[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this machine and its weapon is a violation of the Antarctic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: Rx-78gp02a.jpg (222KB, 1000x1341px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-78gp02a.jpg
222KB, 1000x1341px
>this machine and its weapon is a violation of the Antarctic Treaty that you had us sign!

Except the Antarctic Treaty was rendered defunct with the end of the OYW, dingus. Nothing in the year 0083 prevents a nuclear weapon-armed gundam from being built, especially since one of the two signatories of the treaty no longer exists and was replaced with a republic.
>>
>>15616939
That settles that, I guess.
>>
>>15616939
>defunct with the end of the OYW
The OYW never ended for some
>>
>>15616951
That's why we built a Gundam armed with nuclear weapons. Duh.
>>
>>15616951
>>15616939

Pretty much, to the Delaz Fleet the war never ended and they are the true Zeon. The Republic is just a puppet state for the Federation and they have no authority.
>>
File: _72340161_020656987-1.jpg (65KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_72340161_020656987-1.jpg
65KB, 624x351px
>>15616951

I know that's how you feel Hiroo, but when Japan signs the unconditional surrender, you're in the wrong when you stay in your bunker for the next 20 years and keep fighting it.
>>
>>15616960
29*
>>
>>15616958
>The Republic is just a puppet state for the Federation and they have no authority.
It doesn't matter, that's not how conflicts between nation-states work. It's literally putting muh honor above political reality.
>>
>>15616965
Sometimes honour is all you've got
>>
>>15616969
It's shit like that that caused the second world war in the first place, or the Vietnam idea of "we could've won, but you didn't let us win!"
>>
>>15616965
The japs tried to take russian tanks with sword, their leaders wanted them to die for nothing. It sounds idiotic in anime but it happened irl.
>>
>>15616965

Just trying to explain their justification, Delaz is clearly in the wrong.
>>
The Republic of Zeon exists in 0083 as a nominally autonomous and sovereign nation. Therefore, under treaty traditions, the Republic of Zeon inherits all treaties signed by the Principality of Zeon. Which means the EF is still not allowed to use nuclear weapons.
>>
>>15617030

Again, the treaty was regarded as defunct with the war's end anyway.
>>
>>15617043
that is assuming the Granada Accords lifted the ban on nuclear weapons, biological, chemical, and colony/asteroid drops.
>>
>>15617054

It only lifted the ban on nuclear specifically, so yes. Which means Delaz Fleet was violating the Granada According with their colony drop, but not the Federation in building the gundam.
>>
>>15617057
and the titans gassing the colony?

the solar ray, the colony lasers?
>>
>>15617072

Everyone knows the titans were committing war crimes, that was never contested. As for the solar ray and colony lasers, they were never illegal, just somewhat impractical as it relies on precise timing.
>>
>>15617030
>Therefore, under treaty traditions, the Republic of Zeon inherits all treaties signed by the Principality of Zeon.

No, it most definitely is not. Changes from one regime to another has no obligations for honoring old treaties.
>>
>>15617030
The treaty was about banning the usage of nuclear weapons
Not the construction of them
GPO 2 is pretty much a deterrent, like a Metal Gear
>>
I still wouldn't mind seeing a very large asteroid converted into a P.O.W. camp, equipped with a cluster of nukes and then dropped on Earth.
Fuck the Antarctic Treaty. At least we got a Physalis out of it all, and it's a seriously sinister looking mobile suit.
>>
Doesn't the AEUG bitch about Bask breaking the treaty in Zeta, during their stint in Jaburo?
>>
>>15616939
It would have been Zeek propaganda's victory If they blew it up after show it on TV and show leaked info about it to everyone to show that this machine is real not something made to be discredit Feds.
>>
>>15618571
Yes
>>
>>15618571
>>15618637
There were some aspects of the treaty that still applied like the banning of BC weapons.

And blowing up your own headquarters is frowned upon.
>>
>>15618720
The AEUG was not a treaty signatory, so it didn't apply to them. Plus Jabaro was a glorified warehouse at that point. Blowing it up was heavyhanded, shortsighted, and a huge waste, but still technically legal.
>>
>>15618720
>your own headquarters
>Zeta
>Jaburo
>>
File: Turba.jpg (125KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
Turba.jpg
125KB, 640x352px
Did Betterman rip off GP02's head design?
>>
>>15616939
nukes in space are much less dramatic than on earth. gato rekting the fleet is total BS.
>>
>>15618756
>>15618743

Wasn't Jaburo still considered the Federation military HQ? Isn't that the whole reason the AEUG atacked it in the first place?
>>
>>15618417
Soviet Union falls, Russia and successor states still part of nuclear weapons treaties. It
>>
>>15618875
And what part of the that assumes that any of the parties were under any of obligation to follow the treaty? A 2010 report from the Washington Post said that Russia was not in full compliance by the time START expired which it signed in when it was still the USSR.

