[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megazone 23 XI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (125KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 560x373px
The campaign has met its goal of 10 million yen.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-09/new-megazone-23-anime-project-reveals-new-visual/.117268

The new project's story is set aboard the Megazone 11, a different space colony ship fleet from the Megazone 23 in the 1985 original video anime. Megazone 11's master ships are designed as realistic simulations of Earth cities such as Tokyo, and there is also a satellite ship that is designed to resemble a smaller Japanese provincial city around the year 2020.

The protagonist Sakura is an ordinary second-year middle school student who lives aboard that satellite ship. She leads a secret life as part of a singing duo with Eve, a friend she made online.

On a master ship, a resistance movement flares up. To achieve independence, they must take control of Tiamat, the system that controls the fleet, but the key to the system was lost in battle 80 years ago. With rumors of its reappearance surfacing, both the resistance and the government are seeking the key.

One day, while visiting Akihabara on the Tokyo ship to meet Eve, Sakura is embroiled in the middle of a terrorist attack at the train station. As Eve remotely guides Sakura to safety, Sakura comes across Garland XI, a transforming motorcycle robot mecha that Eve tells her to use.
>>
>>15611250
Jesus, even a pachinko would be better than this shit.
>>
>>15611253
Cry more, autist
>>
>>15611250
>The protagonist Sakura is an ordinary second-year middle school student who lives aboard that satellite ship. She leads a secret life as part of a singing duo with Eve, a friend she made online.

If I hadn't checked the link, I would have been convinced you were memeing or slapped together some troll image. Just...fuck. I hope this goes the way of Justeen
>>
>>15611734
It probably will, if AIC continues to run things into the ground. The kicker is that she is the only one drawn by a different artist than the rest.

The only bright side is that it might be better than II and/or III.
>>
>>15611250
>The protagonist Sakura is an ordinary second-year middle school student who lives aboard that satellite ship. She leads a secret life as part of a singing duo
Great, like modern idol culture is not something cringeworthy.
> a resistance movement flares up. To achieve independence, they must take control of Tiamat,
Resistance against what? Independence from who? Why? There should be economical roots for it. 0079 in all its naivity had been mentioning economical reasons for Zeon to come up, and I doubt that Megazone 23-11 would do something like it.
> embroiled in the middle of a terrorist attack at the train station
Terrorist attack on who? If we're talking of individual terror against officials, then jokes on the creators - VIPs don't ride trains, exept for Kim family. If we're talking about mass terror, then that's the easiest way to turn people away from your movement and the least productive terrorist act.
I'm not funding this bullshit and I hope no sober mind will fund this too.
>>15612113
>it might be better than II and/or III.
Come on, second part was nice. Third one was a bit weaker and unnecessary, but still good.
>>
>>15612149
Yeah, they better give out all the details of the plot and then have retards like you complain that HURR THE SYNOPSIS SPOILS EVERYTHING

>Great, like modern idol culture is not something cringeworthy.
Fuck off, as if mecha isn't infinitely more cringe
>>
>>15612149
>The campaign has met its goal of 10 million yen.
Oh. The japanese industry is doomed.
>>15612153
>they better give out all the details of the plot
They just have to make a sane man to write the story and only then make a good synopsis.
>then have retards like you complain that HURR THE SYNOPSIS SPOILS EVERYTHING
Well, a good pack of spoilers only warms me up for the show.
>as if mecha isn't infinitely more cringe
Fanboying over mecha is cringy for sure.
>>
I think it looks fun and I hope it does well, snce it looks like a vast improvement over the mediocre Part II and the god-awful Part III. I honestly don't get /m/'s hateboner against anything remotely moe or idol related. Mecha is essentially the moe/idol of the 70s and 80s.
>>
>>15612168
>>15612113
Samefag pls
>>
>>15612168
>I honestly don't get /m/'s hateboner against anything remotely moe or idol related
Three reasons:

First and most obviously, can you really say this shit belongs in Megazone 23? This isn't Macross where it has been like that from the start. Are you the type that thinks it'd make perfect sense for MD Geist to have a harem in it?

