[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delta regret

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 21

I was on the way home and going through my songs when I saw the first Walkure OST in my playlist. It's the first real OST I downloaded. I realized I hadn't listened to any Delta music since it ended so I figured I would put it on for a listen.

God why did this show have to drop the ball so hard? I was really pulling for Delta, defending it every week and I really saw the potential during the first episodes. But that second half is so fucking boring and turns to shit. Listening to those old songs really didn't help because I could really remember when certain scenes played x song and how much I liked it. Especially Axia.

And the worst part is that Delta isn't even bad for the things you'd think it'd be bad for, like too much focus on girls or plot armor or something. It just becomes so fucking boring and obviously poorly planned
>>
I can't even really be happy that the girl I liked won because of how much they shat all over the other girl to make it happen
>>
>>15625486
>obviously poorly planned
That's probably why we're already getting a new Macross series next year. They knew they dropped the ball.
>>
>>15625492
Furthermore, she'll croak upon hitting 30. That's a bigger deal breaker than anything.
>>
>>15625494
I mean, you're right but that's probably also because it's the 35th anniversary and they don't want another fuckup like 30
>>
>>15625492

Mirage wasn't even shat all over so much as flat out ignored most of the time. She might as well not have existed for much of the show.
>>
>>15625486
>God why did this show have to drop the ball so hard?
It didn't.
>>
The main problem with Delta was that they kept trying to push Windermere as sympathetic when in reality they were assholes.
>>
>>15625486
It never got good enough for me to feel bad about dropping it.

>>15625541
You'd think mecha shows would have learned their lesson after AGE
>>
>>15625541

This. I mean, holy shit, Windmere does such blatantly evil shit like enslaving people, putting the whole population of a planet into a coma and handing out 'aid' that will make it easier for them to mind control civilians. Yet the show keeps trying to make us think of them as 'poor and misunderstood with a noble goal (which happens to be conquering the galaxy)' while all I'm thinking is 'Wow, what a bunch of hypocritical douchebags'.

The worst part is that the creators have such a hard-on for Windmere that they let them get off scot free with all their bullshit. I'm sure there's some supplementary material out there that says that Windmere got to keep their independence and everyone in the star cluster (especially those people they mind controlled and mindfucked) all love them.
>>
>>15625541
OP here. That plot armor thing? Yeah, I've never seen it used so hard on antagonists as much as I have on the Windy fucks
>>
File: I ship it.jpg (54KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
I ship it.jpg
54KB, 640x720px
Windermere was at least 70% of my problems with the show

Bogue is still fun though and I'm slightly disappointed Bogue and Reina didn't become a thing
>>
LOL
>>
Walkure concert Bluray makes me very happy
>>
No matter how badly they botched the pacing, the thing I'm pissed at is walkure really only fought in the first episode.
They were shown controlling drones and actually doing stuff, but after that they were delegated to exclusively giving out song buffs.
>>
>>15625859
Yeah, I was getting hyped for another Macross 7 and then ended up with Frontier, but shittier in every way except the music
>>
>>15625486
I like how the ones who did quite literally everything, even killing the bad guy were the bad guys themselves while the Delta team just kept looking awkwardly at them
>>
>>15625846
I fucking hate this guy.

Like I could probably say "the entire second half of Delta can be personified in this goddamn pointless character"
>>
>>15625926
At least one can easily do Allahu Ackbar jokes with him.
>>
>>15625486
Kawamori just don't got it anymore
>>
>>15625965
I thought Kawamori fucked off to do his cyberpunk mecha thing halfway through Delta.
>>
>>15625492
>shat all over the other girl
Why has this been a thing since Aquarion Evol?
>>
>>15625965
OP here. Personally, I say No! I refuse to believe that! You know why? Because he made the prototype for Delta and it was legitimately better than anybody could have ever thought a futuristic guerilla idol group based on his love for the IRL idol group ever could have been. And it fucking worked (to an extent anyway). Absolutely nobody expected anything from this show and somehow it managed to work even if Aquarion Evol died to make it happen.

