[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mk. III vs. Kuratas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: MegaBots.jpg (94KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
MegaBots.jpg
94KB, 900x900px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L8j6WoOTJk
>"...what was that about being slow?"
>>
I'm rooting for Kuratas but it seems like the Megabots crew is just having so much fun cracking open some cold bots with the bois
>>
>>15604129
This is gonna be great. Someone quick, grab the punching video and speed it up eight times. That should put a stop to the "lmao slow" redditposters.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (22KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
22KB, 403x403px
>>15604129
Match of money vs passion.

Honestly, I can't understand people rooting for these guys instead of the old man.
He waited his entire life for giant robots to appear and, seeing it's likely not going to happen, learnt all the necessary skills and made on himself at his own expense.

The competitor is a bunch of random guys who have had too many beers, rigged an ugly chair on top of caterpillar tracks and then proceeded to beg fro money on Kickstarter and from Autodesk and from...
>>
>people still pretending this garbage will be interesting or good at all
>>
>>15604174

Basically all of this. Kuratas is more aesthetic and mecha too.
>>
File: 1497015578720.jpg (386KB, 2000x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1497015578720.jpg
386KB, 2000x1281px
>>15604174
Can you give me more info on kurata + design and such?
I've only followed the whole thing from the megabots perspective.
>>
>>15604188
Megabots guys are the only ones taking the thing even remotely seriously.

Kuratas team basically goes "oh yeah, that was a thing" any time it's even brought up.
>>
>>15604129
Megabot is such a shit design. All that money and that's the best they could create?
>>
Any news on China's Monkey King getting to fight?
>>
>>15604456
I think they already said they weren't going to be ready for it this year, but next time they're gonna try for sure.
>>
Even if they win, Megabot still loses on the aesthetics aspect.

If its a robot it gotta be cool, not ugly.

Also, a group that begs for money for their robot vs a group that made their robot out of passion, its pretty obvious which one gets the support of /m/
>>
>>15604174
This. I can't respect people who initiate a challenge and then need to ask for crowdfunding in order to go forward, nor do I like their robots' appearance. They're jews, fuck 'em.
>>
>>15605617
>>15605819
Megabots' passion for this challenge comes off as... fake, overdone I suppose? You can tell Suidobashi are doing this out of genuine passion, because they want to, not for the spectacle or attention (or money) the event will bring.
>>
>>15604174
>Kuratas
>Old man works hard to develop something he believes in

Juzo Kabuto

>Megabots
>Idiots that beg for help making a robot

Bo- no, I can't do it. There's no way I could insult Boss like that.
>>
File: 48204.jpg (125KB, 676x580px) Image search: [Google]
48204.jpg
125KB, 676x580px
>>
Sure, the early Megabot models were ugly as hell, but I fail to see how the use of crowdfunding makes them somehow "less passionate" about anything. The whole point of crowdfunding is to help people who have an idea they're passionate about, but not enough funding to see the idea through on their own.
>you must have at least this much money to qualify as a True Mecha Fan™
I just don't get the thought process behind this.
>>
>>15605819
>initiate a challenge and then need to ask for crowdfunding
feels like they intentionally did the challenge just to get them money.
i doubt they'll be getting as much as they do if they don't go all out with the "lets go fight japan!" jingoism as their crowdfunding strategy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.