[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

File: Sidonia-no-Kishi.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sidonia-no-Kishi.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
Why the hate?
>>
>>15624382
Interesting concepts are underused in the place of harem antics that aren't even that good.
>>
>>15624383
>Interesting concepts are underused in the place of harem antics that aren't even that good.

And I thought is was the shitty CGI?
>>
The ending
>>
hoshijiro is best girl

i hope there's more to the anime tho
>>
>>15624393
>hoshijiro
>girl
>>
I enjoyed it, CGI and all. It also helped that I didn't read the manga before watching the anime, so it felt like a fresh/blind experience.[

And I still like how the anime handled things even after reading most of the manga.
>>
>>15624394
>hoshijiro
>alive
>>
>>15624403
it's one of those parts that made it less enjoyable for me also. don't fucking kill what are obvious main chars you stupid shits.
>>
>>15624383
>Interesting concepts are underused in the place of harem antics that aren't even that good.
Fucking this.

>>15624400
I didn't read the manga before watching the anime either and I still felt it was a lot of wasted potential.
And then I went and read the manga hoping maybe it was any better. Spoilers: It fucking wasn't.
>>
It was okay but the poorly worked out harem shit really dropped it down a few levels. I liked the robots and the aliens were well done but when the action wasn't happening it was a slog of poor characterisation and tropes I thought we knew to avoid by now. Strangely enough I thought the CGI was okay, certainly not nearly as offensive as others.
>show goes to explain how people photosynthesize as a means to gather energy on a cramped space station that otherwise couldn't support this many people
>it's just a shitty excuse to have the MC walk in on naked girls
Fuck off.
>>
File: Screenshot (536).png (630KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (536).png
630KB, 1366x768px
>>15624420
>yfw no cuddly kodiak bear dorm mom
>>
>>15624424
The bear ended up being one of the most likable and believable characters in the show somehow. I don't know if that was just happenstance or a testament to the genuine albeit frequently misplaced skill of the writers.
>>
>>15624425
>The bear ended up being one of the most likable and believable characters in the show somehow.

true.
>>
It went way down a little after Tsumugi's introduction. Suddenly it became Tsumugi's Cinderella/Pinocchio story, with her hogging the spotlight from other more interesting characters, which now that i think off Tsumugi is really close to a mary sue, and with the harem elements being increased.
Also the final part of the manga. I know Nihei doesnt really explain stuff but he had so many things to expand upon but suddenly he increased the pacing and suddenly ended it with a shit ending which really feels like he suddenly just got bored of it and sloppily threw together an ending.
>>
File: heal thyself.png (296KB, 950x722px) Image search: [Google]
heal thyself.png
296KB, 950x722px
>>15624424

>no cuddly kodiak bear dorm mom
>>
Because muh CGI is ruining Anna May and they should go back to doing things the way they used to, with stone tablets and dye made from flowers and shit, and only studio trigger can save Anna May now and le disappoint japanese anime director grandpa.
Also, it probably wasn't as feminist of a show as attack on titan.
>>
>>15624382
>Why the hate?

For one : the ending of the manga is crapstatic.
For two : the anime on the other hand was good UNTIL the powers that be decided to go full retard harem with a talking penis.
I think it's too late do correct the damage even if a third season is ever greenlit.
>>
>>15624382
Tsumugi was a good character idea, but suddenly the story changed direction and kept becoming more and more shallow. Developments with Tsumugi were cringy and unpleasant. A ruined masterpiece.
>>
>>15624383

Wish it had expanded on its Solaris-esque aspects like gauna recreating Hanuka to point it didn't realize itself being a clone for a while.
>>
>>15624382
Izana didn't win.
>>
>>15624482
>Izana didn't win.

Don't forget her female friend got a sex change.
What a fucking waste of a character.
>>
>>15624490
>One character can change sex
>The non sex change female changes sex
I just don't even
>>
>>15624382
Waifu fags gonna waifu fag and shit everything that does not happen exactly as they want
>>
>>15624383
>>15624458
>>15624490
>>15624454
>>15624462
Something tells me Nihei doesn't even want to write plot at all. Or dialogue, even.
>>
>>15624524
can you blame! him?
>>
File: Norio Kunato.jpg (41KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Norio Kunato.jpg
41KB, 1000x563px
I've seen my fair share of anime and this cunt is probably my #1 most unlikeable character ever.
>>
>>15624382

Manga ending was a complete shitbag.........
>>
>>15624383
>Interesting concepts
All none of them.

