[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 15

File: this makes me want to throw up.webm (322KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
this makes me want to throw up.webm
322KB, 1280x720px
Please, can we talk about this? I want you guys to convince me why this is ok. Give me reasons as why this should be defended.
>>
>>15615136
No. Be a functioning human being and come to your own conclusions.
>>
YEAAAAART
>>
>>15615136
Because a sob story about orphans who are trying to earn their happiness is deep and real.
>>
File: tumblr_nvp33iIIp61s50j4bo2_400.png (154KB, 284x298px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvp33iIIp61s50j4bo2_400.png
154KB, 284x298px
>>15615144
I want to know why people ignore this and defend this garbage. I came to my own conclusion that this anime is garbage. It has worse animation than fucken bob the builder, the writing is shit, and the story is gibberish. They must make these shows for actual fucking retards because of the amount of people saying "sequel series starring ride" and "mika's son will pilot barbatos with mika's brain" "Julieta vs mika made perfect sense"
>>
DOMO
BARBATOS-DESU
>>
>>15615163
yes
>>
>>15615162
It also sucks ass, go back to Anime Suki.
>>
File: Who defends this trash.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Who defends this trash.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15615169
You tell me how the Mika vs julieta fight makes any fucking sense. Its plot armor and lazy writing.That's Barbatos' biggest mace ever and yet it didn't kill Julieta. He crushed grazes with the wrench mace with the sixth form. He crushed an entire hull of a ship with the same mace yet it doesn't kill Julieta. Was it fucking magic? Is Julieta Christ incarnate? Barbatos was barely damaged and somehow failed to crush Julieta with a point break hit to the cockpit that crushed an entire hull of a ship.
>>
>>15615183
yes
>>
>>15615163
First, the days when televised anime were completed products are over, what makes it out the door within deadlines is just a glorified advertisement for the blu-rays. Actually, a lot of media gets released this way now, just look at games from major developers that function as paid beta tests until patches start rolling out after a week or so or pg-13 theatrical releases that magically become hard R directors cuts immediately upon home release. Media enterprise is just kind of fucked all around.

Second problem is that people don't care. They've either already gotten used to this shit after dealing with the slow decline over the past decade and have lowered their standards accordingly, or they just never had high standards to begin with.

TL;DR everything is terrible, get used to it.
>>
It's not ok

Studio 3 is shit
>>
File: G-Reco.webm (272KB, 450x245px) Image search: [Google]
G-Reco.webm
272KB, 450x245px
>>15615197
The animation of G-Reco is godlike compared to Felcher Gundam. G-Reco had it budget spilt with build fighters try but still looks better than Felcher Gundam. Which was in development since 2008.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-31-00h11m53s235.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-31-00h11m53s235.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15615362
G-Reco had it's share of limited animation (floaty moving), but the good thing about it is that it had good shots and the suits stayed on model during the action sequences, despite the designs being a bit more complex than IBO's at times.
The beam effects are fucking sexy so that helped.
>>
>>15615362
>Felcher Gundam
It's like a tripcode but even more efficient. Does anybody even know what the fuck this is supposed to mean without looking it up?
>>
>>15615380
Too late...
>During anal sex when cum is released into the ass, the FELCHER is the person who removes the cum, with a straw or not.
>>
>>15615413
That's weirdly specific.
>>
>>15615413
I still don't understand why Felcher.
>>
>>15615469
Maybe he's comparing the quality of IBO's writing to Sunrise's sloppy seconds?
>>
>>15615362
This fucking idiot doesn't know how budgets work and how they affect the production of the show.

But mind you, your Gundam Felcher brought more profits to Sunrise and Bandai so in general it is WAY MORE BETTER than G-REktum
>>
File: 1497396981912.jpg (70KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497396981912.jpg
70KB, 720x540px
>>15615175
>trying this hard
>>
File: 80Rise2.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
80Rise2.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>15615136
>>
>>15615136
I wont defend it, but this isn't new for Gundam.
So it's more I cant defend the franchise.