While the actual quality of the overall show is extremely debatable, I would never say that it wasn't fun to watch. And I believe that fun is still in there somewhere. Heck, it was there in the first half of Delta. It just got lost somewhere along the way

Final Stage literally never ;_;
>>
>>15626029
>Why has this been a thing since Macross 7?
Fixed.

Seriously. Think about it.
>>
>>15625965
I wish the nipjews would let him do that flight school/aerial acrobatics show he originally wanted to do before he had to shoehorn macross shit in.
>>
>>15626035
Didn't happen in Frontier or Zero because the runner up clearly never had a chance in either instance. No one "won" in 7, so I'm not sure what you're on about there either
>>
>>15626029
At least he somehow didn't pay attention to Logos, since that aspect was handled more reasonably there (even if Kokone lost). Poor Thunderbro though.
>>
>>15626049
>>At least he somehow didn't pay attention to Logos
Logos wasn't under him at all. Though nobody watched it
>>
>>15626035
I know /m/ hates Ranka, but her and Sheryl were pretty much drug through the dirt about the same amount near the end of the show. She just didn't win.
>>
File: 154175_back.jpg (117KB, 1000x702px) Image search: [Google]
154175_back.jpg
117KB, 1000x702px
You know what really hurts me about Delta? I was legitimately going to buy it. Cause it had english subs and all, I thought "okay now is the time to really support something I like". And just when BD1 was coming out was episode 14 I think which was the "the air is getting sucked out, let's sing also Hayate and Mirage have a weird out-of-place ecchi moment" and that was the first time I really thought "wow that episode really sucked" so I held off on it.

I mean, man, I really liked this show in the beginning.
>>
The first thirteen episodes are bulletproof.
>>
>>15626086
Then the rest of the show discovered bullets that could penetrate those episodes.
>>
The 1st cour was pretty solid, the rest not so much, even if it had it's moments. It's a shame because i really liked it.

>>15625541
The windies did receive too much focus
>>
>>15625486
except it didn't, Delta is obviously the best entry in the franchise, just take off your mouth and put it in a pickle jar
>>
>>15626095
second half could have used more action, but otherwise it was awesome
>>
II was unironically better.
>>
>/m/ said Walkure will die after their 2nd concert
>guest in Rock In Japan Festival on 8/6
>http://rijfes.jp/2017/artist

Walkure still be a thing for a while
>>
>>15627713
JUNNA and Minori Suzuki are performing at Anime Expo too.
>>
File: mirage 55.jpg (238KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
mirage 55.jpg
238KB, 1500x1500px
>>15625532

She certainly got it better than a certain other girl but still what's the point of giving her all that shit if you weren't gonna end up delivering on her own arc of needing to get good. It's not like it would have been hard to write.

>Im self conscious about my parents legacy and it makes me screw up
>Dangerous battle where friends are in a jam
>OH NO I DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE SELF CONSCIOUS AND IF I DON'T THINK ABOUT IT IM ACTUALLY A BADASS

That takes HALF an episode
>>
File: Mirage Haya.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mirage Haya.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
You know I don't think it would have even bugged me all that much if complete rookie Hayate didn't just magically turn into a Ace via a stupid magical buff. You have a character who's trying to git gud the hard why but then some asshole turns around and becomes better than everyone just because of magic.
>>
>>15625921
Wow, you're right! The protagonists are almost completely superfluous to the plot of their own show. That's got to be a first.

>>15627751
To be fair, the lack of a decent character arc or development was something that applied to most of the Delta good guy cast rather than Mirage alone. Look at Walkure, the (maybe) lesbians had most of their character development happen offscreen before the show even started while Mikumo plays the mysterious girl throughout most of the show and only shows an inkling of a personality like 5 minutes before she gets captured and turned into the enemy Macguffin. And did Hayate even have a character arc (or a character for that matter)? It's kind of telling how bad things are when the Delta character who got the most development was the one who died (Messer).

