[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP CONMAN STUDIOS:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: 1494247236860[2].jpg (32KB, 608x405px) Image search: [Google]
1494247236860[2].jpg
32KB, 608x405px
Interview with Akihiro Hino, President of Level-5 and Keiji Inafune

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20014836.html

>Since we worked together in "GUILD 02", there was a story that I wanted to do something together

>Inafune: "From the time I was in Capcom, there was a desire to be like Mr Hino."

>"LEVEL 5 comcept" is a company in which each other's feelings became one (?)

>Based on the staff of comcept, the new company will get involved with President Hino

>Although comcept is scheduled to close in the future, it will take responsibility to the title which is currently working to the end.

>Becomes a subsidiary of Level-5. Instead of handling instructions and handling the titles, the idea is that the comcept team and Hino will be making games together

>Osaka is the base. In the future they would like it to be Level-5's Osaka studio.

>Now it is about 15 people, mainly comcept members, but want to increase more and more in the future

>"Dragon Colonies", will be released in 2018
>>
What do you mean?
It sounds like he got a new job.
>>
>>15611359
Didn't Level-5 help produce Gundam AGE and one of their writers was the head writer for AGE? He's just sinking deeper
>>
>>15611366
Level 5 has some good games under their belt though. Which is why when Age was announced a lot of people were hoping the game would be fun.
>>
in 20 years Inafune will claim be the creator of Layton and Ni no Kuni!!
>>
>>15611366
Not writer, the CEO of Level 5 who no showed several meetings about Age
>>
>>15611359
It sounds more like they merged into Level 5
>>
So Age killed a studio?
>>
>>15611435
I honestly don't get how you got that at all
It's just Comcept (the MN9 bakas) that got bought by Level 5
>>
>>15611374
The thing with Level 5 is that they usually run IPs into the ground from oversaturation or other issues. Even Yokai Watch is currently showing signs of fatigue.
>>
So how's Megaton Musashi coming along?
>>
Still waiting for that Rogue Galaxy sequel.
>>
>>15611366
Level 5 is pretty good. But they're bad for things not made for children.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170613-213200.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170613-213200.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
That reminds me, tomorrow Studio 4°C is going to pitch their Red Ash short to foreign investors at the Annecy animation trade show, in hopes of getting them to pay for more.
I wonder what that means for the game. Surely they're not going to try to make people pay for a commercial to someone else's game?

https://anime-tokyo.com/english/works-2017-en/#beyond
>>
>>15612340
Then how did they mess up Gundam
>>
>>15612360
>to someone else's game?

A game that doesn't exist. And yes, that was basically Inafune's plan. It's stupid and probably wouldn't work.
>>
>>15612340
They are also bad with their own games too, whenever anything they make get moderate success they proceed to absolutely swamp the marked with a gorillion of versions of everything until people get tired of seeing it
>>
>>15612368
They the anime using the same thought process you use to make games, ever wonder why there is a literal final boss in the anime that came out of nowhere? Look at their games and you see a nearly identic thing happen every time
>>
blah blah blah, who gives a shit? where's the next Soul Sacrifice?
>>
>>15612406
I don't know, it was fine in LBX
>>
>>15612360
Damn it, I was going to link to the 15 (30?) minute Red Ash OVA where it was reuploaded to Youtube, but it's been taken down.
>>
https://pastebin.com/UPL0DnKH

-Hino is a new type of person that has never been involved with Gundam before
-Usually when enemies show up all of a sudden inside a space colony, people try to explain why; Hino however thinks this is important.
-What he thinks is important is the timing of the enemies showing up: He has a tendency to think of a story as a sequence of in-game events.
-The staff working on the show had to take Hino's ideas and add the missing logic to them.
-They purposely left holes in the setting so that the fans would bite, and use those for getting ideas, but unfortunately this did not work out at all.

-At first they did not find the bad response to Age especially surprising, as this had happened with other Gundam series countless times before.
-However, about three months in (around December) they started to feel that something was wrong
-With other series, this is the point that the viewers start to say positive things, but this was not the case with Age. Even though there were positive things said, the negative things overwhelmed them drastically.
-Even so the staff tried their best to make the show interesting.
-They started to get confidence around the time HG AGE-2 went on sale. Sales also stabilized around this point.
-They found it interesting how many users played around modifying Age kits (more than usual).
-One of Age's unique qualities was being able to see a lot of modded kits while the show was airing.
>>
-Now that the show is over, tell us what you feel about it.
Hino: Well, honestly I think we could've used more episodes. For example it would've been nice if there were say another ten episodes for Asem's school part. In the project phase we were originally going to broadcast Age for a year and a half (6 cours = 78 episodes), so the whole show would've been better if we just had more time.