Watch some older series and you'll see it.
>>
>>15615136
Barbatos is very detailed which makes it a pain in the ass to animate, for this two second scene it wasn't worth it. There you go. I hope you can get over your obsession some day.
>>
>>15615484
I think he's really proud of his job title so he has to type it whenever he gets a chance.
>>
>>15615136
>things literally every anime does to cut costs
>every other anime does it
>"meh, comes with the territory"
>IBO does it
>"REEEEEEE REEEEEE FELCHER MENSTRATION REEEEE [angry pig noises intensify]

Just wait until the next major series Gundam comes out and everyone makes a million bitch threads about how awful it is and how IBO was just underappreciated.
>>
>>15615136
>people are still hung up over this shit show
I just want to forget everything except the mecha and move on, who cares for other's opinions?
>>
File: This looks like a turd.webm (930KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
This looks like a turd.webm
930KB, 1280x720px
>>15615603
>>
They spent all their time drawing stills so when it came to actually animate all they had ready were scribbles.
>>
File: 1496290956126.jpg (5KB, 199x165px) Image search: [Google]
1496290956126.jpg
5KB, 199x165px
>>15615621
It boggles my mind that people actually defend this shit. I think Banrise actually makes shows for actual fucking retards. Felcher Gundam was Banrise taking a horrible rotten looking dump on a plate then a bunch of brain dead fuckers eating said turd and asking for seconds.
>>
>>15615620
Nope, it's EEEEEEEE, we be Shocker combatants mother fucker!
>>
>>15615620
>SEED and AGE comes out
>everyone complaining MUH UNDERSTANDING
>they say they want a MC who kills people mercilessly and no more MUH UNDERSTANDING
>IBO comes out and they get their wish
>Mika the MC kills people in cold blood
>No more MUH UNDERSTANDING
>MFW People complain Mika is a psychopath and heartless for killing
>MFW they say Tekkadan are villains for killing so many people without understanding them

If the next MC refuses to kill people and the whole point of the show is understanding the enemy you have no right to complain.
>>
>>15617857
I have never complained about UNDERSTANDING and would welcome future MCs as such as long as they're better than terribad pilot Loran
>>
I remember when people made these exact same fucking threads about SEED's QUALITY.

It's all the same shitty sweatshop TV anime. You can cherry-pick the worst of the worst from all of them. Go watch an OVA if you can't stomach rushed animation.
>>
>>15615160
>YEAAAAART
>>
>>15617895
not cherry picked if every other episode is littered in it
>>
>>15617857
/m/ is as fucking contrarian as /co/ & /tv/ are.

>captcha: Parking NO PARKING
Fucking get your shit together captcha...
>>
>>15617892
Actually some autistic-but-kind anon just recently did a count through the entire series and Loran ended up with like a 42% hit rate on his rifle shots, which is pretty good all things considered. Probably much higher than characters like Kamille and Setsuna. I wouldn't say he's bad in any regard.
>>
They did something similar in one of the recent Thunderbolt episodes
>>
>>15617857

There is a middle ground between UNDERSTANDING and cold blooded murderer, I'm sure people would still complain either way.
>>
>>15618036
What if we just break their knees?
>>
>>15618036
Gundam is too large and too varied to be universally palatable to anyone right now. No matter what a new show is, it will be different enough from (and subjectively worse than) enough precursor series to tick off enough people to form a vocal minority.

The only show I can think of since /m/'s formation that didn't cause this was Build Fighters, because that show was so obviously different than anything previous that it forced people to take it on its own terms. Then came Try, and one of the most common complaints about Try was "Why didn't they keep the good parts of GBF?". (And please don't misunderstand me: I'm not saying Try was good.)

The only thing they can do at this point is polish their product so that the disgruntled can't cherry-pick glaring errors like OP has. Then the shitflinging will be constrained to vaguer, more clearly subjective topics like "the writing is garbage" or "the designs are shit".