Too bad the writers were all too busy wanking off to Windmere than actually bothering to develop their cast.
>>
File: 1474828261344.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474828261344.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>Potentially awesome character
>Gets almost no character developement
>Has zero chance in the love story
>Doomed to be an extended extra
>Few scenes hint at what could have been like pic related

Atleast Freya was such a likeable and fun character that I can't help but be happy that she "won", but man did they waste Mirage.

Being a Miragefag sure was suffering
>>
>>15627836
>Atleast Freya was such a likeable and fun character

Not gonna like I got sick of retarded spasms really quickly
>>
>>15627713
I personally never said Walkure would die. On the contrary, I said at the end that "Walkure is probably going to be the only thing that remains after the series" as in, the anime and models part would be completely irrelevant to the actual successful part of it
>>
>>15628417
Aren't Delta's models actually doing pretty well sales wise?
>>
I still think Delta threads were fun though. The slow descent into realizing Mirage was at no point going to win must be seen to be believed.

It was like an even triangle waifu war where each side tossed shit at each other and then it started becoming clinging on to any sort of aspect that maybe, just maybe, she'll be relevant and have a chance this week. It's funny too because for like I remember for like most of the first part of the show, we were all wondering if Hayate was even into either of these girls or romance at all.

I think there was that episode where Hayate was in a coma and wakes up and she's the first one he sees. That was some serious bait there.
>>
>>15628431
And it's weird, because doing a love triangle thing where one of the members of the triangle has like three years left to live is the perfect excuse to have an OT3 end that isn't horseshit. If there was ever a Macross series where having both girls win made sense, it was this one. And instead they absolutely shaft one of the options almost immediately so that it's never even a contest.
>>
>>15628446
That has really been what happened ever since DYRL except for in 7 where they pretty much ignored the romance aspect altogether, thankfully. Why they even bother presenting it as a triangle when there's always a clear third wheel is beyond me
>>
>>15628446
>OT3 end ever happening ever.
>>
>>15628484
>Why they even bother presenting it as a triangle when there's always a clear third wheel is beyond me
Keeps people watching doesn't it?
>>
>>15625541
>>15625615
I think when you look at Windermere like the way people look at NUNS they become more sympathetic.
The Windermerian knights were basically like the NUNS and going around doing sketchy shit behind the peoples backs.
But I don't think any of the civilians were involved or in on it.
I mean Freya didn't know and I doubt her friends and family knew either.
>>
Strawpoll about the next macross series
https://strawpoll.com/ee5wcx5
>>
>>15625846
That note is nothing but speculation and makes no sense at all. It's just as likely to be Misa.
>>
>>15628744
It'll just be a mobile game/pachislot
>>
File: zess suffering.jpg (148KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
zess suffering.jpg
148KB, 1440x810px
>>15627836
>Being a Miragefag sure was suffering

could have been worse
>>
>>15628799
>could have been worse

Yeah we could have gotten a series about 5-year old Mirage lusting after a 6 year old Hayate without apple girl in the middle. We would have seen mini-mirage piloting model airplanes with Hayate. It would have ended better than what we actually got or not.
>>
>Hayate becomes a pilot because everyone sees how stylish he was in Battroid mode
>Spends the entire series almost always in Fighter mode

What was the fucking point?
>>
>>15628976
To get you hooked on the promise of high budget robot action before switching to the CG models that are cost less and take less effort to animate after you're already invested
>>
>>15628997
Why do people expect high budget robot action from a Macross TV show when literally all of them prior to Delta recycled footage like a motherfucker. That's what the movies are for.
>>
>>15629005
I don't remember Frontier having nearly as boring fights. I could be wrong.
>>
File: VF-171 macross.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VF-171 macross.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15629027
You don't remember gruntVF171_carriertakeoff.webm?
>>
>>15629005
>>15629032
But atleast that LOOKED cool and well animated. Delta had terrible animation and it all looked bladn and boring.
>>
File: macross delta scrub mode off.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
macross delta scrub mode off.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15629089
>delta had terrible animation
No.
It just reused animation sequences too much.
>>
>>15629097
Yes it DID have terrible animation.
It also did have good animation, but a lot of it looked bad. Especially the action scenes (with the exception of the Keith v Messer) looked extremely lack luster and fake compared to frontier.

