[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /m/ hate IBO again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 15

File: Obaelri.jpg (4MB, 1900x3507px) Image search: [Google]
Obaelri.jpg
4MB, 1900x3507px
it's because it's approved by normies, right?

At least the Bael looks badass
>>
Because it's shit and boring and wastes a great setting
>>
I really like Barbatos Lupus Rex, but the series was kind of meh...
>>
>>15600765
Because seriously speaking, the story is shit, directing is shit, and the animation is shit.

Love Barbie, Bael, and Vidar tho
>>
File: Gundamvidarfront.png (208KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gundamvidarfront.png
208KB, 400x600px
I like vidar the most probably it looks gruntish
>>
>>15600765
Because some /m members cannot accept when people dont bash and hate the same things they do. Honestly, never listen to /m unless its a constructive criticism.
>>
>>15600769
I liked the first season though. S2 didn't make any sense.
>>
>>15600765
Because it is a poor quality show in every sense
>>
>>15600957
It's feet are pretty wonky, tho. I wish the lower legs were a bit more Kimaris in design to follow the lineage
>>
>>15600765
Being a gundam show, it's easy to make forced memes off of. (Zeta, Destiny, AGE, G-Reco, etc all proclaimed daily to be the worst shit ever. Expect the exact same thing with the next Gundam TV show with no variation)
>>
>>15600765
It's a liberal market plug with all of the dumb modern hallmarks.

Whores with body writing in streets getting off on exhibition (episode one). The Muslim defense force that is usually reserved for western trash (fanservice ship). Dumb pro-commie allegories about bourgeoisie that basically equates to an absolvement of responsibility (the rich medical nanomachine trash).

None of this nonsense is usually in anime, and that is why I didn't enjoy it. Sites like MAL and Animesuki, being neoliberal shitholes, basically found the whole experience sexually arousing. Why can't stories just be stories anymore? You know how nazis do their forward hand salute to each other when they see one another? It reminds me of that. Neoliberals only recognize each other as something worthwhile.
>>
>>15600765
Most recent Gundam = Worst thing ever

Most of the time that's the logic really, you get used to it after some time.
>>
>>15601049
Season 2 was okay until after the Mobile Armor arc.

I understand that Kudelia was not popular with fans but if she had a bigger role in Season 2, she would have kept Orga from making some bad choices.

The writers went out of their way to show Gjallhorn to be corrupt but then tried to fool viewers into believing that Gjallhorn was justified despite their corruption.

Rustal making reforms was basically a cop out to justify the writers bad decisions. The man never cared about reforms and there were no hints about him secretly being a reformer. It would have made more sense if Kudelia or even Gaelio pushed for reforms.
>>
>>15600765
Because it was a disgrace to the franchise although normies fapping to it makes this bowel odor that much more irritating
>>
>>15601087
>Sites like MAL and Animesuki, being neoliberal shitholes
Oh please, they're very conservative like ANN and Channel Awesome
>>
File: Thinking of meat.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking of meat.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>15601092
>The man never cared about reforms and there were no hints about him secretly being a reformer.
Yes, but he's a peace keeper and those reforms are a more politically correct form to bring that peace than gasing Mars and the colonies
>>
>>15601224
Hahaha
>>
>>15601049
You weren't paying attention to the story.
>>
>>15601243
At this point I think Rustalfags are a bigger joke than Gilbertfags at this point, at least the latter can make an argument.
>>
File: _________.jpg (8KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
_________.jpg
8KB, 257x196px
>>15600765
>the only reason someone wouldn't like a shit anime is because it is 'approved by normies'
>>
>>15601227
Not being overtly stupid doesn't mean you're not stupid on the inside.
>>
What is the definition of gundam normie?
>>
File: Gundam Bael Maybe.jpg (972KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Bael Maybe.jpg
972KB, 1920x1920px
Someone please tell me what model this is? I know the filename's wrong, that's what Google Reverse Image Search said it was
>>
>>15602862
It's just stylized fanart of the Bael.
>>
File: Alpha_3.jpg (197KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_3.jpg
197KB, 500x375px
>>15600765
>Why does /m/ hate___ again?

Because mecha was never good. Let's stop pretending it was. We all hate how giant super robots are always painted in autistic bright colors like red white and blue, and that they're piloted by angsty autistic teenagers and the bad guy should always win! Never the good guys because good is dumb and darthvader is da bestest! And the bad guys should all be dumb jock guys who do terrible things but they didn't do anything wrong because morals are dumb just like being good and politics are boring and women need to go back to fridge because women belong in fridge not in war!

