[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Gundam AU when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: 1.5_Gundam.jpg (417KB, 1067x1910px) Image search: [Google]
1.5_Gundam.jpg
417KB, 1067x1910px
>>
File: IMG_0571.png (4MB, 1650x1268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.png
4MB, 1650x1268px
soon
>>
File: girls und gundam.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
girls und gundam.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
When Sunrise figures out what the audience wants.
>>
>>15600859
brap
>>
>>15600870
What will the story will be about maybe the same except tanks will be exchange by gundam or other mobile suits...
>>
File: 1495483648840.jpg (38KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1495483648840.jpg
38KB, 540x304px
A new Gundam AU by Ryohgo Narita coming in 2018. Hype, unhype, or confuse?
>>
File: turn_x.jpg (42KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
turn_x.jpg
42KB, 600x315px
You know what. A Gundam "AU" with an interstellar scope and space faring humans would be pretty interesting. It doesn't even need to be post Gundam 00. Gundam use the "planet" and "planetary" identity quite often as a concept, so why not make a series that features idea?
>>
>>15601365
I've been wanting this for eons.
A gundam with the scope of something like Macross Frontier would be amazing
>>
>>15601394
Space drama, small stories on big planets, big characters forced to deal with the intrigues and dangers of a backwater system. Old sci-fi do this all the time and I think Gundam is particularly suited to exploring classic interstellar sci-fi themes compared to other Japanese anime.
>>
No more AU's. They just keep making more and more while leaving anything that isn't UC barebones.
>>
File: clairvoyant_by_sufferst-d6pogt9.jpg (517KB, 1280x986px) Image search: [Google]
clairvoyant_by_sufferst-d6pogt9.jpg
517KB, 1280x986px
When will we get a Gundam series about intelligent AI who try to control humanity because they think they know what's best for us. The twist is that they actually kinda know what's best for us and we're just being obstinate cavemen.

Either that or a fun, schlocky adventure about fighting alien daikaiju (à la Pacific Rim & G Gundam).
>>
>>15601628
Neither of those are plots especially suited for Gundam. It's kind of hard to write a war story when the other side is animals. And the AI plot is fucking stupid and has been done millions of times. The only remotely interesting thing Gundam could do with it is make Newtypes that can interface with machines, and even then it's just the goddamn Matrix.
>>
>>15601628
In Gundam 00, the Veda AI supercomputer carrying out Aeolia's plan is the one that has been influencing world events for the past 200 years so as to cause humanity to abandon nuclear power, start developing the orbital elevator's solar energy as a replacement power source, and introduce basic MS into combat, which sets the stage so that CB and their true GN powered MS can come in and have a decisive advantage over everything else.
>>
File: gf14.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gf14.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
I want to believe.
>>
>>15601639
I have to disagree. I've found that at the heart of the Gundam franchise is the theme of the human condition, war just happens to be an excellent way to explore that. The human condition is usually a strong element of sentient AI science-fiction. I think a conflict in such a setting could explore that philosophy deeply, especially if there is no shortage of human AI-sympathizers.

I wouldn't want the dumb, evil machines like the Matrix or Terminator. If I could make a metaphor, it's like sonny-AI wants to put grandpa-humanity into a home, but grandpa-humanity doesn't want to go, even though he wanders onto the freeway from time-to-time.
>>
>>15601710
Maybe, but I still feel like it would need something else to justify being made, because that exact premise has been explored pretty satisfactorily by Halo of all things
>>
>>15601365
Things I'd like in a Gundam show:
>MSs with AIs that evolve with time to the point that they become sentient (well we have ALICE, but she's novel-only), thus allowing for interesting chemistry between pilots and machines
>A setting where humanity already expanded beyond the Sol System to other planets and we have some Battletech/Legend of Galactic Heroes sizes
>Metahumans, and no not akin to Newtypes, but more physical and being their own factions/nations
>Alien life forms (still no alien civilizations since that's what makes Gundam unique)
>>
>>15602213
That's just Gundam Asimov. I'll take it!
>>
>>15600855
IBO just barely ended this year

Build Fighters is still going and expected to announce a new OVA or movie this year

There are a shitload of AU Gundam manga that could easily be adapted into an anime if the producers give the greenlight
>>
extrasolar system settings are not gundam
>>
>>15600855
>AU
What, Build Fighters 3? Another SD series?
Because those are the only Alternate Universes, everything else is Black History timelines.
>>
>>15601582
What if they started making series and/or OVA one-shots that bridge the gaps between different Gundam shows? Like showing the perfected Devil Gundam Cells healing the craters from AWGX or showing ZAFT find the Turn X and build the Turn A.
>>
>>15602670
Reminds me of a SEED movie idea I saw on here where the villains were humans from the extra-solar Newtype colony Judau made in that one Victory-era manga
>>
I would like to see a setting where humanity reaches a point in their development where several planets/planetoids in our Solar system are fully or partially terraformed and a form of hypervelocity space travel that makes regular travel between them accessible to most people. Sorta like Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>15600955
Well yeah. Just a fun high school battle tournament with cute girls in Gundams. Not everything needs a deep story.
>>
File: rx782ggungam.png (532KB, 953x720px) Image search: [Google]
rx782ggungam.png
532KB, 953x720px
>>15602670
I want an OVA explaining how the fuck Amuro ended up in the 13th Gundam fight.
>>
>>15602941
Every year the Gundam fight includes a non-country-affiliated Legacy Gundam based off a famous Gundam from the distant past.
>>
>>15602657

You desperate UC fans are so precious.
>>
>>15603408
>turn A
>Uc
>>
>>15601652
One day anon, one day.
>>
>>15602941
How the fuck would the RX-78 stand against super robots?
>>
>>15603417
Megaparticle weapons are a hell of a thing.
>>
>>15602941
He got knocked out of the UC time line when he cleaned up Char's mess.
He woke up in a world of magic karate lasers and just decided to roll with it.
>>
>>15603417
Well its made with the same tech that is used to make the other Gundams plus an advanced AI built off of the combat data given by Amuro for the original RX-78.
>>
>>15602573
We're coming up on the 40th anniversary so chances are we're getting a new UC project for 2018/2019.
>>
I want a new late UC story, but of course Sunrise will always be stuck to the past with their countless early UC spinoffs
>>
File: broken-blade-1000625.jpg (106KB, 800x1174px) Image search: [Google]
broken-blade-1000625.jpg
106KB, 800x1174px
>>15600855
I want Broken Blade
But with Gundams
And no space stuff
And an ending

I honestly just want Broken Blade to just release and end
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.