Reusing animation is only part of the problerm.
>>
File: DrakenIII_transform.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
DrakenIII_transform.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>15629107
I can't recall any sequence looking fake compared to Frontier's action sequences.
>>
>>15629112
ok
>>
The big problem was that everything was shallow. The combat was shallow, the windy plot was shallow, the love triangle was shallow, even the idols were shallow.
There were simply too many things to do and the end result was a botched mess because of poor direction.
>>
>>15628739
Last I remember, the NUNS didn't go around brainwashing entire planets into being their slaves and never actually nuked anyone who didn't try bringing destruction to the galaxy.

The only sketchy thing they did was using their nuke on the protoculture relics because the Windies wanted to use to take control of planets and nuking their home planet and that while extreme was actually justified when we discover what those chucklefucks wanted with the tech
>>
>>15627836

From observation, the more someone likes Freyja, the better they're inclined to view Delta as a whole. Presumably because it's her show by and large. Not that there's a 100% correlation or anything, just as a general observation. I suppose that's probably true of a several Macross shows though, since your enjoyment of 7 and Frontier at least correlates pretty well how much you like Basara or either Ranka or Sheryl too. Personally I liked Freyja at the start but got tired of her after about 6 episodes. She was okay, but i preferred just about everyone else in the cast after a while. Well, besides the Windermereans, who were pretty bland and tiresome on the whole.

>>15628541

Does it? Just because there's always a veneer of love triangle drama and because the shows always attract viewers doesn't mean the first is what's responsible for the second.

>>15628739

The difference is that NUNS is generally just a background element, something the plot keeps in mind but never at the forefront while the Aerial Knights were front and centre all show, so any reprehensible behaviour they indulge in has far more direct impact on a viewer's perception that for the characters.
>>
>>15629369
>Does it?
Yes they are. They're considered essential to the franchise after all
>>
>>15629398

I know they're considered essential, but that doesn't mean people tune is specifically because of it. Especially when most entries only superficially have one, and it's obvious from the jump where it's going and one leg is left to waste for the entire show. It happened in Plus, 7, Zero, Frontier and Delta at least and arguably in the original as well.
>>
>>15625486
>>15625492
stop trying to justify this piece of shit

>>15625701
lesbian

>>15625846
another random char without any beginning or end, yay

>>15627836
no doubt the best character in the series, albeit the series is still shit

>>15627766
magic piloting was one of the most retarded things if not the worst
>>
>>15629549
>stop trying to justify this piece of shit
But I just criticized it
>>
>>15629573
No no, you have to TOTALLY HATE THIS or the autismos on /m/ go berserk.
>>
I bet that Delta's love triangle would have been far more interesting if LITERALLY ANYONE replaced mirage in said triangle.

Even Mikumo.
>>
>>15629865
It would have also been more interesting if anyone replaced Freyja. Neither of those two bitches had a good dynamic with Hayato; it was starting to feel like generic haremshit at times when there was clear interest from both of them but neither of them did literally anything about it.

The only reason I even tolerated Frontier having more focus on the romance aspect is because Sheryl was aggressively staking her claim on Alto from the start. It was nice
>>
i just want a macross series where the triangle has a lesbian resolution.

>meltran idoru. sings metal in macro, and jpop in micro
>female pilot, valk, likes the idoru for her metal songs
>male pilot, zent power armor, likes the idoru for the jpop.
>>
File: 16.png (45KB, 514x205px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
45KB, 514x205px
>>15627733
>guest in Rock In Japan Festival on 8/6
That list of guests is so big it's probably impossible to not get invited.

