[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot Jox novelization request

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Does anybody knows link for ebook version of this vintage novel?
>>
>>15627674
Probably a good book, I remember Haldeman saying his screenplay was hard science fiction, and he didnt like the movie because it was like a cartoon compared to his screenplay
>>
>>15630099
>I remember Haldeman saying his screenplay was hard science fiction, and he didnt like the movie because it was like a cartoon compared to his screenplay
I recall hearing him say something similar.
>>
>>15630099
>>15630201
I think it was less that it was "hard sci-fi" and more that the director wanted a cartoony movie and Haldeman imagined a more serious and daramatic story. There was a lot of back-and-forth conflict between the two of them.

He talks about it (and a lot of other things) here (just ctrl+f "Robot Jox"):

https://web.archive.org/web/20110514001111/http://home.earthlink.net/~haldeman/biolong.html
>Stuart pinpointed what we'd been doing wrong. He said, "Joe, our problem is that you're writing a movie for adults that children can enjoy, but I'm directing a movie for children that adults can enjoy!"

>It shows in the movie, oil and water. Some people enjoy it, but to me it's as if I'd had a child who started out well and then sustained brain damage. Most of the scenes that I worked on with Gary and Anne-Marie look like a normal movie; many of the others look painfully cartoonish.

I actually just finished rewatching this movie on a whim about an hour ago. You can REALLY tell where two opposing outlooks clash in the movie. The beginning has some really serious and dramatic sci-fi moments that give way to more and more jilted Saturday morning cartoonery. Stuff really comes to a head with the sex/romance stuff - you can tell who had a bigger influence in each scene, especially if you're familiar with how Haldeman normally handles those themes, compared to the low-brow Hollywood cliches. And the ending is pure Haldeman.
>>
>>15627674
Wasn't there a /m/ archivist fella who used to post links for obscure /m/ books?
I couldn't find any of links
Any kind anon has it? I remember the only one I had downloaded was O'Neill's high frontier - the book about space colony.
>>
>>15630866
I don't think I've seen ebooks of Robot Jox but I might be wrong.

I'd like to see an ebook of Robot Commander, that choose-your-adventure-ish thing Steve Jackson made as the universe cooled. I've seen pics of a moonrune version.
>>
>>15630866
>/m/ archivist fella who used to post links for obscure /m/ books

I tried the desuarchieves but of seems they were purged like a portion of 2014 posts are.
>>
File: 1373849836318.jpg (217KB, 980x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1373849836318.jpg
217KB, 980x1000px
>>
>>15627674
http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=2078331&hilit=robot+jox
>>
>>15632834
You're a goddamn hero, anon.
>>
>>15632834
You are the MVP!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.