[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So...there is anything to expect this season?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 15

File: gundam (2).png (286KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
gundam (2).png
286KB, 720x720px
>>
File: 1498478617213.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498478617213.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Drill fisting in a few hours, Knights & Magic tomorrow
>>
>>15656151
>Knights & Magic tomorrow
Isn't that isekai?
>>
File: shaq sleep.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
shaq sleep.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>15656151
>>
>>15656155
Isekai with an overpowered wish fulfilment self-insert harem protagonist.

Run down the list of tropes and you'll probably find everything.
>>
>>15656104
Captain Tyolor shorst directed by the guy who did Tri-Zenon, take that as you will.

>>15656155
As by the book as they come.
I might by models of the robots if they release them.
>>
File: bann19298_4_1496039996.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
bann19298_4_1496039996.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
>>15656155
Isekai with mechs. There's like 3 other isekai shows airing this season too, and the only one that actually sounds any decent is Restaurant to Another World
>>
>>15656164
>knights and magic
>in another world with my smartphone
Restaurant isekai doesn't have much competition.

It's not really traditional isekai either. It's an otherwise normal restaurant that people from fantasy worlds can enter, as opposed to some self-insert loser being reincarnated or otherwise entering a fantasy world where they are immediately awarded phenomenal cosmic powers for no good reason.
>>
File: reflection_teaser_WEB[1].jpg (89KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
reflection_teaser_WEB[1].jpg
89KB, 350x495px
>>15656104
Stan Lee is making another Japanese cartoon, which is about superheroes so it'll probably have /m/ content.
>>
>>15656104
I don't expect anything from japanese entertainment industry. Except for Ace Combat and The Origin
>>
>>15656176
I forgot about this one, maybe it'll be good.
>>
>>15656167
Call me crazy but I rather have that traditional isekai than the restaurant one.

I mean, wish fullfillment isekai can be bad (depends on the work on question) but it still makes sense to me, go to another world just to eat in a fucking restaurant is in my opinion lot more retarded.

No matter how bad it is, go to a fantasy world and become god is still more interesting than go to a fantasy world and do nothing.
>>
>>15656217
>he doesn't iyashikei or cooking shows
>>
>>15656223
I like slice of life, and I like cooking shows. I also like fantasy slice of lifes and fantasy cooking (meshi).

But adding isekai to that sort of shows is completly pointless. It adds literally nothing
>>
>>15656104

Check the catalog, there's already a thread for Summer shit >>15651415
>>
>>15656992
>It adds literally nothing
No matter how different people are, they all share the same basic need for sustenance, and the social aspect of sharing food is something that can bring anyone together.

The isekai aspect is literally the entire point. It's a food tourism show like No Reservations or Bizarre Eats but in reverse, where the host stays the same and the different cultures come to experience him.
>>
>>15656159
Sometimes, that can be fun
I liked Maze, which was fairly similar
>>
>>15656151
>Knights & Magic tomorrow
Holy fuck that's coming out tomorrow?
I'm ready.
>>
>>15656176
Didn't Stanly narrate the PV and it sounded like poop?
>>
>>15656104
titties
>>
File: img000006.png (618KB, 1136x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000006.png
618KB, 1136x1600px
GENERAL BLACK

YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE A GENERAL BLACK ANIME, JAPAN

WHERE IS GENERAL BLACK ANIME
>>
File: m001.jpg (140KB, 869x1232px) Image search: [Google]
m001.jpg
140KB, 869x1232px
>>15657634
Series of web shorts iirc.
>>
>>15657634
New chapters when
>>
The Reflection is the only new show this season I'm really interested in, /m/ or otherwise. Pickings have been pretty slim this year so far.
>>
File: img000009.png (505KB, 1136x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000009.png
505KB, 1136x1600px
>>15657682
That's not enough

I need more!

Moooooooooooooore!
>>
>>15656151
Anyone lined up to sub it?
>>
>>15657736
Its on amazon, isn't it? It comes with subtitles like onihei I think
>>
>>15657442
>I liked Maze, which was fairly similar

The big difference is that Maze told a complete story over the span of however many episodes

This will be 12 or 13 episodes of build up and then a cliffhanger just as things get moving with no S2 and basically just telling you to fuck off to by some shitty novels
>>
File: despair 1.png (733KB, 760x839px) Image search: [Google]
despair 1.png
733KB, 760x839px
Not really, no.
Netflix picked up both of the shit I wanted to watch, the bastards.
>>
>>15658822
There are subs out for both Symphogear and Knights and MAgic
>>
>>15658818
Plus anything that has some level of Satoru Akahori involvement (even if he writes nothing but the light novel version) at least uses the clichés with glee.

Hell, even Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari got to resolve its plot in a similar amount of episodes as Knights & Magic, never mind shorter stuff like El Hazard. The current climate can't allow long animated versions of isekai tales much.
>>
>>15659409
Well, has anyone actually seen either yet?
>>
>>15659442

I mean for as much as people rag on isekai for being derivative and lazy (And it IS) the real problem is less that and more the market of making LN adaptations that serve no purpose beyond plugging the books.

