[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if this would have caught on in America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

What if this would have caught on in America?
>>
We'd have gotten seasonal sequels like Power Rangers and a Hollywood reboot would be coming out next summer.
>>
>>15628186
Then they'd be screwed because they didn't think ahead and used a franchise that at the time was dead and looked outdated compared to Sentai.
>>
>>15628186
Wouldn't have mattered in the slightest since the next TV series didn't come out until 2000.

I mean, I guess they could have adapted J and ZO into TV movies/mini serieses. I mean I guess they could have adapted Black but I don't think that would have gelled well with American kids used to the flashiness of MMPR.
>>
>>15628209
They'd already used both ZO and J in Masked Rider.

Which...may not have necessarily mattered, considering how sloppy they were about the editing in the show, but meh.
>>
>>15628186
Didn't Dragon Knight end up doing pretty well here?
>>
>>15628186
We would have to add butthurt to the already long list of /krg/s problems
>>
>>15628245
>getting canceled before the show could end
>doing well
>>
>>15628209
Given the B-fighters are also based on insects they could've used those as Masked Rider succesors instead of a different series.

But yeah, after that its done. Although maybe if in this hypothetical scenario KR ended up being as big as PR was maybe it would have coerced Toei to make more footage or start the heisei era earlier.
>>
>>15628245
IIRC it was well reviewed but they pulled it before it ended.
>>
File: KIVA Icon.jpg (139KB, 1280x1431px) Image search: [Google]
KIVA Icon.jpg
139KB, 1280x1431px
>>15628186
KIVA Adaptation would have been the most gloriously cheesy shit and probably better written than actual Kiva.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-21-09h22m33s116.png (549KB, 848x482px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-21-09h22m33s116.png
549KB, 848x482px
Faiz: They don't do the hot potato
Blade: Zookeeper kid must hunt down vengeful nature spirits and comes into conflict with a biologist, a big game hunter, and some Tarzan rip-off
Hibiki: Downplay the one thing, play up the rock and roll superhero aspect
Kabuto: Like Faiz, less hot potato on the drivers, Worms are more semi-comedic like the usual PR alien invaders
Den-O: Marty McFly type and totally not Doc Brown type use the scientist's super science train and robotic allies to travel through time
Kiva: A more conventional superhero succession story where a a kid discovers that he's half-vampire and his father was a dracula-themed superhero. He's mentored by his dad's three former monster mash servants to fight the newly emboldened Fangires and the secret Illuminati-esque organization that wants them all dead
Decade: Big crossover movie or a series that revisits just the American adapted stuff
W: Adoptive brothers Hardy Boy types. Same basic plot, but Accel is a much older ex-cop that wants them off of the case as he's been investigating it for longer
Fourze: Same basic plot, but Virgo is an actual woman
Wizard: Harry Potter that shit. First human sacrifice event is barely thwarted. Gay donut guy is removed from cast.
Gaim: They treat it like a ninja show even though it's about samurai motifs. Most of the weirder stuff is gone, but Micchy type is still worst boy
Drive: Illegal Street Racer is given an offer of a reduced sentence if he'll help a talking belt fight evil androids as Drive. The Banno equivalent uses Dark Drive's suit for his resurrection and he fights Drive (as Type Special) instead of Mach at the end of the show
Ghost: Cameraman of a Ghost Hunters type show actually busts ghosts in his spare time. A lot of it is helping spirits pass on while fending off villains that want to use the energy of the undead to power some kind of doomsday device
Ex-Aid: Throws away the doctor gimmick probably. It's basically Level Up. I'm sorry.
>>
>>15628186
We would have to suffer through endless memelords shitting up /m/, for one
>>
>>15628352
I wonder if the western adaptation of Decade would've been better.
>>
>>15628352
>Drive is basically Fast and the Furious Rider
Could be cool.
>>
>>15628186
It might have revived Kamen Rider by generating interest thus new material needing to be created to feed the new market
>>
>>15628352
>Den-O: Marty McFly type and totally not Doc Brown type use the scientist's super science train and robotic allies to travel through time

I would watch that
>>
>>15628186
>>15628352

How would Kamen Rider be like if it were on the CW these past few years, and didn't restart with Dragon Knight?

