[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zanscare Empire Philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: Zanscare.png (43KB, 185x212px) Image search: [Google]
Zanscare.png
43KB, 185x212px
Compared to factions like Zeon or the Cosmo Bablyonia, what are the motives and ideals of of the Zanscare Empire?

Was it just a Matriarchy system or borderline radical feminism?
>>
>>15620866
Ostensibly a matriarchy, but actually the Queen was just a figurehead. There wasn't any grand ideology, it was just space assholes seeing a chance to seize power. Again.
>>
>>15620866
this looks like a damn flyover state highschool crest
>>
>>15620900

Didn't they gain followers by publicly pushing the narrative that they were trying to help people and because their matriarchy and Queen Maria were better than the Federation, who abused the Earth's environment and were shitty in much the same way the Zabis manipulated the public using anti-Federation sentiment to help establish their own base of power?
>>
>>15620866
Angel Halo was going to purge the Earth Sphere of all non-Newtypes so they're just another radical spacenoid group
>>
>>15620922
Where did you get that? Newtypes were the first people affected by Angel Halo. Their plan was to use it to kill EVERYONE on the Earth so that they could claim it for themselves. The whole thing was just a land grab that they barely even tried to rationalize with thin platitudes.
>>
>>15620866
>what are the motives and ideals of of the Zanscare Empire?
Mostly unwitting Jovian shilling.

>tfw Tomino will never write the endgame of UC where Jupiter does some really bad shit

I crie evertiem
>>
>>15620866
The Federation was in a bad spot during late UC. A lot of the problems only intensified from the earlier series, like Earthnoid elitism and rampant poverty throughout. Like how Katejina looks down on Woowig as an example of this, or how Uso's family is just one example of illegal immigrants living on Earth, or even how the Federation itself was tied behind so much red tape that they couldn't even officially defend against Zanscare until the end of the show.

I don't doubt that there were many people dissatisfied with this, but Zanscare was specifically orchestrated by Jupiter to install a figurehead that they could rally a rebellion behind. Cute Maria, a mystical and benevolent mother figure who basically tells everyone that a matriarchy would be able to clean up all these mistakes, and even proving her own power to do so by her healing Newtype magic (probably fabricated by Jupiter backers).
>>
>>15621179
>tfw Tomino will never write the endgame of UC where Jupiter does some really bad shit
I wish he didn't try weaving the black history just to accomodate G, Wing and X into a post-UC timeline. Turn A would have had so much more impact if it'd been something like the aftermath of a war with the jovians.
>>
>>15621223

I don't share that opinion personally, because to me the Jovians are more a manga/sidestory thing and barely present in the animation outside Victory. Their only mention in 0079 is the Jupiter Energy Fleet, their only presence in Zeta is Scirocco, whose never tied to an ulterior party or motive and in ZZ it's limited to a place Judau fucks off to in the end. It's not even in Char's Counterattack or F91. It's only really Crossbone that tries to imply them as the secret plotters behind everything if I recall, and it personally leaves me cold since I think it's a needless bit of revisionism that undercuts the actual factions and motives in the previous shows. They were fine as a thing in Victory and don't really need more than that.

Additionally, the Black History as is is mostly just a reference to all of Gundam as a long series of space wars with no particular source or apportioned blame. Putting it as a Jovian war would dilute it by making it the fault of one faction when really it's everyone being shitty that's the cause of it as is and I think that's more powerful.
>>
>>15621223
My personal headcanon is Victory -> AWGX, but I feel as if there is plenty of room for a full blown Jovian invasion story between them.
I agree that it would've been nice if the whole Black History autism didn't exist, but I don't mind it for Turn-A, which I've never really considered a proper sequel anyways, just something metaphorical.
>>15621234
>because to me the Jovians are more a manga/sidestory thing
I mean that's fine, but they are in the animation as a disrupting agent who covet the Earth. It'd be neat to see them deliver the death knell, or at least force the Feds into a crazy desperate final stand, that would pave the way for the SRA to drop ALL OF THE COLONIES and give me my 7th space war OVA.
>>
>>15620866
They are a feminist cult that espouses a matriarchy. They rapidly became the dominant religion of Side 2. Once they got enough influence to take over Side 2's SNRI branch, it was only a matter of time before they declared independence from the federation and waged a jihad to claim Earth (viewed as sacred land). Non-believers must either submit, convert, or be publicly executed.

They are basically space ISIS.
>>
>>15621252

I'd personally agree that the Dark History is more of a metaphorical thing and see all the references as Easter eggs personally. That said, Jupiter are really only in Gundam animation as disruptive agents in Victory, where the Federation are already on their last legs anyways. They don't need Jupiter to put the last boot in, because they're unlikely to survive anyways.
>>
File: Sherindon.jpg (51KB, 231x238px) Image search: [Google]
Sherindon.jpg
51KB, 231x238px
>>15620866

I believe it's said somewhere that they were supporters of a type of "New Type Aristocracy".

>>15621179

And unwitting Cosmo Babylonia shilling quite possibly.

I remember someone mentioning that Sherindon Ronah may have funded the Zanscare Empire's leaders to a certain degree given that she is a New Type supremacist.
>>
>>15621368
>And unwitting Cosmo Babylonia shilling quite possibly.
Which collapsed years before Zanscare's rise?
>I remember someone mentioning that Sherindon Ronah
With her family's bankrupt accounts?
>>
>>15621402

>With her family's bankrupt accounts?

I think she may have had her own wealth or influence given she also has a ship and the means to secure mobile suit parts for her cousin.
>>
File: jovians.jpg (54KB, 359x398px) Image search: [Google]
jovians.jpg
54KB, 359x398px
Zanscare was just another catspaw for the Jovians to weaken Earth like the Titans and Cosmo Babylonia were. The newtype matriarchy angle was just propaganda and it was really obvious Fonse Kagatie was the one in charge and just used Maria as a figurehead, which was reflected in how Tassilo, another male oldtype used Fuala Griffon, another female newtype as his main weapon for his attempted coup.
>>
>>15621669
Was CB really a Jovian thing?
>>
>>15621674
They make a convenient alliance with the Jupiter Fleet right after taking over frontier colony, so probably.
>>
File: ?.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>15620900
>authoritarian feminists are controlled by the jews from jupiter
>>
File: Old Man of the Empire.jpg (114KB, 369x311px) Image search: [Google]
Old Man of the Empire.jpg
114KB, 369x311px
>>15621674

It's said that the Jovians funded Cosmo Babylonia and threatened the Federation with a fuel embargo over Cosmo Babylonia's independence.

Crux Dongatie, the man behind the Jupiter Empire, has a very long grudge with the Federation, and his presence tends to dominate part of late U.C., much the same way Zeon did in the previous decades.
>>
File: 1495308252439.jpg (93KB, 687x778px) Image search: [Google]
1495308252439.jpg
93KB, 687x778px
>>15621697
>>
>>15620866
no Ideals, just another proxy war started by Jovians to finally kill of Earthlings
>>
>>15620866
Neither, a man controlled everything in reality.
>>
>>15621674
Jovian was behind almost every war in UC, sans the OYW.
>>
>>15620907
God damn it
>>
>>15621870

And the Stardust rebellion. And the first Neo Zeon war. And the second Neo Zeon War. And the Sleeves conflict.
>>
>>15621870

Except anything Zeon related and any of the events post 0160 U.C.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.