[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Thunderbolt S.2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: FUT0oOL.jpg (121KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
FUT0oOL.jpg
121KB, 1366x768px
What do you guys think of Gundam Thunderbolt Season 2?

I Think its unnecessary and isn't as good as the first season. I know its an adaptation of the manga, but i personally don't think they should have adapted that part of the manga at all, and should have left it at. And the Atlas GUndam is fucking OP.
>>
>>15650465
Quality seemed to drop on the 2nd season.
>>
I think it's a lot of fun.
>>
Theres definitely been quality drop in animation and story.
>>
>>15650465
It felt different and fresh
Something UC needed imo
But yeah Season 2 feels like its just a set up for future events
Season 1 is still better
>>
There's only one episode left though, right? Or did they confirm a third season?

I feel like things would have gone better if they had gone the December Sky route from the start. These 15-20 minute shorts followed by 5-6 minutes of freeform jazz once every couple of months really fuck with the pacing.
>>
>>15650718
i actually found out yesterday, that the creator of thunderbolt said in an interview, that ": It’s a bit off from the so-called “correct history,” but I did that on purpose [laugh]. I started off on the sidelines without much attention, which actually allowed some freedom as I wrote and I didn’t have to defend myself, so I decided to change what I wanted, and I think it was good that I could start that way. Being in that position is similar to how it was for the first Gundam, so I’ve been happy with it." in this interview https://otakumode.com/news/52fc76ef80cd488c6b00068f/Interview-with-Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Thunderbolt-Author-Yasuo-Ohtagaki-3-3 , so im not 100% sure if its canon to UC, or just has its own alternate universe
>>
I think it's mostly crap and I loved the first season. The pacing doesn't allow the story any room to breathe and they removed the important character development from the manga. It's like they are just trying to rush through it an give us some flashy MS battles.
>>
>>15650465
Question.

Why do they always play jazz music during fighting scenes?

Why jazz music at all?
>>
>>15650816
i think because they try to create a style for the series, thats different from most gundam series. i like that desu about thunderbolt
>>
File: page125.jpg (371KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page125.jpg
371KB, 847x1200px
>>15650816
Io is broadcasting jazz to announce his presence on the battlefield
>>
>>15650816
Characters are often associated with a theme. Io's theme is jazz because he likes jazz and it fits his personality etc. Having a distinct score is also just a big part of the presentation of the show since it is very visual/visceral... and in TB it works really well.

>>15650465
the first season of TB flowed so fucking well and was so concise, it's hard to match. it was like Guy Ritchie movie levels of flow imo. the arc S2 is based on is so slow and meandering, I wondered how they would pull it off.

desu, it just can't be as good as S1 but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try. and imo they are doing a very good job so far. TB is one of my favorite Gundam series ever so I don't care if it's not as good as S1, I just want them to make it anyway lol.
>>
I kinda wanna buy the kit and just rip those binders off and give it a different backpack...
>>
>>15651011
It's not very well suited for a backpack without some strong modifications.
>>
>>15651113
Didn't some of the Build Fighters weapon packs come with little bits you could slip onto the waist, so any kit could use backpacks? I have no idea how stable those were though.
>>
>>15650465
It's a unique sequel to a incredible show.

It would be hard to match up to the depressing and serious tone of the first season. So they decided, hey fuck it. Who needs depression when we have Space Budhists, an insane pilot matched together with an even more insane plot, and the best sound track of any Gundam show. We've had much worse sequel's and I'm okay if this sequel doesn't match up to the greatest Gundam show of all time.
>>
File: 1454837033464.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454837033464.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>15650718
>It felt different and fresh
>same old Feds vs Zeeks story except even more shouneny
>>
File: laugh.jpg (38KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
38KB, 600x448px
>>15651590
>and the best sound track of any Gundam show
>>
>>15650816
>Why jazz music at all?
Do you really need a reason to play jazz music?

>>15651590
I really enjoyed the Acguy segment. I previously described it as what happens when you try to get gamers to be stealthy in a shooting game. Everything that happened during that mission was a perfect train wreck.