-What do you think of the conclusion?
Hino: It was great because we managed to tie up the endings of all three generations. There was the feeling that we had to settle things between Asem and Zeheart once and for all. Also, the story of two forces fighting and eventually coming to accept one another is pretty standard for Gundam, I believe.

-How Flit who had spent his entire life wanting to destroy the Vegans stopped at the very last moment left an extremely strong impression on us.
Hino: The opinion that it wasn't that good to have him leave the final decision to a woman who isn't even his wife. I mean, he married Emily, has kids, yet in the end it's Yurin. But you have to remember that he didn't just part with her, he lost her at a stage of growth when he was at his most sensitive. Even though he's married he can't forget her. This kind of stuff happens in real life too, not just cartoons. The female staff on the team didn't understand at all, but I personally feel it was extremely realistic.
>>
-In what way did you feel Age was "Gundam-like"?
Hino: I always had that feeling of "Gundam-like"ness even before I started creating Age. Basically it's the concept of humans pitting their thoughts and emotions against each other through the medium of Mobile Suits. What was difficult was whether to depict the Gundam as a hero or a weapon. The tuning there is what determines Gundam, I think. For example in one of the scenario meetings we discussed how the weapons and war need to be depicted more realistically, while in another meeting the opinion of how it should be a more crazy super robot thing turned up. This stuff changed every week. Everyone, even among the stuff and fans, has different experiences with Gundam, so not everyone has the same image.

-What is your straight opinion on working with Gundam?
Hino: Gundam has strong influencing power, and I received a lot of advice and criticism from the fans. But even so I really enjoyed myself each time. I think the reason I managed to find this to be so much fun even though it was really difficult is because the DNA inside me received the influence of Gundam as a child.

-Finally, a message for your fans please.
Hino: I really love Gundam and was truly glad to be able to stay with the project to the end. I feel that we managed to achieve the concept of depicting protagonists of different generations, and that Age can be lined up alongside the other past Gundams. While I'm not sure if it managed to fulfil everyone's expectations, I created Age with the opinion that this is one way that Gundam can be great. Also working in the field let me feel the power of Gundam, and interacting with the fans showed me how big Gundam is. I will definitely use this experience to better whatever I work on from now on, and if I have a chance to work with Gundam again, I would love to.
>>
They're still doing Red Ash, but I really hope they just ignore Inafune for the most part other than design
>>
>>15613176
Last time I checked the game's development was outsourced (although comcept's shtick is planning then giving it to another studio to develop so I dunno if you can truly call it outsourcing) to a literally-who studio in China who've never made an action game before.

We haven't heard a thing about it in two years and my hopes aren't high. Maybe they'll surprise us.
>>
>>15613197
>>15613176

If they were still doing Red Ash, we'd of heard of it in the announcement.

ZERO news for 2 years is not good. It's dead.
>>
>>15612406
I havent watched age but you clearly havent played many games if you think a last minute final boss is a game thing.
>>
>-Usually when enemies show up all of a sudden inside a space colony, people try to explain why; Hino however thinks this is important.
>-What he thinks is important is the timing of the enemies showing up: He has a tendency to think of a story as a sequence of in-game events.
>-The staff working on the show had to take Hino's ideas and add the missing logic to them.
Sounds to me that the problem here is that the guy is a bad vídeo game writer.
>>
>>15612340
Okay, but AGE wasn't even a good mecha show for children. Compare it to Danball Senki Wars. AGE was just bad.
>>
>>15613639
>vídeo
The games he was responsible for were fine though.
>>
File: d-arts wizel.jpg (59KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
d-arts wizel.jpg
59KB, 500x334px
I just hope they do another White Knight Chronicles game. WKC 2 was really fun, and the lack of an Avatar Story translation still makes me salty.
>>
>>15613639
>>15613715
Thing is, video game logic usually can't really apply to other media. It's like if Mario collected coins floating in the air for no reason whatsoever during the SMB movie.
>>
>>15613639
>>-Usually when enemies show up all of a sudden inside a space colony, people try to explain why; Hino however thinks this is important.
> >-What he thinks is important is the timing of the enemies showing up: He has a tendency to think of a story as a sequence of in-game events.
He's not necessarily wrong. A good hook is more important than the reason when you're starting a story and an explanation right off the bat will just weigh it down. It's why amateur writers who insist on long winded prologues should end themselves
>>
>>15614019
True.
>>
>>15613625
I'm not talking about games in general, I'm talking about their very own games, the anime follows nearly identic plotline
>>
>>15614236
"Same thought process you use to make games" refers to all games though
>>
>>15613715
You had random enemis where they didnt belong in those?