Mark my words, whatever the next Gundam is, it will have vitriolic shitposters, at least one derogatory catchphrase, and I'd lay even odds that when it finishes we have a thread or six with an OP of "So can we all agree that was the worst Gundam ever?".
>>
The amount of butthurt this show causes is hilarious
>>
10 years later, perhaps even sooner, people would shitpost about IBO being the best Gundam show with the same reason for SEED and SEED Destiny.
>>
>>15617830
People have shit taste, people have defended worse affairs in several forms of media to get fucked over with it, this isn't new, this isn't uncommon, just stop going to other sites just to get mad over that fact and think of something else.
>>
>>15618453
>People have shit taste
Don't you mean all of us?
>>
>>15615197
Thats bullshit though, other gundam shows and even anime in general don't generally have animation this bad, trying to say its because of deadlines just show how utterly incompetent the animators on sunrise are when in most other animation companies they have no such problem.

The fact is that IBO really did look like ass, even when previous gundam shows didn't look this bad outside of the original that was cancelled
>>
>>15615136
Deja Vu (I've just been in this place before). Didn't you already post this on /a/ last night?
>>
I refuse to believe there is a single HONEST IBO hater. You people scrape your keyboards so hard either defending it or tearing it apart that i think part of you are genuine fans and part of you are frustrated fans who got so anxious over the new series that it fried your brain circuits when the show finished in a way you didnt like it. The idiots who ask in every thread how people defend this or that, get it through your brain that everyone like different things and sees shit in things YOU like. Neither of you is going to change anyones mind over IBO.
>>
>>15615136
If you cant get over it on your own it means you dont like it. Dont make threads about it.
>>
>>15618517
>Idiots
>s
Seriously?
>>15618458
Good point
>>
>>15618530
Its like asking a person who likes honey instead of maple syrup on his pancakes "Why do you do that?". Because he likes it.
>>
>>15615136
>>15615163
Dude you spend way too much time posting about Iron-Blooded Orphans

I mean it, I see you here all the time, you post about it ten times more than I do and I really liked it

Get a hobby or a girlfriend or something Jesus
>>
>>15618544
Is the OP the shitposter I heard about here on /m. The one who floods the board with IBO? I saw the same pictures and clips already so it would make sense.
>>
>>15618555
Yes.

It's not like anyone really disagrees either; I'm an animator myself and there's really no good excuse for the few times IBO had poor quality animation; any number of things could have caused it, usually last minute revisions or deadlines. Every single Gundam, every single animated media ever has something similar due to the nature of modern animation as a business. It's unfortunate but it's par for the course and it really doesn't affect Iron-Blooded Orphans in any way unless you focus on them like the OP does for some reason. The couple of times there are poor animation has absolutely no effect on IBO's story or narrative, which seems to be what this guy has a problem with.
>>
>>15615136
Maybe you're overreacting.
>>
>>15618563
Honestly I feel that at times it doesn't work the close combat feel at times or the designs, stays so much on the panning shots of said scenes or it was stills with really good but short animation (only indefensible time personally with final episode during the Graze massacre).
I blame the fact that the designs were too complex for the team and budget at times. Honestly annoying how the best ones never get shown off much.
I felt best fights were Hashmal and Vidar v Bael, they did their best to hide it and it worked well a lot, I enjoyed those fights a lot though.
But yeah, plot is irrelevant in that matter, half of the consistencies on why this survives this is because of writing, not animator faults, even with better quality animation it would still be the same,
>>
>ANN members sincerely think IBO has high quality animation
I question what rhetoric that place is spewing
>>
>>15618563
>>15618580
The animation is what Nagai(maybe even Okada) or someone from the leadership ordered. IBO, Thunderbolt and Origin came out in relatively together so there is no excuse as to why IBO had the problems it had. The animators did what they were told to do and in time they were given. Storywise, I’ve read that Nagai and Okada were constantly buttin heads over the direction so that explains the story. Overall we got what we got and its entirely up to each individual whether he likes it or not.
>>
>>15618555
Yeah. He also the one who keeps making the ANN threads. If someone brings up ANN or Animesuki or whatever like >>15618597
, it's him.
>>
>>15618601
Yeah I get that. Melee focus was probably them. But if the two wanted no reused frames they should've kept it in mind for the fact that budget wouldn't cover drawing those designs or the fluidity.
>>15618597
What thread were you at
>>
File: bbrTNQ6.jpg (130KB, 1200x925px) Image search: [Google]
bbrTNQ6.jpg
130KB, 1200x925px
>>15618601
Yeah, it's not like IBO'S two 25 episode TV series that need an episode out a week, or that Thunderbolt's a two season 4 ep ONA that's only 15 minutes long and comes out once a month, or that The Origin is a 6-episode OVA with a longer runtime than a TV series but with a longer time frame between episodes (like 3-4 months) and CG mecha so they can focus more on getting Yas's character designs right.