Now I go back to watching real man's anime like Monster Moosoomi and Joe's Bizzy venture because those have real alpha male heroes I am not gay!
>>
It's just so fucking unremarkable. At least SEED Destiny and AGE were so spectacularly bad that it was almost fun to hate them. IBO is just so devoid of anything great or terrible that I really just felt like I wasted my time.
>>
>>15601464
Not a gundam normie, a regular normie.

As in people who just watch whatever's on this season because it's on this season and sorta looked cool, but haven't bothered with much of anything prior and have no interest in doing so.

It's been funny, watching the Toonami threads on /co/ because they had the same basic reactions to IBO, as far as it being ploddingly paced and having little mecha action. Then they got Unicorn and it's just confused the fuck out of them.
>>
>>15601087
This is the cringiest post on /m/ right now
>>
>>15600765
>>15600769
Like it's been stated before. It wastes an amazing setting for a gundam story. The whole thing about fantasy and sci fi are the settings and the promises they hold to the viewer/reader. It made one simple and single promise and bashed it over our heads consistently throughout the show. Being a child soldier sucks and they have to fight to survive in which they most likely won't survive.

That theme is prevalent in just about every episode and while it's neat that the writers were able to stick to their theme the problem with it is that it's the only theme present in the entire show which makes everything that's about to happen become extremely obvious so there is no surprise only what you expect to happen happens.

Good shows are predictable, but they also have surprise to break that predictability as well. Most people post about memes or whatever, but honestly that's the core of why the show wasn't stellar. Cool designs, great setting, but it falls very short of anything spectacular.

That being said everyone is different I can overlook certain things other people can't overlook when watching a show so we all formulate different opinions of things. I enjoyed G-reco because of the music and the way it made me feel. Might have to rewatch it someday, but I don't care to at the moment.
>>
>>15602992
Being predictable isn't even a problem. Old super robot shows are predictable and yet still fun.

IBO's problem is that it doesn't go any where or do anything with it's cast. It's the side story in a JRPG rather than the main adventure, it's content but it's not interesting content. They string a bunch of unrelated side stories together and then the ending is a complete cluster fuck with no satisfaction. The ending is literally "Then the bad guys nuke the good guys and instigate all the good guy's policies. And everyone is gay, yes everyone, even the pregnant women". It's fucking stupid and comes across as stupid pandering with no thought of how it fits the universe or what it means to the characters in it.

Atrala is the perfect example of IBO. She's an abused child doing her best to get by. She helps everyone, she has a love story with Mika and she gets her story told of finding love. Then suddenly her story ends and now she's a dyke married to a powerful politician and raising a child with her but she's rarely around so er... wait what? No hint of lesbianing before, slavered all over a cock and yet now suddenly she's a married lesbian because fuck it why not?

The universe is very masculine, it's a very masculine cast. But then they decided to tell a feminine story in it, which gives a complete clash of purpose. This leads to people hating it because they can't enjoy the mecha fights without putting up with the dull slice of life plot pacing and you can't enjoy the slow plot pacing because the world building is thrown out the window for a midget with a sledge hammer.
>>
>>15602921
Oh, I understand. Its like those people who say they are comic book fans but all they do is watch the new movies, wear Tshirts with character symbols and know nothing except said movies.
>>
>>15603147
Wait, since when is Atra lesbian and married? She just lives on the farm with her kid. Kudelia just visits since she also loved Mika and now Akatsuki but they are friends. All they share is hots for Mika and friendship towards each other. You are kinda mixing it too much.
>>
File: SLvD5Zl[2].png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
SLvD5Zl[2].png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>15600765
>Shallow writing
>Unprofessional writers
>Wasted potential for the story
>Wasted mecha designs
>Overrated ratings for the show thanks to new fans
>Poor animation
>Also, /m/ hates anything new and approved by by normies

>>15603620
An interview to one of the staff said that Kudelia and Atra are married to somehow protect Akatsuki. I don;t know if it is a meme or what.
>>
>>15602930
The reason you get angry or make non-arguments is because you don't have any. Why should I ignore aggression just because its not overt?
>>
>>15603653
Ok, I googled it and they somehow are supposed to be married but honestly what purpose does it serve since it appeared only after the show ended and was never mentioned in anime is beyond me. These kind of things when one member of staff says something is just meh. Im okay with it since we had Shino-Yamagi romance but even from the original tweet it just seems like a last attempt to appeal to LGBT community. Doesnt make any difference.
>>
File: BaelOnward.png (853KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
BaelOnward.png
853KB, 1280x738px
>>15600765

Bael looks awesome. But it badly needed at least ONE gimmick.

