[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Morrowind /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (275KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275KB, 1000x1000px
Is Morrowind /m/?
>>
Yes. Morrowind is sci-fantasy. There are multiple giant robots in the series.
>>
>>15648728
More than Iron Menstruation.
>>
>>15648856

I dont think ive ever seen a meme forced harder on /m/
>>
>>15648728
What the fuck? I decided to replay it recently. Are you spying on me?
And yes. it's /m/. They even had a space program and the empire itself was formed because a guy threatened everyone with a giant robot, which is basicly Ideon. When it is activated, the time-space begins to crumble and weird shit happens
>>
>>15648972
One of the games even takes place on a space station. Not to mention the time-traveling cyborgs.
>>
File: 1440459022020.png (16KB, 309x266px) Image search: [Google]
1440459022020.png
16KB, 309x266px
>>15648985
PRAISE REMAN.
>>
File: dwemer armor.jpg (159KB, 720x524px) Image search: [Google]
dwemer armor.jpg
159KB, 720x524px
>>15648728
If it has dwemer, it's /m/.
Their body armor details match with a Gelgoog/Galbaldy, the Numidiums are colossal robots, their various guards are all robots, You see tech schematics throughout their ruined buildings, the city underneath Mournhold even had a machine workshop and a device that can change the weather.
>>
>>15649052
The End of Elvengelion.
>>
>>15649059
that's what happened to the dwemer
numidium initiated third impact and they all got tanged
>>
File: Numidiumwallconceptart.jpg (279KB, 1309x1383px) Image search: [Google]
Numidiumwallconceptart.jpg
279KB, 1309x1383px
>>15648972
Funny enough, I was doing another playthrough of Skyrim's main quest yesterday and I was looking at Alduin's Wall and I only just noticed the Numidium was actually on it.

Granted, the actual texture on the wall in-game was kind of hard to make out.
>>
>>15649076
Then Landfall happened. Luckily, the Nerevarine came back piloting his own Numidium to fight the other one.

>>15649083
You notice that now? The wall also includes the Oblivion Crisis and the eruption of Red Mountain.
>>
>>15649097
>The Nerevarine came back piloting his own Numidium
Akulakhan, the bio-mechanical blight god-bot.

He loses.
>>
File: 2638-4-1478205090.jpg (886KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2638-4-1478205090.jpg
886KB, 1920x1080px
>>15649097
I've known about the latter two, but never the Numidium. Usually the only times I've looked at Alduin's Wall was in-game, and until I installed a mod to up the textures it never actually stood out enough for me to notice it.

Pic is wall with regular textures.
>>
File: 32635-1-1362192553.jpg (967KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
32635-1-1362192553.jpg
967KB, 1920x1080px
>>15649137
Compared to the higher res texture.
>>
>>15648985
Battlespire, right? I'm blanking on the terminators, though.
>>
>>15649152
Correct. Pelinal is the Terminator (+ Gilgamesh, is how the author described him). Then there's Kinmune.
>>
>>15649171
Huh, I thought I had a decent grasp on the series but I've never even heard of those.
>>
>>15649181
Read the in-game books, it's all there.
>>
>>15649171
>that one chapter where Pelinal's fuckboy gets killed by the elves and the divines themselves have to physically manifest to stop him from destroying the planet
>>
>>15649250
But not until Al-Esh sent them a letter asking them to with the "'i's dotted with hearts".
>>
>>15649186
Only Pelinal. For KINMUNE, he'll have to visit the Imperial Library site. I wouldn't bother though; it's kind of retarded.
>>
>>15649250
>>15649171
>>15648985
This series has such batshit insane lore to it
>>
>>15649290
The Elder Scrolls probably has the most unique lore of any fantasy series that I've come across. I usually don't like fantasy very much and vastly prefer sci-fi, but I love TES.
>>
>>15649097
>Luckily, the Nerevarine came back piloting his own Numidium to fight the other one.

