>
>>15657388
That's wrong
>>
>>15657388
All I've seen are SEED and Destiny and its better than both
>>
>>15659079
Except it is not in any possible way, Evageeks.
>>
>>15659079
Even as shit as SEED or Destiny are, they aren't guilty of long stretches of jackshit happening or ignoring the mecha roots of the franchise.
>>
>>15659092
They just do recap episodes back to back
>>
>>15659107
IBO also had like 2/3rds of its first season have nothing happening so still better then that.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170701-020110.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170701-020110.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Kudelia is a gift to this world.
>>
>>15659119
Yeah I sure do love shallow female leads who flip-flop every episode, contradict themselves, and have all their development trashed aside to repeat that formula all over again.
>>
>>15659131
You mean like every Gundam female lead?
>>
>>15657388
I watched EVERY gundam show before it. Even Evolve, G-Saviour, and IGLOO.
I thought it was good.
You may be surprised to hear this, but it IS possible for different people to all look at the same thing and have different opinions. Someone disagreeing with you is not evidence of them not knowing as much as you, it's just a different opinion. Expect this to happen your entire life.
>>
>>15659151
Seriously, though, maybe if Shakti talks to the Zanscare ONE MORE TIME they'll have a change of heart. It worked for Patrick Colasour.
>>
>>15659209
You really shouldn't bother with these autists... We're talking about people who think G-reco was an "objectively" good show and that all complaints about the writing are from people too stupid to be able to follow the plot even after tomino admitted the script had some major issues.
>>
>>15659151
That's not every female lead in Gundam. Even Relena and fucking Lacus have more depth to them then Aila does.
>>
>>15659579
*Kudelia
>>
>>15659579
Doesn't matter if the have more "depth". Both of those are more annoying than Kuderia.
>>
so does this thread confirm sheeple browse /m/?
>>
Julieta is the heroine of S2, thank god too Kudelia was and remains a terrible character.
>>
File: C34opUZVMAAx-vJ.jpg (94KB, 711x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C34opUZVMAAx-vJ.jpg
94KB, 711x1000px
Queen
>>
>>15657108
It's alright. Might rewatch to see if my opinion changes.
>>
>>15659599
Wrong.
>>
I liked it. I think Mcgillis made a lot of sense as a character. He tricks everyone into thinking hes your average scheming genious while in fact he is just the gjallarhorn equivalent of byzantine/roman /his/ LARPers, as shown in those flashbacks where he kept reading that shitty history book.
>>
>>15659599
Checked for truth.
>>
The ending annoyed me because it was completely unearned - although this is no different to most of the rest of the events of the series. It felt like every successful or unsuccessful play by each side was determined by who got to wear the plot armour at the time. In S1, Tekkadan is allowed to steamroll over everything that gets in their way. They conclude the final battle with no casualties except the guy who had been flying deathflags since he was introduced.

Then in S2, everything goes wrong for them because suddenly it's "realistic" and all the massive evil organisations use their huge resources and strategic planning to out-gun and out-think them - exactly as they had been doing all throughout S1, except now it's the bad guys' turn to win. Tekkadan's strategy of 'brute force a way through' arbitrarily works or doesn't entirely based on whether the plot needs it to, not on the actual set up of the circumstances at a given time.

That combined with the overall predictability of the plot, the tired cliches and painfully obvious foreshadowing of every single death or major event made it a slog to watch. The absolute pinnacle of both series, a sequence that can almost be considered good, is when Mika fights the Mobile Armor because at last something fucking happens and there's a cool fight scene. After episode after stifling, plodding episode it felt like actually being able to breathe again, if only for a few minutes - it's probably a fairly mediocre fight scene on its own, but in the context of the sheer boredom leading up to it, it was immensely gratifying. Other than that, there were no notable moments that elicited any detectable emotion in me (perhaps Ein destroying all of Tekkadan's best pilots in a beautiful killing spree, but the immediacy with which that was invalidated soured it in retrospect).
>>
>>15660229

>exactly as they had been doing

Not necessarily. Tekkadan's opposition in the first season consisted of a bunch of clueless mooks, a bumbling commander who had never set foot on a battlefield, and Gaelio and Ein, since McGillis directly fought Tekkadan all of once the entire season.

