[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam AGE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Gundam-age.jpg (255KB, 1440x1791px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam-age.jpg
255KB, 1440x1791px
So I've just started watching this... the premise of the show is promising but I know that many people were disappointed in it and that it's regarded pretty poorly as far as Gundam go. I'm only at the very beginning and it's very close (a bit too much probably) to the typical gundam opening. Characters have yet to do anything noteworthy and even the protagonist isn't particularly appealing. Not sure I like the overall ms designs but at least it's cool to have two very different design approach. I'll probably try to keep up to the second gen...

Anyway, Gundam AGE thread if it needed be done...
>>
Oh man just wait for Flit. He goes full Hitler later on.

I only watched the first part but a friend relayed to me that it doesn't really get much better. The problems where it's constantly cramming stuff into a limited number of episodes doesn't go away.
>>
It's a shame, AGE started off neat with the Vegan camping the spawn point and Flit shanking one of them with a beam knife
But by the end it was so dumb that I dropped it with only 3 episodes left
>>
>>15614292
Don't worry OP, the first fifteen eps are pretty good. Once episode 16 happens though it's all down hill (except eps 28 and 29, those kick loads of ass)
>>
Is Age worth watching if I just want to see robutt fights? I skipped it entirely but there have been a bunch of decent fight scenes in webm threads that caught my interest.
>>
>>15615276
oh absolutely
>>
>>15614301
>Oh man just wait for Flit. He goes full Hitler later on.
So he manages what Gihren didn't? I know that Flit is suppose to grow full kill'em all, it's the other protagonist who are a problem is that it?

Also, I get that it's referencing the original series and all, but it's just way too close, you get Bright, Fraw, Hayato, the Gundam, the White Base, roughly the same basic action. It's a bit of a shame.

The Age Builder seems insanely OP, but I guess it makes for a nice plot device, don't know how they'll use it but it's a neat idea, even if a little bit over the top.
>>
>>15616513
By gen 3 he hates Vegans with an obsessive passion. He subliminally trained his grandson from childhood to pilot a gundam to kill vegans. He flips out and has an autistic fit whenever someone even suggests not killing all the vegans. Every time something bad happens in his life it usually is tied to the vegans somehow.

At the end his grandson brainwashes him into not killing the all the vegans, just a lot of them.
>>
>>15614292
I thought the 2nd gen was the best and that seems to have been the resounding opinion from most western viewers and Japan (to the point that the 2nd arc got an OVA version with some new animation), but each to their own I guess.
>>
>>15616513
>The Age Builder seems insanely OP, but I guess it makes for a nice plot device, don't know how they'll use it but it's a neat idea, even if a little bit over the top.
For what it is it's actually extremely underused.
>>
>>15616542
I liked the fact that it was essentially a self-learning 3D printer that made new parts in response to enemies it observed.
>>
>>15614301
>The problems where it's constantly cramming stuff into a limited number of episodes doesn't go away.
The pacing is absolutely dogshit, it spends a bunch of time on several episodes that end up being filler (or worse), which exacerbates the problem when they need to actually make shit happen.

>>15615276
2nd Gen has several pretty good fights. That's about it though.
>>
>>15617427
>it spends a bunch of time on several episodes that end up being filler (or worse)
"hey we only got less than 10 eps left, should we try and wrap this up?"
"naw lets introduce a new character and then kill her 2 eps later"
>>
>>15616524
My problem was that at the end of 2 he goes full purge but by next episode it's like the opposite happened.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.