[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point in transforming into a plane while in space.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: .jpg (150KB, 895x800px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
150KB, 895x800px
What's the point in transforming into a plane while in space.
Stuff like the Core Fighter I could accept.
And even the Zeta's ability to turn into a plane I can accept.
Those are useful on earth.
But why the fuck do that in space, there's literally no reason.
>>
>>15604536
Reposition the suit's thrusters to point in a single direction. Basically the same as atmospheric flight, minus the aerodynamic bonus.
>>
>>15604554
but it negates the original point of limbs in space.
>>
>>15604558
>but it negates the original point of limbs in space.
That's why it can transform, Anon.
>>
For Zeta it was to point all of its thrusters in one direction for maximum speed.
Also to serve as a means for other mobile suits to piggyback on similarly like the generic base jabbers used by AEUG and Titans. Space is yuge and not every mobile suit has the fuel to go long distance, especially if you're trying to get back to a moving carrier ship.
Lastly, the plane mode let the Zeta survive atmosphere entry, like a real world space shuttle does.

With other transformers like the gaplant, Mesala, and Gabthely, I guess it goes back to point one about the Zeta. More speed.
>>
>>15604536
to sell cool transformable toys, what the fuck else.
>>
>>15604599
Suits generally present a smaller overall target when transformed as well
>>
Ramming with a pointy bit of your MS.
>>
because like zoom
>>
>>15604536
Reason 1: Because it looks cool
Reason 2: Macross was a huge hit at the time and they tried to ride the transformable mechs/VF hype with Z, why do you think variable mechs are almost always in the Z timespan in UC and they are next to non existent in the AC entries?
Reason 3: Toys my nigga
>>
File: tumblr_lxzckpYOf91r9gs22o1_500.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxzckpYOf91r9gs22o1_500.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>15604536
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WaveRider

>>15606268
Reason 2 is the correct answer.
You know what's also a huge hit back then? Hokuto no Ken! That's the reason why New Type in Z has aura like they can use Hokuto Shinken.
>>
>>15606268
> Reason 1: Because it looks cool
/thread
>>
File: PqM0rqD.gif (529KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
PqM0rqD.gif
529KB, 500x362px
>>15606457
>You know what's also a huge hit back then? Hokuto no Ken! That's the reason why New Type in Z has aura like they can use Hokuto Shinken.

that's just crazy talk
>>
File: cool.jpg (48KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
48KB, 780x439px
>>15606268
>>15606486
>>
>>15606268
>next to non existent in the AC entries?
After Colony? That show's named after a transformable MS. GUNDAM WING. Also Epyon transformed into a two-headed dragon thing.
Also pretty much every other Black History show had at least one or two.
00 had the Flags, Kyrios, Arios, Braves, Hellion, etc. AW had Airmaster and Ashtaron(arguably). G had Heaven's Sword, AGE had the AGE-2, and SEED had Aegis.

After the original Mobile Suit Gundam, the only Gundam show that hasn't had a transformable fighter of some kind was IBO.
>>
>>15606510
Flauros transforms
>>
>>15606652
Only once and never again after its debut. Hell its original Calamity War version never did transform. http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2017/02/p-bandai-hg-1144-gundam-flauros.html
>>
>>15604536
Where can I buy this?
>>
>>15606510
Lightning Gundam could transform too
>>
>>15604536
>Stuff like the Core Fighter I could accept.
What. RX-78's various transformation stuff was dumb as hell but you'll accept that and shit on Zeta's because??
>>
>>15606496
>You are already dead.
>>
>>15609775
Core Block system was so ridiculous that even the Earth Federation gave up on that shit. You know a system is bad when the Earth fucking Federation says no.
>>
>>15609888
No, you know a system is bad when ZEON says no.

Though now that I think about it, I can't remember that ever happening.
>>
File: MS-07W Gouf Combined Test Type.jpg (130KB, 650x928px) Image search: [Google]
MS-07W Gouf Combined Test Type.jpg
130KB, 650x928px
>>15610006
>No, you know a system is bad when ZEON says no.
Actually...
>>
>>15610019
>Garma Test Gouf
Oh man I forgot about this fucking thing. Fucking Dopp core system. MSV-R is a crazy place.
>>
>>15610039
Not Garma, Whiskey Gouf.
>>
>>15606070
>>15606087
This
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.