>>15627733
>JUNNA and Minori Suzuki are performing at Anime Expo
Even WUGs are performing there and that anime probably never got more than 30 posts in a single thread on /a/. Still they managed to bring all of their girls unlike Walkures. And everyone will ignore them and go for IM@S and aqwhores anyway.

Also today is release date of JUNNA's 1st album and it's currently having pathetic #16 in oricon rank. Can't even find it on usual torrent/dl sites probably because no one bought it.
>>
>>15625500
Brings new meaning to 'trade her in for a new model with less years on the clock'
>>
>>15629886
I think they had a fantastic relationship during the first like, 8 or so episodes when they felt like a team supporting each other but once the romantic feelings got into full bloom, then the dynamic started to go down
>>
Windermere apologia and NUNS being evil AND jobbing was the worst.

Solo Wing Mirage never, feels bad.
>>
>>15629865

I doubt it, because the problem was less Mirage herself and more that the show just flat out didn't want her to get anywhere, which would be a problem regardless of who you dropped in to her slot. She was fairly passive about her attraction, but almost the entire protagonist cast was passive. Which was doubly a problem because Hayate was blind. I'm with >>15629886 and think the cast/triangle needed someone like Sheryl, who was very upfront and aggressive in romance. Ranka had to be forward because Sheryl was forward, and Alto quickly noticed her attraction even if he didn't want to return it at first. Delta needed someone that direct to enliven the triangle.
>>
>>15630005
The Macross curse strikes again.
>>
Macross is ded
>>
>>15630632

You didn't even have to have an overt triangle. Maybe Mirage just kind of blushes now and again around the guy and that's the end of it and she focuses on her own shit.

I heard they where forced to add the triangle by sponsors but even if that's true it really doesn't excuse overtly poor character writing
>>
>>15631032
Wait until Macross 35 before saying that anon
>>
File: MUH WIND.jpg (168KB, 850x837px) Image search: [Google]
MUH WIND.jpg
168KB, 850x837px
>>
>>15631278

Apparently Kawamori always considers dropping one aspect but the sponsors demand he include all three big aspects of Macross (space planes, love triangle & music). He says as much in one of his interviews with Ollie Barder for Forbes (https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/05/28/shoji-kawamori-on-macross-delta-and-his-hopes-for-the-series/#157d15532328). I imagine he's most likely to drop the love triangle, since he seems to love mechs and music too much to drop them. Plus, most entries only have a rather superficial attempt at a love triangle, so he's only included it in name only a lot of the time, lending credence to the idea.
>>
I'm hoping with the new Macross TV that Kawamori takes more of background role because I really don't want to watch another series with him in a leading position after his last few series and especially Delta.

I think Next is coming out next year as well so maybe Kawamori will be too busy with that to do serious work on the new Macross.
>>
Windermere ruined everything in this show. Not even kidding.
>>
>>15632160
I'll be happy as long as he keeps doing the VF designs.
>>
>>15632160
I love this "Kawamori should just leave franchise" meme. It already happened with Aquarion. Some people here hate EVOL so much they pretend Logos was good, but in reality it was ultimately boring and uninspiring anime. And it's undeniable fact that literally no one gave a single fuck about Aquarion without Kawamori. Dead threads both on /m/ and /a/, zero sales in Japan.

They should just find better writer and better main director. Those faggots are responsible for a lots of shit in Delta. Like for example shitty "feels good" love triangle which pissed off both fans and haters of love triangles.
Ditch politics, they suck at it, and go back to something simple like bugs and alien attacks.
Get bigger budget. This franchise prints money yet they can't afford to draw prper fights. I'm currently watching Satelight's Shuumatsu, it's a generic LN adaptation but it often looks better than Delta.
And find better costume designer. No one ever mentions it but Walkure's costumes sucked hard (except for the the ones in final episode).