Case in point Bael's actual power is described as invisibility within the Ars Goetia, it could have been a second Blitz Gundam.
>>
>>15601464
Wing and/or 00
>>
>>15603690
I thought these two are good.
>>
>>15603688
Bael's gimmick was Atmospheric flight with those wings.
Too bad he only had one ground mission before fucking off to fly
>>
>>15603620
Post-series wrap up they had an event talking about things. Kudelia and Atra are married, homosexuality is totally normal and accepted in this universe. Pedophilia is also accepted, it's considered normal.

They also said Ryusei's pilot was bisexual and would have fucked Ride if he had known he was gay sooner.
>>
>>15603699
Wing is unwatchable. It has a strong opening and then random shit happens but none of the cast go any where. It's not until they step into the zero system that they develop at all.
>>
>>15603699
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to diminish the relevance of your opinions. While they're not my cup of tea, there is of course nothing wrong with liking them. I guess I meant that they are more commonly liked by people who would be called normies by most of us on this website. That's just a heuristic though, and I don't have concrete evidence for that.
>>
>>15603715
>Ok, I googled it and they somehow are supposed to be married but honestly what purpose does it serve since it appeared only after the show ended and was never mentioned in anime is beyond me. These kind of things when one member of staff says something is just meh. Im okay with it since we had Shino-Yamagi romance but even from the original tweet it just seems like a last attempt to appeal to LGBT community. Doesnt make any difference.

Yeah
>>
>>15603722
No offense taken. I have not watched these two yet so i was surprised that they are not that good.
>>
>>15603722
Stop being a faggot. This is not Reddit, no one gives a shit about you or your opinions. You're a goddamn pussy.

>>15603723
You do understand Gundam series stretch beyond their animation right? We're likely to see faggotry all over the mangas and it will draw that crowd into this one. Remember the damage Gurren Lagann did to the mecha community?
>>
>>15603735
Hey I absolutely understand. I just take my information from the anime/manga/artbooks/guides. Information provided via twitter or these aftershow happenings are just harder to catch up on. However I never considered Gurren Lagann as a true mecha anime. More like fun clusterfuck for lunch break.
>>
File: LAUGHING GUNDAM FAGGOT.png (176KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGHING GUNDAM FAGGOT.png
176KB, 500x460px
>>15603735
>no one cares about you or your opinions
You sure picked an odd post to reply to with that opinion of yours. Moreover, I'd think you'd better get the hell off of the internet if you don't like other opinions this much, you might get hurt.
>>
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FandomRivalry/Gundam

This is a thing now, thanks Iron Menstruation
>>
Because /m/ is filled with manchilds who just want to see flashy fights and beams and over the top mechas. They mey be 40 year old but still are kids inside. Why else do you think /m/ loves the Transformers movies?
>>
>>15603896
because your cool mouth talks with dialogue?
>>
>>15603896
Who knew that mecha fans liked mecha?
>>
>>15603887
>Posting your edited page
>implying anyone even uses TVtropes to look at shit like fanbases when the general trend is that all fanbases are shit
>>
>>15601049
All the people who say this are chocowhore apologists.
>>
>>15600765

I hate it because it took a world conducive to sweeping epics and hot-blooded adventure, and used it to tell a story about caste societies and the nature of politics. I found myself wondering many times why the show even had robots, since it seemed to care so little for them. When robot-centric plots were introduced, like Bael, or the Mobile Armors, they were abandoned in favor of plots concerning the inner-workings of an aristocratic government body.

Symbolically, having the rag-tag team of half-robot child soldiers get killed mercilessly by an old, boring politician pretty much sums up the entire series' attitude towards its sci-fi/adventure elements.

There's nothing wrong with political dramas; but pretending to be something you're not, which in this case was a flashy robot action series, it usually just makes your show suck on all fronts because neither element winds up being very good.
>>
>>15604036

>a society still recovering in the wake of a cataclysm that wiped out 25 percent of humanity that chiefly focused on a barely terraformed ball of dirt where downtrodden children are forced to take to the mercenary trade in a desperate bid to survive, overseen by an utterly apathetic global enforcer

>conducive to 'sweeping epics and hotblooded adventure'

If it were balls-to-the-wall crazy like Fury Road or something, maybe
>>
>>15604042

The world retains less than a tenth of its population at the beginning of Gundam X, and that show was mostly cute romance subplot and beach episodes.
>>
>>15604042

Oh, and before the earth was that oh so horrible deathscape you described, it was a place where 72 robot knights engaged in a campaign against giant sentient robot animals in a bid for humanity's survival, led by an Arthurian figure who achieved spiritual oneness with his own machine.
>>
>>15604066

Sorry. Robot DEMONS.
>>
>>15604066

>animals

I'd call Hashmal somewhat avian, but that's about it.