The CW's Masked Rider(s)...
>>
>>15628390
>My name is Takeshi Hongo. I was turned into a cyborg assassin by an evil organization called Shocker, but I escaped before they could reprogram me. Now I use my powers to fight them and protect my friends and loved ones from harm. I am... The Masked Rider.
>>
File: Kamen Rider GP.jpg (388KB, 1000x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider GP.jpg
388KB, 1000x1180px
>>15628382
A lot of it would still work as it did originally with some light tweaks.

Kiriko: His parole officer. You can still have her as Japanese for that Tokyo Drift sauce.
Genpachi: The cop that actually managed to arrest him. He's deeply suspicious as to how he's acting as an "assistant" to the SCU in lieu of serving jail time
Jun: The chief. A surrogate, if goofy, father figure to Drive
Rinna and Kyu: Combined into one younger hacker scientist waifu. Amps up the mad scientist aspect of Rinna's character
Gou: Kiriko's brother and a legitimate racer on the pro-circuit
Chase: Same, but taller. Also has a kind of b-story romance going on with the Rinna-Kyu girl because of course the scientist chick has to have the hots for the robot dude
Krim: Is Krim.

I'd just feel bad about taking away the police officer aspect of the protagonist because it was an interesting change of pace to have a main protagonist Kamen Rider who was (more-or-less) also a conventional law enforcement agent instead of an everyman misfit.

>>15628390
Kamen Rider: Flashpoint was better than CW Flashpoint because it wasn't caused by Shinnosuke missing his mommy too much.
>>
File: top-2_orig.jpg (75KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
top-2_orig.jpg
75KB, 600x338px
American Ex-Aid would be a girl. Or if the SJWs have their way, a trans kid. Because hetero boys can't wear pink in America! Gamer Gate jokes abound.
>>
>>15628352
>Blade, Den-O, W and Drive sound cool

What's the one thing in Hibiki.

Also
>Micchy
>worst boy
fuck off
>>
File: OOO Icon.jpg (190KB, 1280x1284px) Image search: [Google]
OOO Icon.jpg
190KB, 1280x1284px
Damn it. I forgot about OOO.

"Gambling is Bad" show. A young man inherits a massive debt from his deadbeat dad and has to work it off as OOO (pronounced Zero to make it sound cooler for Western audiences) for the Kougami Foundation. Enemies are demons who run a massive gambling/racketeering empire that deals in human souls and promotes the power of greed. Ankh is all about the Dairy Queen now.
>>
>>15628439
>Chase: Same But Taller
i dunno why but that made me chuckle.
>>
>>15628466
When you phrase it like that, it sounds like a normie urban supernatural show or something Netflix would produce.
>>
>>15628460
Oni thing. Sorry, auto-correct.

