[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BURN OSEA TO THE GROUND youtu.be/ReHVAlEU3UQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 78

File: ace-combat-7-ps4.jpg (89KB, 558x700px) Image search: [Google]
ace-combat-7-ps4.jpg
89KB, 558x700px
BURN OSEA TO THE GROUND
youtu.be/ReHVAlEU3UQ
>>
File: Lets laugh buddy.png (210KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lets laugh buddy.png
210KB, 480x480px
>>15601503
>TLS
>MFW
>>
So is it gonna be an Osea Path/Erusea Path kind of setup, then?
>>
File: 1407088001932.png (390KB, 400x541px) Image search: [Google]
1407088001932.png
390KB, 400x541px
I BET BELKA IS BEHIND THIS
>>
Will this rouse the spirit of Mobius 1 to remove Eruseans?
>>
File: e10d28d3a711a3a8.jpg (240KB, 928x522px) Image search: [Google]
e10d28d3a711a3a8.jpg
240KB, 928x522px
>>15601503
>>15601512
>regular plane with TLS
IMAGINE
>>
>>15601529
Rotary Laser BRRRRRRRRT.
>>
>2018
>>
>when you want to care but it's too busy masturbating to the tune of HEY REMEMBER THE PS2 ERA GAMES and you just can't give a fuck about it much more

The only thing I can think of that might impress me at this point is the reveal Belkans aren't behind this for once.

I'm all for sappy he said she said drama on an international scale but god damn show me something I haven't played already.

>inb4 BUT FLYABLE F104 THO
>>
Looks like it's gonna connect to ace combat 3 and god, that makes me all worked up.
>>
PLOT TWIST: Everything is Belka's fault.

BELKA EIKO AREEEEEEEE
>>
Erusea is like Belka's little sister
>>
>>15601914
Oh look, the obligatory Assault Horizon fan post.
>>
>>15601959
>it's a "6fag projecting his insecurities while thinking he belongs" sortie

Go dance with an angel.
>>
>>15601914
I want the new one to be similar to those I have play already, because I love them.
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>15601964
You're literally the only person I've ever seen defend fucking AH, you're the one who doesn't belong/
>>
File: Incredibly touching decisions.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Incredibly touching decisions.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>15601914
Ok Markov
Ok Belka
Ok Erusea
>>
>>15601914
>Fanbase loves the PS2 games to itty bitty pieces
>Effectively laid the ground work of modern AC fanbase
>Previous attempts of chasing other audiences lead to the absolutely ABYSMAL Assault Horizon, transparent as hell in its desire to get the CoD audience
>AC: Infinity also pissed the audience off by not only keeping trying to make people accept the transfer into the real world, this time by transforming the world into an copy geo-political wise of Strangereal, but also MONETIZING IT to hell and back.
I'd be in going back to what works to if I fucked up once, but twice, in such gigantic big ways too.
>>
>>15601914
Yeah us real Ace Combat fans want a badass game where you play as a mercenary in a real war and get points for raping civilians
>>
>>15602094
>never said a lick of anything about AH
>instead criticize the game for being the TFA of AC
>YOU'RE A FUCKING ASS WHORIZON FAG

Ok.
But that doesn't change that 7 so far presents us with nothing but appeals to nostalgia and all the comfort that comes with.

The only thing truly unique about it on the gameplay front? A century series fighter.

And maybe a more complex weather system, but that's largely just extending on ideas introduced by Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces and ACAH, and well last I checked no one seemed to give an ounce of a fuck that the hurricane in AH was an actual environmental variable that had an effect on your plane handling.
>>
>>15602236
Ace Combat is a very simple concept.
>>
>>15601503
BURN TO THE GROUND?

BURNTOTHEGROUND
>>
>>15602246
BURN!
BURN!
>>
File: 1485909321986.png (751KB, 565x510px) Image search: [Google]
1485909321986.png
751KB, 565x510px
>BURN OSEA TO THE GROUND
>>
>>15602236
>The only thing truly unique about it on the gameplay front?
And VR that isn't total ass?
>>
>AC6 could have been the best AC of the last gen
>There wouldn't even be a AH if AC6 had performed better
>All because it was a 360 exclusive
>Not even the Nips care about AC6
>>
>>15602291
exclusives, not even once.
>>
>>15602296
>he says when the three most successful games were exclusives
>>
File: Tornado flying very low.jpg (165KB, 2240x1493px) Image search: [Google]
Tornado flying very low.jpg
165KB, 2240x1493px
Where's the Tornado? You said there would be Tornadoes! RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>15602258
>And nothing of value would be lost
>>
>>15602291
>implying Bamco wouldn't have bent Kono and his fuccbois over to exceed sales numbers if 6 sold well, resulting in AH anyway

>implying the bizarre fascination Japs have with CoD wasn't a factor in why AH was what it was

I mean sure attracting dudebros out west was probably an international goal, but CoD does bizarrely well over in Moonland for a western IP from what I've heard, which actually puts the setting shift of AH into an interesting context domestically.

But the point stands, 6 was likely far from the sole factor at play.
>>
>thread on /m/ before /v/
HIJACKED
>>
>>15601914
>>15602236

Well, what is it you desire?

With notable exceptions such as 3 - still smarting that we never received a comprehensive export of the game despite the completed translation project - the Ace Combat series is one of the most intensely formulaic franchises that's known to exist. Short of doing things like giving WWII or 'Nam or even WWI a Strangereal coat of paint there's not much they can do, and considering the frosty reception of both Assault Horizon and Infinity, is it not best for the franchise that they return to its roots?

I mean, the implication from the trailer is that they're giving players the ability to go down two separate paths as two different nations, I'd say that's a change as far as the series goes.
>>
>>15602298
>reminder that 3 was an exclusive and did poorly
>reminder that 2 was the peak seller in Japan out of all the games and the franchise has never recovered
>likewise, 04 was the peak in the states and that number has also not been topped
>reminder that no matter what the suits want to believe, or how much Kono asks you to pay up, AC does not move the big dollars
>tfw they probably fund AC off the profits from Tekken these days
>>
Captain Hamilton did nothing wrong
>>
>>15602110
>AC: Infinity also pissed the audience off by not only keeping trying to make people accept the transfer into the real world, this time by transforming the world into an copy geo-political wise of Strangereal, but also MONETIZING IT to hell and back.
You know, aside from the absolutely jewish faggotry that surrounded the game I actually liked the story and how it was becoming Strangereal and I'm actually sad we won't get another game on there
>>
>>15602326
>I mean, the implication from the trailer is that they're giving players the ability to go down two separate paths as two different nations,
Please.
There's only one clear choice here.
Burn the Oseans out of Usea forever
>>
>>15602340
I only liked the ACI campaign for the neat explanation for the absolute clusterfuck of enemy aircraft fielded against you.
(Automation has advanced so much that robot factories can churn out whatever plane you need almost instantly)
>>
>>15602326
Dude I don't even know.