>>15624615
>......
Neck yourself.
>>
>>15624382
kabazashi spears are definitely EVANGELION spear of longinus inspired.
>>
>>15624636
>All none of them.

>PS to deal with food shortage
>change sex depending on need
>aliens absorb and assimilate foreign biological matter to learn and adapt
>immortal shadow government

sounds breddy ebin to me friend. the execution sucks maybe but that just my tast ein visual effects...
>>
>>15624382

They killed Tsumugi.
>>
Ignoring the animation, it's just kind of wasted potential.

Nihei is really good at -concepts-. He can form an interesting setting that uses a lot of neat ideas, but he has no idea how to build a good, engaging story out of all of it. The manga has an interesting start, but a really bad slump in the middle where it starts being "haremshit in space" that it never really recovers from and ends on a kind of flat, unsatisfying note where it's clear Nihei was getting tired of writing it and wanted it to end quickly. The anime is a -little- better, but if they do a season 3, it's where the big slump hits its worst points.
>>
>>15624809
>The anime is a -little- better, but if they do a season 3, it's where the big slump hits its worst points.

Wait, they didn't hit the big slump yet? The anime was still in the good part? I'm having a lot of trouble processing that. It really gets worse from Season 2?
>>
I feel bad for Yuhata-fags

Can't imagine what it's like having your waifu turn into a husbando.
>>
>>15624383
It has been several years since I watched it, but I remember hating Vandread for the exact same reason
>>
File: OTP.jpg (105KB, 589x785px) Image search: [Google]
OTP.jpg
105KB, 589x785px
>>15624482
>>15624490
Lies
>>
>>15624893

They haven't introduced the tsundere android yet. After that the pacing slows to an agonizing glacier's pace.
>>
>>15625095
Greatest troll of all times.
I still hope for anime original end.
>>
pacifist faction has so many parallels to real life its not even funny....
>>
ok niggers, link me to a good translation of the manga pls.
>>
>>15625177
Did tsunbot even do anything of note outside of her introduction arc/becoming a helmsman?
>>
Reminded me of Attack on Titan in that it had a lot of interesting world building and dire circumstances that you think would lead into steadily rising conflict but it just kind of pitters out into nothing. At least this one had the dignity to finish.
>>
>>15624382
inconsistent framerate of animation (subjective really but I wasn't a huge fan)
Didn't live up to the manga
Manga ending (which was sometime during the same time season 2 was airing) was shit

it wasn't total shit, it was just a combination of factors that eroded away at enthusiasm for the series
>>
>>15624960
>>15625095
>yuhata missed her dead brother so much she became him
>>
File: 1496755332486.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496755332486.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
>>15624382
>Why the hate?
non-binary genders
>>
>>15624382
People still don't like CGI. Not sure why but I grew up with Reboot so I stopped caring.
>>
>>15626077
No.
>>
>>15626173
>non-binary genders
Except that "third" gender was literally just a placeholder until the person decided to be male or female.
>>
>>15625189

I'm hoping for an original end too.

I actually wouldn't mind if they changed the anime substantially. It felt like he got bored and just gave up after Tsunbot was introduced.
>>
yfw no penis gshaped girl

pls point me towards the manga chapter where the anime ends. thx. just finished the anime and need to know more....
>>
>>15626825
chapter 1
>>
File: ehhh.jpg (30KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ehhh.jpg
30KB, 1280x720px
>>15626144
>>
>>15624524
Nihei has always been about drawing cool shit and dropping tiny bits of dialogue that may hint at a larger story.
Stuff like Sidonia, Abara and Biomega were him branching out into more traditional storytelling formats.

I personally like his stuff because it all has a weird quality to it.
>>
>>15627339
Her brother is one of the four elite guardian pilots at the start of the show/manga.
They all get killed fighting the first Gauna that appears.
>>
thought this was a fun alternative manga .. for the anime they should make three endings, like in the movie clue .. the gauna were an interesting concept, and thankfully did not turn into enders game. i hope for an ending where nagate gets all the honoka sisters .. it starts with one , then one becomes two, and so on ..
>>
>>15626173
Third gender was actually a solution, so Sidonia can quickly repopulate, and won't have to deal with the cases like Yuhato.

