[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people keep making excuses for the IBO designs having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: TOY-GDM-1010_01.jpg (65KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-GDM-1010_01.jpg
65KB, 532x800px
Why do people keep making excuses for the IBO designs having shitty stick waists because they revealed inner frames? The Astrays also showed off their frames and none of them are skeletons. In fact most of the IBO designs feel like Astray wannabes.
>>
>>15654271
Shut the fuck up, don't give Felcher Menstruation Gundumb any more threads
>>
File: 1498071519224.jpg (197KB, 848x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1498071519224.jpg
197KB, 848x1199px
>>15654271
I like the smaller waist because they slimed down the overall look of the frames and have them a silhouette similar to Nagano's designs or Washio's usual Fafner work.
IBO's designs can be really hit or miss, and this was especially true for the Gundams.
The unconventional designs used in the show were one of the very few things I can give it props for.
Gundam mechanical design has become really inbred over the years and most of them don't do much besides adding some weapons, armor or backpacks to existing designs.
While this isn't a necessarily bad thing it created the current situation where any mecha designer working on a Gundam work is afraid to define what a Gundam is for themselves, so they just end up making another variant.
Washio and Ippei (and to an extent ebikawa) have both been bringing new ideas into the franchise and I commend them for it.
>>
>>15654301
I find it hilarious that the best fight and the best scene with the best animation from IBO was one with beams in it
>>
>>15654311
I liked it but I still found even that fight to be choppy at times.
The stuff in the episodes leading up to Crank's death was good though.
>>
>>15654271
Yeah, I don't get it, either. It's especially weird because IBO makes this big thing about how skilled pilots aim for the joints of their enemy's mobile suit because those are hard to armor. So having these big exposed joints right at the center of mass for what are supposedly the strongest and most powerful mobile suits...doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>15654428
This is what really irks me about the IBO designs too. Almost all the gunpla kits I have featured completely exposed midriffs, and the elbow joints, forearms, and almost all of the back of the leg are completely unarmored. I guess the strategy is to just move fast and hope you don't get flanked.
>>
>>15654311
I don't remember seeing any beams in the Gusion/Geirail fight. What are you on about anon?
>>
>>15654291
>Felcher Menstruation Gundumb

Your shitty meme isn't going to catch on any time soon, DuelGundam2099
>>
>>15654428
>IBO makes this big thing about how skilled pilots aim for the joints of their enemy's mobile suit because those are hard to armor
This was literally never a thing
>>
>>15654576
It wasn't a constant in the show, but it was brought up in the Guison in vs Barbatos fight.

>>15654503
The frames are basically like diamonds in terms of strength, they can only be damaged with WMDs or weapons of the same rare materials.
Thus admiring them isn't a priority.
>>
>>15654574
I still want to know who Fletcher is, and why anon hates is Gundam so.
>>
>BTFO on /a/
>runs back to /m/ to shitpost in blind rage
Really gets the noggin joggin.
>>
>>15654428
>>15654503
>>15655338

No it was never a thing at all. You are confusing striking through gaps in the armor with joints.

The torso is actually also the strongest part of the ms because of the frame material that surrounds the ahab reactor is already hard as fuck is further reinforced by ahab particles.
>>
File: EjJopdbh[1].jpg (18KB, 600x600px)
EjJopdbh[1].jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>15654271
>>15654291

Samefagging that hard.
>>
>>15655338
>gusion is fully armored and doesn't have exposed parts like the other MS
>hurrr why are they talking about aiming for the joints

I thought IBO was garbage but maybe it's not as garbage as the viewers
>>
File: 1352790349003.jpg (57KB, 500x366px)
1352790349003.jpg
57KB, 500x366px
>>15655338
>The frames are basically like diamonds in terms of strength, they can only be damaged with WMDs or weapons of the same rare materials
But that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>15654428

Uh, no. Skilled pilots actually aim for the cockpit. Even MA Hashmal did it.

>>15655558

... All suits used in the show aside from the Graze-based and Teiwaz-based frames are refurbs that were already in use during the Calamity War. They're all literally 300 year-old suits. Most kills are scored by destroying the cockpit, leaving the frame itself intact for people to use again. That combined with the durability of the frame is the reason why most of them are still operable 300 years later.
>>
>>15655345
me too, i guess that beign a spaniard thats supposed to be a gringo joke , but still an explanation would be nice
>>
File: 1436075757180.png (230KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1436075757180.png
230KB, 450x338px
>>15655755
No. It's retarded that they would even need armor if the frames are indestructible. And if so, then why wouldn't areas like the cockpit have that material as armor? The cockpit is a fraction of the size of the mobile suit.

That's aside from whatever unobtainium is bullshitted into the universe to justify the existence of these weapons and is somehow, "as hard as diamond (which is actually extremely brittle if cut at a perfect angle)."
>>
Itt: complaining about muh realism in a show featuring giant robots, murder manlets, homos and underage threeways.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.