Infinity deserved better and they could've gone with a standalone game out of it, they could've made a standalone Area 88 game instead of just using it as a tie in advert, they could've redone 04 through Zero in the spirit of Legacy to properly smooth out the Strangereal canon (something I thought Infinity did quite well, at least in adapting the Ulysses arc to something that might as well have been a post-AH world for all we know)...

But it all comes back to my own frustrations and burned-outedness at the end of the day. I want the game to prove my cynicism misguided, but it's just making me get real fed up over a franchise I once enjoyed, because it is shamelessly formulaic, and there's only so many times I'll pay up for the hardware and copy of game to experience... I dunno, a 60/40 split on old and new content?

I'll admit I was more peeved off when it was presenting itself as PS4 exclusive, but even as a multiplat I just don't feel the rush like I did back when I was a wee shit rushing to a store counter to get a copy of 5 or Zero.
>>
>>15602366
>they could've redone 04 through Zero in the spirit of Legacy to properly smooth out the Strangereal canon (something I thought Infinity did quite well, at least in adapting the Ulysses arc to something that might as well have been a post-AH world for all we know)...
Except SR canon is now pretty smoothed out. AC2 was pretty much the only major issue left and they covered it up pretty well, to say nothing with what appears to be an early peak at the UCAV tech that's going to be a major plot point in AC7
>>
>>15602340
Infinity's lore was honestly where I figured AH was going to go after it did its low key COLD WAR VETERAN PROBLEMS stuff, since it still largely fit in the framework of real world crises and the technologies that would be available at the time (though the Aigaion fleet still stretches it quite a bit).

It's a gigantic fuck you to anyone who ever argued the point that the real world somehow cannot facilitate the utter insanity of Strangereal, by proving that all you need is a gigantic space rock and a certain critical mass of technology to justify a Strangereal scenario of conflicts every week where everyone fields everything.

Plus it works as an effective backdoor to bring fresh blood up to speed with AC's ACisms.

But they wasted it on a freemium game where the franchise IP was held hostage for a quick revenue stream. Oh well at least the remixed Stonehenge theme was excellent.
>>
>>15602366
Series are Formulatic for a reason.

>Changes formula
>Fans bitch
>Change it back
>Fans bitch

Better to stick to a formula, piss a few people off then change it, then change it back and piss everyone off like they did with AH. This is basically try to get people back, the game, personally I love how it looks, I can also see why somebody wouldn't want it, but I feel like it's been long enough that I'm ready even if it has allot of similar elements.

Infinity did deserve better though.
>>
>>15602391
>Infinity did deserve better though.
I will never not be salty about INF, I will hate on AH for being a bad idea from the onset, but INF literally could've been a solid, Ace Combat experience if they had just gotten rid of the fucking stupid goddamn FUEL system.
>>
>>15602391
Yeah, I might be burned out on AC if it was a franchise that had a release every year like certain Ubisoft series, or Call of Duty, but its not.
Its a series where the last classic game was released a decade ago, so I'm really excited for a return to form.
>>
>>15602372
5 and Zero are practically divorced from the Ulysses arc though, at least without consulting ancillary lore that for some reason only exists on the Japanese web pages for the games.

Not to mention how ridiculously packed the conflict-over-time ratio is, without clearly stating a common root; maybe 7 will retcon things and show just how far reaching Ulysses was much like 6 was a story about the aftereffects of Ulysses for the Emmerians and Estovakiand, but the lore still feels a bit jank the way I recall it.

I do think it needs some walking through and tidying up.
>>
>>15602395
Exactly.

>>15602394
Yeah the Fuel system cucked me out of so many good planes. Plus playing three games, more if RNG smiled on you a day kinda just wore thin on me. I get it was supposed to be so they made money but just make all those skins people ginded for purchasible, or maybe it the fuel less restricting.

Yeah Infinity could of been really solid experience, hell it could of made a good full game if they fleshed it all out more. Like another anon in here said, it proved they could do strangereal stuff on earth if they so chose. And a story where everyone is trying to make fuck you super planes while starting off at a tech level similar to the real world, and watching an aerial arms race unfold as a war is going on could of been a neat situation.
>>
>>15602396
>5 and Zero are practically divorced from the Ulysses arc though, at least without consulting ancillary lore that for some reason only exists on the Japanese web pages for the games.
Well, yeah
5 was after the Ulysses fuckery, and was mostly spared from the devstration, and Zero was a prequel before even the asteroid was detected. Being surprised that the world does not revolve around that and things going back to relative normalcy isn't that relative a stretch.
>>
>>15602395
What if you had to put up with people defending Infinity under the argument "but if we don't show our support for traditional AC the franchise will die?"

What if your entire dealings with the fandom are of a MUH STRANGEREAL variety who don't seem to acknowledge flaws of any games beyond AH and even then shit all over it for a single gimmick (oh and the NOT MUH STRANGEREAL stuff too sometimes) rather than the lower hanging fruit that is the game's incredibly poor utilization of it in SP?

See I can't pin my own burnout on the games entirely. Rather I think it's because I just can't stand the bizarre mental gymnastics of people who think "Ass Whorizon" is the pinnacle of wit, who then go on to be rewarded with the game that quite frankly is what we probably should have gotten instead of 6.

But all the same I don't want to acknowledge I'm hating something because the fans are cunts, because quite honestly fandoms tend to have a certain cuntish quality past a critical mass of people. It's stupid to let people who like what you like ruin that thing you like because they're tools, plus it's not like I'm not being a tool with my uninvited cynicism either.

sage for blogging about first world problems.
>>
>>15602417
If you'd visit /aceg/ you would know a lot of fans do acknowledge the many flaws of 4, 5, and 0.
>but if we don't show our support for traditional AC the franchise will die?"
You think we'd have AC7 if they didn't make enough money off of Infinity to justify it to the suits at Bamco? Also, stop making Infinity out to be anywhere near equal to 6. I can't understand you, you shit on 7 for being le nostalgia bait, and then turn around and praise Infinity, despite that being a f2p scam entirely built off of remaking old maps and scenarios with a real world skin?
>ven then shit all over it for a single gimmick (oh and the NOT MUH STRANGEREAL stuff too sometimes) rather than the lower hanging fruit that is the game's incredibly poor utilization of it in SP?
How would you even utilize an on rails element in a traditionally player controlled game? Its not a poor fit, it was a poor idea. DFM gets shit because it WAS shit.
>>
>>15602435
>Its not a poor fit, it was a poor idea. DFM gets shit because it WAS shit.
DFM was shit, and the fact the enemies often get plot invicibliity, so you can be chasing this one fucking SU-27 and ramming more missiles than the Russians have fucking aircraft up its goddamn tailpipe, and it won't die until it reaches A VERY SPECIFIC POINT in its rollarcoaster esque ride
>>
>>15601503
>E3 exclusive
>comes out before E3 is even on
lol what
>>
>>15602435
I wasn't praising Inf, I was saying 7 is what 6 should've been.