It's not Izana's fault, that the walking black hole she fell in love with chose the daughter of the clone of his dead waifu instead of her.
It's not Izana's fault either, that her love rival became so obsessed with her, she changed her own gender to male, just so he can touch her prosthetics.
>>
>>15624382
>Niijima Makoto in space
>>
>>15631837
Beep boop.
>>
Please tell me the third gender qt doesn't grow a dick.
>>
>>15624392
Desu. Benis monster won.
>>
>>15634480
No. Yuhata gets one via the power of cybernetic implants.
>>
I can look back on it and realize that it's not the greatest, but Sidonia will always be special to me due to the fact that it's my first mecha anime, and I loved it at the time
>>
>>15628831
>the gauna were an interesting concept, and thankfully did not turn into enders game
I read Enders Game, but what are you talking about?
Like oh the Gauna actually want to be good now or something?
>>
>>15634480
She can't. Once Izana fell in love with Nagate, she simply grew up into a girl, and she will be one for the rest of her life.
>>
>>15624382
Bad CGI combined with bad story telling. It's so bland and uninteresting outside of the manga's really impressive looking illustrations. The story is a dumpster fire, and I'm not sure whether it's a coincidence or if he's really some social justice warrior but the inclusion of trannies was not good especially given the timing.
>>
>>15634981
I thought the third sex was a really interesting idea to solve a population crisis. why didn't you like it?
>>
>>15634984
Because it makes him seem like he's an SJW due to the timing. If it was made in 2001 I wouldn't have commented on it.
>>
>>15635001
>Because it makes him seem like he's an SJW due to the timing. If it was made in 2001 I wouldn't have commented on it.
This might be one of the dumbest things I've read today. So because other people started heavily promoting transsexualism after the author started his series, he coincidentally seems like an SJW?

I don't think you even understand what a transexual is to begin with. What's being depicted in Sidonia is something much, much different. The characters could only be described as transexuals on a technicality, if even.
>>
>>15635024
Yes, it does. His manga was popular in English around the same time that tranny politics got major traction in America. I don't know if he knows anything about American politics, but it's pretty much in every American novel or fiction that you can find an author caving to social pressure, and including something political that really could have been ignored entirely. Is it bad to be observant because it violates you fragile view of the world? Maybe your views are just shit?
>>
>>15624382
Hoshijiro got fucking mindjacked.
That's not cool.
Fuck Tsumugi, and fuck Nihei's NTR fetishism.
>>
>>15625095
All Nihei had to do was make Izana a futa and keep Yuhata a girl.
>>
I read the first bit of this years ago and feel like trying out the the anime; am I gonna be upset at the tranny shenanigans if I'm not real big on such things?
>>
>>15635032
>Is it bad to be observant because it violates you fragile view of the world? Maybe your views are just shit?
Again, you're trying to paint a bullshit picture of someone's work because they happened to release it at the wrong time. That's bullshit, and you and I both know it's bullshit. If it walks, talks, and shitposts like bullshit, it IS bullshit. Circumstance is not a substitute for actual facts. Just because your petty little feelings were hurt by this giant nothingburger doesn't mean a damn thing.

By the way, I didn't fail to notice that you skipped over everything else I said so that you could repeat your same shitty argument a second time. Saying the same thing twice doesn't make you right, it just makes you more stupid.
>>
>>15635072
Fuck off.
>>
File: 78e8bd1e31931efca3addb5aaa59ab29.png (490KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
78e8bd1e31931efca3addb5aaa59ab29.png
490KB, 1280x720px
Is this a Char clone?
>>
We already know she's into younger men. That's probably every man though.
>>
>>15635079
>Again, you're trying to paint a bullshit picture of someone's work because they happened to release it at the wrong time.

It reminds me of some random horror movie I watched. I got curious and went online to see people's opinions about it, and saw a bunch of old comments about Al Gore and how they disagreed with the movie's politics. It drove home just how irrelevant and dumb these kind of comments are.
>>
Is Blame worth getting into? I found this in the bookstore the other day, but I'm kinda on the fence about it since I don't really like Sidonia that much.
>>
>>15636824
Art is less clean but the sketchy look is more fitting for the atmosphere. Much less dialogue so alot has to be inferred by the reader, some of the action scenes are a little hard to follow because of iffy framing. The surreal nature of it makes it worth it though.