It was only when the second season rolled round that Gjallarhorn finally took off the kid gloves.
>>
>>15657108

It was very inconsistent and that was the main problem. The good parts were really cool but the show got bloated in too many plot lines and deciding on who they wanted the real "main character" to be. But watching a show week to week is always fun just for the discussions and speculation. I think the universe has potential but I doubt Bandai will do anything further than a Movie or OVA. Side note I really liked the HG Graze, one of my favorite kits.
>>
Kudelia's ass was fat and that's all that matters.
>>
File: ibo'd.jpg (51KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ibo'd.jpg
51KB, 800x450px
I want more Gundams. Isn't there a manga that's ongoing?
>>
>>15660242
The Graze was Gjallarhorn's newest MS and it wasn't even designed with fighting other MS in mind. Gjallarhorn was a sleeping giant in season one, and Edmonton and it's repercussions woke it up. Not to mention Gaelio alerted others to what McGillis was doing, causing them to move against him which quickly dispelled his chessmaster image. It's pretty easy to look like a pro when you don't have an opponent present.
>>
Looks like meh/good is leading which is about what I expected because that's what it is. It's alright and that's all.
>>
File: ibo03blink.gif (499KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
ibo03blink.gif
499KB, 854x480px
What did Kudelia mean by this?
>>
>>15660843
>It's alright
No its not. You just have low standards
>>
File: ibo03.png (243KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
ibo03.png
243KB, 629x354px
When is this show supposed to get bad again?
>>
>>15661225
Around the space ark
>>
>>15659037
>That is not how Japanese television works, an animation company buys sets of 13 slots at a time and delivers on those slots, Bandai pad money for those in advanced

No. When s1 was nearing its end there were a number of anons pointing out that the slot for the next fall was occupied by another show as evidence there would not be a s2. They did not plan a s2 from the beginning. They fuckingpaid their wayin to get that slot from someone Elkhart. It got approved midway through the show for s1. That's why the dort arc is full of nothing since they had to change the original ending by padding it the fuck out.
>>
>>15661151
No, you are just overly concerned with what everyone else thinks
>>
Alright boys so this was my first GUNDAM and I just finished the first season and
it was alright
the first few episodes got me pretty hype
the mechs are cool as fuck and the fighting sequences although short we're rad as fuck too BUTTT i feel like it the story premise and characters could've been handled better and im not really sure i want to go ahead with s2 but i want to keep watching gundam
direct me /m/
>>
>>15659119
Literally a slightly less retarded Ru-reena
>>
File: 2017-06-15_12-41-12.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-15_12-41-12.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
>>15661420
If you want to get into anything early UC, then you'll be best off slogging through the original MSG 0079. The animation is shit and a casual filter but overall the pacing is well done and there's some great moments among the averageness of the show.
Alternatively, if you like teenage drama and Evangelion you could go for SEED. The entire first half is a rip-off of 0079 but the second half is quite unique and entertaining.
See pic related for most of your questions.
>>
File: Real Gundam Guide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
Real Gundam Guide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15661824
Stop posting the troll chart and use the real one
>>
>>15661420
It is too late for you, you enjoy an abomination of the franchise.
>>
>15661915
>15661919
>posts almost exactly a minute apart, complete with shitty chart and incoherent bashing
H-HE'S BACK
>>
>>15661824
I know you're shitposting about SEED but do people really think the second half of SEED is entertaining?
>>
>>15662079
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED is good.
>>
>>15662079
>shitposting about SEED
Not really.
>>15662156
>Mobile Suit Gundam SEED is good.
I don't know if I'd call it "good." It has its moments but its pacing is shit, the focus teenage characters is annoying, and the plotlines are derivative for the entire first half of the show.
The second half is entertaining, however. It does its own thing and borrows from some pop culture but overall its fun to watch.
>>
File: berbetas.webm (930KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
berbetas.webm
930KB, 1280x720px
>people defending this
>>
>>15661225
Episode 4
>>
File: Snapshot 1 (7-3-2017 4-14 PM).png (197KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 1 (7-3-2017 4-14 PM).png
197KB, 629x354px
>>15662472
Literally how did you come to that conclusion?
>>
i just need the OST dammit
>>
>>15662832
OP1 is embarrassingly catchy while ED1 has absolutely no right being that good. One of the better Gundam OSTs, actually.
>>
>>15657108
just a fucking disappointment. building to something that never materialized.
>>
>>15658297
Yes, we are doomed because this proves the "IBO is shit" retards were just a loud minority spamming the threads and shitposting 24/7. We have some autistic trolls but that's news at eleven.
>>
>>15662832