The whole point of DFM was to trade mobility for precision, you focus on "on rails" as if that was a sacrilegious decision to not let you circle around a target endlessly and mash missile when you have a solid lock. Not only that, the problems come from when the game FORCES you to engage in it only to reveal that you've locked into an in game cutscene where the target has cutscene invulnerability just so it can move you from point A to B, outside of that it's an option, and options by their own nature never take away from choices.

Fixating on the implementation overlooks that the idea, to break up the gameplay loop of get missile lock and shit sidewinders from range until they die, was born of a real issue found in the core series gameplay. It is not wrong to want to encourage more aggressive up close combat, but it's wrong to betray player agency by using a gameplay mechanic as a glorified cutscene system.
>>
I'm so goddamn happy. That's all I have to say about this
>>
>>15602443
That's straight up the root of its problems.

Contrast with ASM, which is nowhere near as obtrusive, hell it even makes a ton of sense as a mechanic to plot your bombing run and go ham on a corridor like that.

DFM should've started and stopped at the Assault Ring, building meter for enhanced missiles and rewarding you for being close to the enemy in more than just getting to use guns on the target would have been a valid solution to the problem DFM was meant to solve.
>>
>>15602463
June 9th.
E3 started today bro, it opens to the public tomorrow, but they're already doing closed doors presentation to high end press. Then tomorrow and on its the big fancy presentations where its all the bloggers/tubers and normies that bought tickets.
>>
>>15602510
when are From announcing Armored Core 6? I know it's coming, I feel it in my gears
>>
>Erusea
>a country that got buttfucked by ISAF
>suddenly capable of challenging Osea
>>
>>15602663
ISAF are so goody goody, they probably had the terms for the treaty be STUPIDLY light.
>>
>>15602513
The delay has been known about for awhile, how the fuck is this surprising people? Wasn't it in the last trailer?
>>
>>15602692
I know about it. It just still stings.
>>
>AC7 still won't have VTOL take offs and landings
>Harrier still DLC
>>
>>15602673
>ISAF let them off once, insurgents kick up a storm and go as far as producing superfighters and amassing a fleet.
>ISAF lets them go again and now we have 7.

ISAF is the united government we deserve but not one that we need.
>>
File: sweating guy 3x.png (509KB, 200x600px) Image search: [Google]
sweating guy 3x.png
509KB, 200x600px
>>15601503
>>
>>15602819
>>ISAF lets them go again and now we have 7
Hey, just as long they keep it between them, not their problem.
>>
File: WAIT WHAT.gif (1MB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
WAIT WHAT.gif
1MB, 394x297px
>>15601503
AM I HIGH AS FUCK OR WAS IT SKYEYE WHO SPOKE AT 1:41?
>>
I bet Belka is behind this shit again.

Anyway, I have to wonder what the older aces think of the wars they aren't a part of.
>Be Blaze
>Osea
>Nigga what, I saved the world for this shit to happen?
>>
Guess who's coming back along with Erusea
>>
But can I play the PSVR content with an Oculus?
>>
>>15603183
I think the game probably takes place over a generation after AC5. Space Elevators don't get built overnight, after all.
>>
>>15603437

>over a generation

I mean, you may be right, but the prospect of that being the case and yet being juxtaposed with countries fielding the Starfighter is a bit amusing.
>>
>>15603441
Could be a flashback sequence
>>
>>15603441
Starfighter is just the Nips spoiling the end of the game like they always do.

Skies unknown, do you care about the color of the sky, space elevators, flashes of satellite networks going down, images shown from space?

The entire game is going to build up to a space based sequence with the super plane being a strangereal starfighter 2. You'll fight in space through the skies unknown, dive into the atmosphere, and burst through into the shattered skies.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-10-11-03-07.png (590KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-10-11-03-07.png
590KB, 1920x1080px
>>15601503
>Electrosphere intensifies.
>>
>>15603472
There won't be space combat. In AC3 (which takes place 20 years later), space fighters are still in their infancy, and they require a booster to even leave the atmosphere. Even then, all you do is shoot at satellites. Then you have to re-enter the atmosphere very carefully or else you blow the fuck up.

So yeah, the whole space thing is wishful thinking, unless they do it like in Airforce Delta Strike where they just strap boosters to normal planes and send them into space.
>>
>>15602291
I chose 360 over PS3 just to play AC6.

Okay, maybe for Tenchu Z too. And other obscure 360 exclusives.
>>
>>15603494
If that behaves anything like the X9 Ghost I'll be simultaneously cumming and shitting my pants.
>>
>>15603569
>space elevator
>satellites going boom
>literally has a pan out to space that turns into the starfighter's engine
>highlighting a plane called the starfighter
>one of the trailers even has a pilot in the desert pointing up into the sky as it pans towards space

Besides the space elevator by itself already fucks up the timeline so it doesn't even matter anymore.
>>
>>15603579
I don't really see how it fucks anything up. ACX (which takes place around the same time as 7) was already headed in a more futuristic direction.
>>
>>15603581
Introduction of technology concepts that weren't present in games chronologically set after this new entry.

Electrosphere will probably be remade in the future anyways if AC7 does well so it doesn't matter.
>>
TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MD48_-NUBE
>>
File: gr.png (398KB, 929x448px) Image search: [Google]
gr.png
398KB, 929x448px
From Paul's ending in Tekken 7
>>
>>15603584
How do we know it wasn't present? Just because we didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there.
>>
File: 1393893522451.jpg (166KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
1393893522451.jpg
166KB, 600x660px
>>15601503

Check 1:13 for delicious Kessler Syndrome.
>>
>>15603597
>Space Debris infests LEO alongside Ulysses fragments
>Sometime a piece strikes the Earth, causing light but significant damage
>Being the tallest structure ever made, the Lighthouse would face significant risks from meteoroids and trash
>the Lighthouse must be protected from this threat
>which probably means that it has considerable defences in the form of drones, missiles, and CIWS.
I'm bloody sure of it, we're going to be forced bring it down. So much for peaceful space exploration, I suppose.
>>
File: AirForce_over_Iraq.jpg (518KB, 1956x2100px) Image search: [Google]
AirForce_over_Iraq.jpg
518KB, 1956x2100px
What's your plane wishlist? One of my favorites is in, but as usual its probably going to either be a starter or low-tier garbage. I'm convinced they hate the F-16
>>
>>15603796
T-50, please. I had a lot of fun with it in AHL.
>>
>>15603796
X-29A.