Oh my god, whaaaaat. I don't exactly understand why, but the mental image of this is making my dick extremely erect.
>>
>>15649830
Because it's basically the scene in so many /m/ shows where the bad guy shows up and caves everyone's assholes in, only for the hero shows up in a comparable suit.

Except this time they suits are divine steampunk automatons.....

So, like Escaflowne and Big O had a baby.
>>
I fucking LOVE PELINAL WHITESTRAKE.
>>
File: 1390628339756.jpg (521KB, 958x1257px) Image search: [Google]
1390628339756.jpg
521KB, 958x1257px
Moths=Best Space Ships
>>
>>15649290
The best part about it is that while there is a sort of vagueish outline of everything, every race has there own sort of version of the events and how creation happened.

But yeah, a pair of super beings did a magic sex dance that created everything, and of all the super beings they made the trikest one tricked the others into creating a mortal plane which ended up draining a bunch of their power and trapping them in it, and the ones who didn't help or escaped occasionally stick their finger in to fuck with the mortals for fun and power. Also it may have all been part of a grand scheme to help give them an idea of how to acsend to an even higher plane of existence by creating a sort of smaller model of their own existance so they could understand what its like to stand outside of it.
>>
File: 1332994395.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1332994395.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>15650730
>retconned because bethesda wants only babbies playing TES
>>
>>15648999
>PRAISE REMAN.
This.

I don't understand why we have Talos crammed down our throat when he wasn't even the first guy to unify Tamriel. I guess his empire was bigger than Reman's but still, his empire also lasted a lot less than the two previous ones before him.
>>
>>15650810
Because Talos achieved godhood.
>>
>>15650819
And that's my problem with TES lore. When you read the achievements of pre-septim empires, you don't find Talos that great anymore, even if he achieved godhood.

I don't know why the Reman and Alessian Empires were written in anyway. They kinda undermine Talos as a central part of the lore.

Not to mention the previous mer empires make his achievements even more worthless.
>>
>>15649076
Or just plain erased from existance without the whole thrust outside of existance and failing to retain individuality. One of the two depending on who it was that actually managed to use it.
>>
>>15650844
That's because Talos didn't achieve godhood through his achievements, he used a machine powered by part of a dead gods soul to do it by force. But he did achieve godhood, which is the important bit so he gets hyped up in the setting by the people. The others did greater things in their lifetime without the use of the Numidium, but were still just mortals in the end.
>>
File: this got a lot of reposts.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
this got a lot of reposts.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>15648903
Not even this?
>>
>>15650880
>this is currently the most reposted image on /m/ even beating the purge space rats macro
>>
So how exactly did Talos achieve godhood? I know he used the Numidium, but did he achieve Chim or did he usurp Lorkan's empty seat as technically the ninth divine?
>>
>>15650923
Probably did something ridiculous. We know from sheogorath/oblivion's player character that people can become gods. Assuming you count daedric princes as gods. My complete speculation is he died went to Sovngarde and Shor had some plan to make him a god
>>
File: chim.jpg (97KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
chim.jpg
97KB, 637x358px
>>15650923
He achieved CHIM, it's why Cyrodiil isn't a massive Jungle anymore IIRC.
>>
>>15649097
>Luckily, the Nerevarine came back piloting his own Numidium to fight the other one.

Wait a moment.

Are you talking about Nerevar himself or the player character in TES:III?
I don't remember either ever getting their own Numidium.
>>
>>15651086
I prefer the usurpation theory, especially as Talos is often depicted (In skyrim at least) as standing over and killing a searpent, which is the symbol of Lorkan.
>>
>>15651106
Not him but the player Character, also not the Numidium, but the Akulakhan, the one Dagoth Ur was making.
>>
>>15650871
And that's what bugs me.

I feel the godhood achievement is undeserved.
Should people worship a human who's ascended to godhood with mere trickery, or a human who's ascended to godhood by being the best human being to have ever lived? I would have preffered the latter if I was part of the lore writers.