S2 is a bit different, but even if it's not as great as the first season in some respects it's still very good. I enjoy the hell out of Thunderbolt, and I hope future Gundams follow its example rather than shows like Unicorn.
>>
>>15651627
>and I hope future Gundams follow its example
Yet another UC rehash with stupid shit? That's practically Unicorn
>>
>>15650465
>What do you guys think of Gundam Thunderbolt Season 2?
It's pretty retarded, but the revamped/alternative mobile suits and butt load of action and combat is good enough for me.
>>
>>15651613
Nigger I dare you to name a better soundtrack from a Gundam series. If you don't appreciate the beauty that is free jazz, you don't deserve to be in my prescencd.
>>
>>15651613
I came here to laugh at him/her
>>
>>15651632
>UC rehash
>Literally the most unique UC show next 08th Ms team

Seriously though, what would you want instead of thunderbolt? What do you want from the Gundam franchise?
>>
>>15651789
He wants more great AU Gundams like 00, Age, IBO, etc.
>>
>>15651789

Late UC? A follow-up to G Gundam? An AU that isn't discarded after one installment?

I'll take that over Zeon vs the Feds with some window dressing.
>>
>>15651796
>An AU that isn't discarded after one installment?
So SEED and IBO?

Why does it even have to be Gundam? Why not another mecha series made by Sunrise? This is the thing I don't understand about people clamoring for more Gundam shows, because you want a mecha that's Gundam but isn't. You want a show that is called Gundam, but isn't Gundam.
>>
>>15651796
You sound whiney.
>>
>>15651816

Not intentional, I assure you. Gundam has a lot of potential that it refuses to tap into.

>>15651812

And 00. Admittedly a touch of hyperbole, but IBO is only one show over two seasons and a single manga at the moment.

>Why does it even have to be Gundam?

In the interest of fairness, Gundam is the only mecha show that Sunrise even gives a shit about and the only one they can possibly hope to do that kind of stuff with and still hope to make a profit.
>>
>>15651825
>Gundam is the only mecha show that Sunrise even gives a shit about and the only one they can possibly hope to do that kind of stuff with and still hope to make a profit.
I don't think you realize just how many mecha shows Sunrise has made. If I said that Sunrise made every popular mecha show I would be closer to being correct than I would being wrong.

Most of the shows we discuss regularly on /m/ are made by Sunrise. That's how fucking wide spread they are. I can't even fathom an analogy to describe how absurdly wrong what you've just said is. I don't think it's fucking possible to come up with one that carries the weight of the silly bullshit you're trying to peddle right now.

>And 00
So we've god Seed, 00, and IBO. We'll throw in Build Fighters too. Wing technically didn't get a second season, but it's had continuations in one form or another. Enough that it's arguable.

So basically the only Gundam AUs I can think of that didn't get continuations are G Gundam and AGE, the latter of which shouldn't even have been made at all.

Of all of the shows I've listed, you can barely get people to admit that they like two of them around here, even before the board as a whole turned to a cesspool of shitposting because of how everybody just straight-up left after the last couple of years. And you want more.

Again, I think it's time for you and the like-minded individuals that congregate around this "we need AU" idea to take a moment to reflect on what that means. Again, what you want is a mecha show that's called Gundam, but isn't Gundam, but is LIKE Gundam.
>>
>>15651779
>Nigger I dare you to name a better soundtrack from a Gundam series
Unicorn
>>
>>15651850
He said better, Anon. Not a soundtrack written by a hack who can barely pull himself away from rewriting his own work for two tracks. One of the most overrated composers I've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>15651843

Sunrise has made a great many, yes, and only so many prove profitable.

Do we see news being bandied about regarding follow-ups to things like Buddy Complex, or Valvrave, or another Braves show, or another Votoms installment? We see Gundam, because amid the odd flash-in-the-pan single season shows it stands tall as Sunrise's mechanical mainstay, and one of the studio's flagship shows besides stuff like Keroro and Gintama.

I mean, sure, if they wanted to make no profit I suppose they could try making a show like some people on here want and not attach a name to it, but you'd be hard-pressed to find people who care. Like Argevollen.

>Again, what you want is a mecha show that's called Gundam, but isn't Gundam, but is LIKE Gundam.

That's rather presumptuous, considering all I said was 'I'd like an AU that receives actual focus and isn't left to gather dust', albeit not in as many words.
>>
>>15651862
>We see Gundam, because amid the odd flash-in-the-pan single season shows it stands tall as Sunrise's mechanical mainstay, and one of the studio's flagship shows besides stuff like Keroro and Gintama.

That's because of Gunpla, though.
The shows are just a very successful commercial for their toylines that have the Asian scale modeling market by the balls.
>>
>>15651862
>Do we see news being bandied about regarding follow-ups to things like Buddy Complex, or Valvrave, or another Votoms installment?
Yes. They're making a new season of one of their most popular non-Gundam mecha shows right fucking now. They made a second season of Valvrave, which was an example you provided using your piss poor judgement. So yes, they do make follow-ups to some of these shows in addition to regularly churning out new mecha shows.

