[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on F91?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: 20170630_133321.jpg (321KB, 948x572px) Image search: [Google]
20170630_133321.jpg
321KB, 948x572px
The pacing was something else but the action was delicious and the last 30 minutes pretty much saved the movie and might have even put it over CCA. Is the Crossbone manga a decent follow-up?
>>
>>15654566
I liked it, it was solid all around.
>>
>>15654566

It very much shows that it was a series concept that was squashed down to a movie but overall it's a decent watch
>>
>>15654566
I find irony in how they clearly put effort into making it non-reliant on knowledge of previous Gundam beyond "space colony, Gundam, and newtype are things that exist" but the hypercompressed nature results in a mess that's easier to sort through the more you're familiar with Tomino's styles and themes
>>
File: Screenshot_20170630-190214.jpg (212KB, 944x557px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170630-190214.jpg
212KB, 944x557px
RIP in piece, delicious brown

>>15654856
This is the most correct thing I've read all day.
>>
>>15654566
F91 is the most beautiful UC suit
>>
File: HAYAI.jpg (372KB, 698x860px) Image search: [Google]
HAYAI.jpg
372KB, 698x860px
>>15654566
>the last 30 minutes pretty much saved the movie
>USE THE FORCE SEABOOK
>>
File: rg-unicorn-gundam.jpg (134KB, 676x560px) Image search: [Google]
rg-unicorn-gundam.jpg
134KB, 676x560px
>>15654896
>tfw unicorn got an rg before f91
>>
Am I the only one who really liked Seabook's sister ? I felt like she was one of thee most mature characters I've seen in a Gundam show, maybe because most children in the series are usually start off as really annoying and only develop later.

>>15654566
I really loved it, but again I love almost all of UC, I have to agree about the last 30min (I really loved the ending with Seabook and Cecily drifting while Eternal Wind was playing). The suits where great (even the Rafflesia) and I really liked Iron Mask.
F91 also had two of my favourite anime songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4k0s1Z_2Cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRTzFop0-gs
>>
>>15654946
>even the Rafflesia
>even
Rafflesia was the best part imo.
>>
>>15654959
I dunno why, but many people here hate it. It's what made so excited to watch the movie in the first place since I've seen it in a Gundam game years ago.
>>
>>15654566
I'm really in the middle, on one hand I liked it and see A LOT of potential(sadly we all know this will never ever be made into a TV show). I liked pretty much all of the suits and it looked great, the cash while having hardly anything going on for them wasn't annoying or awful or anything. But still it is a mess and while watching it feels more like random scenes made into a movie than them having a good connection and flow. I know about the production problems and all that, but knowing about them in advance didn't make these obvious flaws easier to accept.

I personally rated F91 higher than CCA but that's because I came into F91 knowing about all its problems. While with CCA I mainly heard lots of praise and love and to me it just wasn't a good enough closure to Amuro and Char's legacies.
>>
>>15654920
I haven't been following the gunpla general for 2 years because of work, what happened that they're now capable of making that hand grenade?
>>
>>15654566
what's wrong with her eyes?
>>
>>15655049
She's an innocent child.
>>
>>15655049
They're unrealistically beautiful
>>
>>15654566
How come no one mentions that the biocomputer was an electronic recreation of a human brain and that's why the human brain can interface with it.

UC has a lot of ridiculously advanced computing that just slips completely under the rug. Learning Computer can learn to pilot the Gundam on its own in the matter of a few months, ALICE becomes a human, they got Gundams with brains of their own that can share senses with a human sitting in the cockpit. What the fuck?