Besides, something like START has a shared interest to begin with regardless of the whether the old institution that originally signed it still existed or not.
>>
>>15618766
>betterman
Fuck, now I'm feeling nostalgic.
That was a good show.
>>
>>15616939
>steal the gp02 and claim that it's a crime by the federation
wow Zeon might have a good poi-
>then use it yourself
Titans did nothing wrong
>>
File: MPSeTSq.gif (485KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
MPSeTSq.gif
485KB, 1200x720px
>>15616939
Why is the GP02 so PERFECT???

Individually it's proportions and questionable design choices look ridiculous. But as a whole it strikes some kind of harmony.
>>
>>15616939

fuck the antarctic treaty

that machine is a violation of the visual senses
>>
>>15616939
If you think the Delaz Fleet has anything resembling reason, you're asking for far too much of them.

They're literally True Believers. God only knows why, but they are.
>>
>>15621311

He's a Chunky Boi
>>
>>15619190
>Titans did nothing wrong

>They lost
>>
>>15618831
Sure, but it isn't the Titans HQ. That's Kilimanjaro.
>>
File: 220px-Shoji_Kawamori[1].jpg (12KB, 220x222px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Shoji_Kawamori[1].jpg
12KB, 220x222px
>>15621311
aren't all the 0083 designs by Kawamori?
>>
>>15621311
THICC
>>
>>15621659
>>
>>15619190
Konpei island was an inside job
>>
>>15621671
Delaz had embedded agents so technically saying Konpei was an inside job is correct to some degree.
>>
>>15616939
>Antarctic Treaty was rendered defunct with the end of the OYW, dingus.
False.
It's mentioned in Zeta Gundam when the captured Titan is telling Cha....Quattro about the nukes buried under the base. Still in effect in 0087, so it was still in effect in 0083.
>>
>>15618941
>something like START has a shared interest
Well, I think the sheer quantity of destruction was a pretty good shared interest for everybody when the Antarctic Treaty came about.

Whether it was or was not defunct as some people claim, post-OYW shows seem to show that, with some exceptions, the Federation was mostly complying with the spirit of the treaty. Probably a smart move on their part, given the reason why that treaty existed.
>>
>>15621891
>as some people claim
Here it is right here, still in effect in 0087.
The idea that it stopped mattering after the OYW is just an assumption some asshat made that has no basis in the actual show. At no point in any show is it ever mentioned that the ban went away when the war ended.
>>
I thought it was just the warheads themselves that were banned, not the delivery system.

Zakus aren't banned when they were used to launch nukes, so why would the GP02A be banned?

This is like equating the design and construction of an ICBM to be the same as launching the ICBM itself.
>>
>>15621653
Not just Kawamori, but Kawamori at the top of his game.
>>
>>15621653
No. He really only worked on the two main Gundams and the Albion.

Everything else is done by Katoki or Akitaka if it wasn't just a recycled design from previous shows.
>>
So what are the general effects of using nukes in space? is nuclear radiation in space a big deal when there's all kinds of radiation from the sun and other shit? Is it because of the colonies? I'm excluding Earth because it seems obvious to me, I just don't know about nukes in space.
>>
>>15621954
Nah, nukes on space aren't really such a big deal.
I mean, if you wanna be pragmatic more japs were killed with regular bombs than both A-bombs together anyway. Nukes just have a spooky sound and a ton of propaganda.
>>
>>15621973
>nukes on space aren't really such a big deal.
Actually they can be a really big deal, because they can create artificial radiation belts. Starfish Prime is a very notable example, as it wreaked havoc on LEO satellites deployed at the time.
>>
File: 46516748.png (2MB, 1437x783px) Image search: [Google]
46516748.png
2MB, 1437x783px
>>15621985
Huh
I wonder how big was the effect that was caused by Londo Bell when tried to nuke the fuck outta Axis
>>
>>15621985
I had completely forgotten that aspect. And I'm guessing that even though the gundam universe is advance enough to have a counter meassure they decided a treaty was enough.
Still, the material damage is greatly reduced.
>>
>>15621954

Nuclear explosions emit a large amount of heat radiation. Typically, almost half of the energy from a nuclear explosion is released as heat energy through visible, infrared, and UV light. Because it's basically really hot light rays, the heat radiation doesn't need a medium for conduction like it does in an atmosphere. This is likely how Physalis destroyed the Fed fleet at Konpei.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.