PS: JUNNA's new album https://nyaa.si/view/932695
>>
>>15632579
>Those faggots are responsible for a lots of shit in Delta. Like for example shitty "feels good" love triangle which pissed off both fans and haters of love triangles.
Bullshit, its always the same excuse, in EVOL we had that absurd love cube and the blame was put only on Okada and now with Delta we had a fucking remix of that bullshit love triangle and you still try to shift the blame on everyone else.

Logos wasn't a great anime but it was still a step up after the turd that was Evol, the main cahracters themselves were more fun and had actual development instead of just screaming about each other
>>
>>15632579
>so much they pretend Logos was good

Logos WAS good, faggot.

> but in reality it was ultimately boring and uninspiring anime.

If you know another mecha anime about the kanji alphabet coming to life Id like to see it

Kawamori's a hack
>>
>>15632579
>no one gave a single fuck about Aquarion without Kawamori
That won't stop the pachinko players from using Aquarion machines.
>>
>>15632673
Aquarion EVOL machines. I bet they planned to use Logos as material for their future pachinkos, but instead it flopped so hard they just re-released EVOL machines again.

>>15632629
>in EVOL we had that absurd love cube and the blame was put only on Okada
The blame was mostly only for Zessica suffering. Besides Okada was really popular back then so people really liked to scream her name. And people were generally mad that their favourite girl lost. But in terms of dynamics the love triangle was good. Mikono was shit, but she was supported by unmei bullshit. Amata didn't care about Zessica, but she was giving hope to viewers simply by being the best girl. So it felt more fair than Delta's triangle where Freyja was both better girl and had unmei bullshit.
>>
>>15632693
>But in terms of dynamics the love triangle was good
Did you actually fucking watch the show? SHe was literally useless and nearly killed the MC when she stopped him from killing his evil clone, also she could do was stand around being awkward while the MC could only think about her, fuck literally everything else, the only thing that mattered is her.

Do you also have any source on the pachinko shit or are you talking out of your ass again? You're the only one who can look at that barely coherent turd and somehow think its good, I also do not give a single fuck about Zessica, I liked Mixy

Logos was a fun and honest anime with pretty well defined love triangles that didn't destroy everything else for the sake of pushing a bullshit love triangle like both Evol and Delta did, both anime that your dear Kawamori directed
>>
>>15632579
> Shuumatsu, it's a generic LN adaptation but it often looks better than Delta
Right, let's see what this one is abo--
>nearly every human is dead
>last one has to be the caretaker for a group of little girls
>said little girls are actually weapons used to fight the monsters that threaten the other races
>that full title
I didn't ask for those feels.
>>
>>15632633

I'm tempted to reply that Logos was passable at best, but I had to drop it one or two episodes into second season.
>>
>>15632737

And yeah, with Delta i wasn't even hooked by the first episode.

Probably both are good but with some peculiar goodness, like goodness of a bland food.
>>
>>15632737
>, but I had to drop it one or two episodes into second season.

Id reconsider that because the second half is fucking nuts.
>>
>>15632707
>She was literally useless [...] while the MC could only think about her
That was the whole point of my post. In EVOL one girl got "usefulness", other got affection of MC. In Delta Freyja got BOTH. In EVOL people were cheering for Zessica almost to the very end. And after Amata rejected her they introduced possible hints for Zessica x Kagura. In Delta Miragefags gave up really early.