Why don't those motherfuckers just have a bunch of their brain computers in a farm and solve humanity's problems instead of sticking them in giant killing machines?
>>
>>15655010
It gets worse.
>>
>>15655197
>Why don't those motherfuckers just have a bunch of their brain computers in a farm and solve humanity's problems instead of sticking them in giant killing machines?
Minovsky particles.
>>
File: fuck the universe.jpg (370KB, 3110x2073px) Image search: [Google]
fuck the universe.jpg
370KB, 3110x2073px
>>15655010
The RG Astray, RG Char's Z'Gok, RG Sinanju, and RG Quan[T] all had a lot of innovations with how they mold stable RG kits, but I really doubt this kit has the capacity to not fall apart, because none of these kits have any transforming parts whatsoever. They won't even fix the Zeta.
>>
>>15655224
There's really nothing to be done. Plastic is plastic and Bandai's amount the best manufacturers of plastic products. I'm serious, a lot of chinese-made toys have poor plastic because they let it overcook or get burnt in the injection machine but Bandai's quality is consistent and top notch. But you're talking about plastic pieces that are as thin as like 2mm trying to hold up torsional loads when you're twisting limbs and shit, which also act as levers so they put even more stress on the parts. Transforming 1/144 kits are just a terrible idea and only metal frames would fix it.
>>
File: Drosie_Mua.gif (14KB, 241x344px) Image search: [Google]
Drosie_Mua.gif
14KB, 241x344px
Of all the hypecompressed things shoved into F91, she has stood out to me the most (apart from the weird tentacled flower MA Iron Vader piloted).
Also, was whoever in charge of romanizing names taking the piss with her name?
>Oh look, Tomino finally made a perfectly normal name, this reads like Dorothy Moore.
>Well, not anymore, she's Drosie Mua now!
>>
>>15655319
Yeah, she caught my eye as well.
Not to mention she's good with children, perfect wife material.
>>
>>15655319
>gif
>doesn't dance
wat
>>
>>15655010
Turns out Gundams are real, bandai's been getting the anime and gunpla blueprints from the dark history archives on the moon.
>>
>>15655358
Lot of old Gundam character images from Google suffer from this. Its too bad, really.
>>
It's one of the best looking Gundam shows ever, both art and art style
>>
>>15654566

10/10 animation

Generally great.

Story is weird, and the climax is weak.
>>
>>15655201
10 years later and they're still milking Unicorn for all its worth.
>>
>>15654566
> Is the Crossbone manga a decent follow-up?
Yes, now don't mention Crossbone on /m/ ever again because it brings actual discussion, and God knows /m/ hates anything that isn't shitposting.
>>
>>15654566
For what it is, it's actually okay.

Could've been a lot worse.
>>
File: q.png (957KB, 1016x517px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
957KB, 1016x517px
>>15657965
I'm a little turned off by the cartoon-y style to be honest.
>>
>>15658014
Yeah, the art is shit, there's no denying that.
>>
>>15658024
Fug, hopefully I can get through it.
>>
>>15658036
If anything dropping it because of the art is understandable, the story isn't as great as other UC titles but it is pretty good, it has some moments when its self-aware about it being a Gundam work and if you liked Victory you'll probably enjoyed no doubt.
>>
>>15655049
>>
>>15654896
The vectored thrusters alone put it over the top for me. I even love the face under the mempo.
>>
>>15658089
>that Female Full Frontal in the background
>>
>>15654566
Movie was pretty good
>GOAT soundtrack
>good animation for its time
>shit pacing
>decent plot
>F91 Gundam looked strange to me at first, but I really like its design now
>Grunt suits gave off a Nazi/Geara Zulu vibe, and their design was interesting.

I'm halfway through Crossbone, and I have to say I'm enjoying it. It introduces new environments that aren't your generic Earth/Space Colonies, Gundam designs are edgy but still look nice, the pacing is too fast desu.
>>
>>15654566
Better than most UC Gundam, but man was the pacing slow during talk scenes
>>
>>15654566
>Is the Crossbone manga a decent follow-up?

No. Its a sequel that takes place years later that follows an unrelated plot. If you want to actually know what happened during the rest off the Cosmo Babylonia conflict, Crossbone drops one or two lines of reference to it total.

You don't read it as a sequel to F91.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.