People say that the tiber septim dynasty was the pinnacle of empires, but if you've read the shit that went down, it's not a pretty picture, not to mention it was also the most short lived human empire.
>>
>>15651179
*preferred
>>
>>15651164

But the player character destroys it by striking the heart with Keening and Sunder.
>>
>>15651086
This has been retconned by ESO considering that Cyrodil in that looks just like Oblivion's, and new game lore will always hold more weight than the in game books.
>>
>>15651207
Still shows up with it in C0DA and is controlling it.
>>
>>15649830
>>15651106
http://lagbt.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=C0DA:Landfall:_Day_One
>>
>>15651214
He changed it thoughout time. It is/was a jungle and is/isn't at the same time. At least that's how I've heard people who know the lore allot better than me put it (Imperial Library, a few lore threads that I've seen on /tg/ before etc. take it as you will). CHIM is a level of bullshit beyond usual bullshit,
>>
>>15651179
In the setting the whole "Used the Numidium to force his way into godhood" thing isn't well known and is considered heresy. People think he was divine-ish from the start and used himself to power the Numidium, and when he died the divines themselves raised him as the ninth.
>>
>>15651230
From what I understand, the Numidium creates "Dragon Breaks" which are kind of like magical time line splits and retcons to achieve a specific effect in the present.

During a dragon break, whatever change you are using it for basically creates new timelines that exist alongside each other and the old timeline at the same time and all the events in both technically happened even if they're contradictory, but the new one generally takes priority over the old one and most people begin to forget the old one ever happened.

Thats why there's all sorts of contradictory accounts over things like how the dwemer disappeared during the battle of red mountain and the stuff Tiber Septum got up to once he acquired the numidium. Books and records of all the different versions exist because they all technically happened as impossible as it is.
>>
>>15651266
Here's how I look at. Talos is the player character for a game we never got. The splits and inconsistencies are just the different route chooses.
>>
>>15651230
>>15651266
The thing with dragon breaks is that its existence was solely to provide an explanation for the alternate endings in Daggerfall.

Fans are just trying too hard to work around the lore mistakes that Bethesda and Zenimax made and make sure everything fits perfectly.

Let's be fair, this is /v/ autism. I don't understand why people has to go these lengths to try and correct mistakes made by the developers. I prefer Japan's take on canon and lore. They're much more lax and don't pay that much attention to details like these.

There exists several versions of the 0079 story, and that's perfectly fine. Zeta movies doesn't make ZZ not canon. You can have multiple origin stories of the same character.

Even western comic books do this. I wonder why gamers are less accepting of those kind of ideas.
>>
>>15651287
Because we're so much better with the idiocy of turn A time line threads.
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (28KB, 418x470px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
28KB, 418x470px
>/m/ has better TES threads than /v/ and /vg/
>>
>>15651266
Not exactly. During a Dragon Break time stops being linear, so, past, present, future, and every timeline that is or can be happen at the same time. When the poor dragon gets better things go back to normal, but some of the different possibilities end up happening at the same time in some way. That's the Miracle of Peace/Warp in the West: all the endings of Daggerfall happened, and people know it.
>>
>>15651298
Every board has better off topic discussions than the dedicated boards for said discussion. This is common knowledge.
>>
>>15651266
That's pretty much how I understand it and see it.

>>15651287
Yeah it is done pretty much to get around lore mistakes, but allot of people don't say it all fits perfectly hell there's plenty of contradicting stuff in and out of the games, and it's as far as I've seen done that way intentionally, which is one of the things I like about ES.