It's totally the decision of the director the animation quality is bad compared to other recent gundams
>>
>>15618621
>they should've kept it in mind
Definitely. Bad planning and fighting over the story. Probably also reshoots and revisions. They should have either simplified the desings on screen to a consistent level or kept it detailed but shorten the sequences so its easier to balance throughout the whole series. It has been said over and over they chewed more than they could handle and it backfired. Luckily only IBO got the direct hit and Thunderbolt and Origins were kept steady.
>>
>>15618632
So it was no ones fault? Someone definitely said you have x amount of time to do this and no buts about it.
>>
>>15618603
>he thinks I am OP
Hilarious, /y/ner.
>>
>>15617857
>IBO comes out and they get their wish
I didn't know everyone who watched Gundam wanted the same thing
>>
>>15618651
With every buzzword you spam you're not helping fool a man
>>
>>15618688
>being this paranoid
>>
IBO's designs were too complex for a 2D tv anime, especially when done by one of Sunrise's side studios
>>
>>15618689
Keep crying on how IBO is the worst thing since sliced bread you baby.
>>15618716
I'd kill for another side manga. Steel Moon has some issues with the fight scenes and representing the MS via its metallic shading making things hard to understand its flow.
>>
>>15615160
I came to post this
>>
>>15618716
>IBO's designs were too complex for a 2D tv anime
So this is your execuse now?
>especially when done by one of Sunrise's side studios
Its the same fucking studio that's animated every fucking Gundam TV series for the past 15 years
>>
>>15618722
The side story terrible compared to the TV show. The story is shallow as well, not to mention the shading proble. that you have mentioned.
>>
>>15618731
There's different studios within Sunrise that work on Gundam, or did you really think one team was doing every Gundam ever?
>>
>>15618732
Hence "another". Want to see a different author/artist do other things with the design.
It just seems boring than the schizo mess that was S2, though that depends on if there's even s synopsis past chapter 4.
>>
>>15618733
>There's different studios within Sunrise that work on Gundam
Yes you fucking retard, that's what I said. Studio 3 has been the defacto Gundam TV studio for 15 years and with the exception of G-Reco (Studio 1) has animated every Gundam TV series, its anything but a fucking side studio like your dumbass is suggesting
>>
>>15618722
>Keep crying on how IBO is the worst thing since sliced bread you baby.
Prove that guy is even the whiner, Clawshrimpy.
>>
>>15618716
>studio 3
>side studio

LOL
>>
>>15618746
Man if deflecting to irrelevant attention whores all you can do, that's sad.
Or what you're going to make another buzzword? Where was /y/ner even used outside of the same faggot in the IBO threads?
>>
>>15618768
Whoa! That mouth is huge! How many stars and galaxies did your mouth eat today?
>>15618716
It's almost like attempting them was a really stupid idea.
>>
>>15618776
Enough to be destroyer of worlds, why you asking? Any yet despite that my level of shitposting can't match yours oh great one
>>
>>15618742
>>15618753

if you look at the gundam titles that the other studios have made, it's kinda of a newbie training ground that produced all the gundam with questionable levels of quality, so sort of yes it's a side studio with respect to Gundam.

