[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the Gundam franchise suck balls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: original.jpg (595KB, 960x854px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
595KB, 960x854px
I enjoyed the original UC, but I literally couldn't give a shit about the AU and the new UC.

You want to know why? It's because while the original Gundam shows were good, as a franchise, they sucked balls. We have about 30+ series in total and there are only about 5 of them that's worth putting your time into.
>>
>>15637781
I want ANN to leave already, Iron Blooded Ovaries was not good.
>>
Maybe this is also down to franchise fatigue. Back then, Gundam used to mean something. It meant a story, characters and a specific style. Now, it only means a mecha show that's produced by Sunrise. It's easy to get hyped when a new Yamato, Votoms, Eva, Mazinger comes out. It's because they're such a rare occurrence that you can easily be hyped for them.

But not with Gundam. It's the same with shit like Kamen Rider and Precure. I watched Heartcatch Precure and Kamen Rider OOO back then. They were fun, but watching the rest of their respective franchises would be a core, because all that's left from them are the gimmicks, and none of the characters or story.
>>
>>15637785
I dropped Iron Blood early so you can stop with your boogeyman.
>>
>>15637781
>We have about 30+ series in total and there are only about 5 of them that's worth putting your time into.
I think I genuinely enjoyed watching almost every single Gundam series I've watched, but alright. Maybe I just don't belong on /m/. I seem to actually enjoy mecha.
>>
>>15637785
He literally didn't even mention IBO you stupid cunt
>>
>>15637785
Fuck off, retard
>>
>>15637781

What other series has a 1:1 scale robot to it's name and is currently making not one, but two more at the same scale? Not to mention one of them is gonna actually move and articulate.
>>
>>15637818
Tetsujin
>>
>>15637809
/y/ne harder, mung drinker
>>
>>15637818
So? How does it make Gundam not suck?
>>
>>15637820
Well that was easy.
>>
>>15637781

but you don't know which five unless you watch at least ~15 out of the 25 or so gundam. about 1000 episodes, or 5 months of solid 24/7 ludovico technique watchathon.
>>
File: 7q46qg.png (291KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7q46qg.png
291KB, 640x480px
>>15637781
>>15637823
Have you considered maybe you're the one with shit taste OP and not the rest of the world? How desperately do you want your opinion validated that you need to try turning a thread on /m/ into your safe space hugbox?
>>
>>15638582
Let him have his shit taste. The rest of us can enjoy the perfection that is Iron -Blooded Orphans
>>
Valvrave isn't as bad as people say it is.
>>
>>15638291
I've watched everything Gundam except for the SDs.
>>
>>15638582
>literally "it's popular that makes it good"
I like gundam but come on
>>
>>15637794
Same here. When will the DSM officially recognize us?
>>
>>15637786
>It's easy to get hyped when a new Yamato, Votoms, Eva, Mazinger comes out.
>Mazinger

Spotted the spic

Fuck off, Mazinger as a franchise is ten times more trash than anything Gundam.
>>
>>15639130
Mazinger is more entertaining than Gundam in general.
>>
>>15637786
>It's easy to get hyped when a new Yamato, Votoms, Eva, Mazinger comes out.
Those are also trash.
The only difference between them and Gundam, Kamen Rider or Precure is that the latter try to break up the mold by using alternate settings. In either case there comes a certain point by which any new entry in any franchise will just be a minimum creative effort cash-grab that just rides the coattails of the original.
The fact that you would get "hyped" for the former franchises and not for the latter shows only that you like getting nostalgia-pandered.
For you I recommend Unicorn.
>>
>>15639172
They're trash, but at least I can watch them in a week or so.

Gundam is for the most part trash, but it's trash that never ends.

>For you I recommend Unicorn.
This show was so bad I felt like killing myself.
>>
Gundam Unicorn is the most offensively boring piece of shit I ever had to watch.
>>
>>15637786
>Back then, Gundam used to mean something.
No it didn't. Despite Tomino being eternally butthurt about WWII and putting it to anime form, Gundam has always been a toy commercial first. Nothing more, nothing less. Same with Kamen Rider, same with Precure. Same with any fiction that has existed since the 60s. The sad truth isn't that shows are getting shittier, it's that you're getting older and have more important shit to worry about than whether or not next season's gunpla lineup is going to be fap-worthy material for you.
>>
File: amuro ray bans.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
amuro ray bans.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
>>15637821
Don't /y/ me, you dick-sucking spic homo.
>>
>>15639212
>that shows are getting shittier
They are.

