[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's not that bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

It's not that bad.
>>
>>15604782
What was good about it other than the music?
I mean, even if you like the animation, the things that were actually being animated were some of the worst CGI models I've ever seen
>>
>>15604782
It's even worse.
>>
>>15604782
The most underhanded "compliment" you can ever give something
>>
File: macross zero.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
macross zero.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15604789
You've got it all wrong, aside from the music it was great. Also, for 2002 the CGI was fantastic.
>>
Frankly I always felt the entire franchise was at best mediocre
>>
File: 1496739108232.jpg (27KB, 603x466px) Image search: [Google]
1496739108232.jpg
27KB, 603x466px
>>15605130
>DYRL
>mediocre
>>
>>15605135
Aside from the excellent animation, it suffers from being a movie length remake of the TV show.
>>
>>15604782
the ending makes no sense
Shin died or waht?
>>
>>15605124
Looks better than most recent CG anime, I think.
>>
>>15604782
It's pretty good until the nice lady who sings the magic song that makes rocks float got turned into a giant plant bird thing and got nuked.

I mean...the bit with the SV-51s was cool, at least. And seeing Roy again was nice. That's about it, really.
>>
File: Jay sherman1.gif (17KB, 261x288px) Image search: [Google]
Jay sherman1.gif
17KB, 261x288px
>>15605135

One stand out example doesn't change the fact that the series averages out to be pretty bland.
>>
>>15605167
Nah, Sara teleported away with the nuke to save his life.
>>15605192
That would have to be SDFM.
DYRL is disjointed as fuck even if you've seen the series. I can't even imagine what a mindfuck it would be for someone with no prior knowledge of the story.
>>
>>15604782

agreed its better then frontier or delta

the 0 and 51 are last good fighter designs kawamori has made
>>
File: DYRL_VF-1_ringfight.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
DYRL_VF-1_ringfight.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>15605205
>DYRL is disjointed as fuck even if you've seen the series.
Completely agree, the characters just seem to teleport to the next plot destination, and events seemingly happen with no context, for example, the peace treaty between the Zentradi and UN government before the climax battle. I feel like people who rate DYRL as the best Macross are just focusing on the animation and music.
>>
>>15605124
It only looked good in stills, in motion it was quite disappointing compared to Gonzo's Yukikaze.
>>
File: MacrossZero_Tomcat vs Fulcrum.webm (3MB, 560x314px) Image search: [Google]
MacrossZero_Tomcat vs Fulcrum.webm
3MB, 560x314px
>>15605321
That only applies to the first episode (webm related), which had planes that flew around very weightlessly and was sort of stiff.
By the last two episodes, I thought they had got the motion down pat, how can you say that looks disappointing in motion>>15605124
>>
>>15605167
He became a bird human, duh.
>>
>>15605321
I had the complete opposite thought; the more you can see of the model, the worse it looks

Shit like >>15605330 emphasizes how you can't mix that type of CG with 2D character models and backgrounds. It always looks like ass. CG only looks tolerable in anime when it's cel-shaded
>>
>>15604782
It's not that good either.
>>
>>15604782
I thought it was just okay. I don't hate it as much as other people on /m/ do.

It introduces new lore and piles it on heavily with the Bird-Man and we don't see any retribution for it until Delta some 14 years later. The MC and the lead female were dull and the love triangle suffers for it.
>>
>>15605135
Everything in Macross, aside from maybe some 7 moments was pretty mediocre.
I especially wish Plus was better. Glorious animation. Such a waste...
>>
>>15604789
>What was good about it other than the music?
Sara's titties.
>>
>>15606048
7 is terrible the whole way through. Whoever said that it "gets better after 15 episodes" fucking lied to me.
>>
>>15604782
It really is
>>
It was shit.
Yukikaze > this
>>
I honestly only enjoyed this and Plus. Rest of Macross is super mediocre.
>>
>>15606190
Except for 7, which was shit.
>>
File: Macross.Plus.full.406878.jpg (2MB, 3202x2103px) Image search: [Google]
Macross.Plus.full.406878.jpg
2MB, 3202x2103px
Is this the most mature macross ?
I feel sorry for Guld Goa Bowman
>>
>>15605167
One theory was they warped to Vajra planet- then at the end of Frontier when Brera lands he sees totem that looks pretty much like one in Zero. Plus, this one does not look like ancient one, more like few decades old.
>>15605189
Combat sequences were great. Ivanow vs Roy showed what proper combat in a valkire looks like, Shinn was great example on how hard valks are to pilot and how different from normal plane, assault on carrier fleet gave some glamour shot to destroids and hell, even levitating ships were awesome.
>>15606186
books? Sure. OAV? Hell no. Oh, animation and atmosphere were great but story is too fragmentated to be really interesting. Whole "AI become sentient' plot is pretty much ditched in anime anyway.
>>15606107
>Maya
The Nomes, et all.
>>
>>15606249
>mature
>highschool rivalry
Sure.
>>
>>15606251
>implying piecing the narrative puzzle that is the Yukikaze OVA together isn't the best

I'd back you on Zero if it could just stick to one of the handful of interesting narrative subjects it brings up, particularly the whole idea of the destruction of indigenous cultures, but the whole series kinda spazzes out bouncing from one point to another between episodes.
>>
>>15606261
>it is fun but without suplemental material it remains a clusterfuck. Again, great fun at diggin but damn.
It seems obvious that some executive meddling was involved - first three episodes were great with their themes, ending was rushed when they tried to tie all storylines together.

>>15606261
>destruction of indigenous cultures
Considering what Zentradi did to Earth, I find this highly amusing and ironic.
>>
Zero had good dogfights but that was literally it. All the characters were unlikable or bland, Shin is so dull I can't even remember if his name was really Shin, Roy could have been any generic army man, Sara was a dumb bitch, it changed the lore and made it unnecessarily super mystical..

It sucked.
>>
>>15606388
>super mystical
In what way? Birdman was from the start a bioweapon. Sara's power were in line of what anime spirita were supposed to be capable of.
Flying rocks were silly but can be explained by a field that AFOS was generating - same with flying ships in finale.
Only mystical thing in Zero were believes of islanders but that's a simple cargo cult.
As for overall tone of the OAV, well, agreed. But lorewise everything was actually simplified. Connect it with exposition from Frontier and any semblance of mysticism is dead.
>>
I loved it, it's my favorite Macross show.
>>
I liked it, even though it is flawed. I wish there was more Macross stuff from the Unification War, and I liked the creepy ancient alien vibes the Birdman enigma gave off, even though that didn't really wrap itself up until Macross Frontier.
>>
>>15605189
>And seeing Roy again was nice.
They did miss an opportunity to show Global as well though. It would've been nice.
>>
Macross > Plus > DYRL > Zero > 7 > II > Frontier > Delta
>>
>>15606251
You got a timestamp or anything for that Brera thing? I've never heard of it and now I'm curious
>>
DYRL (as long as you've seen SDF)> 7 Dynamite> SDF> 7> Plus> Delta> Zero
I haven't seen Macross Frontier or 2 yet though.
>>
>>15606388
>mystical
The floating shit was due to the anti-gravity system on the Bird Man.

I thought it was pretty damn obvious from the fact it was made by the Protoculture.
>>
If SDF was Alien and Plus was Aliens, Zero is 3.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.