Many of those Gundam pilots also died, those civilians still died regardless, and what we're given of Agnika is mostly an extremely skewed interpretation of his supposed accomplishments delivered by a deluded fanboy.
>>
>>15603715
>Pedophilia is also accepted, it's considered normal.
Nothing like this has ever been said, get your info somewhere else than /a/.
>They also said Ryusei's pilot was bisexual and would have fucked Ride if he had known he was gay sooner.
What even the fuck.
>>
>>15604066

>spiritual oneness

I don't think it's ever confirmed at all that Agnika managed to transcend death and become one with his Gundam, and nothing McGillis ever did with it lent credence to that. The way I saw it, the Seven Stars just saw Bael as the physical embodiment of Agnika's legacy, and they equated the machine with him as a result.
>>
>>15603735
>Remember the damage Gurren Lagann did to the mecha community?
Literally nothing? /m/ hasn't had a half-decent TTGL thread in fuckin years, and because Japan was meh on it there wasn't shit for spinoffs or content. It's a series made for SRW and it's not even in any good SRW games (well, I guess OE, but it's no Alpha).
>>
I think it says a lot about your Chinese robot fightan' cartoon when not even the mecha designs can save it.
>>
>>15604094
In the show there is dialogue that Agnika established Gjalarhorn and the Seven Star council after the calamity war ended.

So no, he didn't die in battle and became one with his Gundam. He probably died in a nursing home.
>>
>>15604094
>>15604152
Its more like he is one with the machine in the poetic sense. He could fight with Bael through AV system so well it was like he is one with the machine. As McGillis likes to repeat it was and is a symbol.
>>
>>15603715
We need a hentai doujin of this.
>>
>>15604336
His brain is probably on the moon.
>>
>>15604076
This is something I've been wondering about actually. Rustal said something about how if McGillis were legit, he would have rejected Agnika instead of trying to bring about a world that Agnika wanted.

Manuals say he was hot blooded, and his beliefs as presented in a book served as an inspiration to McGillis. He was in all likelihood a child soldier since AV couldn't be implanted into adults back then either. And he died when Bael was shut down, which hints he lost a lot of himself to his machine like Mika did to the point where he couldn't live without being hooked in.

Also considering that most of the Gundams were confirmed destroyed during the war. Heck, we see the Grimgerde's family and the Teiwaz MS being designed during the later parts of the war to be able to be mass produced and used without AV. So it appears the Gundams weren't the uber beasts the hype told us they were. It looks like they were losing and eventually they rolled out the danslief to end the war.

Then Gjallarhorn bans danslief and creates stigma against people with cyborg parts to make it so no one can step up to them. It gets to a point where Gjallarhorn doesn't recognize what AV looks like, and creates a legend about Agnika's soul living with Bael. The accomplishments of the Gundams are embellished to cover up the use of danslief. So the story of the war takes on more fantastical elements like the ones seen in McG's book. And as such, they omit a bunch of shit about the Gundam pilots to make them look more heroic especially Agnika.
>>
>>15604092
>Nothing like this has ever been said, get your info somewhere else than /a/.

Just look at McGillis's engagement to the loli. They don't act with disgust to it. Hell, some girls make fun of her for being so young.

>>15604152

Manual says he died when they shut Bael down. He was in worse shape than Mika by the end.
>>
>>15600765
Neat designs, I'll give you that. But everything else is utter trash
>>
>>15602992
The theme was fine. The problem was the actual nitty gritty, the characters themselves and pacing of the episodes. When two people are talking to each other, do you give a shit? Ever? No. Nobody was written or presented in a way that was interesting or entertaining, and their interactions were generally dull and tedious as fuck. The scenes had very little flow. The score felt like something out of a mediocre video game.

At the end of the day that's what really keeps people interested and immersed. I normally dislike AU Gundams but I really hope they make a high budget, no-holds-barred OVA for IBO because that's the setting itself was very appealing, and I agree 100%; it was wasted on a super mediocre effort.
>>
>>15600765
I for one hated the toys. The weapon designs were fucking atrocious and stupid.
IBO was a mishmash of aesthetic designs, often hamfisted and terrible.
>>
>>15605430

I have to agree somewhat.

