[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam is not that good. Can we stop pretending?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0222.jpg (42KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222.jpg
42KB, 300x225px
Gundam is not that good. Can we stop pretending?
>>
>>15603314
It's like you don't want the money?
>>
*Insert Gundam Series* is probably the most thought provoking work the majority of this board has ever seen.

Which says more about this board than Gundam, really.
>>
>>15603314
mecha was never good. Let's stop pretending it was. We all hate how giant super robots are always painted in autistic bright colors like red white and blue, and that they're piloted by angsty autistic teenagers and the bad guy should always win! Never the good guys because good is dumb and darthvader is da bestest! And the bad guys should all be dumb jock guys who do terrible things but they didn't do anything wrong because morals are dumb just like being good and politics are boring and women need to go back to fridge because women belong in fridge not in war!

Now I go back to watching real man's anime like Monster Moosoomi and Joe's Bizzy venture because those have real alpha male heroes I am not gay!
>>
>>15603314
no mecha is good, lets just close /m/
>>
>>15603381
Mecha is good, just not Gundam.
>>
>>15603314
If it isn't good, then why is it so popular?

Checkmate, /a/
>>
>>15603386
Gundam is part of the mecha genre, so you're already contradicting yourself.
>>
Making a thread using any of the first results from google image search should result in a permaban and a death squad.
>>
>>15603445
"Mecha is good" is a generalistic, not an absolute statement.
>>
>>15603453
I don't think english works the way you think it does.
>>
>>15603457
I don't think logic works the way you think it works.
>>
>>15603314
>Gundam is not that good. Can we stop pretending?

I never pretended otherwise but I don't speak for /m/ so....
In any case Gundam as a franchise has its highs and lows. Where those highs and lows lie is a matter for debate and personal preference.
>>
>>15603392
>If it isn't good, then why is it so popular?

For a number of reasons :

- Gundam is a gigantic franchise that spans several media.
- Gundam has enormous merchandising especially in the model kit area. Of course you also have figures, videogames etc...
- There aren't any long running franchises that can compete with Gundam on a purely economic basis. No not even Macross can do that.
- Fandom in the West is convinced you have to like Gundam as a whole whereas the franchise being very fragmented you can like and dislike single entries. And that doesn't make you less of a fan if you do.
- Fandom ignorance when it comes to mecha and its story. Gundam is just the more visible mecha series/franchise these days.
>>
>>15603392
>If it isn't good, then why is it so popular?
Milking the cow because the original movies were a hit.
>>
>>15603500
>>15603392
Gundam is long running and popular purely because of strategic moves that Sunrise made during the 80s. When the initial movies were a hit, they prevented any other mecha from other studios from competing by flooding the market with Gundam.

They kept producing Gundam shows in the 90s and 00s as well, again, preventing anything else from challenging them. Brand recognition is far more important than anything else, and they're doing it again. Why? Most likely because we actually had a lot of mecha shows recently, so Sunrise decided to use the same strategy and give us yearly Gundam shows and prevent the competition from stealing its gigantic share of pizza.

Gundam, just like like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are unscrupulous when it comes to grabbing money from easily impressed plebs.
>>
It's not that good, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying it.
>>
>>15603445
Mecha is good, except most of Gundam.

The only worthwhile Gundam shows are the original and G Gundam anyway.
>>
>>15603508
What are you even talking about? Gundam has always had all kinds of competition from other mecha works
>>
>>15603314
Every entry, minus G-Reco, is above-average.
>>
>>15607877
No.
>>
>>15607877
>G-Reco is bad
I wish the meme would stop.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.