>>15614019
Depends on what aspect. Mario is too "videogamey", yeah but not all games are. Easy example: visual novels. And, again, the flaw given isnt something exclusive to games nor is required in games.

>>15614022
What you're saying is right but its not what's being discussed. Yes, hooking people without explaining is good(if done correctly) but doesnt mean the explanation can be bad. And still not something video game exclusive.
>>
>>15614404
Which begs the question; what IS the earliest story that had specific entities randomly arriving for no reason?
>>
>>15614411
Dunno, but i'm sure the first badly written story wasnt a video game.
>>
>>15614424
I know of that. There has to be something from antiquity that was the first to be bad, whether it's in the Bible, Greek, Shakespearian, or whatever. For all we know it could have been a really poor cave painting.

All that aside though, Hino should just use intermediaries that adapt his ideas for anime and not get personally involved at all.
>>
>>15611359

I actually kind of feel bad for him
>>
>>15614404
VNs are shit, so
>>
>>15613946
Maybe they can finally make it play like the original trailer looked. Then again, considering how quickly they buried WKC by ripping out everything from it's infrastructure, from the online features to the DLC, I think it's safe to say that Level 5 isn't very proud of it and probably won't be back to it ever.
>>
>>15613946
I liked the knight customization, i wish there was more and more depth to it. WKC3 never
>>
>>15613639
He's a gigantic idiot because even RPG adaptations removed random encounter elements from the games.

I mean, did he not watch LBX's adaptation?
>>
>>15614685
Why would he
>>
>>15614688
LBX/Danball Senki is a Level 5 property. Every Level 5 game adaptation that wasn't Age typically has no direct involvement from him.
>>
>>15614922
Still doesn't answer why
>>
Congrats to Inafune on failing upwards
>>
>>15614973
>failing upwards

I don't know, this sounds like a life preserver by one of his friends. Inafune probably is gonna work on mobile shovelware from now on. That's a far cry from the New Capcom he was trying to build, with several Hot IPs.

Inafune imagined a world where kids had Beck lunchboxes, watched the MN9 cartoon, Michael Bay did the gritty live action movie, and the series was a huge cash cow. It was an absurd dream, and it's dead.
>>
Excuse me for not following this as closely as I could have but why are we laughing at Inafune? Didn't he make gajillions of dollars on Mighty Blunder 9? Even if it is a failed series by any definition, he still made a lot of money, he probably doesn't even have to make games anymore if he didn't want to.
>>
>>15615036
I don't think anyone walked away rich from that debacle, I'm pretty sure the couple of million bucks it pulled in were burned on producing it, I think they even ran out of money and couldn't honor their Kickstarter reward promises
>>
>>15615036
Because it's thanks to that huge amount of money he's now seen as a conman after his shitty product.
>>
>>15615036
I don't think he made that much money off of it. Considering the costs of the ports, the very mediocre sales, and the fact that he hasn't even been able to provide many of the promised rewards, I doubt Inafune's pockets are that deep, or were lined so well.
>>
>>15611557
Shut your lying whore mouth. I'd kill for more Dark Cloud.
>>
>>15614999
At least he never got as far as commissioning a pilot like Bubsy's creators.
>>
>>15615246
Based Bubsy
>>
On the plus side, it seems that the Kickstarter is finally updating:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1880531

I'm not a backer, but backers have told me that Comcept is finally, *finally* getting to work on the Vita and 3DS ports, along with shipping out the physical rewards. It's incredibly late, but better than never and "better than nothing," I suppose. I'm kinda happy the folks who backed this trainwreck are at least getting something for their troubles, even if it took way too long.
>>
>>15611359
nobody fucking cares about mighty morpher macross, stop making these threads and bullying this mentally retarded hack
>>
>>15615401

The post is also found here:
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/06/mighty-no-9-3ds-and-vita-versions-due.html
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.