Now really, anything from X's originals. If just a Cariburn. Oh well.
>>
>>15603796

I know it might be too much to ask the Japs to include the Chink fighter in, but I can still hope
>>
>>15603796
Make the Shinden II canon to Strangereal so we can forget it came from Assault Horizon.
>>
>>15603880
>J-20 gets in
>Its overpriced and underperforming
cheeki nips
>>
>>15602326
I think the trailer is just showing some dramatic stuff where the enemy(?) accuses you of being baby-eatan' war criman' jerks.

Think vaguely like AC5 when you get accused of being a pack of traitors.
>>
I'm liking the visual of the three strikes more and more.
And it makes much more sense for the enemies to call the MC Three Strikes, since it's much more visible and striking (no pun intended) than just the emblem.
It always bugged me how the eruseans in 4 so could so easily see Mobius One's emblem in the middle of air battles and recognize it as a ribbon.
>>
>>15603796

Collab DLC with Yukikaze.

I know it's impossible, just let me dream.
>>
>>15603648
WHITE BIRD NEVER FORGET
>>
>>15603796
Rafale
>>
>>15603796
THE VERY BEST STEALTH FIGHTER IN ALL OF TIME AND SPACE
>>
>>15601503
>wingman sporting a Kazama-y unicorn emblem
Neat
>>
>>15601503
did erusa do it again?
>>
File: X47B.jpg (242KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
X47B.jpg
242KB, 600x899px
>>15603796
>>
File: honhon.gif (3MB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
honhon.gif
3MB, 600x300px
>>15604147
>implying there would be a modern AC without the Mustached Terror

honhonhon
>>
>>15601503
The girl's got three smudges on her face at about 1:44

Is she Three Strikes or am I reading way too much into that.
>>
>>15604312
It's confirmed the player character will be faceless/voiceless, so no one shown there will be Trigger (assuming that's the PC's name anyway).
Maybe 3 Strikes will be a squadron, or she's just 3 Strikes' mechanic, not a pilot.
>>
>>15604320
The way it should be, the player character should just be a helmet, torso and legs. Nameless, voiceless, ready to kill some Yellows.
>>
>>15604330
This time it looks like the squadron colour is something red/orange-y.
>>
>>15604338

Which Flanker are they flying, same as the Yellows the Su-35? It looks like the Flanker-D with those canards.
>>
>>15604359

Yellows had the Su-37 Terminator. Looks to be that, all the same.
>>
>>15604366
It's probably going to be a current model 35 though considering they're pretty much production line 37s if not superior at this point.

Don't ask me to diff the two though, Flankers nearly arr rook same.
>>
File: three strikes.png (390KB, 832x1368px) Image search: [Google]
three strikes.png
390KB, 832x1368px
>>15601513
Maybe but assuming that "the three strikes" is Trigger's nickname and that Trigger is the player then I think you defect/go rogue at some point
>>
>>15604459
Where is Mobius 1?
>>
>>15604459
>defecting from Osea to fight for Erusea

What a twist
>>
>>15604459
Bamco would have to pull a hard bait and switch considering everyone the three strike plane shoots down has Erusea markings.

Have people forgotten that Trigger's unit is supposed to be an unmarked convict unit? It's more likely that Trigger was a normal pilot, did some kind of crime, and got thrown in Osean Gitmo then given a way out.
>>
File: ACE7_PSX_FAS_01_1449344313.jpg (1MB, 3840x2320px) Image search: [Google]
ACE7_PSX_FAS_01_1449344313.jpg
1MB, 3840x2320px
>>15604269
The X-47B is in the game though.
Its those drones carried by the Arsenal Bird
>>
So, is the Arsenal Bird erusean?
Even though its name kinda sounds like a callback to the Arkbird?
>>
>>15605171
I'm guessing its some type of automated defense system for the space elevator, considering how it was hovering around it in the very first trailer.
>>
>>15605171
>>15605181
>Arkbird was supposed to be a symbol of peace but immediately co-opted for war
>make space elevator as a new symbol of peace but surround it with excessive quantites of weaponry
Osea ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>15605181
There was a theory floating around that Erusea used it to occupy the elevator.
It does makes sense for it to be the elevator's defense system, but Erusea certainly used SOMETHING to take over it.
>>
>>15605199
Superior Erusian espirt de corps
>>
File: THE MAKER OF PEACE.jpg (43KB, 640x373px) Image search: [Google]
THE MAKER OF PEACE.jpg
43KB, 640x373px
>>15605193
What kind of peace symbols you build that can't be quickly repurposed to shoot lasers and nukes at people once push comes to shove?
>>
>>15605199
"Our drones got hacked" plot?
>>
>>15601503
I thought that was a seagull
>>
So, are we playing as Erusian pilots this time around? There was talk on a /vg/ ace combat general thread that the pilots in our squadron are "convicts" of some kind.
>>
File: AceCombat7-35.jpg (285KB, 1920x1160px) Image search: [Google]
AceCombat7-35.jpg
285KB, 1920x1160px
>>15605291
You're playing as Oseans who defect to Erusia.
Maybe
>>
>>15605291
Sounds likely, given the prison airbase is osean and Mead the Mechanic has both the three strikes and a hatred for Osea.
>>
>>15604459
>>15605088
>Osean flying some kind of false flag operation in a Erusean-marked plane
Warcrimes!
>>
>>15605316
OSEAAA FUCK YEAAAH
>>
>>15605291
>>15605305
>Look at me, ISAF
>I'm the hero now
>>
>>15605291
>There was talk on a /vg/ ace combat general thread that the pilots in our squadron are "convicts" of some kind.

I had forgot about that until I rewatched the previous trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2TNic_BpHQ
>>
File: PKSpdyi.png (3MB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
PKSpdyi.png
3MB, 1920x1079px
>Warships cruising through the sunken remains of a city
>Using the crumbling buildings as cover
>You need to fly through the falling buildings to attack them
Sold
>>
>>15604393
The current 35 is far superior to the 37. You need to remember that the 37 used 90s tech, while the 35 is fully modern.
>>
>>15605359
Chances are the guy who's talking to the mechanic about the squadron "amidst the swirling clouds" trying to help allies reach safety is the backstory for why Trigger is a convict.

The three strikes are also inconsistent between the planes. Some of them have the Osean flag marked over, while others have the flag in plain view. Some also retain the Osean air force star as a decal and unit designations.

