[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G-Saviour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 20130107164138.jpg (309KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
20130107164138.jpg
309KB, 500x681px
I initially hated G-Saviour upon seeing it 10 years ago but over time, after seeing other Gundam series, I’ve come to enjoy it enough to say it’s one of my favourite parts of UC altogether. I can watch it despite its faults but there are changes I would have made to the film. These I have put down in a complete wishlist that won’t happen but are my thoughts regardless:

- More emphasis on technical detail though what we got is still satisfying (the G-Saviour releasing its arm armour to free itself from the solar panel mesh). The designs for G-Saviour are very detailed (the amount of auxiliary thrusters most of the suits have access to, the I-Saviour’s ball joint mid-section, the Bugu’s giant hatchet hidden in its shield) so it would have been cool to see these things utilised better.

- A rewrite of the romance between Cynthia and Mark (though at the same time I think this was not unlike an animated Gundam romance). This would have been more believable as something mutual instead of Mark deciding he was no longer with Mimi at the drop of a hat.

- A transitionary battle sequence between the events on Side 4 and the events on Side 8. Considering the promotional trailer (see G-Saviour Full Weapon) depicts this, this could be easily situated as the Congressional Armed Forces pursuing Mark and co to Side 4 and Mark deciding to pilot the G-Saviour earlier in the film to fight back. This would have made for screen time for the G-Saviour Terrain Mode and also the Terrain Hover Mode. As seen in Full Weapon also, the battle continues outside the colony which means more screen time for the G-Saviour Space Mode and the Bugu units. This sequence also includes the earliest appearance of the I-Saviour. The “space garbage clearance” scene would be kept intact as I like how this shows MS as a tool and not just a weapon.

- Most of the one-liners are fine under Mark's delivery but I would have removed General Garneau’s concubine simply because it’s too comedic.
>>
File: img_9.jpg (109KB, 562x422px) Image search: [Google]
img_9.jpg
109KB, 562x422px
[Continued]

Other than that I like this movie, it’s fine for a TV production made in 1999 and looks very much like a product of its time. The CGI isn’t nearly as horrible as everyone says it is and has the benefit of mostly using muted colours and keeping the composites with live-action actors to a minimum. I understand there was little communication between Sunrise and the production company, which was probably a factor in why the film turned out how it did. Another issue is how I don’t think this was ever originally intended to be released back in the west as the preceding radio drama (which provides some background to events and characters in the film) and promotional PS2 game were exclusive to Japan, meanwhile the US promotion of the film was a footnote at best.

As questionable as the mobile suit technology is by the time of G-Saviour, I quite like how the suits are minimal and fairly streamlined. Considering this takes place so far into the UC timeline, it makes sense to me that, with the evolution (or devolution) of the EFF as the main governing power, there is less immediate need for suits with complex load-outs. By the time the game takes place, which is the winter of 223, all the Congressional mobile suits are equipped with either beam rifles or the beam-rifle-and-sabre-in-one variant with some details indicating modular designs and quickly-produced upgrades.
>>
G saviour appreciation thread now?
>>
>>15643738
Better than felcher gundam somehow
>>
File: G-Saviour.png (172KB, 490x760px) Image search: [Google]
G-Saviour.png
172KB, 490x760px
>>
Given current state of stagnation, I would definitely see an improved G-Saviour
>>
>>15645189

There's enough story across the three audio dramas, the movie/novelisation and the game for it to be an animated series or a manga at the very least.

If that was ever the case, I'd hope they'd keep the same designs as they appeared 17 years ago.
>>
>>15645479
I could swear they did do a manga for G-Saviour
>>
>>15645484

There was a three chapter promotional manga for the game but this has been released in a collected form, it leads up to the second level of the game. It was released in a gaming anthology or magazine.
>>
>>15645503

hasn't*
>>
File: G-Saviour_Manga.jpg (464KB, 800x1174px) Image search: [Google]
G-Saviour_Manga.jpg
464KB, 800x1174px
Just to indicate.

Here's a page from the manga for the game.
>>
File: G-Saviour_(Novel)_04.jpg (653KB, 1200x1724px) Image search: [Google]
G-Saviour_(Novel)_04.jpg
653KB, 1200x1724px
This is a collection of illustrations from the novels. The artist made the designs of the characters as close to the original actors as possible.

Those fucking chins though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.