Second, moeshit and idols are commonly acknowledged to be pandering to mouthbreathing otaku NEETS whose rooms are full of dirty tissues. Their presence in this shows how little AIC thinks of their audience

Third, the fact that they're banking on this audience by inserting this shit while trying to tell a story that appears to be completely unrelated to idol cancer goes to show how anime is a dying meme.
>>
>>15612184
>First and most obviously, can you really say this shit belongs in Megazone 23
Well, Eve was an idol in original Megazone.
The rest of your post is totally fine, I agree.
>>
>>15612184
Moeshit has been a standard for decades and fits perfectly for an IP from the eighties.

>the fact that they're banking on this audience by inserting this shit while trying to tell a story that appears to be completely unrelated to idol cancer goes to show how anime is a dying meme
That exact same logic could be applied to any time in anime history, especially the eighties.
>>
>>15612265
>x was a standard for y time
That's not an excuse. Things should change
>>
>>15612332
Fuck off progressive. Things start to become shit when it changes.
>>15611250
Waiting for a trailer or something, but the story is basically if Shogo Yahagi is a girl idol instead of a punk.
>>
>>15612265
>>15612265
>Moeshit has been a standard for decades
No it hasn't, you faggot. We've always had moe, but we've never had shows which were about moe and idols to the exclusion of all else.

Which brings me to the next part

>That exact same logic could be applied to any time in anime history, especially the eighties
How so? Gratuitous idolshit had never been a widespread thing before around ten years ago. We've had idols before, certainly, but they were always either side characters or confined to SoL anime. Not once had they been forced into a mecha war drama aside from Macross where they came up with an actual good reason for an idol to be there.

This show appears to have idols for no other purpose than to attract pedophiles
>>
>>15611250
>The protagonist Sakura is an ordinary second-year middle school student
enthusiasm...fading
>a secret life as part of a singing duo
...aaaand there it goes.
>>
>>15612184
>First and most obviously, can you really say this shit belongs in Megazone 23? This isn't Macross where it has been like that from the start. Are you the type that thinks it'd make perfect sense for MD Geist to have a harem in it?

Were you paying attention while watching megazone23?
Pop idol was the centrepiece of plot of megazone 23 sling with pandering to 80s fashion and pop culture. Its natural that one set in our time will pander to ours.
>>
File: 1497051960409.jpg (32KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497051960409.jpg
32KB, 282x400px
>>15611250
I think it sounds okay as long as they insert "garland no operator please respond"
>>
File: 1496709494681.jpg (40KB, 461x719px) Image search: [Google]
1496709494681.jpg
40KB, 461x719px
>>15612149
>taking everything at face value too much that you end up with autistic rants even before the egg had hatched
>>
>>15611296
fuck you, this is genuine garbage. hang yourself friendo
>>
>>15611250
Why is the protagonist an idol again? I am okay with it being a girl.
>>
>>15612642
Idols are popular and make money. That's about it.
>>
>>15612649
So why can't it just be Eve? Or a bunch of Eves? I am not sure I like this secret idol shtick.
>>
>>15612655

Eve will sing again and that's good enough for me.
>>
>>15611250
Good luck to them.
>>
>>15612184
Megazone Part I literally had idols as a plot point
>>
>>15612685
But the voice will never be the same as Kumi Miyasato's
>>
>>15612358
>things start to become shit
Because of the fuckers like you modern anime is stagnating.
>>
>>15612184
>First and most obviously, can you really say this shit belongs in Megazone 23?
HAHAHAHAHA, YOU'VE NEVER EVEN FUCKING WATCHED IT HAVE YOU?
>>
File: 1325108185625.png (3KB, 188x128px) Image search: [Google]
1325108185625.png
3KB, 188x128px
>>
>That one guy lashing out at any mention of cute females in /m/ series

What's the matter, not enough bishounen and bara for you?
>>
>>15612642
>Why is the protagonist an idol again?

Because the target audience is that of old males that would prefer to fuck a pillow than a real woman.
>>
>>15613293
It is /v/ posters on summer vacation
>>
Triggered 80sfags on suicide watch. Megazone 23 wasn't even good to begin with. You probably weren't even alive when the originals came out.
>>
>>15611250
lmao
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.