The December/January trailer combined with the new one makes me think more that the brown skinned chick is going to betray the convicts.
>>
>>15605481
>the brown skinned chick is going to be edgy
>>
>>15605496
>the brown skinned chick is edgy because of MUH SKY MUH PLANES FUCK DRONES
>>
Feels good that the ACE series are back on the right track
>>>/wsg/1732728
>>
File: idf-wan_chien.jpg (279KB, 1394x667px) Image search: [Google]
idf-wan_chien.jpg
279KB, 1394x667px
>>15603796
I would like to see some Asian fighters like the FUCK1
>>
>>15605496
Wanting to BURN OSEA TO THE GROUND is a bit edgy, yeah.
>>
File: 63119410_p0.jpg (437KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
63119410_p0.jpg
437KB, 1024x684px
>>15605526
I'll bet any money the ATD-X will be in, as well as the F-2.
>>
>>15605538
The ATD-X looks so weird.
Like a baby Raptor with some non-stealth DNA mixed in.
>>
File: mitsubishi f3.jpg (149KB, 800x1195px) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi f3.jpg
149KB, 800x1195px
>>15605540
Well, it's just a test bed, not an actual combat aircraft design. Nippon's true 5th gen fighter will probably be much larger.
>>
So far it seems like AC7 will be a thematic remake of AC4. They've even rekindled the Mobius versus Yellow visuals now that they've switched over officially from the F18 being their main hero visual to the F22 against the SU-35.

That being said I wouldn't be shocked if the old man turns out to be from Yellow and we get a Shattered Skies sequence where he sees Trigger as the second coming of Mobius 1.
>>
File: Ace Combat 7 Poster.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Ace Combat 7 Poster.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>>15605547
The F-22 has always been the main hero plane for AC7 dude, from the very first cinematic trailer they released.
>>
>>15605549
In one of the early interviews after the AC7 teaser trailer was dropped they said the Super Hornet was the main hero plane.
>>
File: gandamu da.png (256KB, 581x480px) Image search: [Google]
gandamu da.png
256KB, 581x480px
>>15605547
>RI-RI-RIBBON!
>>
File: Flanker vs F-22.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Flanker vs F-22.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>15605554
Which one?
>>
>>15605562
What a waste of missiles.
Just shoot two, dammit.
>>
>>15605562
It's my mistake. I misread a Japanese interview about the PSX VR demo. Kono was just saying that the Super Hornet was the main display for the VR impression. I misread the characters used for impression.
>>
>>15605570
He's got tons of missiles to spare.
>>
>>15605570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfkbO0JuU8#t=134s
>>
>>15605396
The fuck happened to Farbanti anyway? Looks borderline post-apocalyptic with the leaning buildings and all.
>>
>>15605453
>b-but muh Terminator

PAK FA has an awesome design, got into my plane-fu list after seeing it in the two previous games.
>>
File: NANI.jpg (32KB, 432x296px) Image search: [Google]
NANI.jpg
32KB, 432x296px
>>15605562
>do Pugachev's Cobra
>missiles just turn around
>>
>>15605594
Well, that's probably the district that was already underwater because of Ulysses, it probably just got more rundown after all these years of abandonment.
The Kestrel II probably made things worse as well.
>>
>>15605594
It had areas that were sunken before, go ruin Yellow Squadron's day again in AC04 and go sightseeing.
>>
>>15605560
Thanks for reminding me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD34b9lnkq0
>>
>>15605594
Ulysses asteroid.
>>
File: ATD-X 1.jpg (4MB, 5700x3208px) Image search: [Google]
ATD-X 1.jpg
4MB, 5700x3208px
>>15605540

>SOON
>>
>>15605305

>tfw your co-pilot is a hyper-intelligent A.I. program stored inside what looks like a disco light ball

"Alright Disco, let's fuck these guys up"
"I wish you would stop calling me that, sir"
"Whatever you say Disco"
>>
>>15605644
>Disco gets so fed up with his tshit he starts plotting to subjulgate humans
>it succeeds, but only in toppling national governments
>mega corps start to rule over the land, AC3 era begins
>all because of a stupid nickname
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>15605594
Not much actually
>>
>>15605879
>Australian Farbanti
>>
>>15605879
Dunno why that's upside down
>>
>>15605881
Well, if you live in say Emmeria or Yuktobania, Usea is really your Australia.
>>
>>15605890
Someone ask Bamco which Strangereal country has Kangaroos and stuff.
>>
File: f16_squad.jpg (348KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
f16_squad.jpg
348KB, 960x540px
I saw lots of my Plane-fu in that trailer, I'm happy.
>>
File: Tekken.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tekken.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>15605905
>strangereal kangaroos
i bet they can pilot jet fighters
>>
>>15605913
Still waiting on mine
Bamco pls
>>
This game is set in 2020 right? So shouldn't all that Belkan war shit be declassified right before this game's story?
>>
File: Gripen NG.jpg (991KB, 2480x1817px) Image search: [Google]
Gripen NG.jpg
991KB, 2480x1817px
>>15603796
I'm just glad I saw the Gripen in there, I just hope they include the Gripen E /NG
>>
>>15605945
Are you seriously trying to imply it won't be in the game?
>>
File: 1395576577585599010.jpg (47KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1395576577585599010.jpg
47KB, 800x450px
>>15606022
If it isn't, I'll riot
>>
>>15605972
At least partially, anyway.
>>
File: 1489541137134.jpg (56KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489541137134.jpg
56KB, 576x1024px
>>15604359
It's the SU-30, the Flanker-C. You can see the designation from the HUD readings from the first reveal trailer around December 2015.
>>
>>15605453
However true that might be, the SU-37 in StrangeReal is pretty much a 35 Modernized in terms of performance,
>>
>>15605913
>f16
pleb
>>
>>15603590
In Tekken 6 when your running around the hanger stage all the aircraft in the hanger are CFA-44's
>>
>>15603590
>>15607752
I greatly enjoy that Tekken incorporates little stuff like this into the tekken-verse. Like the UC colony level in T5DR
>>
File: F16 Aggressor.jpg (151KB, 1200x735px) Image search: [Google]
F16 Aggressor.jpg
151KB, 1200x735px
>>15607523

What's wrong with the F16?
>>
File: f16_red.jpg (75KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
f16_red.jpg
75KB, 700x500px
>>15608319
Maybe that Anon is a salty F-35 fan?
>>
>>15608527
Nah, F16 is just for plebs who have just joined the military and no, I don't like the F-35 either, If I had too choose a F plane it would be F14, F15 or the F22
>>
File: 1495747024707890607.jpg (823KB, 2048x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1495747024707890607.jpg
823KB, 2048x1196px
>>15608668
>F14, F15 or the F22
>Literally the most normie choices
Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad planes. But for someone scoffing at F-16s it comes off rather hypocritical.
>>
File: Typhoon and Spitfire.jpg (305KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Typhoon and Spitfire.jpg
305KB, 1200x800px
strangereal ww2 when?
belkan me262 when?
>>
T-50 when?
>>
>>15609440
Never hopefully
>>
>>15609440
Fuck that, we need a mid-Cold War AC game

