[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

Watching through thunderbolt right now, and damn is this show brutal. I like it so far, but I'm a little fuzzy on where it's supposed to fit in the timeline of the other UC stuff. I'm assuming it is towards the end of the OYW, with some liberties taken on details? It seems to fit around 08th MS team or 0080 from the way it all fits.
>>
>>15611087
The first season takes place more or less towards the end of 0079 with A Baoa Qu, and the 2nd season is afterwards.
>>
>>15611087
do you even watch any version of Mobile Suit Gundam.
be honest.
>>
>>15611099
I'm an old school UC guy, but I'm catching up on all the new stuff from the last few years. The tech in thunderbolt seemed a little advanced for end-game OYW stuff, but all the MSV type suits are nice to see.
>>
>>15611087
>I'm assuming it is towards the end of the OYW, with some liberties taken on details?

Pretty much. It happens right between the battles of solomon and a baoa qu. In the manga the secret purpose of clearing out the sniper nest and zeon outpost was actually because the EFF fleet wanted to use the route that Zeon was using near it as the backdoor they took to reach a baoa qu in the original story. The whole cutting off the supply route was just a cover story and the reason they chose the moore brotherhood was to avoid raising too much suspicion from zeon about what their plans were. Its also why they supplied them so generously.
>>
>>15611103
Thunderbolt's technically Alt-UC, since the manga's author wanted to write the story he wanted over adhering to a strict timeline. The Thunderbolt sector variant GMs, Zakus, etc. are actually just how all GMs, Zakus, etc. look like in the manga. It fits with mainline UC if you keep it as isolated conflicts, but things start getting weird once it move into the post-war period.
>>
File: hpage002-003-1.jpg (2MB, 1739x1197px) Image search: [Google]
hpage002-003-1.jpg
2MB, 1739x1197px
>>15611103
The author by his own admission did what he wanted with the series tech and lore wise without worrying how well it would match the official timeline (and was told to do whatever he wanted with it). So we end up with things like Epacks early. In the manga the designs aren't even variants, they are straight up replacements of the original designs, same model numbers and everything. Thats just what a regular gm and zaku II look like in thunderbolt. There's even a page that shows the thunderbolt zaku being used during operation british (With a char red one cameo appearing for a panel).

People debate how official the ovas are though since sunrise and bandai did tweak a minor thing or two with the unit descriptions and there isn't anything overtly obvious that breaks the established lore or setting despite the authors word on the subject.
>>
>>15611109
>how official the ovas are
Universal Century canon has been pretty wonky for a long time, anyway. Plus the whole "animated = canon" thing referring to mobile suits, not shows/manga/ovas/et cetera.
>>
>>15611108
>>15611108
Neat. I figured that was the case. It seems most every UC Gundam series does that to some extent.
>>
>>15611087
>damn is this show brutal
More like edgy, which is the norm for Ohtagaki.
>>
File: 4102123013_775b4aa052.jpg (125KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
4102123013_775b4aa052.jpg
125KB, 500x375px
>>15611103
>>15611108
>>15611109
I actually wouldn't call it far fetch for UC 0079. the only thing that doesn't fit in canon is the dual shields.

but the FA Gundam Thunderbolt is just a gundam with more thrusters and missiles.

even the original gundam is a speed beast with new interpretations. even as far back as Gihren's Greed, the original Gundam is brutally fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqvlM_WqQhk
>>
>>15613514
>the only thing that doesn't fit in canon is the dual shields.

The epacks. Gundam mk II was supposed to be the first to ofgicially use them and hazel was supposed to have some prototype version for testing. In thunderbolt both the gundam and gm are using them standard.
>>
>>15613521
both are made by Titans.

EF Gundam and GMs are have e-cap. it wouldn't be far fetch for them to be fitted with e-packs via rush job for the escalating battles.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>15613521
and as far as canon goes, before Thunderbolt the very first MS to use a e-pack is Gundam Alex, so its not far fetch at all
>>
>>15611135
Was he the guy that did that one Front Mission manga that was hilariously and pointlessly edgy?
>>
>>15613534
Im saying e packs weren't developed yet. The e cap concept itself was brand spanking new and it was years before the e pack first saw any use. And the titans were supposed to be the ones getting all the cutting edge shit at the time too so it was definitely new tech at that point, especially since they were using a prototype for it.
>>
>>15613538
The Alex's rifle uses an e cap, not an e pack.
>>
>>15613541
yep FM dogs life
>>
File: 18hd1xg5bf1uijpg.jpg (86KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18hd1xg5bf1uijpg.jpg
86KB, 800x450px
>>15613542
Actually, no Gundam Alex is equipped with a e-pack beam rifle, so more or less, e-pack beam rifles are available in OYW. so its not far fetched for e-pack beam rifles to see use in the battlefield.
>>
Thunderbolt isn't canon

The creator has said he just wanted to draw cool robots even if they don't fit in the timeline

It's basically cool fan wank
>>
File: L-9_Type_Beam_Rifle.png (74KB, 597x321px) Image search: [Google]
L-9_Type_Beam_Rifle.png
74KB, 597x321px
>>15613543
>>15613542
Oh, yeah you are right, I'm retarded. Alex is using a e-cap

But, GM Sniper 2 is using a beam rifle with reloading magazine. Its not name what it is, but all in all, it has the same functionality of a e-pac. So, yeah, e-pac beam rifles existed in OYW.
>>
Postwar it completely and irrevocably breaks with UC canon. It is a UC-flavored AU.
>>
>>15613542
also you are wrong on that account, since AE did it first with the GP Gundam series.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.