[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lacquered Char's Zaku on display at the Met

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: art.jpg (464KB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
464KB, 3200x1800px
>At the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, New York, a plastic model from a popular Japanese anime has been reborn as a work of art.

>The "Char'z Zaku" exhibited at the Metropolitan Museum of Art appears in "Mobile Suit Gundam".

>Several layers of lacquer are painted, shining deep vermillion.

>The Metropolitan Museum of Art assistant curator said, "We would love to attract a new audience, especially young people, not only from Japan but also the United States."

>The plamo Zaku, with a height of more than 30 centimeters, was donated by Kazushi Toki, a lacquer artist. It will be on display until February 2018 as part of an exhibit of traditional Japanese craft techniques.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/fnn?a=20170613-00000103-fnn-int
>>
>>15612216
It's nice... but the Met? Really? This thing isn't exactly the Mona fucking Lisa. A fourteen year old boy can make this in a week.
>>
>>15612216
seamlines , char´s zaku y magenta-pinkish, or salmon , not red.

i´ve seen things more worthy of being called art at the gunpla threads, let alone things exposed at competitions than this...
>>
>traditional Japanese craft techniques
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 560x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 560x470px
The artist is just showcasing his lacquering work. It's less about gundam and more about him being tired of doing yet another box, I'm sure.
>>
>>15612274
then that explains the piece , now the only remaining crime is the use of the wrong color
>>
>>15612216
But the colour is all wrong. At a glance, it looks more like Ridden's Zaku.

And why did he use the oldest MG? Why not the newer Mega Size version? That would probably lend much better to a lacquer coating because of its large size. If he hates the proportions on that thing, why not the old PG?
>>
>>15612280
Clearly the guy who made it was a huge fan of Johnny Ridden, but didn't want to correct people who assumed it was Char's Zaku II and then offered to put it in a museum.
>>
>>15612216
>Kazushi Toki
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Kazushi+Toki%22
>3 results
>>
>>15612398
>>15612398
Try Japanese
>>
>>15612398
I just ran the article through Google translate. Google probably botched the guy's name.
>>
>>15612236
>>15612280
I think the bigger problem, than the exact tone of red, is the fact that the torso is the same hue as the rest when it is supposed to be darker.
>>
>>15612216
I'm actually really excited, since maybe this can kickstart a return of Gundam to the states again like back in the early 2000s.
>>
>>15612311
This is the PG.
>>
File: Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif (3MB, 415x212px) Image search: [Google]
Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif
3MB, 415x212px
>>15612216
>those fucking gaps
>>
File: ExcuseMeSir.jpg (56KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
ExcuseMeSir.jpg
56KB, 240x240px
>>15612934
Something tells me that a small exhibit of lacquered gunpla at the Met is not going to generate much hype or interest in MSG. Especially if the museum-goer has no idea what it was from; they'd probably just think it were some nondescript robot toy.
>>
>>15612934
What?
>>
>>15612398
>>15612430
>>15612476
http://www.kenjitoki.com/
>>
>>15612992
Are you retarded? It's OBVIOUSLY a Transformer Megazord.
>>
>>15613000
It's clearly a red Shockwave you pleb.
>>
>>15612313
wait do you mean the nightmare of solomon?
>>
>>15612216
>Zaku gets displayed in an art museum
>It's the shitty 90s version of the design

This makes me angry
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.