[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which mech has the worst carbon emissions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 14

>>
probably Xabungle mechs since they run on gasoline.
>>
>>15626486
this. but mobile suits, giant robo are radioactive. getter energy and photonic energy can be very dangerous. I think there is several robots that are green like wrong tetsujin who is solar powered.
>>
File: 1468455847867.jpg (2MB, 3025x4502px) Image search: [Google]
1468455847867.jpg
2MB, 3025x4502px
>>15626486
Came here to post this. Walker Machines seem pretty crude as far as motive power goes. Huge ones like the Iron Gear types probably chug it like hell, too.

>>15626506
Isn't photonic energy rather clean though? Dangerous, yes, but I don't remember anything like the Super Alloy Z becoming dangerous besides it decaying and losing its structural strength.
>>
>>15626506
NEXTs are basically walking fallout emitters.

Cosmic Era mobile suits have some of the worst carbon emissions indirectly, since they're run off batteries and that power has to come from somewhere that isn't nuclear. If it was solar then there wouldn't be any energy crisis on Earth, so it's most likely that they're chugging fossil fuels to charge those batteries.
>>
Rayearth and Godannar are on fire every moment they're onscreen. That can't be good for the environment
>>
The VF-0 and SV-51 runs off jet fuel and considering how fuel hungry they are stated to be, they can't be very ecofriendly
>>
What about black ox? It just constantly throws smog everywhere.
>>
File: aa6.jpg (478KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aa6.jpg
478KB, 1280x720px
literally produces radiation for offense and defense. so destructive it accidentally terraformed earth.

>They held power beyond normal understanding, and covered the world in filth.
>>
>>15626506
Getter Rays and Photonic Energy are perfectly clean, they can be lethal if you are exposed to them in concentration but they have no negative effect on the environment.
>>
>>15626519
>>15627147
NEXTs are even worse, since their by-product isn't just radioactive and toxic, it's also so corrosive that it can melt through matter at a visible rate.

The Answerer in particular has to be one of the most horrendously eco-unfriendly weapons platforms ever conceived, since it's spewing out so many particles that it can give several square miles of open desert the same particle density as the compacted indoor reactor room of a Kojima plant. It's like it's floating in a massive cloud of highly radioactive super acid.
>>
>>15627147
>>15627897
Yeah that game was kind of a weird ride because of this shit. You think it's all fun and games, and then suddenly the planet is a fucking wasteland.
>>
>>15627147
>>15627897
AC4 was about being eco-friendly in the end.
I still think it's a super cool concept to have robots produce that much pollution.
I remember a mission in 4 where you fight in Anatolia and you can't use PA because it would I'll everyone.
>>
>>15627240
>have no negative effect on the environment.
>getter rays literally devolve the ecosystem and destroy the Earth in Change GR.
>>
File: 9bec86d485f1e4953d642cbc74071f5c.jpg (231KB, 1024x1450px) Image search: [Google]
9bec86d485f1e4953d642cbc74071f5c.jpg
231KB, 1024x1450px
This one prevented some carbon emissions
>>
>>15627992
If you take too long or take too much damage your operator panics and enables your armor, basically pleading with you to hurry up before everyone fries. I loved all those alternate scripted moments in 4.
>>
>>15626482
MEGAS XLR...it has an entire episode where the solution is to put so many emmisions in the air it blocks sunlight and puts detroit in a mini ice age
>>
>>15627940
AC4 and 4A can get pretty fucked up
>wars of ethnic cleansing just off handedly mentioned near the beginning of 4
Like damn
>>
>>15628032
It's a shame that you have to actively try to do badly enough for that event to trigger, since it's a nice bit of gameplay integration of the affection your operator is developing that she disobeys orders and risks the whole colony in a desperate attempt to save you. The assault cells in the cradle mission in 4A were another good one.

>>15627940
> it's all fun and games
I mean, at no point was it really either of those things. Armored Core games are BLEAK. 4th gen just went from bad to worse.

>>15627992
NEXTs are conceptually pretty neat really. Each one is powerful and precise, basically a tactical missile strike that just keeps happening to whatever area it's in. They're tough for conventional forces to tag, and can take monstrous punishment even if they are hit (single stray NEXT rounds demolish entire buildings). But there are only maybe 40 or so people in the entire world capable of even operating one, so even bad pilots are in high demand because in a NEXT they're still a cut above anything else. Their power/propulsion/shield source is also so toxic that even brief exposure can salt the land and sustained use has actually killed off a few of their own pilots. They're incredibly rare and impractical, but so powerful as to render almost any other force meaningless. You *could* build a KP powered weapon, but it wouldn't have anything like the staying power due to lack of agility, and you *could* build an AMS controlled unit without KP power...it would just be an utter waste.

>>15628076
You do realise that when you bravely sallied forth to destroy Exavil you were demolishing a near-helpless civilian office building, right?

Really, any mission in that game is fucked up purely by virtue of your having a NEXT. There's unfair, and then there's fighting conventional forces while basically being a tinier, much faster Godzilla (nuclear allegory and all).
>>
Friendly reminder that Old King did nothing wrong, he was just speeding up the inevitable
>>
Wasn't one of the older mechs in 00 diesel powered?
>>
>>15626482
>>
Crimson Typhoon