[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IGPX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 20

What is the consensus on Cartoon Network/Production IG's IGPX? Personally, this opened up my love for the media genre, as different as it turned out to be.
>>
>>15647286
I remember IGPX having some pretty fun moments. Female characters were also pretty fucking top tier.

Also serves as a great reminder that some studios just plain suck at using CGI, because IGPX was made back in 2002/2003.
>>
>>15647286
i like how best girl won
>>
File: 600.jpg (50KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
600.jpg
50KB, 600x347px
>>15647319
IG/CN knew what the people wanted. Truly patrician taste.
>>
>>15647290
It's so bizarre and shows that CGI is only used to cut costs, not actually look good for the show.
>>
>>15647286
I remember hating this show and finding it excessively boring.
>>
I wonder if anybody here got the Discotek release, it should supposedly have both music soundtrack versions.
>>
>>15647776
First time i saw it i felt like that. Then i came vack to it and it was a lot better.
>>
>>15647286

I love IGPX. The show took advantage of the CGI to make some great fights. Also one of those shows where the dub is arguably better. Not sure if I like the Toonami or DVD version of the soundtrack, though. Some songs are completely different.
>>
>>15647286
I've never seen it, but I do like the premise.
>>
File: 8 - fantine opens.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
8 - fantine opens.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>15647286
I fuckin love IGPX, dude.
>>
>>15647286
Does anyone care to explain what the deal was with that weird prototype version that was straight-up gladiatorial combat? I was really confused as a kid when the adverts for it disappeared from the face of the earth only to be replaced about a year later with a racing show
>>
File: mpc-hc64_2017-04-27_15-42-02.png (245KB, 415x297px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64_2017-04-27_15-42-02.png
245KB, 415x297px
>>15648508
From the one con panel they spoke about it, they gave a non-answer, but it seemed to hint at CN not wanting guns in their show because the guy said CN wanted the show to be "for kids" multiple times. That's just what I assume, we don't have a concrete answer at all.
That panel also explained that this dude right here, the bro hotdog vendor, is how he is (ripped and eyepatch (also voiced by Jason DeMarco, co-founder of toonami in the dub)) because that's how IG assumed New York hotdog vendors looked like.
>>
>>15648530
Man, that's weird. Then again, even older Snake Plissken-types need to make ends meet.

I was excited for the early version of IGPX - it looked great, and I liked the character designs. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, and the shift to racing irritated me at first, although I eventually warmed up to it.
>>
>>15648530
>that's how IG assumed New York hotdog vendors looked like.
I want an OVA of hotdog vendors being a secret mercenary squad who get called to do jobs out of their carts.
>>
>>15647286
Can anyone upload it to mega? Only torrents I've found are either dead or hard subbed in French.
>>
>>15648556
>Snake Plissken-types need to make ends meet.
That guy was probably a Marine or worked on a destroyer in the Navy and lost his eye in combat or a terrible accident. Always wanted to run a hot dog stand in New York. Just wants to bring hot dogs to the masses and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the streets of future New York.
>>
>>15648675
It's all on youtube, dude
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5B7DDF0556A9D074
(don't know what the last 3 videos are, there were only 5 episodes of the microseries)
>>
File: 3 - speedmode.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
3 - speedmode.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>
File: velshtein satomi start.webm (3MB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
velshtein satomi start.webm
3MB, 638x360px
>>
>>15648508
I fucking loved the microseries as a kid and I was so upset when the actual show turned out to be a racing show. I appreciated IGPX the series more when Toonamiswim re-aired it though.
>>
File: IGPX teams season 1.jpg (870KB, 822x744px) Image search: [Google]
IGPX teams season 1.jpg
870KB, 822x744px
>>15647286
Decent, clearly a cult following because the original broadcast of IGPX didn't even finish on Toonami and it was put into the Friday midnight death slot to finish its run.

Some of the races were hard fought and well done, more than a few seemed like asspulls that Team Satomi were able to win with a single attack.
Lance Henriksen as Andrea was the best.

Personally, I'm more interested if anyone has compiled the soundtrack to both the Toonami and Japanese versions. I know a lot of the songs from the Toonami version are floating around on Youtube, but the Japanese version is another level.

Not to say that the Toonami version didn't hit the right note perfectly on more than one occasion like the first part of the Black Egg race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL4eDvMaJyI
>>
File: songs.png (745KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
songs.png
745KB, 853x480px
>>15649596
>Personally, I'm more interested if anyone has compiled the soundtrack to both the Toonami and Japanese versions
Dude, I've looked and asked around. Apparently, what the deal with the good orchestral soundtracks, (pic related, from the end credits of episode 12), those are commercial-use music directly from Ninja Tune and not available for public use. All the snazzy and chill tunes (like "Auto" by Hexstatic in that image) are often on youtube, but the big good exciting tracks (like "valiant" in the pic) are lost unless you can convince Ninja Tune to give you them.
>>
>>15649659
I wouldn't be shocked if they just used 'public' music that they just pay an upfront fee to be able to use it for the show. What really sucks is the artist might not be allowed to release the music because the company they worked for has ownership of it.