>Do you also have any source on the pachinko shit or are you talking out of your ass again?
Sankyo's (Satelight's parent company) financial reports:
http://www.sankyo-fever.co.jp/corporate/modify/tool/03/explanation20160512.pdf
http://www.sankyo-fever.co.jp/corporate/modify/tool/03/explanation20170517.pdf
>Fever Aquarion EVOL (Dec-15) 14,600
>Fever Aquarion EVOL Y (Jul-16) 5,500
>Choipachi Aquarion EVOL 39 (Jul-16) --
No Logos. Instead they released 3 new EVOL pachinkos after Logos. Also even in 2016 EVOL is somehow still in their top 10 most selling machines losing only to monsters like eva, gundam and macross. Maybe we will get another Aquarion in distant future.
>>
>>15632748
Freyja was really not that useful
She did very little

>muh song buff
Probably would have worked just as well without her. Not to mention its debateable effects and Hayate being a decent pilot descended from another decent pilot anyway
>>
File: getgood.jpg (57KB, 424x437px) Image search: [Google]
getgood.jpg
57KB, 424x437px
>>15627766
I wish they showed off more of Mirage's cheeky side
>>
>>15632758
>Probably would have worked just as well without her

Honestly I think the series would have been better without that.
>>
File: pachinko.png (13KB, 267x356px) Image search: [Google]
pachinko.png
13KB, 267x356px
>>15632748
>http://www.sankyo-fever.co.jp/corporate/modify/tool/03/explanation20170517.pdf
>Both the pachinko market and the pachislot market shrank about 20% year on year.
>Operating Income: 5,059 million yen (-73.1% year on year)
Pachinko is dying.
Without pachinko your favourite anime will die too.
>>
>>15632786
Do you want to know who to thanks for that? Konami they were one of companies lobbying to pass a bunch of laws against pachinko for some reason
>>
>>15632786
>>15632836

They probably got tired of getting pushed around by the mob.
>>
>>15625486

I really want there to be a couple of Delta retelling movies like Frontier got, because its the only way I can see Delta being saved now.

Its tragic, really. Delta had a lot of promise at the beginning. I like so many parts of it. But the end result is garbage.

Its like going to your favorite eatery and seeing a new item on the menu. The description is full of a bunch of different ingredients you like, and you think this will be pretty good so you give it a try.

And what you get is so bad it makes you want to throw up. At first you think that maybe its just appealing to a different taste than yours, but no. No, on a second forkful it becomes apparent that the chef just royally fucked up this dish somehow. Low quality ingredients, undercooked in some parts while burned in others... its just BAD.

I want to see what the meal could have tasted like if it wasn't done so poorly. Because I still think that meal can work, if you do it fucking competently.
>>
>>15629032
Am I the only person who actually liked the way they made the flight decks on Frontier.
>>
>>15629573
It's objective shit, there is no half shit.
>>
>>15632762
The whole thing with song buff was pointless because the idea was never explored. It's very much unlike Frontier where fold waves were introduced and allowed to be explored by the girls. In Delta the Freyja's plot points got undercut by Windermere bullshit.
>>
>>15625486
Well, the movie retelling has its way cut out for it.
take the first half, cut out and rewrite the second one. Just make Windies straight villains, push the triangle more, throw in more Protoculture mythology,...

Frontier also had a long shitty part the flat out rewrote from the ground up in the movies.
>>
>>15636138
>Frontier also had a long shitty part the flat out rewrote from the ground up in the movies.
How did they fix Ranka in Frontier? Write her out entirely?
>>
>>15636159
/m/ oversells how annoying Ranka is. She contributed to the story just fine.
>>
>>15636138
>push the triangle more

You don't even have to do that. Just give Mirage her own little arc where she learns not to get in her own way and maybe have a slight crush but ultimately push for the other two Her arc would be perfect for a movie length story because it's not really that hard to do and stretching it over a series just does more harm.