Studio 1: Original, G, Wing, X, Turn A, G-Reco, Unicorn, Thunderbolt
Studio 2: Zeta, ZZ, Victory, Char's Counterattack and F91
Studio 3: 0083, 08th MS Team, (with 9 SEED, DESTINY), 00, AGE, Build Fighters, Build Fighters Try, IBO
Studio 4: SD Gundam, 0080
Studio 9: Seed,Destiny
D.I.D.: MS Igloo, The Origin
>>
>>15618790
So like what is the issue here, the animation team for studio 3 being different for IBO leading to skill issue, did they outsource more for this or did Subrise screw them over with this project or what
>>
>>15618790
Victory is Studio 3
>>
>>15618794
They're running out of money. Twilight Axis is like 3 minutes.
>>
>>15618809
Well problem solved then.
>>
>>15618790
>Studio 3: 0083

Storywise it's questionable but it's some of the best animation in the entire franchise.
>>
>>15618790
IBO is definitely the anomaly here as we can pin Seed and Destiny on Studio 9.
>>
>>15618794
newbie training ground

Do you really think Studio 3 has the same people every year?
>>
>>15618833
Why would they let newbies work on Gundam right away? Shouldn't they start with some moeshit or something?
>>
>>15618836
Well considering moeshit is probably a higher priority than Gundam these days...
>>
>>15618842
they employ the highest tier of animators to make the boobs jiggle just right
>>
File: t cry.jpg (61KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
t cry.jpg
61KB, 601x601px
>>15618842
>yfw you realize IBO had no boob jiggle
>>
>>15618849
>>15618859
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>15618790
>newbie training ground
>0083, 08th MS Team, Build Fighters, 00 AGE
>>
>>15618833
>Do you really think Studio 3 has the same people every year?
Animators who worked on GBF work on IBO hell Obari who was coming off TRY a few months prior was an animation director for IBO.
>>
>>15615136
>>15615163
Reason is simple. They're cutting cost. If you're making money, you need to cut costs.

Now your problem is judging a merit of an Anime by its animation. Sure i don't think IBO is good. But you sound like you don't like 70's/80's TV robot anime because most of them had worse quality than this. And you can't be a real /m/ guy without having at least some appreciation of those anime.
>>
>>15618790
Buddy Complex was made by newbies but it still better than IBO.
>>
So who is to blame for IBOs shit animation?

We need to settle this once and for all.
>>
>>15618887
Sunrise
>>
File: 189467546189.jpg (2MB, 2000x2199px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
2MB, 2000x2199px
>>15615136
>>15615163
>>15615183
>>15617814
>>15617830
>It's an "OP doesn't understand anime production" episode.

The funny part is that you assert that IBO is the only show that ever did this. Furthermore it's like you've never heard of Bluray releases fixing most of the animation issues that the show had when it was airing.
>>
File: tumblr_neh148QEGk1rjxyrgo2_500.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neh148QEGk1rjxyrgo2_500.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>15618966
I'm saying Felcher Gundams animation is below average. G-Reco, 00, and maybe even BF had better animation. All those shows also released earlier than felcher gundam.
>>
>>15618881

except ALL 80's ANIME WAS HAND DRAWN ANIMATION

NOT CG CUT AND PASTE BULLSHIT
>>
>>15615136

It's LITERALLY less than a second lol who cares
>>
>>15621341
>Felcher Gundam

why do people keep calling it that
>>
>>15621365
And 80's probably had more budget compared to current day bullshit to afford that handrawn shit.
Plus abusing reused frames.
Or he could be refering to 0079 Gundam about the 70's and its QUALITY at times.
>>
>>15621386
Has anyone ever actually looked at the budget of 80s anime compared to today and adjusted it for inflation?
>>
>>15621382
>People

Person*
>>
>>15621832
nope, people
>>
>>15621832
Given how consistently ONE person decides to take outrage with a particular show and dedicate entirely more time than any one productive member of society should have to bitching about in in EVERY thread it appears in, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is also the Valvrager and the IS Shitter, among others.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.