And come on, bro. Fan girls love the Draco Malfoy type. They'd eat Micchy's traitorous fuckboi ass up.
>>
>>15628352
... either I've finally lost my mind or you actually managed to make Ghost interesting; anon
>>
>>15628449
Nah, they would just turn him into Angry Eyebrows Kirby, like the marketing department for NoA usually does.
>>
>>15628498
>And come on, bro. Fan girls love the Draco Malfoy type. They'd eat Micchy's traitorous fuckboi ass up.
Oh, sure, but "worst boy" means worst-as-character not that he's a dick.
>>
>>15628493
To be fair, any superhero show becomes that if you take away the suits and colorful villains.
>>
>>15628352
We already got a dub of Kabuto, so I think we're good on that front.
>>
>>15628466
AmeriEiji: Why does the belt sing in Japanese?
AmeriAnkh: Don't ask me- I didn't program it. So just roll with it!
>>
>>15629739
Firstly, it doesn't sing Japanese. It sings nonsense words. Secondly, as if an adaptation would keep the autistic belt voices. They'd be replaced by far more sensible and mundane sound effects and be all the better for it.
>>
>>15630699
>They replace the names with animal sounds
>All combos become a cacophony of roars, screeches, and buzzing
>>
>>15630699
>"They'd be replaced by far more sensible and mundane sound effects and be all the better for it."
>Not liking belt noises
C'mon, dude.
>>
Did someone save the posts of that one guy who adapted the entirety of Heisei prior to Ex-Aid?
>>
>>15630699
>nonsense words
By that logic "motel" or "napalm" are nonsense words.
>>
>>15630699
> not liking TAKA TORA BATTA TA-TO-BA TATOBA TA-TO-BA
>>
>>15630699
I bet you think the Gashat jingles are annoying you fucking pleb
>>
>>15628352
>Decade: Big crossover movie or a series that revisits just the American adapted stuff
look at these riders that were never seen before on this planet
>>
I still say the show had bretty gud lore and world building, it's just that the production was really shitty.
>>
>>15632276
You mean black rx or masked rider. If you mean rx then I agree on the lore, the problem is that they didnt bother to coordinate all the ideas they had.
>>
>>15632173
Maybe they can replace it with GADGET-ON! Since that's an English word combination that sounds similar.
>>
Later down the line, we'd get some Marvel/DC jokes thrown in.
>>
They did try to make "Power Rider" a trademark during Samurai. Never happened, probably because of the Ryuki stuff and copyright issues. Would have been shit anyways.

If they were to use one, I think Den-O would be the first to pick from giving how popular it is. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they made it dark and edgier in some way.
>>
>>15632193
Multiverse, baby
>>
>>15632193
It's the Masked Rider Warriors!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67jBFQXJ7E
>>
>>15636778
>I am Riderman!

Oh boy.
>>
>>15628352
>Ex-Aid: Throws away the doctor gimmick probably. It's basically Level Up. I'm sorry.
Ex-Aid threw away the doctor shit 5 episodes in, it's just loose dressing for the setting.
Makes you wonder why the fuck they added something if it's literally going to be fucking pointless and useless to the plot.
Just another one of Ex-Aid's blunders I guess.
>>
>>15633291
You know, for inserting gashats they could go Megaman Battle Network
Just instead of GA-SHAT it would be JACK-IN

>>15636778
> Riderman
> Amazon
How the hell did they mess that up, holy shit!
>>
>>15636908
>How the hell did they mess that up, holy shit!
It's really weird, because the introductions are basically in the same order as the original, except all out of whack because they took out Rider-2 (who just looks the same as 1 and that's confusing) and Riderman (who's too blatantly japanese) so they end up almost all wrong by one or two slots

But then ZX has the correct name
>>
>>15636778
>big S on the chest
>i am masked rider X
ZX is the only one that they got right or wasn't changed
>>
>>15636937
>>15637227
Fuck, I always forget his name is pronounced Z† not ZX. Like in Sentai I always thing GoGoVee, not GoGoFive
>>
>>15636852
Toei just adds hooks (in this case, capitalizing on the success of a modern medical drama) to fool new viewers into watching yet another escalating superhero conflict show that actually doesn't have much riding.
>>
>>15636852
As a self identified "Gamer" (yes I am an obnoxious piece of shit), I like the Doctor stuff and would prefer for a remake to go all in on it while minimalizing the video game stuff. At least when it comes to out of suit scenes.
>>
>>15636852
The doctor setting is important for Emu's character, even if we don't see much activity as a doctor.

And really, considering how Ex-Aid focuses on plot, rather than victims of the week, it makes sense that side has been sidelined. Any civilian activity would be.
>>
>>15636852
As a guy who wanted Ex-Aid to basically be Kamen Rider TRON, I'm cool with it
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.