[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An All-"Mostly Western" Super Robot Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 1246947-megasxlrqt3.png (767KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1246947-megasxlrqt3.png
767KB, 1280x768px
Anyone ever thought of the prospect to hire Banpresto into making a Super Robot Wars game with mostly /co/, /tg/ and/or /tv/ properties? Things like MegasXLR, Transformers, Voltron, Swat Kats, Pacific Rim, and Dexter's Lab, for example. Got any others that could fit the mold?

This discussion kind of started in another forum, and I kind of felt a need to ask here about what /m/ would think of such an idea. I know that Transformers and Voltron have a Japanese origin, but that's the reason for the "Mostly Western" part to be there in the title.
>>
>>15628638
No anon, no westerner has ever thought of another way to stroke their cocks by imagining their shit being in garbage it should never be in.
>>
Are there even enough fans for any of those shows to make a game for?
>>
>>15628673
I'd say yes for the former three listed in the OP. The western audience knows those a lot more than the latter three. Moreso Transformers and Voltron than MegasXLR, despite it being a super cult classic show while also the west's strongest Super Robot bar none.

Swat Kats is also getting a continuation to the series (with a long term) courtesy of a successful kickstarter that jump started an operation headed by the original creators (since Turner, and therefore CN, no longer owns the IP). So, if anything, any people of the current generation will eventually know it better.

As for Pacific Rim, a sequel is happening soon, and apparently might continue from there, if it does better than the first one. And Dexter... well, considering how CN is nowadays, I can't really guess what might come from that. IF it ever gets a chance.
>>
how about instead we do a
CINEMATIC
UNIVERSE
>>
>>15628833
How so?
>>
Robotech. :^)
>>
>>15628846
just do what everyone else is doing, make a big movie and don't care if it's shit or not because CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

idea: make a billion dollar robotech movie and then have coop show up in the after credits telling them that he's collecting a team of giant robots because everyone digs them
>>
There would need to be some "real robot" representatives for gameplay reasons.

What does the west have besides Battletech? Never mind that 'mechs function more like SRE supers.
>>
>>15628885
What about Heavy Gear and its sequels?
>>
>>15628885
roomba >>15628885
>>
>>15628638
Titanfall. Specficially 2. Ion and Tone are recuited first, because reasons.
>>
>>15628638
>transformers

>voltron

>western

what
>>
>>15628920
Read the long spoiler sentence.
>>
>>15628926

well I cant see when people spoiler shit because i have black userstyles
>>
>>15628913
>no Vanguard Class
JUST
>>
File: drunk-uncle.jpg (170KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
drunk-uncle.jpg
170KB, 650x400px
>>15628926
>reading spoiler text
>>
File: Rare encounter.gif (25KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rare encounter.gif
25KB, 550x400px
>>15628936
>Posting spoiler images.
>>
>>15628885
>There would need to be some "real robot" representatives for gameplay reasons.
Not really
Though for variety's sake, we could use Exo Squad or The Centurions or some shit like that
>>
>>15628947
What about Knight Rider?
>>
>>15628885
Let's stick in the armour from Starship Troopers
>>
File: G-Saviour.jpg (479KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
G-Saviour.jpg
479KB, 1920x1275px
>>
>>15628951
Of course, so we can finally have that Knight Rider x Thunder in Paradise x Airwolf x Street Hawk crossover that everyone's always wanted. Also guest-starring Blue Thunder & Viper.
>>
File: titan.png (826KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
titan.png
826KB, 1280x720px
>>15628638
Never going to happen. Not unless some crazy /m/ite has tons of patience and shitloads of cash to burn on it, and even then I doubt it.

That said I'd love to see Titan or Megas or whatever get into a game. Or The Mean Machine, if you're really thinking crazy shit.
>>
>>15628638
Would never happen because too many companies involved and none would be willing to play nice. Not to mention you have stuff like how Megas has to be acknowledged as a failure because if it's ever proven that it was an intentional failure on the executives part then cartoon network will get in huge legal trouble.

But if it ever happened, I'd want the Iron Giant in it.
>>
>>15628638
Warhammer 40k
>>
>>15629550
Of all the things that could ever not be in for legal reasons, that's the biggest one of all. GW would never agree to it.
>>
>>15629580
I'm not super-knowledgeable about Warhammer, are those dudes especially careful with their IP or something?
>>
>>15629598
They're not so much careful as they are completely egotistical dumbasses about it. These are the kinds of people who wouldn't agree to free advertising like this just because another series might end up looking cooler than Warhammer
>>
>>15629598
>>15629660
Lets not forget that Warcraft was initially a Warhammer game but GW pulled away because they didn't want to "discourage people from playing the table top game".
>>
>>15628885
>SRE
What?
>>
It makes more sense just to make a straight up SRW version of western "hero fiction', instead.
Comics, Cartoons, TV, Movies etc.
Go all for that TV Tropes explanation what SRW is.

