[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does ZZ need to be watched before CCA? From what i understand,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 2017-05-08_11-58-27.jpg (2MB, 2180x3112px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-08_11-58-27.jpg
2MB, 2180x3112px
Does ZZ need to be watched before CCA?
From what i understand, there's very little that the main cast of either has to do with one another and circumstantially it's obvious that AXIS has to lose it's leader for the events of CCA to happen.
Don't get me wrong, i like ZZ but if it's not required to view CCA then I wad by to go ahead and watch the later while I'm fresh off of Zeta.
>>
>>15640456
Go ahead.

But you're better off watching ZZ before you bother with Unicorn.
>>
>>15640466
is it that important to unicorn? I heard ZZ is crap
>>
Very little of Gundam is necessary to watch any of the other entries. Wing is necessary to watch before Endless Waltz, and 00 before A Wakening of the Trailblazer for instance, but no series is necessary to see before another series since they all essentially start fresh and fill in any backstory needed for new viewers.

Watching older entries rewards you with better understanding and small references, but it's not actually necessary. If you wanna skip ZZ for now and watch Char's Counterattack you really won't miss anything, same as you wouldn't miss much jumping from 0079 to Char's Counterattack or watching Victory as your first show.
>>
>ITT: Fuck Black_Knight
>>
>>15640456
>Christina thinking about CCA Char and Amuro
What?
>>
>>15640466
I accidentally started RE: 0096 before i realized what I'd done since it was airing on Toonami. I know Marida is a Puru and that the rest are assumed to be dead; I'm on episode 11 of ZZ and they haven't been introduced yet.
>>
>>15640490

Do not question the strangeness of official anime art in the 80s and 90s; just accept it.
>>
>>15640481
I'm pretty sure Zeta is required to watch ZZ and there's a lot of characters in 0079 that return in the mid part of Zeta.
I'm not sure about the relation of ZZ to CCA which is why i made this thread.
>>
>>15640490
>tfw CCA gets a remake and Chris makes a cameo
I'd imagine her being a desk rider and/or activist of some sort. Maybe Al would make an appearance too.
>>
>>15640508
Yeah Zeta is pretty much guaranteed to watch before ZZ
0079 isn't really needed if you need to watch Zeta honestly
ZZ was pretty much done to resolve the lingering plot threads that Zeta had, because they are supposed to be a really long series separated into two
>>
Can 0083 be watched after Zeta?
>>
>>15640456
You need to watch MSG before watching Zeta
You need to watch MSG before watching CCA
You need to watch Zeta before watching ZZ.

I'd argue that it's "better" not have seen Zeta and ZZ to watch CCA as the plot kinda comes "out of nowhere", plus you're still in the "Amuro and Char" vibe, you should definitely not forget that you're skipping content obviously. You should still watch Zeta and ZZ nonetheless and they are both important when watching Unicorn, but you would watch Unicorn, that's beyond me...
>>
>>15640550
You should watch it after Zeta actually.
Production order > Chronological order, always.
>>
>>15640550
I mean, nothing's stopping you.
>>
>>15640469
>is that important to unicorn?
Yes.

>I heard ZZ is crap
Unicorn is also crap so you might as well go balls deep in shit.
>>
>>15640560
Yeah, i guess i should have said "right after Zeta"
I think production order is usually the best way to go but some things don't necessarily have to be watched before another, like ZZ/CCA and Unicorn/F91
>>
>15640580
>Unicorn/F91
I mucked up. Should have been CCA/0080
>>
>>15640578
>Unicorn is also crap so you might as well go balls deep in shit.
So much this, CCA and Unicorn aren't the epitome of greatness, you could (should?) just watch MSG and you could be done with it really. I don't really get why people want to rush things to get at Unicorn and CCA when they are okay-ish at best. At least the suits in CCA are top-tier...
>>
>>15640627
Reminds me of the people who get into jojo and rush throught the entire series just to get to Part 7, just becasue someone on the internet told them it the greatess achivement in fiction or something, 7 is still good but its incredebly overrated.
>>
>>15640627
>I don't really get why people want to rush things to get at Unicorn
Literally no one has ever done this.
>>
>>15640639
I often see people saying whats important to watch in order to see CCA, Unicorn and Zeta
>>
>>15640657
We're not talking about CCA or Zeta, we're talking about Unicorn.
>>
>>15640456
Neiher Zeta nor ZZ need to be watched. ZZ less so than Zeta. You only need to know that Chart worked with Amuro in Zeta. And that there were bad guys called the Titans.
>>
>>15640837
>And that there were bad guys called the Titans.
They get one mention during Char's speech so it's really not that necessary.
>>
>>15640554
What about the trilogy of MSG movies?
>>
>>15641206
If you have the time to watch the MSG series, watch the series instead of the movies.

Inb4
>BUT BETTER VISUALS
>BUT MUH ENGLISH BRIGHT
>BUT CONDENSED STORY
Not good enough to justify watching the trilogy over the series.
>>
>>15641206
Movies are for rewatches, not first exposures.
>>
>>15641225
Is anyone really would watch Trilogy instead of TV for their first watch of MSG?
>>
>>15640637
>rushing to get to a part that's in a different universe to every other part and has little to no connectivity
But why?
>>
>>15645116
I watched the trilogy first. I liked it then and liked it now. It's missing some good episodes but I like that it cuts some silly shit out like the G armour.
>>
File: q.png (101KB, 266x353px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
101KB, 266x353px
So in the grand scheme of early UC things prior to the release of Unicorn, ZZ is more or less just a sidestory that wraps up what happens to Axis after Zeta? Because it has fuck all to do with CCA aside from Bright and Astonaige showing up. Then Unicorn comes about all these years later and has a Puru survivor so ZZ sudden has more sway with the early UC events?
>>
Nothing is really necessary except for direct sequels. I've shown Unicorn to several people as their first entry and they all understand the events that are happening. Of course production order is always best, but the superior animation and OST that Unicorn has is more important to most people than the more subtle nuances of MSG and Zeta that make them better. All you'll miss are some nice references, and save yourself from having to fill in a few blanks that aren't that hard to fill in.
>>
>>15640639
It's pretty common actually, especially when Unicorn was still being released

People like flashy and new and don't want to watch older animation. That's just how most new anime fans are
>>
>>15648458
>People like flashy and new and don't want to watch older animation. That's just how most new anime fans are

People are intelligent and understand you don't fucking need to watch 40 years of Gundam production to wrap your head around 7 fucking ovas.
It's the minority autistics that can't deal with this and end up shouting "watch everything in production order". It makes them sound as a bunch of idiots.
>>
>>15648510
Why are you so mad?
Why not just watch 0079 and be done with it?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.