I just want to use Electric Lightnings and SU-7s and F-108s. Hell the Japs can still throw in their F-1 to keep their representation going on
>>
File: 1496261290974.jpg (245KB, 1468x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1496261290974.jpg
245KB, 1468x1166px
>>15609440
WW2 is boring and overdone.
What I want is an early Cold War era Ace Combat game.
>>
File: 1487086537369.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487086537369.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>15609485
>>15609486
>Pluto cruise missiles
>XB-70 is almost an Arkbird
>All the X-planes

50's and 60's were crazy times for aviation. There's so much material that why isn't this a thing already? I'm also kinda bored of the constant fapping to just modern or ww2 era.
>>
>>15601503
Reminder: Gryphus One > Mobius One.
>>
File: F-102A-Area-Rule-Application.jpg (65KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
F-102A-Area-Rule-Application.jpg
65KB, 1000x550px
>>15609590
Not to mention how the US was fielding then replacing planes every two or three years.
>>
>>15608983
F-16 is the normiest. And the weakest
>>
>>15603572

are you me

I have a 360 with literally just AC6 and Tenchu z
>>
>>15603796

F4, Tornado, Mirage 2000 and I'm good.
>>
>>15608983
F16 literally is the pleb choice though in a meta sense. It's made for poorfags with the whiniest designer that constantly shittalks all other planes while going off about how his plane is superior while also being economical but can still beat every plane that exists.
>>
>>15609773
Sprey had no involvement with the actual development and design of the F-16, he was a civilian analyst who helped draft the initial requirements for the F-16 prorgam.
>>
File: 46986114_p0.png (31KB, 791x380px) Image search: [Google]
46986114_p0.png
31KB, 791x380px
>>15603939
Its sorta crazy there's never been a videogame adaptation of Yukikaze.
>>
>>15609773
Don't forget he also shits on the F16 for not being the disposable zergling plane he called for.

Really he just hates everything that has more computational power than an abacus.
>>
>>15609778
Also he hates what it became. Hated it ever since the -A was developed because they dared to give it anything more than a pair of heatseekers on the tips and a Sabre's gun ranging radar. Now it's packed so full of shit That every newfangled one that gets built has the CFTs because they're having that much trouble fitting everything in the plane.

And it's still the best fucking thing since sliced bread bar the 35. Sprey is a retard who needs to go hang out with Mike Sparks in a closed garage with a running """Gavin""".
>>
>>15609792
Except for the Xbox tie in game for the OVA.

That also got ported to the PC.

That no one who doesn't understand moon seems to know how to play.
>>
>>15609797
There's also a decent mod for HAWX.
It simulates the supermanuevrability of the Mave pretty well.
>>
File: desire to know more.gif (941KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
desire to know more.gif
941KB, 627x502px
>>15609813
>It simulates the supermanuevrability of the Mave pretty well.
>>
>>15609817
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPE18It-qTo
>>
File: AC7screen.jpg (260KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
AC7screen.jpg
260KB, 2048x1536px
https://mobile.twitter.com/StarFire2258/status/874429862873751552/video/1
Some AC7 gameplay from E3.
>>
File: AceCombat22-7.jpg (457KB, 1008x1326px) Image search: [Google]
AceCombat22-7.jpg
457KB, 1008x1326px
pottery
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTa2IA_8r74
>>
has there been any word if AC7 is going to have any MP elements? I would take a refined horde/objective mode from Infinity.
Even though the microtransactions and Pay2Win elements were in ACI, the aircraft selection was the best part.
>>
File: 1488257545235.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
1488257545235.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
>>15610857
It's everything i've ever wanted from a new Ace Combat game.
>>
So who's gonna be the true villain pulling the strings that everyone's gonna have to team up to fight against?
>>
File: ace_combat3.jpg (109KB, 1636x488px) Image search: [Google]
ace_combat3.jpg
109KB, 1636x488px
>>15611005
the corporations
>>
>>15611015
>>
>>15602301
Panavia are proly a bunch of bitches and wont license the aircraft for the game
>>
File: 1315638175135771238.jpg (946KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1315638175135771238.jpg
946KB, 1500x1000px
>>15609634
For being the weakest it sure does seem to bully everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlnAhSxPWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb7tZHCDl5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8xzLxFIjno

I just really wanted to post videos of Vipers bullying other planes.
>>
>>15611256
Vipers are massive bullies. When they first came out they went to a ground-pounding contest and beat everything. It was mostly dedicated fighter-bombers, strike craft and interdictors. And here comes the dinky F-16 laying pickles better than all of them.
>Oh I'm sorry did I just undo millions of dollars and years of work on your dedicated platform on a whim?
>Oops
>>
>>15610610
>>15610857
Hoooooyeah, that's the stuff.
>>
File: Falcon and Fulcrum.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Falcon and Fulcrum.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
>>15610857
>Plane view

Literally the most plebeian view, cockpit is for those with fine tastes.
>>
>>15610857

>Literally crashes into his flight lead in the first five seconds of control

Jesus
>>
>>15611364
>Not wanting to stare at your planefu's ass and see her elevators wiggle
>>
>>15611834
>not wanting to be inside your planefu

you have the thinking process of a cuck, I'm sorry
>>
Hey buddies, actual gameplay without crappy stock music covering up the sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4XpxMet3y4
>>
File: F16 SEAD.jpg (88KB, 1024x667px) Image search: [Google]
F16 SEAD.jpg
88KB, 1024x667px
>>15612245

So the player character is nicknamed Trigger, they're Mage 2 of the Mage Squadron. Wonder if this Golem Squadron will be like AC6's Windhover Squadron in that they're often assisting the player's squadron, and did the ground look look like the map Tango Line from AC4? The way the rivers ran. No mountains that I saw though. Also Mage 1 flies a F16
>>
What settings should I be using on PCXS2 for emulating Ace Combat 4? Want to play some of the old games before AC7 releases.
>>
>>15612346
I think 4 still has some issues running in hardware mode. 5 and 0 are okay for the most part as long as you're on the builds that have minmap support
>>
>>15612245
Its beautiful.
>>
>>15611364
>>15611998
AC has never had a decent cockpit view (outside of 6), the FOV is usually just awful and nauseating. AC7 is going to fix that at least with the whole VR thing.
>>
>>15609485
>>15609486
>>15609590
>>15609623
>Cold war
>Takes 3-4 "regular" missiles and 1-2 secondary missiles to kill enemies to account for shitty missile tech of the era.
>Missile counts get slashed too.
>Gun fighting takes a more important role when dog fighting.
>FFAR and other unguided rockets exist as anti-air and ground attack options instead of only ground attack.
>Genie AA rocket and nukes used as the game's superfighter secondary.
>Strap into an X15 and gun down SR-71 and intercept RVs.
>Final boss is Atomic Ekranoplan Fortress Carrier that shits out ace level fighters, launches ICBM that you have to kill in the boost phase, and has scary AA and flack. Got to kill it before it leaves inland sea and is free to terrorize world.
>>
>>15612346
>emulating
The proper settings are a real PS2 and actual copies of the games.
>>15612415
Yeah it's going to be great phasing my head through the canopy glass so that my enemies shit themselves in fear at the Eldritch monstrosity soon to be responsible for their deaths.

