[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomino on UC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 20121203_gundam (1).jpg (60KB, 880x1321px) Image search: [Google]
20121203_gundam (1).jpg
60KB, 880x1321px
Is it true that Tomino considers Gundam UC to be a "bad and unsuccessful universe"?

Direct quotes with sources only please.
>>
>>15605775
Tomino has said almost everything he's worked on is shit at one point or another.
>>
>>15605778
Quotes?
>>
>>15605784
>>15605778
I'm actually curious cuz looking at his weird backpedal over G-Reco from "I don't care what adult fans will think" to "THE MOST HARDCORE OTAKU HATERS ARE 100% RIGHT I'M SORRY EVERYONE ;__________;" he just seems like a very self-critical guy, maybe borderline self-hating
>>
>>15605775
If you mean "bad and unsuccessful" as in humanity keeps fucking up and making the same mistakes over and over, then yeah. the opposite of that is 00's universe.
Don't know about a direct quote though.
>>
>>15605800
Tomino has always come off as far too humble and self-critical to me.

I love the absolute madman and his works, but he really needs to give himself more credit.
>>
>>15605812
I mean in terms of quality.
>>
>>15605820
I think that's the Japanese in general
>>
>>15605820
>>15605800
He comes off as a person who goes out of his way to act humble because he is aware of his tendency to be arrogant. If you got a self-hating vibe it's probably because of this.
He did say about G-reco "Well, I personally like it." but he is too polite to say "You are all plebs for not getting it".
>>
>>15605775
https://pastebin.com/gCgKbzYf
>>
Hey all, /lit/ here
So ive always been a fan of scifi writing, such as Asimov and radbury works.
I dont watch much anime honestly, and i got into gundam through 00 but ill save that for later
So i sat down to watch tominos works (for his human interaction writing cus thats what m suggests
So im gonna be honest, i find tomino reuses the exact same plot points in turn a, gundam, g reco, and king gainer
Is it that tomino just tricks his fans cus theyre literally pretensious and wont read books cus theyre afraid of the truth that tomino cant write
>>
>>15607950
Get the fuck out and learn to spell.
>>
>>15607950
UC Gundam and SDF Macross are probably the best sci-fi series I've ever engaged in. The worldbuilding in both series is spectacular.
>>
>>15605778
He's not wrong.
>>
>>15607950
Despite being about books and reading, /lit/ is one of the most unintelligent boards on 4chan.
>>
>>15607950
To be fair here, how many TV and movie sci-fi writers don't rip off the greats like Asimov and Bradbury? Nothing new under the sun and all that. He also drew inspiration from Heinlein in Mobile Suit Gundam, he wanted Mobile Suits to be something more in line with the power armors of Starship Troopers.
>>
>>15608029
I went there once, and the first thread I saw was a bunch of tripfags circlejerking over how much they hated PKD. Whatever they do over there, I want no part in it.
>>
>>15607950
>/lit/ here read a book lol
>can't fucking write a coherent sentence to save his life
>>
>>15607950
It's dumb to expect most anime to be anywhere near a truly good book in terms of writing. Does it happen sometimes? Sure, but modern animation is a mix of multiple mediums. The animation, the music, the design, the individual drawings, the writing, it all comes together to create the overall experience and I'd say Tomino is pretty good at delivering stuff interestingly.

I doubt he would've been nearly as successful if he was just a writer but writing isn't the only skill he had to hone.
>>
>>15607950
Why didn't you read the ACTUAL books tomino has written then you fucking moron?

You do realize sunrise changes everything from his original script to fit anime right?
>>
>>15605775
You need to avoid anything to do with the author of a series.

Just watch the series but don't get personal on the guy, they might turn out to be fucking retarded and ruin stuff that you could've enjoyed
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.