[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

0079 Gundam What If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: amurolalahcharsayla.jpg (21KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
amurolalahcharsayla.jpg
21KB, 400x299px
What if the one who killed Lalah wasn't Amuro but Sayla instead (Let's say she instinctively gets off a lucky shot when Lalah is distracted by Amuro and Char's duel)? Is Char a vengeful enough asshole that he'd hold a grudge against his own sister? Would he still have his obsession with beating Amuro, and if not, how would the rest of 0079 turn out? Or Zeta for that matter?
>>
>>15601562
>Is Char a vengeful enough asshole that he'd hold a grudge against his own sister?
People still don't get a simple plot point? It's not about vengeance.
>>
>>15601577
>People still don't get a simple plot point? It's not about vengeance.
t. Charfag

Char has always been one to let his petty grudges get in the way of the bigger picture. Like that time he screwed up the AEUG's negotiations with Axis by assaulting Haman. Or giving Amuro the psychoframe.
>>
>>15601616
You are free to make your own judgements about his actions and their importance according to your own values.That doesn't change the fact that you misunderstood their motivation.
>>
>>15601562
He probably would've been conflicted, but ultimately backed down from vengeance-seeking against his own sister in some kind of dramatic scene.
>>
>>15601562
What, so like, Sayla shoots the Elmeth to keep it off of Amuro, because it was too near, and Char sees it happening?

Yeah, seems like either Char literally BTFOs Sayla right then and there, or gets over his waifu being killed. (And then probably obsesses over Sayla.)

The rivalry between Amuro and Char probably wouldn't persist, but Amuro probably will resent working with Sayla, to the point that she will most likely work with Char, or some other crazy shit.
>>
Or what if Char got the upper hand in the fight, disabled Amuro, and Lalah died defending him instead?
>>
>>15601624

Or maybe it is fact you who are wrong, but free to interpret what you see on screen as you see fit despite that?

Especially seeing as how we know from original 0079 episode summaries published in official Gundam books that the plan for Char before the TV animation was cancelled was to have him obsess with Amuro to the exclusion of all else after Lalah's death, realising only too late that doing so had helped give Gihren power; a mistake he helps correct in the last episodes. You may choose to see the final product as no longer reflecting that, but it was the original plan and at least some of the show was written to reflect it regardless of your opinion.
>>
>>15601693
How does that affirm anything you said?
If I recall correctly in those summaries someone other than Amuro killed Lalah. Then in fact you are contradicting your own suggestion that a desire for vengeance for causing her death was his motive for attacking Amuro.
>>
File: why can't I quit you.jpg (43KB, 547x308px) Image search: [Google]
why can't I quit you.jpg
43KB, 547x308px
If Amuro didn't kill Lalah, the only thing I know for sure is that Char and him would've hooked-up.
>>
>>15601708

Someone else does her (Paccadelia, a newtype not in the show as broadcast because of the cut episodes) but Char still blames Amuro for her death, fixating on him because of it. So I've no idea how that doesn't support what I said.
>>
>>15601762
In the first place you suggested that if Sayla killed Lalah Char would go after her and not Amuro.
You are making the deduction that he is a petty asshole on the wrongful assumption that he took as a personal offense an act that was not meant as a personal offense and was beyond the understanding and control of it's perpetrators - something that is in no way directly suggested by the story and proven more wrong than right by the points you make.
>>
>>15601867

In the first place I'm not OP and my point was only that meta knowledge supports the idea Char fixated on things to the exclusion of all else and it causes problems for him, because that was the original intention.
>>
>>15601908
Then you have said nothing relevant to the question of whether Char's actions in this particular case were motivated by the desire for vengeance or not. Just that he was motivated by some sort of personal emotion that you consider insignificant. I don't disagree with the former and as for the latter, as I said, you are free to have your opinions.
>>
File: fag4.png (127KB, 586x610px) Image search: [Google]
fag4.png
127KB, 586x610px
>>15601665
there is no reason to tripcode here. You are only connecting yourself to gundam ragefaces on your twitter
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.