Or maybe I can face fuck the HUD reflector plastic and relive those ACAH glory moments of sticking my face into the exhaust pipe of my enemy and breathing heavily.

Man I can practically guarantee the VR mode is going to be nothing but a source of free laughs. Just wait until you find out a part of the F35 dashboard went untextured because someone had a brainfart during QA.
>>
>>15612442
Plane and car games are literally the only reason to get VR, its a fucking awesome thing to behold. Its easy to be cynical until you've actually got some time with one.
>>
>>15611005
Mobius One
>>
>>15612792

>"Why did you do this?"
>"Do you know how long it been since I've been in a dogfight? I live for combat, I was going crazy without a chance to kill."
>"You started a war because you were getting bored? You destroyed the peace people died for!"
>"What? You bring out your Su-35 and then talk about peace? I hate the word peace like I hate hell, all Eruseans, and you. Let's go at it, coward! "
>>
>>15612800
>Bring's back original AC4 Sky eye....
> your CO is Yellow 13....

jesus the feel's would be unreal, probally never going to happen though. it would be neat to have to be on the other side of Mobius one Rape fest though.
>>
>>15612810

>Yellow DLC
>You play as Yellow 4
>game ends with you going down in a smoke filled cockpit while Yellow 13 calls out to you on comms.
>>
File: 1453483236893.png (57KB, 149x265px) Image search: [Google]
1453483236893.png
57KB, 149x265px
>>15613163
>someone mods the PC version so Yellow 4's tits are big enough to block out the instrument panel
>>
File: AC7_stealthEWBTomcat.jpg (208KB, 1920x1024px) Image search: [Google]
AC7_stealthEWBTomcat.jpg
208KB, 1920x1024px
[Muffled Ai Oboete Imasuka in the distance]
>>
>>15613163
>you will never be able to save Stonehenge from the ribbon fighter
>>
File: AceCombat7-13.jpg (178KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
AceCombat7-13.jpg
178KB, 1920x1040px
I hope there'll be some way to manipulate the control surfaces in the hangar menu like the older games.
>>
>>15613167
F-14 Tomcat will always be cute, and missed. still sad it got phased out.
>>
File: AceCombat7-6.jpg (175KB, 1920x1024px) Image search: [Google]
AceCombat7-6.jpg
175KB, 1920x1024px
>>15613191
I agree.

I do have a soft spot for the Hornet though, since its the main fighter of my country.
>>
>>15613179
>you will never be able to save Erusea from the ribbon fighter
>>
>>15613201
I don't blame the US military for it, it was just obsolete. why have the Tomcat, and the Hornet? didn't make much sense to have both. that fill essentially the same role.
>>
>>15613209
>why have the Tomcat, and the Hornet? didn't make much sense to have both. that fill essentially the same role

Same reason the Air Force has the F-16 and the F-15?
>>
>>15613210
The Air Force doesn't have to worry about carrier deck space.
>>
>>15613210

as >>15613211
Said.

the biggest issue with having 2 aircraft that fill the same role, in the navy is carrier space. where as the Air force can have as many planes as it wants. you can store a far greater number of planes on an Airfield, than you can in a carrier.
>>
>>15610857
>Select Operation Area
Ohh boy
>>
This game is really packing on the cute girls.

I can't wait to defend her against OSEAN DOGS
>>
>>15613209
So way back in the day we didn't have AMRAAMs with range comparable to the Phoenix. The Tomcat came into existence to satisfy the need for a platform that could wield the Phoenix, necessary to snipe Soviet bombers at range and deal with all kinds of non icbm nuclear carrying ordinance.

Hornet is more a general purpose machine, nowhere near as specialized in design. The Hornet and Super Hornet arguably address the identified issue of limited carrier space by being multiroles and thus consolidating the logistics of maintenance around a common plane, but they were never replacements for specialized designs so much as those specialized mission profiles just getting axed. The rise of ICBMs kinda neutered the main appeal of the Phoenix missile, for one.

Anyway the Tomcat was a product of the times, mostly a consequence of cratering the Navy variant of the Aardvark. It served its time and got upgrades to make it more flexible in its job, but considering maintenance on it was a bitch and a half and the Phoenix was a load of hot garbage that rarely got a chance to show any worth it was going to get sacked once the air frames started showing their age.

Also I dunno if you've seen a carrier or a carrier bird but the former is surprisingly big and the latter are designed to minimize their physical profile in various ways.
>>
File: 1463943812408.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1463943812408.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>15613188
>that hangar music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1qxQGRJGQ
>>
>>15613167

What are those bigass pods supposed to be?
>>
File: stealth weapon pods.png (419KB, 1024x733px) Image search: [Google]
stealth weapon pods.png
419KB, 1024x733px
>>15614135
Stealth missile pods.
>>
>>15614139

Wonder how they'll be implemented into gameplay, I still don't like how they handle ECM and stealth in AC.
>>
>>15613210
The navy can't afford to Hi-Lo with a Hi that wasn't even better than the Lo. For all the cool factor the Tomcat carried, the radar (the primary reason the Tomcat existed) was nearing the end of its technological relevancy and the Hornet was so much better at putting bombs, especially the brand spanking new PGM ordinance, on targets that it was a totally moot point trying to upgrade it any further. A superior radar would still fit on the Hornet. The Hornet could carry the AIM-120C (now D, truly replacing the Phoenix which barely worked). The per flight-hour maintenance requirements were so drastically reduced that many, many more aircraft could be kept airborne for far longer.

