[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /m/ Team Walter or Team David?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

Is /m/ Team Walter or Team David?
>>
Why is the franchise called Aliens if they're just mutants?
>>
>>15613450
Why do people ask rhetorical questions?
>>
>>15613451
I don't know.
>>
>>15613443
Team Walter I guess. Walter is the robot man that creates the Predators, right?
>>
>>15613455
>not wanting to be upstaged by his dickass older brother David, Walter spends the next ten years after reactivating trying to breed his own killer alien race.
>He uses the Facehugger as a basis for their face.
>Also they get dreadlocks because of his faszination with Rastafarian culture.
>The next Alien vs. Predator movie is literally about two androids staging an intergalactic cock fight

I kinda want this.
>>
>>15613450
How does any of the xenomorph lore or architecture exist if David created the xenomorph?
>>
>>15613468
because the lore doesn't exist anymore.

we star wars now. you want more of those cool ominous and mysterious, beyond human understanding ancient murals? nope, their gone, just like Hollywood dignity.
>>
>>15613443
Team "everything after Alien doesn't exist".
>>
I didn't think Prometheus was great, but this movie really destroyed what little I liked about it by brushing the engineers under the rug just so they could focus on the poster child.
>>
Daily reminder that Walter chose to "reign in hell" while consigning David to "serve in heaven", heaven being of course, space, but David is too idiosyncratic for such simple dutiful obedience.

Also, the scene with the "backburster" was unpleasant as hell to watch.
>>15613459
Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator vs. Blade Runner when?
>>
>>15613479
Hey Aliens is perfectly fine
>>
>>15613443
Walter is the superior version. He fights for humans. David is just a cucked psychopath in love with biological killer machines.
>>
>>15613443
I identify more with Walter but David is one of my favorite type of villains.
>>
post moar ebil AIs
>>
>>15613443
I identify with David's line of thinking excluding the whole kill everyone that's nice to you
>>
>>15613475
I'm so fucking mad that was somehow a suit and not a corpse
>>
>>15613455
What?
>>
Ridley Scott's gay robot boyfriends can go to hell
I can't wait for Fox to throw this shit out the window when the contract is finished.
>>
As much as I hate Prometheus and what Ridley has done to Alien universe, I did enjoy Covenant. I like David as a supervillain.
>>
>>15618018
It'd be pretty decent if it weren't an Alien film. Just call it DAVID. (Then get James Cameron to make DAVIDS.) And instead of the Alien just use different Black Goo mutants. I wanted to see more crazy beasties, like the squid monster or the super zombie from Prometheus.

Also I'd appreciate it if the characters had more survival instinct than a grilled cheese sandwich.
That scene where he lures the captain to his death belonged in a comedy.
>>
File: Neomorph (1).png (363KB, 479x480px) Image search: [Google]
Neomorph (1).png
363KB, 479x480px
>>15618237
>And instead of the Alien just use different Black Goo mutants.
Just stick with the Neomorphs. They're distinct enough from xenos to be their own thing. And yes, it would be great if it was set in its own universe. I like the idea of the Engineers, just not in this setting.
>>
>>15618018
"Alien universe"

Alien was a really good b-horror movie with pretty vague implications of a larger universe at play so it didn't have to invest in anything, but the plot was basically evil spooky corporation causes some shit to go down and the cast has to overcome, very standard backdrop for a story in that era. Any "universe" to it was added later and adding to something that was relatively barebones was a terrible idea to begin with. That's not even counting the slew of terrible comics or the AVP franchise. People need to just get over it. Covenant was a decent popcorn flick at best but it's not ruining anything. The worst thing the movie does is suffer from being unable to decide whether it wants to be a straight up horror flick like the original or a sci-fi disaster flick
>>
>>15618251
>Covenant was a decent popcorn flick at best but it's not ruining anything.
>adding to something that was relatively barebones was a terrible idea to begin with.
Yeah, that's the point. Explaining things that don't need to be explained is what ruined it. The aliens were mysterious. Now they're not because we know they were made by a crazy android from Earth breeding parasitic wasps.
>>
>>15618251
>Alien
>evil spooky corporation
Retard.
>>
>>15618246
This. I was really fucking hoping the one that made it onto the ship at the end was Neomorph.
>>
File: yogurt spaceballs.jpg (378KB, 1934x1088px) Image search: [Google]
yogurt spaceballs.jpg
378KB, 1934x1088px
Why did they think anyone cared much about where the aliens came from?
Why did they decide to make the entire series' plot ultimately come down to weyland corp?
Why did they make weyland look like yogurt from spaceballs?
>>
>>15620143
Because Ridley Scott is old and senile and wants you to find God.
>>
>>15620170
Ridley hates God though.

>Characters with religious affiliations always die extra special deaths and receive extra special torment
>>
>>15613443
This is a horrible movie desu. I'm not picking any sides.
>>
>>15620567
He wants you to find him and kill him.
>>
File: Alien Covenant.jpg (52KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Covenant.jpg
52KB, 640x476px
>>
File: Thanks, Ridley Scott.png (1MB, 1277x718px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks, Ridley Scott.png
1MB, 1277x718px
>>15613450
>>15613468
>>15613490
>>15618252
>>15620143
Thanks, Ridley Scott.
>>
>>15622575
lel
>>
File: CH6vmblUkAAClDF.jpg (40KB, 527x671px) Image search: [Google]
CH6vmblUkAAClDF.jpg
40KB, 527x671px
Alien Covenant (2017)
>>
>>15620656
We jRPG now.
>>
>>15624584
Stand tall and shake the heavens.
>>
>>15624584
>>15624699
He's not wrong, David wants to enter Valhalla as a god.
>>
>>15620656
>>
>>15620656
Megaten much?
>>
>>15613495
>Also, the scene with the "backburster" was unpleasant as hell to watch.
I found the throatburster to be more shocking, myself.
>>
>>15613443
David, he is a man of exquisite taste afterall.
>>
>>15626749
>David, he is a man of exquisite taste afterall.
gay
>>
I fapped to the shower scene of this movie.
>>
>>15618018
>>15618237
Yeah, Prometheus and Covenant are a lot more enjoyable if you think of them as David's story.
>>
>>15618252
What is it with franchises overexplaining and making pointless alterations to their lore and shit lately?
>>
>>15637164
Cashing in on nostalgia instead of making new things.
>>
>>15637187
But you're shitting on the nostalgia while doing that. How do you manage to make that sell? They obviously do, but it still confounds me.
>>
>>15639981
They're targeting casual moviegoers who remember that the thing existed, not hardcore fans. The brand recognition is enough. And even if the hardcore fans know it's going to suck, they go see it anyway so they can complain on the internet. It's a foolproof strategy.
>>
Are alien threads safe from deletion now?
>>
>>15640023
This is a thread about Robotman Michael Fassbender, you see.
>>
>>15640023
Have they ever not been?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.