[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's been 10 years, so how well does /m/ think it holds up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: Transformers07.jpg (131KB, 300x421px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers07.jpg
131KB, 300x421px
it's been 10 years, so how well does /m/ think it holds up?
>>
>>15625108
I still think the original movie was fun. The sequels not so much.

As a franchise, though, it only serves as a way for Paramount to drown their sorrows in a pile of money.
>>
Honestly going back to the first, I don't like it much. I appreciate it for being a genuine effort to make a live action tf movie, but it basically made it ok for the sequels to follow the trend of focusing more on humans than the robots. I didn't mind it in the first in order to establish characters, but since the cast gets sucked around to a degree in each subsequent movie it made it pointless.

I prefer the 3rd movie desu with it being a sort of recreation of a g1 3-parter (the ultimate doom). It also had some ideas that could have had potential (like some humans working with the Decepticons by choice) but of course none of them are fleshed out even though the movies are some of the longest summer blockbusters that release.
>>
>>15625108
Perfectly. It's still trash.
>>
>>15625117
Cast gets shuffled around**
>>
I didn't hate the transformer's designs. Megatron can go fuck himself but I mostly liked the majority of the others. Then they ruined it in 4.
>>
>>15625108
The black guy's antics have stuck with me. The DDR, the donuts. Also Barricade is the best.
>>
>>15625108
I'm glad Shia Lebouf got killed off
>>
>>15625108
Starscream is literally the only thing I like about it.

...and Megan Fox.
>>
>>15625119
>Perfectly. It's still great
ftfy
>>
>>15625108
Honestly, it was a fun and charismatic ride. That's all it intended to be and it succeeded. I find that pretty impressive considering their source material is an autistic toy commercial. Aside from the cheap layuo of having Optimus saying le epic shit in dramatic Optimus voice, they really had to try to sell the thing on their own.

It isn't often that you see a property like Transformers not completely shit the bed during an attempt like this. It may have happened later but not for the first one.
>>
>>15625108

Best thing to come out of this movie, is the Transformers ride at Universals.
>>
>>15625377
The publicity stunt of putting a big robot crater on one of the buildings by I4 was pretty cool.
>>
>>15625291
I fucking hate Megan Fox
Call me gay or whatever but I don't think she's hot, she's got the generic Hollywood face and body that you would find in every talentless Hollywood actress
And she can't act for shit
>>
>oh Boi look a trailer for the newest movie
>IMMA GIRL I FIGHT LIKE A GIRL LOOK AT ME IMMA GIRL
>a group or literal children fighting alien death machines with "wit" and "courage" and whatever
Having too much focus on the humans is one thing, now I actually want to watch these brats get torn to pieces by one of the twenty inevitable explosions.
Oh and grimlock became a huge metallic retarded dog, who asked for this?
>>
>>15625108
It's funny how Michael Bay's Transformers movies are exactly like the Transformer designs in his movies:

Cluttered and they all look the same
>>
TF1 with the character designs of the 4th/5th movie would objectively be the best movie.

4th movie is only good for the auralnauts video. If what I heard about TLK on /toy/ is true then it'll probably be somewhere between 3 and 4.
>>
>>15625460
that last one was a lot more chinky than the others
>>
File: 6dae6af9d9475aae46197d9f6b704f28.jpg (409KB, 1650x1763px) Image search: [Google]
6dae6af9d9475aae46197d9f6b704f28.jpg
409KB, 1650x1763px
>>15625481
>character designs of the 4th
Are you shitting me? 4s designs were absolute garbage. He doesn't even look like he transforms into anything, especially not a bulky semi.
>>
>>15625434
She isn't hot, she never was. There are far more attractive women that can act and could have fitted the role better.
>>
>>15625434
>>15625606
t. tumbler whales ho!

you lot are all for women, until one of you becomes successful
>>
>>15625108
>it's been 10 years, so how well does /m/ think it holds up?

