[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

character discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: Chirico.jpg (30KB, 206x320px) Image search: [Google]
Chirico.jpg
30KB, 206x320px
>emotionless badass with high kill count
>is a new guy from the organization immediately sortied into battle for unknown reason
>pilots a mook level mecha
>very concerned by his mission
>does very unpredictable actions and moves that mesmerize his enemies
>the second half of the series gives him unreasonable power that effectively makes him borderline Marty Stu

That's right /m/, i'm talking about Inaho Kaizuka from ALDNOAH.ZERO. Pic not related.

discuss his character here, if he had any.
>>
Stick to A/Z
>>
>>15622569
>Stick to A/Z
Oh no, whatever shall he do!
Damn OP, you're in quite the pickle SeƱor "I'll shit on anything new or that /m/ hates just to fit in" over here told you to stick to an okay mecha anime, how will you respond to this threat?
>>
>>15622610
Found the ANNigger
>>
>>15622563
Isn't the mecha he pilots a "training-suited" one, so it has more mobility than the normal? That might be helpful, in the case of hard-hitting attacks.
>>
>>15622613
>ANN
Who? Why are you so insecure?
>>
>>15622617
Sleipnir are still a mass produced Mook mecha so it qualifies, even if it's customized for training purposes.
>>
>>15622610
Okay is majorly overrating it.
>>
>>15622635
Funny how you couldn't present an argument, thanks for proving me right, you worthless triple nigger.
>>
>>15622645
Hi AnimeSuki
>>
>>15622630
That's true, Chirico's Burglary Dog was a modified Armored Trooper that happened to have a bunch of purgeable weapons that he could unload onto his enemies.
>>
File: WellPlayed.gif (1MB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
WellPlayed.gif
1MB, 350x263px
>>15622563
>is a new guy
But Chirico isn't...

Ah. I've been bamboozled. Well played, OP.
>>
>>15622563
Inaho
>Fights humans who live on Mars who have after a single generation decided Martians are superior to Earthlings
>Has a girls name (!!!!)
>Is an asshole for no reason several times
>Doesn't get the girl

Chirico
>Fights God and wins
>Gets the girl
>Is a real mans man
>Beloved by everyone he meets

Look like I'm going to stick to V/Ms.
>>
>>15622673
Except that while Burglary Dog can still hold onto his own when the weapons were purged, the Sleipnirs are pretty much fucked. Only Inaho's that has this weakness excluded.
>>
>>15622688
>Chirico
>Gets the girl
Anon, I have bad news for you.
*Shining Heresy theme plays*
>>
>>15622563
Whats your point? Does it need to be said that the character archetype of strong silent capable soldier can be used in both well written celebrated stories, and badly written clusterfucks? I mean, Chirico is just a Spaghetti Western Protagonist basically. I think in an interview Takahashi even said he was based on a western where a guy went from town to town with his horse, doing Rodeo's, but he took the concept and made it Robots, with the Gladiatorial combat in woodo.

I know this is just bait but, this could actually turn into an interesting conversation
>>
>>15622710
B-but then he gets another girl!
>>
>>15622712
>this could actually turn into an interesting conversation
But you already said all anyone could.

Like, wanna discuss why silent protagonists like that aren't as popular as they were in the 70's-80's? My impression is that for practical reassons vidja took that archetype and run it to the ground. With the cost reduction of CG we could perfectly have an action focused MC now, showing instead of saying.
>>
>>15622718
I know it goes without saying, nearly every popular mecha anime from that period was originally concieved of as, that thing but without the robots, but I watched

https://youtu.be/EeljP3PhiM0

recently and it occurred to me just how good Votoms action was. Like, it could have just been Chirico Storming his way through bases and it still would've been great
>>
>>15622757
I don't know, one of the things I loved in VOTOMs is how Chirico gets his ass handed to him on a regular basis. When they retconned it to "the perfect survivor" they did the right thing.
>>
File: tumblr_mlgy51JgE61qdeg0do1_500.jpg (161KB, 447x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlgy51JgE61qdeg0do1_500.jpg
161KB, 447x700px
>>15622713
>*Alone again theme plays*
>>
>>15622645
You didn't make an argument in the first place.
>>
>>15622765
She had no chance because no one can top Fiana, but after rewatching SH I sort of liked Teitania, too bad she lasted less than a moth in a house fire.
>>
Why do people seem to always make Chirico out to be this nigh-autistic stonefaced jackass
I mean the guy doesn't talk a lot but he does seem to like his pals and he does genuinely love Fyana
>>
>>15622792
Not to mention all the banter he had during the Vietnam arc with his army buddies
>That scene where he says his name into an enemy radio when they try to figure out who's driving a stolen Truck
>>
>>15622792
Autists can love and enjoy close palls, and it's funny to read all the badass traits as him being awkward and not knowing what to say.
You shouldn't assume people are always sincere and serious when proposing ideas here, not being able to understand when others are joking is one of the signs of one mental illness or the other.
>>
>>15622646
Who?
>>15622785
He was the one claiming otherwise, thanks for proving you're a triple nigger.
>>
>>15622765
What even was the theme to Alone Again.
For some reason the first thing I thought of was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYP-nrqyztk
>>
>>15622563
>Inaho BECOMES borderline Marty Stu in the SECOND half of the show.

Uh huh.
>>
File: 1497662317479.jpg (79KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1497662317479.jpg
79KB, 500x335px
>>15622710
>>15622765
Fuck you. They don't exist, in my headcanon!
>>
>>15623261
It bridged Shining Heresy with Phantom Arc.
But really, did it really _need_ any bridging? Nothing really interesting happens in Alone Again, except for Chirico's scene with Titania.
>>
>>15624086
That's really a good thing since it didn't end up absolutely reaming the canon like Phantom Arc did
>>
>>15624086
It killed robo not-fiana like the fans wanted, giving her the exact same weakness that Fiana had.
I don't know. After rewatching it I felt I could had liked Titania if they had done something with her. Like, you had Fiana that started as a superior pilot and became a devoted wife, Chirico could had had another type of relationship that didn't try to supplant the iconic one.
I feel fans complaining about it tend to sound like little kids that don't want their parents to be sexualy active for fear of their moms retroactively going away.
>>
File: mamoru.jpg (18KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
mamoru.jpg
18KB, 400x301px
Chirico done right.
>>
This is a post about Inaho and y'all been posting about Chirico instead.
>>
>>15624290
Can't help it if Chirico is more interesting
>>
>>15624368
I agree.
>>
the only thing I like about a/z is that the amount of fucks i give about it is found right in its title
>>
>>15624540
Not even surprised someone whk hates A/Z on /m/ is a redditor, good job kiddo.
>>
>>15623261
The first thing that plays in my head when I think of a Alone Again theme is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ELnhjGw4Zs
>>
Votoms has clearly the better opening though
>>
>>15624677
MUSERU
>>
>>15624677
Classic for sure.
>>
>>15624677
Unfair comparison
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.