Pretty much anything can get into SRW at this point, so why limit western version with just mech?
Make a game with X-Men, Buffy, Star Trek and Transformers, instead of just Transformers. It'll be more popular anyway.
>>
>>15629791
Because in the first place, we've already had enough messy superhero crossovers

But beyond that, SRW (and for that matter the Compati Hero/Great Battle series) can work because the vast majority of mecha shows follow a certain set of conventions that make them easy to be standardized as units in a turn based strategy game. By contrast, combining all the franchises you mentioned would not only be a legal nightmare with far more money involved than your average mecha show, it would also be sheer nonsense. SRW already struggles to form a coherent story with shows that are relatively similar. When you have to start coming up with a reason as to why Optimus Prime doesn't just step on the main problem of every conflict, you're probably dead on arrival.
>>
>>15628638
Yeah no this idea is horrible just like western mecha. All you can even come up with is old crappy shows you have nostalgia for. I mean Dexter's lab? Are you fucking serious? The only thing in the list thats western and acceptable would be pacific rim.
>>
>>15628951
Oh god, yes. Preferably with a team up attack with Airwolf.
>>
>>15630484
You're no fun.
>>
>>15630496
Fun is relative. If you were the writer, what scenario would you play between the two shows you know best?
>>
>>15630484
Megas XLR doesn't count? Where were you in the better years of CN?
>>
>>15628638
I think the big majority would be Battletech mechs (Probably want to do it before the Jihad, so you have Clanners as opposing forces with Inner Sphere on your team), you'd include Megas XLR, Titan Fall, Warhammer 40k , Starcraft, Brigador. Robotech could count, seeing as it's a western adaptation of three different Super Dimension series into a single coherent series for western audiences. It'd never happen though, copyright and the fact Western companies stand on the idea of 'If someone else uses it, then it just opens it up for everyone else to use then' mentality companies have.

Tying them together wouldn't be too difficult, setting would be Battletech right before the Battle of Tukkayid. Various factions show up in different manners, Pacific Rim through a dimensional portal, Megas through a time travel incident, Terran and Imperial fleets through misjumps, etc.Titan Fall and Brigador would actually fit quite easily into the Battletech universe in the Periphery
>>
>>15630761
>MOSPEADA
>Super Dimension
???
>>
>>15628942
FUCK
>>
>>15628935
We have one now but they call it Monarch for some reason
>>
>>15629735
That happened alot. Fallout was supposed to be a GURPS video game. Who plays GURPS anymore?
Tabletop game companies are notoriously dumb
>>
>>15630484
>What is the 50s, 60s, 70s when there were robots out the ass everywhere I the West
No pilots, but so fucking what?
Not to mention the Terminator, Power Loader from Alien, etc etc etc
Nothing annoys me more than people that are so pathetically weeb that they're unaware of their own culture
>>
>>15631285
>TFW we'll never get the Terminator going toe-to-toe with Unicron
>>
>>15628885
HYPNO DISC AND CHAOS 2
>>
>>15631280
What's funny is I know for a fact that plenty of people would pay 60 bucks, microtransactions, and monthly fees to play a digital version of Warhammer. All the people with physical armies would still play the tabletop but there's tons of people who want to play/try but the time and money it takes to make an army is too much. Literally it would just be a way of getting money from those not willing to put on the effort to formally get into the hobby and then you top it off with how a bunch of those people playing the game are likely to end up getting real armies after playing it digitally.

It's a no brainer but GW is so stupid and greedy.
>>
>>15631272
Monarch is the IMC's copypasta version of the Vanguard.

Don't know why they wont add the actual Vanguard in multiplayer.
>>
I must say that Swat Kats probably stands a good chance of joining, given that the IP is now in the hands of a few who are eager to advertise it further. David Hasslehoff interacting with the furrier version of a Macross pilot crew seems like a fever dream.
>>
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

Was pretty /m/
>>
>>15634199
It still is pretty /m/! I wonder how it would interact with the other shows.
>>
>>15631776

keep an eye that this was the old geedubs

new geedubs isn't giving 2 fucks anymore, and even TW warhammer Pretty much increased the search for fantasy and AoS

40k and AoS is getting more and more sells due to Vidya, and you can even play fantasy again because they released the free rules for everyone now, 8th ed 40k and AoS were releases 4 free this week

as for Warcraft, if they didn't moved to SSI/EA back then to help create SOTHR and Later Dark Omen, Total War wouldn't even exist

and if Blizzard didn't created Starcraft, they wouldn't had asked relic to create Dawn of War 1 after the success of Homeworld

Blizzard and GeeDubs still owns each other, even so that Metzen is now visiting some Warhammer 40k Related Tournament over the last few months after he was released from blizzard
>>
File: t6oCXhE.jpg (105KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
t6oCXhE.jpg
105KB, 600x900px
>>15631776
>What's funny is I know for a fact that plenty of people would pay 60 bucks, microtransactions, and monthly fees to play a digital version of Warhammer.

WHY? Why on fucking Earth would you pay for the privilege to play one of the most boring, imbalanced and broken wargames out there?
Warhammer 40k is a model-making game first, interesting setting second, socializer third, paper weight fourth,.... game as the very last thing you can imagine.

It's a disgustingly horrible game, people play it because it's a way to get together with fellow fans, share painting advice.
If people played the game to actually play, it would die out in a fortnight, it is that bad.

To give you an idea, take a good look at >pic related.
What you're seeing is a completely legal and fairly easy way to win as Tau.
Bring enough Kroot, use their forward deployment rule to stack them on opponents side of the field and space them out so that he can't deploy any of his units (since you can't deploy a certain distance from enemy units).
Congratulations, you jut won fair and square because the enemy has 0 units on the field!
Genius design. There's literal mountains of stuff like that in Warhammer 40k. They're literally tearing the whole game down and building it from the ground up based on Age of Sigmar rules to make it at least remotely playable for enjoyment.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.