[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any mecha shows with fight scenes similar to this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
Are there any mecha shows with fight scenes similar to this?

https://youtu.be/sWbFV0QT_6k

By similar I mean using mma and similar/higher levels of brutality, as well as low/no weapon usage.

I'm googling for recommendations but I was wondering if /m/ could suggest something better.
>>
>>15613095
Okay then any sort of martial arts then. I don't care. Just as long as it isn't fires laser to win.
>>
>>15613102
>>>/k/
>>
>>15613088
Tetsujin has no weapons
Gorg and Giant Robo rarely use theirs
Godannar does have weapons, but they're all punch and kick assists. Not a very brutal series though
I'd also check out Cybernetics Guardian/Cyguard, which is VERY brutal

Here's a good Tetsujin webm
>>15608640
>>
>>15613117
Thanks for these
>>
>>15613133
Certainly
If you don't mind weapon usage in addition to melee, Jeeg has a grappling based finishing move (Jeeg Breaker) as well as a double rocket punch. However, you may see it kill things with a drill, a bazooka or a chest laser as well

That's the only other one I can think of, at least out of what has subs
>>
>>15613133
Will also second the recommendation of Tetsujin, Godannar and Jeeg.
>>
>>15613088
In Patlabor the pilots are trained to fight using grapples and joint locks as much as possible to mitigate collateral damage(which they usually fail at anyway), and their only real weapons are a scaled-up revolver and a stun baton. Since they don't have a lot to work with the serious fights tend to get pretty rough, consequently.
>>
File: 1405999909015.jpg (267KB, 800x689px) Image search: [Google]
1405999909015.jpg
267KB, 800x689px
>>15613088
>Super strong and fast mecha that can't use ranged weaponry
>Strap on as much armor as possible
>Go fast and ram the enemy
Broken Blade has what you want
>>
>>15613117
I second Gorg, mainly because I don't remember he using a gun until very late in the series. Until there, is just him beating the crap out of anything and everything on his way.
>>
>>15613088
Asuka vs. MP Evas
>>
>>15615978
Was broken blade popular in /m/?
I got late to the party and wasn't too interested because of the magic aspect but the movies were pretty great.
>>
>>15613088
The mecha fights in Bubuki Buranki are almost entirely fists, each country's Buranki has a unique fighting style too.
>>
>>15616476
It's not actual magic, it's more like a technology that works on fairly specific rules(and doesn't work at all for some people).
>>
>>15616466
That was savage as fuck. Still sad the MP Evas didn't show up in Rebuild.
>>
>>15616031
They give him a big, unwieldy cannon around the midpoint, but he quickly runs out of ammo and starts carrying it around as a club. Then he does pick up a gun late in the series on his own and everyone goes "oh shit".
>>
GGG, but only the very last fight in the entire show
>>
>>15616874
There's a bit more. GGG itself doesn't really use anything apart from its fists and the Goldion Hammer, which it doesn't even start off with. Sure, there's shit like the Dividing Driver, but that kinda thing isn't so much a weapon as a tool for keeping collateral damage at a minimum
>>
>>15616881
I know that, but he asked for mass brutality, something that you don't really see in previous episodes
Even the dangan X fight was heavy on still frames and stock footage
>>
>>15616894
I suppose
That last fight still is the best fight I've ever seen in any mecha show, it's just so damn intense and animated so well. For years, I've been looking for something that can top it, and I've seen some that come close, but none that surpass it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.