[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOGH gets official subs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: 1329868130367056229.jpg (82KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
1329868130367056229.jpg
82KB, 800x513px
Legend of the Galactic Heroes gets an official sub: https://www.hidive.com/tv/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes; http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/06/20/anime-streaming-service-hidive-launches-with-legend-of-galactic-heroes

The first four episodes are online, and the next four are available June 22, 2017. After that, there will be three new episodes per week until February 2018.
>>
>>15628411
Cool, gonna wait for the physical release though
>>
>>15628411
Anyone tried the beta and have a verdict on the official subs?
>>
>>15628411
Awesome. We'll be able to watch official LoGH subs of the entire show by 2020 at that rate!
>>
>>15628411
Why would CR be ok with reporting another streaming site has something they don't.
>>
>>15628411
Who is translating?
>>
>>15628585
Don't whine, that's faster than the original releases took for the Japanese.
You can already watch Central Anime's subs of the show. They're not "official" but that label never means much, you'll just most likely have differently spelled names at parts and no signs being translated, that's it.

>>15628623
Because they also report news?
>>
>>15628411
Noice! I never thought I'd live to see the day LoGH got official subs along with the novels being translated. It's a good time to be an anime fan.
>>
>Not available in your region
Well, I hope the torrents don't disappear any time soon.
>>
>>15629307
Ugh. I thought they would be worldwide. The offer was too good to be true.
>>
>The subs are by Sentai Filmworks
Oh boy, nothing like TL Error filled subs :^)
>>
>>15628411
literally do not care
>>
>>15629378
Are Sentai that bad?
>>
I honestly hope they just steal C-A's subs, there's no way Sentai of all companies can do any better anyways
>>
>>15629388
Kind of.
They're not horrible but they could do with some work.
If you translate natsuyasumi as "Spring break" then you've got issues
>>
File: 1467862901428.png (161KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1467862901428.png
161KB, 500x313px
>>15629459
>translating a word that means "summer vacation" to mean "spring break" when "summer vacation" already has the exact same cultural context in America
>>
>>15628425
Is this actually in the pipeline though?
>>
Fucking PAYWALL for a 20+ year old anime stream.

Sentai can eat my shit until they get discs out.
>>
>>15628623
Because they aren't actually as greedy as /a/ thinks they are?
They could definitely charge more and get away from it. CR is hella cheap
>>
>>15630312
You can't reason with autists that think being as literal as possible is a good thing, they literally can't tell realistic speech from robot talk
>>
Are they the LD versions or those shitty BD ones?
>>
>>15628411
I'm happy and this makes me want to rewatch it even more, but I know if I do go check it out, I'll just immediately continue on where they leave off and go to the unofficial ones to continue.
>>
>>15631469
Yeah I don't want to pay a monthly fee just to rewatch it. I'd buy a physical release in a heartbeat though
>>
>>15631269
>>15630312

Spring break in Japan is in March
Summer vacation is July - August

Translating it like that isn't a matter of cultural context, you retards, it's about being quite literally FACTUALLY INCORRECT. If you think that's remotely acceptable I suggest you die of cancer.
>>
>>15631460
>Are they the low quality versions or the high quality versions

Gee anon, I wonder what people prefer? Cel-anmated shows scanned in high resolution or shitty laserdisc resolution?
>inb4 muh redraws

There's less than 15 in the whole series, suck it up you weeb
>>
>>15630312
Such a thing, at a time like this? I won't forgive you!
>>
>official subs for show that's had more than adequate fansubs for years
Meanwhile Minky Momo, Konpeki no Kantai, Danchi Tomoo, Gamba no Bouken, Kochikame, Kasei Yakyoku, so many others will never be touched by anyone
>>
>>15631705
Maybe if someone had a reason to give a single shit about those...
>>
>>15631705
At least Live-Evil or KofukuSub could do Minky Momo (although it has streams on Amazon covering the dub that goes up to episode 52, I guess).
>Gamba no Bouken
R.I.P, Retro Beat Fansubs.
>Kochikame
The group doing that would croak before getting past the first one-hundred episodes.
>>
>>15631735
Oh yeah, I get why fansubbers will never do a show with 300+ episodes. TLs won't put up with it unless they're getting paid, which is why we need official subs. But instead they waste their time on shit we already have
>>
>>15631741
I'm being reminded of the time Anime Sols (that defunct crowdfunding site) did things like Creamy Mami, even though they were already subbed (to add insult to injury, the OVAs are still not done). That site was the definition of a good idea, but bad execution.
>>
>>15631752
Reminded me of that, too. I guess that's what we should expect; too risky for a business to spend money on stuff no one will be interested in so it makes sense to focus on shows people are already interested in. Still sucks.
>>
>>15631548
You do realize the logh bds are upscales?
>>
>>15631779
So they didn't retrieve the original film? What a waste.
>>
I just checked out the first ep of LOGH on HiDive so far it's a step down from Central Anime's subs no name plates for major characters no location bits also Fezzan is the spelling they are going with compared to both C-A's and the Novels use of Phezzan. And from the looks this might be the DVD release not the LD set won't fully know till the episode where the Rosenritter takes over Isolorne
>>
>>15631765
Daisuki just subbed Mama ha Shogaku 4 Nensei and nobody even ripped it so yeah, big risk in translating unknown stuff
>>
>>15631548
Stop being retarded. The BDs are just as shit.
>>
>>15631803
>No name plates
>discarding the defining innovation of the series, which I wish had been imported to the US a long time ago
Sentai what are you doing
>>
>>15631803
>no name plates
hahaha holy shit
>>
>>15631825
For what it's worth, it was directed by Iuchi Shuji, the guy who helmed Wataru. Also, the only way to have it all subbed, since only one group tried to sub it.
>>
>>15631803
>>15632410
>>15632421

The name plates are great it's the only way to keep track of the 100 uniformed characters who kind of look alike too.
>>
>>15632444
seriously the show fucking RELIES on that to explain who people are at all times how do you fuck this up
>>
>>15632460
If Stephen Foster is directing the translation/localization, the natural thing to do is blame him.
>>
>>15632440
Right but there was so little interest in it once Daisuki had already subbed it that no one put it on Nyaa or AnimeBytes, you have to stream it on a site with ads and a paywall
>>
>>15628411
https://www.hidive.com/maintenance.html

jesus I haven't seen an "under construction" sign on a website since like 1990
>>
File: 1417162796145.jpg (27KB, 490x539px) Image search: [Google]
1417162796145.jpg
27KB, 490x539px
>>15631803
>no nameplates
>in fucking LoGH of all things
That makes the show borderline impossible to follow. How do you fuck that up?
>>
Fansubs: In one small part of space, the war continues. In War, there can only be one victor. Space is an uninhabited wilderness and bloody wounds disappear with time. Maybe the multitude of stars in the sky remember those wounds. Maybe it is fated that one day even those stars will vanish. Man's presence in the midst of those stars is all that remains of a forgotten battle.

Official Subs: In every age, war persists. And in every age, war leaves behind only uninhabited wastelands. And the scars it engraves fade with the passage of time. Perhaps it is the multitude of stars that shine above that bear witness to these scars and remember them, but even they are fated to one day vanish like falling stars. This is a record of a war and certain people in it once spoken among the stars, the memory which has already begun to fade.
>>
>>15636120

Honestly, these are two rather different takes on the same dialogue. I'm not sure who to trust here, but my instincts are telling me CA may actually be the one at fault. Not sure.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.