[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossfire/Target in Sight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 68828_front.jpg (72KB, 640x757px) Image search: [Google]
68828_front.jpg
72KB, 640x757px
I wish there was a way to make this game play in a solid 60 frames per second (or even 30 at the very least) because other than that I really enjoy this game.

TiS is probably going to be the only pseudo-realistic Gundam game we're still going to have for a while. ITT: Post your experiences, I'm currently up to my fourth play of the Zeon campaign and have been utilising more grunt suits during early missions as they become obsolete later on.

I suppose this (and some of the balance issues) are part of the 'Gundam simulation' experience the developers had in mind and it does deliver on that part. All of the suits are clunky, slow and the Federation generally has a headstart on the Zeon suits tech-wise.

For me, major issues include a total lack of optimisation (the framerate and frequent sound issues) and the ally pilots really requiring a lot of levelling before becoming fully useful, even then you end up having to learn how the A.I. behaves. It gets repetitive at times but it feels geared toward bursts of play with the middle sections of its two campaigns pulling you in. The soundtrack is great too.

If Bandai were to ever do an OYW game like this again, I'd like to see a few more suits without them overcharging on all the MSV Gundams, more customisation options and better tweaked weapons. I'm aware I'm wishing for way too much here but it's satisfying playing something that feels like it has a great deal of weight to it. Again, mastering the clunky movement and control so you know exactly how to engage the enemy makes for a big part of the fun.
>>
File: TheBrownDevil.jpg (84KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
TheBrownDevil.jpg
84KB, 550x550px
>>15640648
I know it's a meme to hate on Crossfire, but I played the shit out of that game multiple times. First PS3 game I actually played. Has a good mobile suit library for the time too, including shit like the Hidolfr and the Xamel.

I view Crossfire as the predecessor to Battle Operation. If they had made Battle Operation with a singleplayer campaign like Crossfire's it could have been a really fun game. Really missed an opportunity there.
>>
>>15640674

I was thinking this when I first started getting into Battle Operation, except I was never too keen on how overly-animated it was (though I think this was a design element for gameplay). I initially thought the ability to play as the pilot would have been great for some of the missions in TiS.
>>
>>15640674

On that note, the additional customisation from Battle Operation is what I would liked to have seen in TiS. Applying additional parts like anti-beam coating for a certain capacity percentage on top of TiS's day-to-day upgrading would have been good.
>>
>>15640711
>>15640749
Yeah, Battle Operation was a bit more of a simple game and seemed to be based of the PSP games and the Federation vs Zeon series. An attempt to bring those ideas straight to the PS3. Ultimately kind of lacking in scope, and the simplified action of holding down all your vulcan and machinegun buttons until the enemy ded left some things to be desired. Machinegun damage values were extremely low in Crossfire for some reason. All the damage values in that game were.

If you have the opportunity to play the PSP games like Assault Survive I recommend it. They're a bit more fleshed out than their counterparts.
>>
>>15640648
Controls were really clunky, though and some of the devs must have really hated Zeon, because the first mobile suits available in the zeon campaign exploded when a stiff breeze hit them.
>>
I remember getting this for Christmas years ago.

>Start out as Zeon
>Go through shit fighting GMs and Guncannons
>Miss out on deadlines for missions
>Only ever have enough points to buy/upgrade Zaku II S
>Do the final mission
>Barely manage to beat it at 1% operational status.

Shit like that is what makes real ace pilots.
>>
File: 1436167730986.jpg (60KB, 904x676px) Image search: [Google]
1436167730986.jpg
60KB, 904x676px
>>15640953
>Be Zeon
>Be attacking the coastal base
>Just another day in my Zaku/Z'Gok
>Suddenly bombarded by a bunch of Feddie suits
>Finally take the base, limping along and hoping for the sweet release of my duties in this mission
>More Feddie suits come in from the water
>And then more of them
>And more.
Make this nightmare end.
>>
>>15640648
Just a random aside but I still find myself thinking back to the reveal trailer and how amazing I thought it was going to look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d7XCRd2TxE
>>
>>15640953

Sounds about right.

>>15641106

Definitely one of the hardest missions to go through at first, if you don't have that Marine setting it's futile.

>>15641124

Yup, a bit of an overshot proof of concept given the final product. There were all the other trailers that contained footage that wasn't in the game. There's a few very rare development screenshots that show the Apsalus as being playable.
>>
File: MotherfuckingKrieger.png (62KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
MotherfuckingKrieger.png
62KB, 480x272px
>>15641990
>show the Apsalus as getting playable.
Ah, what could have been. Only game that comes to mind as having playable mobile armors is SDGO, and that's really not the same. I guess there's also the PSP games, but because of the way everything works using mobile armors in those games is a bit finnicky.

Damn shame. Just have to stick to tabletop RPGs and shit until Bandai finally decides to make a proper Gundam game.
>>
>>15640674
>I know it's an an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means tier to hate on Crossfire
Cretin
>>
>>15640648
Getting a new suit and it feeling like a real upgrade was nice. Going from something that maneuvers like a goddamn pig to hey, I can actually turn made them more appreciable. Shame it was a launch title so it ran like ass.
>>
>>15646337

Really notable on the Zeon side. It feels like the Zeon campaign was created as a step-up in difficulty to the EFF campaign because difficulty jumps up only a few missions in.
>>
>>15646378
Yeah, the Zeon campaign was a bit of a killer at times. Even with suits like the Kampfer the last mission on either difficulty was a slog. Federation always seemed to be a lot easier, probably because of suits like the MP Guncannon that could just blow through Zeon like paper.

Except when you get the Xamel. That suit is a fucking riot, and legitimately could not give less of a fuck about Feddie mobile suits.
>>
>>15646408

I've recently maxed out my Xamel and have started giving it some use, most notably using it to terrorise Feds on the naval base mission that has GMs coming up from the sea. I quite like giving artillery-based suits to ally pilots and stationing them where they can provide bombardment.
>>
>>15646378
This.

The Zeon missions make you carefully plan your MS upgrades if you want to finish missions in a timely manner. And once you do start tackling the later missions your approaches have to be spot-on and will require some trial and error, and even using your squadmates as bait. But it is oh-so-rewarding...

Unlike the EF campaign where you can just beam rifle your way though the entire thing, and maybe break a tiny sweat on the Xamel mission.
>>
>>15646463

This is why I've enjoyed the Zeon campaign so much more and why I've been reluctant to upgrade the Gundam on the EFF side. I tend to use machineguns with the Federation suits and spam the vulcans less.

It's frustrating how most videos of this game on YouTube are of wannabe-online-personalities playing the Zeon campaign without taking the time getting used to it and struggle to the point it's painful.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.