Its less about sitting you down and giving you a story to understand and more about sitting you down and just showing you a story and not caring what you think about it or if you even understand it.

Think of it like an old videogame without a tutorial. A game that doesn't hold your hand.
>>
>>15636868
I second this. It's great, but it's not the easiest thing in the world to follow. It's not some pretentious work of art that's openly antagonistic to the reader, but it's not going to bend over backwards just to make sure you understand everything.

I've not seen/read Sidonia. Every now and then i think "Gosh, Blame was so good that I should check out more stuff by Nihei". Then I remember that nobody seems to like Sidonia, even fans of Nihei, and I decide not to.
>>
>>15636892
Check out Abara. It's only two volumes and is pretty good.
>>
>>15636904
I read a bit of Abara and liked it a lot, the only reason haven't picked up Blame earlier is because all the faces looks really really derpy.
>>
>>15636904
I will do so, thank you.
>>
>>15635079
>>15635079
I skipped over the rest of your post because it's nonsense. You're implying there is some key difference between things like cross-dressers and trannies that is significant in a way. That's like telling someone that they need to be trained to use the same tool twice because one is in a different coat of paint. Trannies, transexuals, crossdressers, genderbender, it doesn't matter what you call this category of behavior since the result is extremely similar (a desire to change your body).

It was done at the wrong time, so we can conclude it was either a coincidence or he's an SJW.
>>
>>15635072
anon that would be gay
>>
>>15639943

>he thinks futa is gay

Nigger
>>
File: 1496766361258.png (7KB, 221x276px) Image search: [Google]
1496766361258.png
7KB, 221x276px
>>15639910
I think you need to leave. People come to boards like /m/ to have fun, not engage in your reductive us vs them conspiratorial worldview fueled from having very little interaction and experience with the world and getting all your information from /pol/
And as for Nihei, he's just a weirdo pervert.
>>
File: 1489647491694.jpg (518KB, 1280x936px) Image search: [Google]
1489647491694.jpg
518KB, 1280x936px
Nihei's modern artstyle is awful. You can tell there's supposed to be a lot of little details in everything, but it all gets washed out by the lack of shading. He's also starting to succumb to a serious bout of sameface and all of his characters have nearly identical puffy baby faces.
>>
>>15635001
Christ you're fucking retarded, Sidonia was serialized in 2009
>>
>>15639944
Faggot
>>
>>15624411
As soon as she died, I knew the show was going to be shit and dropped it immediately. Glad to know I wasn't wrong.
>>
>>15639960
Settle down, anon. You could've just said you disagreed with that guy instead of painting him as a strawman.
>>
>>15639975

I forgot this was going on. I read the first volume/chapter and noticed that it felt like a bunch of elements from his previous works all rolled together.
>>
>>15639960
No, that's what you're doing. He's made a good point. Not liking trannies or the far-left doesn't make you a nazi. Can you imagine living in the world forty years ago? You'd think that Germany won the war if we went by your insane logic.
>>
While i liked the detail (and tiddies) of the manga the anime's visual style is much more clear such that i don't get characters mixed up anymore.

>>15641455
I'm traditionally a leftist but don't like trannies and now I'm banned from traveling to California.
>>
Why do all the girls in the anime have torpedo tits?
>>
>>15640612

That's basically what it is. The main guy (who became one of those biotech zombie Kamen Rider things at the end of Ch1) is now on a reverse-Blame sort of mission, intending to travel down to the "megastructure" separating the surface and some isolated elite class on the inside by punching through it using what is essentially the GBE but is more like a railgun. Along the way, he has to fight and kill others like him and absorb their power so he'll have enough energy and transformation time to pull it off.

The biotech armor users are composed of "placenta"/ena and are powered by Haighs/Heigus particles, which is another recycled element.
>>
>>15644519
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>15639975
Man, how did he go from gorgeously detailed masterpieces which are Abara and Biomega, to that heaping pile of chicken-scratch hacky job that is Sidonia?
For fuck's sake he can't even make an original story anymore like that crap APOSIMZ.
>>
>>15639975
Yeah, this looks like he hit one of his old works with some kind of photoshop filter.
>>
File: 1480783666235.jpg (753KB, 1280x1822px) Image search: [Google]
1480783666235.jpg
753KB, 1280x1822px
>>15645528

He also looks a little like Tsumugi.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.