[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Gundam AU when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Gnz-001-bazooka.jpg (228KB, 749x700px) Image search: [Google]
Gnz-001-bazooka.jpg
228KB, 749x700px
>>
>>15622161

When it fucking comes.

IBO ended only a short while ago.
>>
>still wanting more of this worn-out tripe

Some people are beyond help.
>>
>>15622201
Would you prefer "Yet Another Early UC Sidestory" (TM)?
>>
File: Gnz-001-bazooka.png (495KB, 749x700px) Image search: [Google]
Gnz-001-bazooka.png
495KB, 749x700px
Old Gundam AU when?
>>
>>15622161
They're not alternate universes, dumbass.
It's just the Black History.
>>
>>15622469
Proof?
>>
>>15622471
Watch Turn A Gundam.
Read the MG Turn X manual.
Read Tomino's interview about Turn A where he talked about accepting the other directors' works and making them part of his universe.
>>
>>15622471
Ignore him, he's a one timeline-weirdo aka the Mormons of /m/.
>>
>>15622478
>implying the "converging universe" theory based on an image from a magazine article about a video game is somehow more official than a gunpla manual
>>
>>15622478
>mormon
Nah, more like NT.
OT (Old Tomino) canon was that the non-UC shows were in other universes.
NT (New Tomino) canon is that they're long-forgotten eras of history spread over a 10,000 year span.
Multiversefags would be the Mormons.
>>
>>15622486
How is OT different from Multiverse?
>>
>>15622486
Oh my fucking God, who cares.
>>
>>15622780
OT doesn't apply at all anymore because Turn A explicitly includes elements from previous Gundam shows, especially G Gundam. Some people don't like the idea of the ending of their favorite show eventually being wiped away by the beginning of a show they don't like so much. And some people just don't like the presence of unexplained loose ends like "what happened to the ELS?" so they reject the idea of a single timeline because somehow "multiple universes merged into one" makes more sense to them than "we don't know what happened to the ELS".
There's this one diagram they like to show off, that shows all the timelines parallel to each other and all leading into a big circle marked Turn A but that's actually completely unofficial and came from a magazine article about an SD Gundam G-Generation game iirc.

Also there's this other fringe group that believes all the timelines are completely separate and Turn A is just another AU that happens to have events in its past which mirror the events of the other shows. And at least two people who insist that Turn A is the only actual canon show and that all the other shows are historical fiction dramas about the events of the Black History and not what actually happened (taking a page from Kawamori's disregard for continuity).

But the fact remains that Bandai, who owns Sunrise, printed a paragraph about the Black History in the manual for the Master Grade Turn X gunpla which refers to a single timeline starting with Mobile Suit Gundam and ending with Turn A and listing all of the other shows except SD and Build Fighters as being in between them. The great irony of this is that the same people who will hold up the gunpla manual as BIBLE when insisting about how powerful the Turn A is supposed to be (which really isn't shown in the anime) will completely disregard the validity of a gunpla manual when it tells them that their favorite show set in the same universe as Destiny.
>>
>>15622296
yes yes yes
>>
We need more After War X-style AUs.
I think IBO approached that style but shat the bed otherwise.
>>
>>15623390
>will completely disregard the validity of a gunpla manual when it tells them that their favorite show set in the same universe as Destiny.
I don't know why. The implication is that the world that spawned Gundam SEED died in hellfire never to be seen again. Buried for all time.

Sounds great to me.
>>
>>15622473
>Read the MG Turn X manual.
moon runes :c
>>
File: seed47.png (155KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
seed47.png
155KB, 629x354px
>>15623710
I think SEED had some great material to offer (outside of Cagalli and Kira, of course)
>>
re watching 00 again

its better than I remember
its so good
>>
File: Gny-004-fullarmed.jpg (194KB, 541x650px) Image search: [Google]
Gny-004-fullarmed.jpg
194KB, 541x650px
>>15622161
How can AU > Main Series??!
>>
>>15628723
When Sunrise can't get their shit together.

Give me a short Gundam UC OVA about some of those 30 initial GM pilots that took part in operation Odessa. Maybe as part of some field research/ rapid interception team meant to get behind Zeon lines and destroy landing enemy Mobile Suits as they're adjusting from reentry. Throw in some waxing poetic about rank and file infantry coming to terms with the fact that this will likely be the last battle where they are the backbone of a fighting force, "reaching the limits of what a human body can achieve without a suit" or something. End with Odessa itself and finally animate the most important battle of the One Year War.
>>
>>15622161

why does that look like the gadessa with basic gundam parts?
>>
>>15630323
Because it's the forerunner of the Ga line made from data from the Plutone by Ribbons.
Even though it looks like a mismatch of Ga smooth parts and blocky gundam parts I think it's interesting. Or maybe i like it because it reminds me of the Varia suit.
>>
>>15628770
Just write your fanfic as a LN.
>>
>>15628770
>those 30 initial GM pilots that took part in operation Odessa

Fuck off Gruntwanker.
>>
I don't even know how to go about writing mecha. The visual aspect feels so vital to the genre.
>>
>>15628770
Give me a UC OVA where feddies arent incompetent fucktards and just win the OYW as it should.
>>
>>15628770
More Thunderbolt-esque stories would be fun. These little side romps that show sides of the conflicts that were never really touched on before, like the immediate aftermath of the OYW.

I don't know about that particular story though, since it would ultimately just be guys running around testing GM[G]s, and we already had an anime that was basically that. It could be interesting if they properly worked in that transition from fighter pilot to mobile suit pilot.
>>
>>15622161
OP, you posted this exact same thread last week. Is this some new kind of shitposting trend?

>>15622478
>>15622486
Stop forcing this bloody meme. Why do you think people care about a stupid label? I bet you're actually a self hating mormon.
>>
>>15634616
Try reading an adapted Gundam LN and see what works?
>>
File: girls und gundam.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
girls und gundam.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
When Sunrise finally realises what I want.
>>
How about another what-if/canned sequel-turned AU?
The obvious has already been done with After War X, what other scenarios could be done?
>>
>>15622296
yes
name another universe or time period with a single good show
>>
>>15640075

>>
File: noauallowed4.jpg (911KB, 1000x924px) Image search: [Google]
noauallowed4.jpg
911KB, 1000x924px
>>15622161
>>
>>15640075
Stargazer is amazing despite being in the Cosmic Era.
>>
>>15622161
When the IBO film is done.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.