>I mean sure, if they wanted to make no profit
You keep implying that Bamrise doesn't profit from these shows, and yet they keep making them, just like all the other anime studios keep making average shows that don't sell that well.

For something so unprofitable, it seems to have really caught on across the industry.

>That's rather presumptuous
It's not presumptuous, Anon. It follows. And again, Bamrise gives you all of these things, but yet you insist on coming here and whining about how they just won't give you what you want. It's just pitiful.
>>
>>15651885
>Yes. They're making a new season of one of their most popular non-Gundam mecha shows right fucking now.

Geass is basically the only mecha property Sunrise has right now that's even anywhere near as popular as Gundam, so.

>They made a second season

No shit. I mean presently, several years on, not what was advertised at the end of Valvrave's first season.

>>15651877

Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>15651923
>I mean presently, several years on,
Oh I'm sorry, your goal post was that you actually want Bamrise to manufacture a mega-franchise like Gundam out of a different series, apparently. I was going to make a snarky and aggressive bit in my previous post about you reaching for that bullshit, but I hoped you were smart enough to recognize why it would be a terrible idea to do so. Evidently I overestimated you in this regard.

Yes, clearly what Bamrise needs to do is force-feed people endless seasons of non-Gundam shows to create a new mega-property in a world where almost all of the big shows hail from before 2000 with some exceptions (see: idols and mediocre shounens.) Just in general, I appreciate that you think so highly of Sunrise that you believe that they can just force this shit on the world and make everybody love it. Fortunately, that's not the case.

>Geass is basically the only mecha property Sunrise has right now that's even anywhere near as popular as Gundam, so.
I feel like we're going full circle here, but I'm pretty sure this was already addressed and is not a hill you want to die on. That's just not true at all.
>>
File: 1479710862207.jpg (2MB, 1955x2792px)
1479710862207.jpg
2MB, 1955x2792px
>>15650769
>so im not 100% sure if its canon to UC, or just has its own alternate universe

That's okay, neither is Sunrise.

Best thing you can do is treat it like Endless Waltz; canon, but with artistic liberties out the ass.
>>
It's almost over and I feel like barely anything's happened yet.
>>
>>15651779
Turn A mothafoka!!!
>>
>>15652119
I didn't even bother watching the newest episode. Shits boring.
>Those acguys tho!!!!! OMG
>>
File: 1431633511515.png (373KB, 640x480px)
1431633511515.png
373KB, 640x480px
>Only two kits came from this season
Fucking Twilight Axis has more, they are shit but they still have 3 kits (Tristan,Zaku III and Byarlant) while Thunderbolt season 2 only has the Atlas and the Ground Gundam
>No Guncannon Aqua
>No Gogg
>No Psycomu Zaku
>No tacticool Acguy
>None of those South Sea Alliace MS like that Flying Gouf or Jim
>>
>>15650465
Did all the episodes drop yet?
>>
>>15652524
Final episode drops on July 14
>>
File: 1496959045890.png (349KB, 757x632px) Image search: [Google]
1496959045890.png
349KB, 757x632px
>>15651632
the "UC rehashes" are the best shit they make out of Gundam so yes, please bring more, and please less garbage AUs laser-targeted at 14 year olds and fujos
>>
>>15652552
>implying free form jazzdam isn't aimed at 14 year olds and fujos

Once you accept fujos are part of the mecha culture, your quality of living will skyrocket.
>>
>>15650465
Love the music, the rest not so much
>>
>>15651923
Geass is popular and more than certain specific Gundam series but it is a baby next to Gundam as a whole propery, which is a Behemoth of large size and weight. Don't compare the two.
>>
>>15652803
*property
>>
>>15651852
>Not a soundtrack written by a hack who can barely pull himself away from rewriting his own work for two tracks
He only started doing that after Unicorn which was his magnum opus hence why his new works essentially just reuse tracks from that.
>>
>>15652945
That's actually a good point. I forgot that Unicorn was Sawano's biggest project at the time. Fair enough.
>>
>>15652220
Are you sure you don't mean Zanny with that last one?
>>
is the OST out?
>>
>>15653465
Not officially, but there are a few YouTube videos that ripped the music

https://youtu.be/F1AAw-Pm0uM
My personal favorite
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.