Most fans don't care too much about solid canon, so much as people just like discussing the ideas and possibilities, from my experience and what I've seen at least.
>>
>>15651308

/m/ being a dead-ass slow board helps.
>>
>>15651237
In Daggerfall there was a god that occupied the stuff that Talos now represents, so I think he used the Dragon Break to retcon himself into that god's spot, which is why he never gets mentioned again.
>>
>>15651214
>>15651230
Going to add to this, of course the whole Talos/Tiber Septim doing it thing could just be imperial bullshit, and it could of been done like another account says and it could of been the White Gold Tower responding to the fact that Human's, now no longer slaves of the Alyieds originated in more temperate climates, and it basically responded in kind and changed it.

Of course the real reason is just because they couldn't render it at the time, they put in some possible excuses as to why it happened and just left it at that. Hence why Morrowind Characters still refer to it as a jungle either way.
>>
>>15650809
When did they do that? How could you even retcon something that didn't have any significance to the actual games?
>>
And here I thought TES was just standard high fantasy. Clearly, I was wrong as shit and I don't mind one bit.
>>
>>15651318
>>15651287
It was done to merge alternate endings to Daggerfall into a single history, sure, but Dragon Break has always been official lore and is completely integrated into the metaphysics of world. The reason it's so popular and well received, aside from the fact that it's as tongue in cheek and creative, was that many interesting lore and history has been derived based on this concept. It's the perfect mechanism for allowing a certain amount of flexibility in the franchise's mythos while keeping a central narrative linear enough for you to say what lore is more or less plausible than others.
>>
>>15651400
The only peoples that are high on fantasy are the Elvmers of Extravagant Splendor and the Khat People of Warm Sands.
>>
>>15651400
Elder scrolls is weird as shit at times and there basically isn't one true lore thanks to things like the dragon breaks mentioned above as a sort of in universe reasoning for the meta reason of retcons and alternative endings and playthroughs as well as most of the lore being provided in the form of dialogue and books from different viewpoints as well as the different creation myths and religions of all the different races.

And if the rumors about Star Field are true it's about to get even more tangled up.
>>
>>15651480
>And if the rumors about Star Field are true it's about to get even more tangled up.
I pray they aren't. Connecting the Fallout and TES universes sounds retarded.
>>
>>15651575
Just you fucking wait.
>BETHESDA
>CINEMATIC
>UNIVERSE
>>
>>15651595
Prepare your anus for SKYRIM, THE M USICAL.
>>
File: Dr.Howard.png (822KB, 998x852px) Image search: [Google]
Dr.Howard.png
822KB, 998x852px
Yes, you all will buy my brilliant games, or you all will face the wrath of my 8 deadly robot masters. Elder Scrolls Man, Doom Man, Dishonored Man, Fallout Man, Wet Woman, Wolfenstein Man, The Evil Within Man, and Prey Man!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
File: azura.jpg (256KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
azura.jpg
256KB, 1000x1000px
>>15651595
>Azura, the eternally vindictive super cunt, caused the Sino American War go nuclear in 2077.
At last I truly see, Todd Howard.
>>
>>15651595
>>15652612
No no no.

You see, in the later period of Fallout the prolonged exposure to radiation causes humanity to dip to a staggeringly-low population count. In an unexpected turn of events, a combination of alien fuckery and multi-generational radiation exposure causes bizarre mutations to occur in select humans, resulting in extraordinarily lucky children to exhibit special powers.

Those individuals would later spawn godlike beings that were capable of accessing strange and previously-unknown energies. They became indistinguishable from gods.

You see Anon, the gods didn't start the war; the war started the gods.

Now you might be tempted to say, "But Anon, THAT'S RETARDED!" Let me remind you sir, before you whip out your bullshitting keyboard, that this is Bethesda we're talking about. They've probably canonized far stupider shit than what I just wrote.
>>
>tfw no TES game that actually does anything with all this crazy lore
Though considering the state of modern Bethesda that might be a good thing
>>
>>15651875
Dude I would legit be ok with at least half of those blending together into a multiversal clusterfuck.

