[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think about this anime? Is it any good and would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

What does /m/ think about this anime? Is it any good and would you recommend me or anyone else to watch it?
>>
Knights of Sidonia is pretty much my favourite /m/ thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Yc3HhSl1Q
>>
>>15609730
>>15609730
Mediocre at best, you'd be better off watching something actually good.
>>
>>15609730
>Is it any good
It's alright. There are aspects of it that are interesting in the story, and the CGI is just good enough to be watchable. I think the second season is better.
>would you recommend me or anyone else to watch it?
I'd recommend checking it out. I feel like Sidonia is going to be somewhat hit or miss overall.
>>
>>15609730
I personally prefer the first season. The character animation can be jarring sometimes. but watching the Gardes in action is simply awesome. Anyway, give it a go, at least it's better than the manga.
>>
I know you haven't watched Tetsujin, watch that instead.
>>
Probably the best Netflix Original mecha show which is not giving it high regards. My and a friend took to calling it 'Attack on Titan with Robots' pretty early on and that remains true for the first season. Then you get to the second season and it starts feeling like Dolores, I in many regards. It's pretty decent overall and honestly I think the CGI was done rather well for what it was.
>>
Izana should have won.
>>
>>15609784
that's cydonia
>>
Sidonia no Kishi? More like Shittonia no Kishit, lol
>>
>>15609730
i liked the first season quite a bit, but i couldn't even get through two episodes of the second
>>
>>15609789
>I'll bite
Like what?
>>
>>15609971
>better than the manga.
What was wrong with the manga?
>>
Alien tentacle penis
>>
>>15610035
Some of the pacing and the action sequences in the manga aren't all that great in the early parts
>>
>>15610031
Giant Robo ova
>>
>>15610035
Just like what this guy said >>15610155 and also Nihei's new art style really turns me off. He's not suited for making moe-moe ecchi stuff like this, he should just stick to good old grimdark and incomprehensible.
>>
I think it would make a good sci-fi robot action show. Too bad it's mostly harem rubbish.
>>
>>15609984
>Probably the best Netflix Original mecha show
I can tell you aren't watching ID-0.
>>
>>15609988
Yep, Nihei pretty much fucked up the ending. Not the first time though.
>>
>>15609730
No idea, but it's likely better than Active Raid or Iron Menstruation regardless
>>
>>15611213
nice meme, fag.
>>
>>15611097
That's shit m8
>>
I fucking liked it, both seasons actually

And I REALLY fucking liked the Blame! Film that came out recently, same style
>>
it's good, I like it
changes some stuff from the manga, especially some designs, but animated mecha is almost always better than its manga counterpart
>>
File: High-Cost_Unit's_Prototype.png (359KB, 1122x1600px) Image search: [Google]
High-Cost_Unit's_Prototype.png
359KB, 1122x1600px
>>15611687
RIP High Cost prototype
>>
>>15610160
Be warned, it is pretty good but is kind of heavy and slow, it's more like an opera.
>>
>>15611680
Impressive shit taste
>>
>>15609984
Sidonia isn't an original since it's based on a manga. It is good though.
>>
>>15611700
Yeah, that's one thing I liked about the manga: the attention mecha and mecha development gets.

As a true mecha fan, I'm mostly into a show/manga because of the robots. I'm willing to look over not so hot stories if the mecha are legit---which in Sidonia's case they are.

When I first came to /m/ I thought others would be like me, but I found out there's a bunch of faggots that care about stories and plots. Honestly, if you care so much about that just read a fucking book. I'm here for the mecha.

Not to say that story is not important, but a true mecha fan would have robots (their treatment, designs, etc.) as a priority.
>>
>>15612991
sorry we aren't as autistic as you
>>
>>15611700
That's what I didn't liked about the anime. It tried too much in too little time. Ending up skipping a lot, and even changing stuff out of convenience.
>>
I felt it was pretty dope as sci fi, okay as mecha and very generic in the general plot.

Humans cloned to maintain society during war, adding photosynthesis to reduce food consumption and produce oxygen, the life inside a closed off colony. And it took time to show how natural it was for them and the customs that came from it. But I guess /m/ doesn't tend to care too much about that stuff.
>>
File: wack.jpg (14KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
wack.jpg
14KB, 324x324px
I hope they have a better ending in mind than the manga, because that shit was wack.
>>
It's disappointing. The manga is even worse.

Nihei has this thing where he always has really good -ideas- and cool settings and shit, but he's not very good and building stories and characters around them. Sidonia in particular is pretty bad about this because it starts out pretty neat, flounders in the middle, and never recovers, so it has a disappointing and hamfisted-feeling ending.
>>
>>15611097

ID-0 isn't on Netflix yet, at least not in Western markets.

It's also bombing really hard. There's barely any fanart, not even lewd shit of the loli and the two teenage girls, which is a pretty good indicator that nips don't give a fuck about it.
>>
File: Benisuzume .webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Benisuzume .webm
3MB, 640x360px
I enjoyed it somewhat, I might even rewatch it, but I doubt I'd recommend it. The full 3dcg is really very wonky.

Also Benis :DD
>>
File: 1483301810516.jpg (89KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
1483301810516.jpg
89KB, 1024x749px
>>15617561
>Benisuzume
>>
>>15617480
That's why we can't have nice things, sadly.

3D shows only tend to do well when they're based on something, like a manga or light novel, or have someone super popular like Urobuchi on board.
>>
File: afraid.png (545KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
afraid.png
545KB, 1280x720px
>>15617561
>every single day, single hour, I can see your face
>>
>>15618026
You can blame the director for that, since he promoted it as a CGDCT show, and the actual show killed it for most.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.