The original is a funny coming of age tale, the sequels are shit though.
>>
>>15625629
I liked the secound one, if only becuese I'm a massive Jetfire nerd.

that being Said it still pisses me off Jetfire was wasted with such a small Role.
>>
1&4 are decent if you wanna put something on for background noise
2,3, & probably 5 are crap only a Chinaman could love
>>
>>15625616
Bruh Megan Fox is about as natural as Lady from Cobra.
I can't fap to that
>>
I think the first two are extremely obnoxious and a lot more focused on comedy than a lot of people realize. The problem is, they really just aren't funny.
I at least appreciated the back story and motivations for the bots getting more screen time in the later two movies. I don't know if the next one will follow suit though.
>>
That portion of the second movie, where Shia is transporting the matrix powder to Optimus, is so fucking agonizing. It feels like it's an hour long in itself.
>>
I was 14 when it came out, so of course I liked big dumb loud robot action.

Nowadays, it's a fucking ordeal to get through. The jokes are dumb, the action is chaotic and impossible to follow, and it's too goddamn long for what it is. I never bothered with the sequels and everything I've heard about them tells me they just get worse as they go about all of that.
>>
>>15625616
She just seems like kind of a bitch. And not just her character, you could tell she didn't give two shits about the movie and just wanted a check.
>>
>>15625108
The first one isn't bad, overall pretty decent, if mindless. The problem comes that the sequels didn't take that idea anywhere. It's just the same movie over and over
>>
It's incredibly contentious, but perhaps the only serviceable film in a franchise marked by controversy, repetition and the occasional bouts of apathy and active hatred towards Transformers that Bay sometimes slips into every now and then.

I still think Blackout's assault on the FOB and the entire sequence involving Scorponok - barring that irksome call center sequence - were very well done, so there's that, I guess.
>>
>>15625108
It's a rare movie in that it has held up perfectly well. It is exactly the same type and quality of movie now that it was ten years ago. The problem is that type and quality of movie are both kind of cheap trash, and it set a trend for a few years of other people making cheap trash action movies like Battleship, to try and emulate its success in much the same way that everyone is trying to be Marvel now. I guess I can't hold that against the movie, since like I just said, Hollywood is always trend-chasing, but the Transformers trend was particularly obnoxious.

That said, if you released Transformers 1 today, it would probably garner exactly the same response that it did then, so again, it's held up perfectly well for that genre.

>>15625291
I thought the girl in the third movie was hotter than Megan Fox. I think a lot of Hollywood girls are hotter than Megan Fox, or at least are comparably hot such that it's just a difference of tastes between them.

Moreover, I'm not going to have my enjoyment of the movie improved by Megan Fox. It's not like I'm going to whip my dick out right there in the theater and jack off to her. If there's a hot girl in the movie, okay, that's nice, but I absolutely don't get people who go "ohhhhh shit, Megan Fox is in the movie, she's hot!", and that makes them want to go see the movie. And I know these people exist because my dad is one.

>>15625117
The third movie has a few bits I kind of like. For instance, early on in the movie they have a Star Trek episode on and it's Amok Time, the episode where Spock goes berserk. That's a joke I can appreciate. However, it also took that one moment of Optimus being crazy violent in the second movie and ran with it to fully turn him into Murderhobo Prime, which is terrible.
>>
The first movie is just as fucking trash as the rest. Stop kidding yourselves.
>>
>>15626621
There was a definite drop in quality after the first one. That's not because the first one was a good movie, it's because the sequels really are that awful. It's amazing how bad Revenge of the Fallen in particular is.
>>
>>15626573
>Blackout's assault
Opening & SOCCENT attack were great moodsetters. A little more consistency would have done wonders since there are already good stuff scattered throughout the movie. It all went downhill with ROTF.
>>
>>15626573
On the other hand it established that US military weapons could kill Transformers with HEAT rounds, which kind of fucks the premise over. A group of eight to twenty Decepticons aren't much of a threat if normal weapons are totally effective on them. For them to stay any kind of danger, you need a big big army of them, which is why suddenly there are hundreds of nameless Decepticons attacking at once in Egypt and none of them have any kind of characterization. But there aren't hundreds of nameless Autobots, so how were the Autobots beating the Decepticons before? It ends up really fucking with the story and making a mess of the action, all because of Bay's military boner.
>>
>>15625365
>this entire post
>autistic toy commercial
I, what?
>>
>>15627605

Weren't the Decepticons winning? Not that you'd know from how frequently they got their asses kicked ROTF onwards.

