[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this fail when Power Rangers took off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: file.jpg (36KB, 833x655px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
36KB, 833x655px
>>
>>15653667
The fact that most of Saban's budget at the time was going into Power Rangers, leaving this to be the mess that it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67jBFQXJ7E
>>
>>15653678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQYpuINSXyE
>>
File: 1498660729457.jpg (411KB, 499x1222px)
1498660729457.jpg
411KB, 499x1222px
>>
Aside from the fact that it's a really bad adaptation, there's also the fact that the MC has no other heroes to play off of. That could work if the show was good, but it's not.
>>
>>15653746
What kinda dumb weeb shit is this?
>>
>>15653667
Part of the reason of PR's success is that there was nothing like it in most countries. This was like Power Rangers already and the West isn't very accepting of things that are perceived as similar.
I had that experience when VR Troopers came out, I refused to watch it because I thought it was a PR copy.
Also, they didn't really try with this. Power Rangers started rought but it does improve during its three seasons. VR Troopers, Masked Rider and Beetleborgs all finished without closure, they really didn't care.

>>15653759
>there's also the fact that the MC has no other heroes to play off of. That could work if the show was good, but it's not.
The first part is redundant, you're essentially saying the show is bad.

Also
>adaptation

>>15653785
/ssg/
>>
>>15653667
Power Rangers took off because it arrived right in the middle of dinomania during the early 90s.
>>
>>15653667
They couldn't use as much stock footage and so it was more expensive to make, leaving less budget for advertising
>>
>>15653678
That's not the only think.

What madman thought it would be a good idea to take THE most kid-friendly Showa era KR show (that ironically is a sequel to one of the top darker KR shows) and make it even MORE kid-friendly and tasting like diabetes.

Not to mention turning Black RX from a cyborg into an alien.
>>
>>15653667
there was no Gorgom plot
>>
Because the show was awful. And I was so hyped for it after Masked Rider's first appearance in the Power Rangers crossover.
>>
>>15653821
> West isn't very accepting of things that are perceived as similar.
So they should have just used teurn "Power Rangers" into a huge all-encompassing franchise for all adapted toku?
Instead of Kamen Rider or Masked Rider, it would be Masked Ranger
Instead of Ultraman it's Ultra-Ranger
Instead of Metal Heroes it's Metal Rangers
>>
>>15654000
Considering no other PR season was as popular as MMPR, that probably wouldn't have worked either. They did try to do something similar to that by introducing Dex in MMPR and didn't work either.

>>15653968
>kid-firendly is an issue as of itself
Opinion discarded.

>>15653862
>le Jurassic Park argument
>>
>>15654009
>Opinion discarded.
You are discarded.
>>
>>15653746
at what level would be power rangers with japanese dub?
>>
>ITT: No Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad
The ReBoot remake is practically the same premise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N34MmqmxqD0
>>
here where I live, it was a success (the dubbed jap version, not the american monstrosity)
>>
>>15654487
I only saw 2 episodes of this on VHS and I loved it.
>>
File: KRDK_Logo.png (234KB, 720x394px) Image search: [Google]
KRDK_Logo.png
234KB, 720x394px
>>
>>15654009
>le Jurassic Park argument
Dinosaurs were fucking huge before and after it friend.
>>
>>15654802
It had low ratings and appeal. Shame cause it was pretty decent. The last arc was pretty sloppy though. Felt like one of the older Heisei series.
>>
>>15654860
People loved cars yet turbo wasn't as sucessful. Dinosaur motif ar most helped a bit but it wasn't as defining as people here claim it was.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.