MSG was a decent experience. Zeta, ZZ, CCA were awful. I guess that's what happens when you pump sequels that weren't needed.
>>
>>15642315
>Cherry-picking statements out of context.
>Implying you were watching jappo cartoons since the 70s

Here's your (You) now fuck off and die in a ditch.
>>
>>15642338
I watched the all of UC in one go, and MSG was definitely better than everything else. How do you explain that? That's not because of me getting older.
>>
>>15642354
>"was better"
Subjectiveness apparently doesn't exist.
>>
>>15639172
>those are also trash

What mecha show do you like then?

Why are you here?
>>
>>15637781

I see, Gundam as a franchise sucks donkey balls because you don't like 70% of it. Yeah it makes sense.

Why is /a/ infecting /m/ ? I propose to do a call of arms to disinfect /m/ of all these non-mecha believers that are shitposting this place to hell. Fucking trolls should be shot or sent back to /a/.
>>
>>15642366
I wasn't trolling when I said it. It's true though. The majority of Gundam series are nothing special and kind of mediocre. Can you really tell me straight in my face that something like X or Wing is worth rewatching? They're not short enough for that, and the characters and situations are reused in worst ways than the original shows.
>>
>>15642374
Worse*
>>
File: 1363552373344.jpg (62KB, 580x395px) Image search: [Google]
1363552373344.jpg
62KB, 580x395px
>>15642374
>something like X isn't worth rewatching

If this is because of Newtype Dolphins or the fact that everyone lives despite post-apocalypse setting then good job on you for being the most autistic person on /m/ and missing the point entirely of X's story.
>>
>>15637781
Gundamfags dont care about quality they just buy plastic toys they need to ensemble and paint because otherwise look like shit.

Your average gundamfag likes a series if it has good kits
>>
>>15642506
I never said it was bad though. Just that it's not worth rewatching.

The problem with Gundam as a whole is that it has a lot of unmemorable entries that you don't give a shit about beyond initial viewing. That's what makes it a franchise that only exists for the sake of existing.
>>
>>15638661
>liking Iron Menstruation
Nice try Macross World
>>
>>15643421
This topic proves we need to erase net neutrality
>>
>>15643425
As if you know what net neutrality even is
>>
File: gundam_seed_2_1024.jpg (302KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gundam_seed_2_1024.jpg
302KB, 1024x768px
>didn't like Gundam Seed
>didn't like IBO
>didn't like AGE
>found Turn A a bit boring

Is this normal? I was told Gundam SEED was the best Gundam series by a friend, but I thought it was kinda stupid. Now I'm considering watching 0079
>>
>>15643421
baited so easily
>>
>>15643425
Because of opinions on robot toy cartoons?
>>
>>15643649
I do, that is why it needs to be chucked, Mecha Talk.
>>
>>15642849
Bullshit. If that were true, there wouldn't be occasional threads talking about the mainstream shows. You wouldn't see shipping wars regarding whether Domon should have hooked up with Allenby or stick with Rain, or any of the Zeta/ZZ threads despite those being made by shitposters. Fuck. The whole fucking reason /m/ was created in the first place is because of the influx of threads on why Destiny was so monumentally bad clogged up /a/ IIRC. Stop making your opinions come off as facts when you don't even know what you're talking about.
>>
>>15643728
>on why Destiny was so monumentally bad clogged up /a/ IIRC
Except /m/ was made before Destiny even aired you moron.
>>
>>15637781
>as a franchise, they sucked balls

this is the norm for all Japanese franchises , anime , movies or games
>>
>>15637794
>you need to enjoy every show because it has robots

the average retard.
>>
>>15643654
>Seed
Not a bad show, but it's not that great
>IBO
Yeah, no comments there, it was bad. Had some highlights, but was shit overall.
>AGE
Didn't watch.
>Turn A was a bit boring
Okay, I get where you're coming from, but did you finish it? Took me a while to get into watching Turn A, but the last third really worked for me.

As for your friend, I'd suggest they started with Seed. Almost everyone loves their first Gundam with zero awareness for how shit it might be. I started on Wing, and it took a while before I realized it was shit. Then I later realized that it's an amazing comedy if you learn to love how shit it is. The original MS:G is a good show if you can get past how dated it is, and it'll open up the UC timeline for you.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.