It's sad, yes, but we were simply to the point that there was no more reaching we could do, no more straws left to grab to keep the old birds flying.
>>
>>15614149
Well, they can't really do it any other way of they want to preserve the gameplay of Ace Combat.
IRL ECM doesn't just run out after a 5 second burst, and IRL stealth doesn't mean your targetting reticle glitches out on the target.
>>
File: toppu gun.jpg (362KB, 550x778px) Image search: [Google]
toppu gun.jpg
362KB, 550x778px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJAwNHSSjD8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJRhO_gva2I
>>
>>15614279
That's pretty good shit.
>>
>>15614279
That music in the gameplay is great. just build me up, daddy
>>
File: 1476321275612.jpg (37KB, 419x424px) Image search: [Google]
1476321275612.jpg
37KB, 419x424px
>>15614455
>those drums
>that guitar
If there's one thing AC has been consistently excellent at, its the music.
>>
>>15614279
>Only Navy planes in the demo

Support the Air Force instead, their planes are cooler. Does look and sound good, I love the rattle at higher Gs
>>
>>15614484
There's only Navy planes because the demo mission starts off from an aircaft carrier you dummy.
>>
>>15614279
ALART
>>
>>15614279
this shit looks like a blast
>>
File: QF-16.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
QF-16.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>15614484

Ghost Rider a cute
>>
File: [angry ribbon noises].jpg (421KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
[angry ribbon noises].jpg
421KB, 1280x1440px
Slowpoking on this, but how the fuck did Erusea steal so much Usean clay again?
>>
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception need to get a remake on PC/PS4/Xboxbone.
>>
>>15615179
The power of a qt princess.
>>
>>15615179
clearly Mobius 1 was on Vacation.
>>
Uuuuuhhh..... Not mecha?

Hello?
>>
>>15615776
>Mobius 1 took extended leave in Osea
>Erusea takes over Usea and the space elevator again before he could get back
>Gets roped into the Osean airforce because some military politics bullshit, plus everyone wants the Ribbon Fighter
>Gets court martialed because he disregarded orders and did things on his own saving allied pilots in the storm mentioned in an earlier trailer
>Haha, the Ribbon Fighter is now the Three Strikes
It would be completely retarded, but I'd love it.
>>
>>15614139
>only AIM-120
Is Sidewinder going to be retired?
>>
>>15614279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjySFNghAcQ
Capture card recording instead of camera recording.

>>15615798
No, the Sidewinder is going to be around for a long long time.
>>15615782
kill yourself
>>
>Dem contrails
>Dem sounds and BGM
>Dem condensation and ice build ups on the cockpit glass
>Dem turbulence
>Dem flares
>MUH VISIBILITY inside the clouds

my body is rea...

>2018
>>
>>15615782
Hello newfag. Go learn the definition of mecha.
>Uuuuuuhhh.....
On second thought, skip that, and kill yourself.
>>
File: Arkbird.jpg (107KB, 812x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Arkbird.jpg
107KB, 812x1000px
>Aresenal Bird

Man, so they're not even trying to pretend their BIrd projects are for peace anymore, huh?
>>
>>15615179
Geez, you just can't keep Erusea down for long, can you?
>>
File: 1454819683428.png (356KB, 1044x679px) Image search: [Google]
1454819683428.png
356KB, 1044x679px
>>15614279
>those cockpit details
>dat music
>>
>>15615179
>back to North Point, faggots
>>
oh boy

https://youtu.be/RjySFNghAcQ
>>
>>15617169
just imagine a VR version of it man
>>
File: Anderson_in_his_Post.jpg (65KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Anderson_in_his_Post.jpg
65KB, 512x384px
>>15617169

>Kestrel II

Is it helmed by Anderson Jr.?
>>
>>15617183
Someone say VR?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI3EJ96NZA0
>>
>>15617224
Wrong link fuck me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_x3jLxuDA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tni14koiD9o
>>
File: 1482809373546.png (723KB, 1650x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1482809373546.png
723KB, 1650x1227px
>>15613191
It was and still is a damn fine plane. But technology marches on.

My first plane model was a Tomcat, which my dad bought for me as a child after I said I wanted the plane from Swat Kats
>>
>>15617397
dude, thats awesome , specially the slight samurai pizza cat helmet
>>
>>15615798
Sidewinder always goes on the wing tips
The AIM-9X is one of the most important Air-to-Air weapons in the US arsenal
>>
>>15602381
>all you need is a gigantic space rock and a certain critical mass of technology
So NOT the real world?
>>
>>15617592
Ignore that retard.
>>
good job ripping off the colors and UI from BF4

so much for originality
>>
>>15617524
Is the first space fighter going to be using a AIM-9 derivative at this point?
>>
>>15617697
I doubt short range missiles will be optimal for space.
>>
I wanna get into Strangereal. Should I bother with 1/2 or can I skip straight to 3? Does the story even matter in them?
>>
>>15618437

Start at 3 if you can speak Japanese, the U.S. version is shit.

Otherwise play 4, 5, and 0.
>>
>>15617605
Yep, >>15617592 is retarded.
>>
>>15618450
Well I saw that the original version of 3 was recently translated, or is it not worth my time?
>>
>>15618464

Last I heard it was buggy and only a partial, but it is worth a shot.
>>
>>15618437
Strictly speaking, Strangereal enters canon starting at the trailers for 04 where it unintentionally coins the name, so the PSX games don't necessarily count much on that front.

Their more immediate value is in production order tracking the evolution of the franchise, as well as gradually being folded into the lore as you go further into the more contunuity-rich end of the series. But in their time they were quasi real world titles.
>>
>>15618450
>>15618437
>>15618464
>>15618474

Oh and you don't really need to play each game. All are kinda stand alone except for 5 and 0 which overlap a bit.
>>
>>15617224
>>15617230
I cant fucking wait dammit
>>
>>15618474
You haven't been paying attention, then. The full translation was released a few months ago. There are some menu items and glossary entries that aren't translated, but other than that it's complete.
>>
>>15602514
Sorry anon
>>
>>15618437
The story doesn't really matter in 1 and 2 but they're good games (2 especially) so you should play them anyway.
>>
File: 1452813257209.png (108KB, 351x364px) Image search: [Google]
1452813257209.png
108KB, 351x364px
>http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/539/1539363/
30 playable aircraft upon release is pretty decent, especially considering how abysmal 6's aircraft roster was, and DLC for more aircraft is pretty much guaranteed.
>>
What's a good place to start reading up on jet aircraft?
When it comes to Ace Combat, I always get lost when the real live aircraft discussion pops up and I want to get in on it.
>>
>>15619271
Probably the nonfiction aviation/transport section of your local library.
If you're a dude with some spare change to burn, a subscription to Jane's monthly magazine is only $100 a year, and that's the best defence industry news organization in the world. Smithsonian Air and Space, and Aviation Weekly is also a good one that exclusively focuses on aircraft.
You can also lurk /k/'s occasional aviation shitpost threads for the rare nugget of informative post.
I'd recommend staying away from blogshit like WarIsBoring, or any popsci rag.
>>
>>15619271
All you need to know is never listen to Pierre Sprey
>>
File: F35 carrier ops.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
F35 carrier ops.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>15619292
Good advice

Wonder why they didn't include the F35 in the demo
>>
>>15619303
Why would they let you use a high tier plane in one of the very beginning missions in a pre release demo?
>>
>>15616338
The bird was designed for the space elevator security. Erusea stole it like a Belkan would.

Osea needs to stop making birds to protect space. They just get stolen and turned into super weapons.
>>
>>15619303
They didn't have the ability to choke people while they play.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.