Just as long as TEW doesn't bring the RAGE engine with it this time.
>>
>>15651179
Thalmor get off my board
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: index-cc.jpg (56KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
index-cc.jpg
56KB, 500x750px
>the Elders Scrolls VI
>after the battle between the Titans and AEUG--
>--I mean the Thalmor and Stormcloakcs
>the Nerevarine returns in the Numidium Mk. II from Morrowind, aims to drop an asteroid on to Nirn to end the constant conflict
>be the Dragonborn, and fall into the cockpit of the originial Numidium
>THE NU MIDIUM ISN'T JUST FOR SHOW!!!
>final battle involves hella fucking punching and funnels
>"SIR THE PHYSICS ENGINE GLITCHED AND THE ASTEROID IS MOVING AWAY FROM NIRN!!!"
>>
>>15655702
>"So this is the power of 1000 bottles of Skooma...not bad."
>>
>>15656023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRTUReLBWHA

Trans-am?
>>
>>15656023
>>15656142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08I4UCKsA8E
>>
>>15655702
Half of what you described happened already, just in reverse. Vivec used his magic to stop a meteor, but when he disappeared so did his magic and it continued and blew up Vvardenfell and Red Mountain erupted. Then the Argonians invaded southern Morrowind, so I guess the Dunmer can't fight anymore.
>>
>>15655702
>>"SIR THE PHYSICS ENGINE GLITCHED AND THE ASTEROID IS MOVING AWAY FROM NIRN!!!"
Just wait until the Unofficial Manga to fix the inconsistencies. Only for 2000 Bamco credits!

>>15656142
>>15656144
Skooma, not even once.
>>
>>15651237
Well the real barenziah is common reading, and in that he knocks up the elf queen and then poisons her so she has a miscarriage
>>
>>15650880
yes
>>
Why is it so great
>>
>>15656209
>and blew up Vvardenfell and Red Mountain erupted.

And Winterhold got fucked.
>>
>>15655702
>Stormcloaks
>>
>>15656209
Technically it was never stopped just falling in place for centuries hence why it hit so hard.
>>
>>15651875
Does this mean we're playing as Quake Man?
Is Quake /m/? I know the newer Wolfenstein games are /m/ as fuck
>>
>>15661589
I forget if Quake 1 has anything to qualify, but there's plenty of /m/ bits in Q2.
>>
File: 0096.jpg (114KB, 380x500px) Image search: [Google]
0096.jpg
114KB, 380x500px
>>15655702
>The DLC includes the conclusion after the events of Elder Scrolls VI starring a certain princess that Nerevarine once served
>The remnants of Thalmor called the "Sleeves" are starting to make a move looking of the "Heart of Lorkhan" that forms the First Era
>The leader of Sleeves, declare himself as the successor of Nerevarine.
>A young Imperial discovers that his father hid the prototype of Numidium Unicorn, as a key to reveal Heart of Lorkhan.
>SInce then the young boy has been pursued over and over by Empire and Thalmor Remnants alike, doing some treasure hunting looking for the Heart of Lorkhan itself.
>>
>>15661467
i mean what's exactly Nerevarine doing on the Stormcloaks for a while?
>>
>>15664211
Isn't the Nerevarine in Akaviri
>>
>>15664211
The Nerevarine fucked off somewhere after III, didn't he?
>>
>>15661122
>And Winterhold got fucked.
Noone cares about "muh Talos" snow-niggers.
>>
>>15664247
he's in Akaviri last I checked
>>
File: talos rules.jpg (259KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
talos rules.jpg
259KB, 1366x768px
>>15664260
You picked a bad time to get lost, friend.
>>
File: Mud_Crab.jpg (211KB, 1025x768px) Image search: [Google]
Mud_Crab.jpg
211KB, 1025x768px
>>15664275
Bitch, please. I've seen mudcrabs more fiercesome than you.
>>
File: mm.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>15664277
How dry I am... how dry I am... how dry I am... how dry I am...' SHAY! Hi. There. Lesh make a deal. I got... stuff. Lots. Here. See?
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.