But HEAT aside, the first film's sequences also serve to highlight the faults of its successors. Yes, regular weaponry did work, and perhaps it was a little inconsistent, but as Scorponok and Brawl showed, they were implacable, robust monsters who could soak up a ton of punishment. Scorponok alone absorbed GAU-8 bursts, Mavericks, Bofors rounds and howitzer shells, and after all that he only lost his tail. Likewise, Brawl just kept getting back up and fighting until Ironhide put him down.

Then, come ROTF, a handful of soldiers, tanks and a couple planes can kill just about anything.
>>
>>15625453
>Oh and grimlock became a huge metallic retarded dog, who asked for this?
Nigga ye ever seen G1? Go and watch the '86 movie and see how he interacts with Kup he's pretty much the same there only he talks too.
>>
My sole interaction with Transformers has been secondhand information, flipping through a few comic books, and making the mistakes of watching Bayformers 1 and 2. Comics were a better use of my time by far.

They weren't funny, they had too many humans, they had too few robots, 1 had the only half-decent action and it only went downhill from there, and I can't stand Megan Fox. I don't care if she's got a bod, her character in the movie and IRL repulses me.
>>
>>15625108
>10 years since bay movie
>still have not seen it

You'd think someone who was a hardcore fan as a kid would have been there opening weekend.
>>
>>15625108
I didn't like it when I saw it in theaters so I doubt I'd start liking it now. That being said at least this one knew not to be like three fucking hours long despite having absolutely nothing to justify the length.
>>
>>15626621
Agreed. Any bit with Sam's parents just suck all joy out of the movies. I have every reason to have nostalgia for that first movie and I still hate it. (Revenge of the Fallen is worse, but I think the proceeding films take a step up).
>>
>>15627605
>hundreds of nameless Decepticons attacking at once in Egypt and none of them have any kind of characterization
There's also doubles of random decepticons thought to have been unique characters like scorponok and the constructicons.
>>
>>15625108
It was a fun but forgettable family film. The sequels are all absolute garbage.
>>
>>15625453
Isabella was basically irrelevant for the whole middle of the film and the other kids were out of the picture very early on.
>>
>>15625108
I'd like watching the military fight the deceptions more than watching the autobots.
>>
>>15628597
Huh? There were Scorponok doubles? I heard the one in ROTF was the same one from the first film.
>>
>>15625108
It's okay.

I'd rather have Mark Wahlberg than Shia LeBeouf though.
>>
>>15625602
Everyone except Optimus and Bumblebee had a cool design. Better than most of the early movie Autobots.Even Optmus isn't a bad design, it's just ill fitting.
>>
>>15625108
Sequels are awesome, will definitely watch Last Knight to trigger whiny internet snobs.
>>
File: 1463367524260.jpg (3MB, 4923x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1463367524260.jpg
3MB, 4923x5000px
It baffles me that they still haven't pieced together people want to watch the ROBOTS, not whatever shit drama is going on with the humans. I thought it was getting a little bit better in that regard for 3, but then 4 just turned on a dime and had like 2 actual fights the entire movie.
>>
>>15626372
You can sort of follow and see the action in 4, probably 5 too. He eased up on the quick cuts.

Sequels aren't exactly much worse, they are just the exact same movie over and over with minor tweaks and no lessons learned.
>>
/m/ were you MASTURBATING in there????
>>
>>15633363
No, but apparently a lot of people were to Megan Fox.
>>
File: wtfamilookingat.gif (1MB, 400x211px) Image search: [Google]
wtfamilookingat.gif
1MB, 400x211px
>>15625108
not sure about it, but it does give some unspeakable shits to children, for some reason.
> head to someone's unit through lift, for stuffs.
> going up, after certain floor; stop & lift door open
> parents, grand parent & a child get in
> 'bla bla bla the kid is really naughty in class bla bla bla' by the parents talk while the kid bear hug the mother's leg
> suddenly the kid humping mother's leg
> (holy fuck kids nowadays.webm ; facepalm.webm) internally
> parents scolded kid for doing that, with bashful reaction
> when they leave, the children's bag have Bayformers picture on it
> Wheelie Humping Leg scene sudden flash into mind
> tfw

I really don't even.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.