[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

08th MS Team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (234KB, 545x673px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
234KB, 545x673px
Finishing this up now. Can someone tell me why /m/'s chart claims this is one of the best Gundam OVAs? Don't get me wrong, it's aesthetically pretty damn good with a tone that at least tries to lean on realism. With that being said, it's plot ranges from average to just outright shit too often. I won't harp too much on the second half going tits up because I was warned. Presentation was top fucking notch for Gundam fans and it had me wishing it was a full length series at times.

How do you guys generally regard the OVA?
>>
It is shit for me, visuals do not make this fun to me.

Also, I've seen other better gundams with the same feeling.
>>
>>15641113
It gets away from all the newtype bull shit

for a while, because it goes back to craziness
>>
>>15641113
>it's aesthetically pretty damn good with a tone that at least tries to lean on realism

you answered your question OP
>>
>>15641113
OP here. Correction, the chart does NOT claim it's one of the best Gundam OVAs.
>>
>>15641113
I liked it. Not the best thing out there, but a fun ride while it lasted.
>>
File: gundam-08th-ms-team-gouf-custom.jpg (37KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-08th-ms-team-gouf-custom.jpg
37KB, 450x333px
>>15641113
>Don't get me wrong, it's aesthetically pretty damn good with a tone that at least tries to lean on realism.

That's about it. It's like 0083. Not the best story, but very nice to watch. Also tons of points for the Norris fight.
>>
File: GifCustom.gif (1010KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
GifCustom.gif
1010KB, 500x375px
>>15641545
You're goddamn right.
>>
>>15641551
So what was that? oil?
>>
File: norris.gif (974KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
norris.gif
974KB, 500x347px
Superior to 0083 and dare I say War in a Pocket. Looking at the men in trenches with all their faults and glories is something that traditional gundam typically lacks.
>>
File: image.gif (981KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
981KB, 500x375px
Why was this episode so perfect compared to the rest of the series?
>>
Disregard any charts completely, they only exist to indoctrinate retards into shitposting the same opinions all the time
>>
>>15641113

Its got some alright ideas, the fights outside of the Norris fights are ok but really forgettable. I'd rather have Norris in a Ground Gelgoog than Spider Zaku
>>
>>15641580
Member that time when Shiro dodged 4 bullets from a Zaku's 120mm gun while standing 20 meters away from the muzzle?

bs aside, it was a neat episode, the beam rifle was cool
>>
File: 1423443724872.gif (2MB, 270x203px) Image search: [Google]
1423443724872.gif
2MB, 270x203px
>>15641598
I wouldn't go that far.
>>
It's really not that good, I would say it's the weakest entry in the UC.
It doesn't have anything going on for it other that the good animation and fight with Norris (which is only one episode).
The story is really predictable, and the characterisation is really simplistic, just look at Shiro, the blandest UC protag.
Also, man, all those anime tropes.
Some people say that its realistic although it's not, since Shiro defeats a Zaku with a ball or how he always gets away without a scratch, that's almost Kira Yamato level of realism.
>>
>>15641551
>>15641561
why is there so much black engine grease in something that's fueled by a nuclear reactor?
>>
>>15642487
Joints and other parts need to be oiled and lubricated to avoid excessive friction. I mean, that is my guess, my knowledge in real mechanics is less than basic.
>>
>>15641113
It's Vietnam Gundam, and in terms of Military accuracy (as far as that goes in a Mecha series) one of the best in showing both the combat and logistical side of things.
>>
>>15642524
Prob a shit ton of high pressure hydraulics all over the place.
>>
>>15641564
>Superior to 0083 and dare I say War in a Pocket.
LOL
>>
>>15641113
0083>0080>08th
>>
File: SunQuan1.gif (93KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
SunQuan1.gif
93KB, 150x150px
>>15641598
>Spider Zaku
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.