I found that out the hard way on more than one occasion in trying to track down soundtracks that never got released publicly.
>>
File: IGPX Arm Wrestling.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
IGPX Arm Wrestling.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>15649674
according to the guy who runs the igpx fansite, "those songs are used throughout the series, and are from the Ninja Tune label directly, not any particular artist. The songs are licensed to companies as BGM (usually for commercials and trailers) and cannot be purchased by individuals."
>>
How did CGI anime go from this to Berserk?
>>
>>15647286
is this series related to GPX Cyber Formula?
>>
>>15650822
GPX stands for "Grand Prix" so really only the futuristic racing setting is the same.
>>
Watching IGPX made me wish more series did "Racing anime, but with Mecha" shows. Woolf Enneacle talking about MS Racing being a thing in Gundam AGE just exacerbated the desire for me.

DAMMIT, I JUST WANT A NEW SPEED RACER ROBOT ANIME, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?
>>
Personally prefer the mecha designs in the micro series over the tv series. Mostly likely because the microseries didn't use cgi.
The microseries had one of the most badass promos on toonami:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT8L0Vxi4Es
>>
>>
I don't know why but the first thing I thought of was the miniseries
>>
File: Liz and Takashi kiss.png (213KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Liz and Takashi kiss.png
213KB, 853x480px
>>15647319
>>15647327
>>
>>
File: 4SlTOJX.gif (2MB, 436x335px) Image search: [Google]
4SlTOJX.gif
2MB, 436x335px
>>15649416
>speed mode is just the robot turning into a fucking car

I don't what I expected
>>
File: 1267224573205.jpg (114KB, 297x444px) Image search: [Google]
1267224573205.jpg
114KB, 297x444px
>>15649722
Sound about right. I remember for years trying to track down the song used for this trailer since it wasn't in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08p_oFvJJI

I found it Nintendo just bought the rights to use the song for the trailer from a recording studio that does what you described and to download the song, (and also have the right to use it for any of your works.) You had to pay like a hundred or two hundred dollars for it. And i was to tightwaded for that.

>>15657014
Speed mode has the mech lowering their profile to reduce wind resistance.
What did you expect?
>>
>>15647286
>What is the consensus on Cartoon Network/Production IG's IGPX?
It's shit trash.
>>
File: operation snowman 1.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
operation snowman 1.webm
3MB, 852x480px
This finale was something else, too
>>
My show for happy, sunshiny days. Ignored it when I was a kid, revisited it as an adult a few years back and was bummed that I didn't give it a fairer chance as a kid. Love all the characters, and because it was a co-production between Production IG and Toonami, they were able to put together and incredibly quality dub. Probably one of the best dubs I've had the pleasure of watching.
>>
File: operation snowman 2.webm (3MB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
operation snowman 2.webm
3MB, 638x360px
>>15661724
>>
I remember sinking hours into the videogame when I was a kid. I think I might give it a go just for old times sake. Was it any good?
>>
>>15655454
That thing always freaks me out with it's ending. Seemed like it was going somewhere, but didn't cash in. But hey it was just a pilot.
>>
>>15647286
Only cn robot show to do well.
>>
This was the series that literally sank Toonami. They put a huge budget into IGPX and it was a bomb in both rating and toy sales. After that Toonami was never the same.
>>
>>15665710
>it was a bomb in both rating and toy sales
1) What toys?
2) I'm pretty sure the ratings were pretty good. not 10/10, but pretty good.

It's okay to say "I didn't like this," dude.
>>
>>15665689
Megas was doing great until CN said "shut it down" because they couldn't make toys out of it.
>>
>>15666113
don't you mean Symbionic Titan?
>>
>>15665735
Ratings were bad enough that it was kicked off Toonami and relegated to the Friday night 'death slot', before it even finished its original run. If you want proof, Toonami was even nice enough to get Steve Blum to announce IGPX was disavowed.

http://dl.toonamiarsenal.com/download.php?site=tda&fid=001298
>>
>>15666351
Holy shit I don't remember this at all
>>
>>15648508
>>15648530
>>15649506
I knew I wasn't crazy! All I remember is playing some turn-based strategy game on the CN website.
>>
>>15663962
>Was it any good?
No idea, there's no roms or anything out there, so I recently got it and I'll get back to you on that when it arrives.
>>
File: Sledgemama Midfield.jpg (329KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sledgemama Midfield.jpg
329KB, 1024x768px
What I find neat is how some of the mech designs look completely dumb when stationary, but looks super cool in motion. Is that a normal thing?
>>
>>15666140
It happened with Megas before Symbionic Titan. CN execs are pieces of shit when it comes to shows. Nowadays, if it doesn't sell toys like Ben 10 or is as cheap as Teen Titans Go!, then your head is on the chopping block eventually.
>>
>>15650800
the industry abused their CGI rights.
>>
>>15668608
>Nowadays
No one sells toys anymore. The market shrank considerably.

Now CN spends more time canceling shows because the audience is too different from the one they wanted.
>>
>>15647319
>>15647327
>>15655459
>Brown Tomboy win the MC bowl
This never happens again
>>
>>15668608
That's how EVERY show has functioned that's aimed at kids after Reagan deregulated children shows in the 1980s. They're meant to be 24 minute commercials for the toys. It's the real reason why SWAT Kats was cancelled even though it was insanely popular. Some mid level exec at Turner saw the Toyline was falling behind schedule so he unilaterally axed it.

Then again, anime is the same way, they're meant to advertise the LNs or Manga they're based off of or to sell models and other stuff.

It's a vicious and inescapable cycle where ratings alone won't carry you on TV if you're a cartoon.
>>
>>15663962
>>15666719
So, it came in the mail, but I can't find my ps2. I kinda want to rip it to get a rom out there, but I don't know how.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.