Raise. Your. FLAG!
>>
File: q.png (296KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
296KB, 629x354px
>>
File: Snapshot 2 (7-3-2017 4-15 PM).png (163KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 2 (7-3-2017 4-15 PM).png
163KB, 629x354px
>Char clone is a pedophile
And people say IBO was a departure from old school Gundam
>>
>>15663423
Even if IBO got everything else wrong, he's the most accurate Char clone in a long time.
>>
>>15663442
And the worst, go figure
>>
>>15663423
No, he was the pedobait.
>>
>>15663423
McChoco made me realize Char was also a manchild.
>>
>>15663449
Both Frontal and Chronicle are still worse. And Rau is barely a notch above him.
>>
>>15663549
>There are people this fucking slow on /m/

Jesus fucking christ
>>
File: VnTUUFL.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
VnTUUFL.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>15663442
>he's the most accurate Char clone since the last one
FTFY
>>15663549
You cannot be fucking serious.
>>
>>15663635
Mask was a chunni.
>>
>>15663635
>>15663640
Mask was a cardboard cutout, just like everyone else in G-Rectum.
>>
>>15663640
Wow just like Char
>>
File: gNfZteZ.png (718KB, 864x482px) Image search: [Google]
gNfZteZ.png
718KB, 864x482px
>>15663640
And?
>>
>>15663647
>G-Rectum
Sup ANN
>>
>>15663653
Sup yourself, ANN conspiracist?
>>
>>15658233
Agreed, this was like Seed/Seed Destiny all over again, Top notch mecha design trapped in a mediocre storyline
>>
File: 1467044741909.jpg (69KB, 579x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467044741909.jpg
69KB, 579x480px
>>15663681
>Seed/Seed Destiny
>Top notch mecha design
>>
File: i5eat.gif (246KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
i5eat.gif
246KB, 854x480px
>>
File: i5cook.gif (278KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
i5cook.gif
278KB, 854x480px
>>
>>15663640
> G-Reco and IBO in same SRW.
> Mask and McGillis fighting each other.
> Both loudly talk about how they are the hero.
>>
I wanted to like IBO, then it ended up being just as bad as Aldnoah. what a shame. I can give aldnoah one thing though, sawano music.
>>
>>15664167

Dude, Aldnoah and IBO was pretty awesome compared to the pace of mech anime's that have aired in the past 3 yrs. I can name only a handful that are the exceptions.
>>
>>15663681
GS/D was Okawara at his worst.
>>
>>156619
I thought it was cool but some episodes felt like a chore to watch and i didn't like howmelodramatic it could get
>>
>>15660242
>Gjallarhorn finally took off the kid gloves
Nah, I'd say they took off the kid gloves by Edmonton
>>
>>15662857
Ehh, more people think it's meh or worse than good or better. I'd say that there's just split opinion
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.