If you really want you can maybe do a post credits thing where she and Hayate hook up many years down the road after Freya dies due to shitty Windy dna
>>
>>15636176
>/m/ oversells
I thought Ranka was an enormous piece of shit long before I ever knew /m/'s views on Frontier. I think that most people would come to that conclusion.
>>
>>15636176
No one disputes Ranka's role in the story
We just think she's a faggot. But she didn't win so it's okay

>>15636199
If anything, given how turbopandering Delta feels, I'd actually put money on Mirage winning over Freyja in the movies just to satisfy the other waifufaggots
>>
>>15636204
I didn't mind Ranka. On the scale of retarded Macross heroines, she's really not bad.
Minmei and Myung are far worse.
>>
>>15636219
>implying Macross hasn't been turbopandering: the show since 1982
>>
>>15636220
>Minmei and Myung are far worse.
I don't know about Myung, but Minmei from what I remember at least had the intelligence to recognize when she had failed. Ranka in the TV series just waltzes in and acts like she's still relevant and in the running.
>>
>>15636220

The only thing Myung did was not want to deal with Isamu who let's be fair is a TREMENDOUS ASSHOLE.
>>
>>15636222
Oh sure. Difference is that Delta went all in with the idol/cocktease anime romance aspect to a degree that not even its predecessors went to. Not to mention there's probably a lot of unsold Mirage merchandise due to how useless she was, so Kawamori can kill two birds with one stone by making her the winner of the movies
>>
>>15636159
They made Ranka act the way the setting and peers dictate.
>>
>>15636260
The reason for the unsold Mirage merchandise is that people just didn't give a shit about her, even if she won the love triangle it wouldn't help her popularity.
>>
>>15636106
Also differently from Frontier the songs just make the pilots inhumanly good while in Frontier it just confused the Vajra allowing the pilots to do their own thing
>>
>>15636825

I thought Sheryl's singing buffed Alto's machine through fold quartz, allowing it to go faster and react quicker. Alto still needed to be skilled enough to take advantage of the increased performance but I recall there being a colored trail to his machine indicating song buff. The difference in Delta is that Hayate seems to use the buff as a crutch much of the time. He only passes his flight trial in the early show because he hears Freyja's song, falling out of the sky till that point, he only beats Keith because of it at the half way point, since he lost easily only a few episodes earlier with no apparent improvement in skill to account for the difference and even late in the show he's depending on it to keep up with Windermerean aces.

It is a slightly unfair comparison, at least late show, because Windermereans are more physically able than humans, so it's easy to argue he should or would need it to nullify that difference, but it's still a fault in setup that external help is nessecary to maintain his relevance in combat. More than that though, the show really needed to establish he had skill without it after a while but was boosted beyond with it, like Messer and Var/Kaname boosting him. The idea of a pilot needing to work with a singer to overcome is good in theory, but it needs to be executed in a certain way to work for many people, and failing to establish any real skill on Hayate's part in favour of constant song buffs doesn't do that for most people by the looks of things.
>>
>>15636923
The trail was just him relaying the song, Evil Jesus didn't give chase because he started hearing Ranka and that messed with his brainwashing thing, same with the Vajra who started fighting agains it in the movie and started to become simply confused during the tv show, Alto never became magically better because of songs, he was simply a really good pilot who learned fast, in the first or second episode it had Michel talking about how he kept increasing the difficulty of the simlator and Alto kept catching up to the point where he was using settings few people managed to
>>
>>15636923
>It is a slightly unfair comparison, at least late show, because Windermereans are more physically able than humans
Its not really unfair when Alto had to contend with Brera who was a cyborg made to use a really advanced machine and he could still keep up with him even before the movie
>>
>>15636923
Sheryl's songs don't buff Alto until the end of the show. Before hand all really do is keep him focused and allow him to tap into the vajra network, it doesn't increase his skills as pilot.
>>
Windies should not have been as OP as they were. Or at least Messer shouldn't have died as early as he did
>>
>>15637050
This. Alto was always at a disadvantage with Brera in fact that's true for all Macross pilots. They're always at a disadvantage against their enemies. Hayate sucks because he's just a shit pilot.
>>
>>15637106
I don't think Basara was ever at a disadvantage.
>>
>>15637962
He started off with one when he didn't have all the cool shit that the military gave him and the backup of his whole band. The Protodevlin were able to just go away before then, his song was too weak

Max was the one who was never once at a disadvantage
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.