Even comedy series like KonoSuba get old after a while when you run out of gags and don't make any headway on the story
>>
>>15660358
Well that is all anime is, after all. It's just paid programming with a story.
>>
>>15657634
I think I read it was some weird thing animated for phones, and released over an app. I'm pretty sure it's animated to you watch it with your phone vertical too. Shit sounds weird.
>>
File: 1498929145522.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498929145522.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>15660127
Yes, Symphogear returned to save anime again and somehow exceeded the first level of GX
>>
>>15660127
Symphogar was the most dumb awesome thing ever. I mean, it was really dumb but looking hibiki punching tanks and parriying shells was just awesome.

Knights and magic was wish fullfillment LN isekai handbook from start to finish, but eh, at least things actually happen, there were wizard robots fighting giant insects and gunblades. May be everything on it is generic but at least things happen there.
>>
>>15660362
>It's just paid programming with a story.

That's no excuse not to make a better product that stands on it's own. You do want this shit to sell BD's on top of novels. You're not gonna win over long term fans by blue balling them with some generic copy pasted crap that doesn't go anywhere. Tell a full story and fans will buy your anime even if they don't buy the books and a good number will buy the books if they like the anime.

pic fucking related
>>
>>15660390
I think it is when the problem originates from the LNs in the first place. Publishers are probably aware of the trends in the industry and understand that audiences are getting sick of generic isekai shit, so they don't end up giving much money to the animation studios because they don't have much faith in their properties.
>>
>>15656104
>>15656151
>>15656155
>>15656156
>>15656163
>>15656159
Violet Evergarden is /m/.
>>
>>15660387
Just finished watching the first episode of Knights and Magic. It was okay. In the real world segment I thought that the voice didn't match our protagonist's face. Then it just cuts really awkwardly to the kid who apparently didn't know what his family did and we find that it's the mech otaku that got reincarnated. Why did he not know that his family is involved in training mech pilots? I don't know, maybe it explains it in the LNs. Just in the first episode there are at least 2 time skips and the kid doing amazing things from the outset instead of being some nobody and gaining power from nothing like eating monsters.

I can already tell it's going to be a fun if not cliched ride.
>>
>>15660398

I do have to wonder what it's like being the guy in charge of greenlighting all these pitches. They must see a thousand drafts a day that start with

>MC Kun is a normal highschool NEET who is suddenly...
>>
>>15660470
>this season
I didn't know it was 2018 already.
>>
>>15660628
I'm more wondering how what is greenlit (presumably) remains profitable. Another isekai that's coming out this season is called "isekai wa smartphone." I look at that and I can't help but think that something like that was approved because apparently the barrel has no bottom to scrape and there is no lowest common denominator. Either that or this is the last gasp of a dying trend.

Still, if an anime studio thinks that something like that could make money, it's a bad sign
>>
>>15660692

I confess Im not much for economics but with how much it must cost to do a whole anime series even a low budget one it just strikes as a seriously over expensive way to advertise some crummy books that probably aren't worth the paper they're written on. I mean between the cost of hiring animators, voice actors, musicians and I don't know what else I just don't know how this is an attractive proposition. Even the successful examples that do pay off are too few and far between and they people making this shit has to know what crap they have on their plates
>>
>>15660470
That's the kyoani one right? I never heard anything about /m/ content but I don't know anything about it.
>>
>>15660628
>MC Kun is a normal highschool NEET who is suddenly...

You aren't a NEET if you're in school. That counts as doing something productive with your life.
>>
How did this "otaku dude gets reincarnated into a fantasy world" thing get so big so fast anyway?
It's been what, 2 to 3 years since I've last really cared about looking up season charts and picking things to watch? And I don't remember much of that back then.
Hell, the first time I've heard of Knights and Magic, when the manga's first few chapters were story-timed here on /m/, I had no idea that was a genre, let alone a big one.
>>
>>15660792
I've heard that it's not so much that it necessarily sells well as that it's easy as fuck for any hack writer to make one and as such the market is so flooded with so many variations on it that a few get picked up every season
>>
File: Aura_Battler_Dunbine.jpg (37KB, 342x465px) Image search: [Google]
Aura_Battler_Dunbine.jpg
37KB, 342x465px
>isekai is all the rage now

And I thought Dunbine Bombed
>>
>>15660858
Shush, don't give them ideas to make a modern Dunbine reboot/spinoff to cash in on the isekai craze.
>>
>>15660885
Can't be any worse than the original
>>
>>15660792
>>15660803
Isekai has been around for decades. What changed is that the vast reserve of LNs started getting dipped into heavily by animation studios these last couple of years, and isekai stories are quite popular.

Worth noting that we actually have a lot of isekai and isekai-esque stories in the West. Stories of normal human beings being whisked away to a place or time unknown to them where they end up having a greater role than before. Farscape comes to mind.

It's an easy way to draw in readers, because instead of it being some fiction about fictional people doing things in a fictional land it's a fictional representation of a modern human being thrown into a fictional setting. Also gives the author the opportunity to write about the additional challenge that this change brings, and how they imagine it would affect that human representative. If it's just a fictional person from a fictional place, things just carry on like normal and the only strange thing going on is whatever the plot brings.
>>
>>15660858

That was the 80s when Japan still had hope.

Nips today are all miserable and desperate to escape the depressing reality that is being a salaryman.
>>
File: conneticut yankee.jpg (99KB, 449x700px) Image search: [Google]
conneticut yankee.jpg
99KB, 449x700px
>>15660919
>Isekai has been around for decades.

Putting it mildly
>>
>>15660887
Do not understimate Japan
>>
>>15656104
Try season 3
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.