Here's my take on it, the show doesn't need action to be good. I can watch LoGH and be totally entranced by just the characters discussing plans for an upcoming battle because those characters have a certain charisma to them. Heck, I still have the complete Death Note manga from a a decade ago which I still love, and I disliked the movie adaptation of Watchmen because Snyder's focused more on the few fight scenes than conveying the intrigue of the story.

So the lack of fights in IBO isn't the problem. So what are the problems

IBO has serious pacing issues. It doesn't feel like it had enough content to fill it's runtime, so each episode (while not filler) feels like there's a generous amount of padding. Repetitive scenes and clunky exposition during s1 make it feel like I'm watching a play rather than actual people.

The story is simple enough during this time, but the show spends so much time trying to make Tekkadan into these likable heroes to set up the "OMG. They're child soldiers and somewhat messed up. Things aren't as happy as they appear" and once they reveal that trick they go back to being typical, flat shonen heroes. After an entire season of desperately trying to make me like them, s2 is all about Tekkadan's fall for the tragedy. But really at this point I didn't care about many of them outside of Akihiro and Shino. I really liked how Tekkadan won battles but lost their standing with each arc.

And then the show introduces a bunch of new faces to fight them that we don't give a shit about. I don't mind the new characters, except Iok, but I can't help they suffered the same fate as Shinn Asuka here.

Cont
>>
>>15605502
I think the thing was IBO wanted to blind the audience with their emotions. They wanted Tekkadan to look good even when they were tumbling down. There's some development there if you compare early Tekkadan to later Tekkadan.

> Orga calls Mika boorish yet honorable during the Crank battle, but later gets called honorless by his opposition. He later is happy to give up his dream if it means he can be of use to Orga, and his MS becomes more animalistic as time goes on until he's feared as a monster.

> Orga staged the coup over concerns CGS would put 3rd Group into no-win scenarios where they would suffer many casualties. His relationship with Mika causes him pursue the quickest path to their goal, taking on the most dangerous jobs.

> Biscuit joined CGS to support his family. He later rejects a family member for Tekkadan, contributing to his brother's suicide.

> Mika's reaction to Biscuit's death vs. Shino's, though I'm willing to bet the former was more because of how Carta tried to kill Orga.

> Eugene stops questioning Orga, which we're later told there should be more members not blindly obeying Orga

> Shino can't believe Orga suggesting a super risky maneuver that is certain death while leaving Mars and becomes a MS pilot to avoid leading other kids in battle. Later leads MS pilots and dies during a certain death maneuver for a chance at winning the war.

> Akihiro tries to save his brother, adopts human debris and spares surrendering pilots. After suffering enough loss, he just kills any motherfucker in front of him.

If you're not blindly siding with Tekkadan due to how they're presented, them going down towards a bad end is recognizable and you stop caring. Meanwhile the show isn't interested at trying to portray Gjallarhorn in a gray light, they're more the bad guys we're supposed to want to see crushed. It's only piecing together conversations all throughout s2 that we can understand what kind of man Rustal is.

cont.
>>
>>15605543

I'd say in the end, IBO wanted to tell a very overt story and a subtle one together at the same time. But the way it was executed just pissed off more passive viewers and the subtle shit may just be a coincidence. At the end it just feels like one big troll on behalf of Sunrise, and I don't think a lot of people are going to look for some hidden meaning.
>>
>>15605287
>Just look at McGillis's engagement to the loli. They don't act with disgust to it. Hell, some girls make fun of her for being so young.
The staff on that party was exchanging gossip and they all sounded pretty disgusted with it. It's not normal, it was considered a political thing. Almiria's conversation about a creating a world where people can marry whoever they want disregarding the age also shows pedophilia is not considered normal.
>>
>>15600765
Because was Code Gess but without a single smart person in the rebel team.
>>
>>15605677
Tekkadan needed a Zero instead of a Char.
>>
>>15605281
>Grimgerde's family and the Teiwaz MS being designed during the later parts of the war to be able to be mass produced and used without AV
The Valkyrie frames were competing designs that lost out to the Gundam frames, but post Calamity War Gjallarhorn eventually based Grazes on them, since AV implants became taboo. Teiwaz MS, and Teiwaz itself, aren't even a thing during the Calamity War.
>>
>>15605591
Its more like arranged marriage between royal families. They get married early in life to secure social position and such. Like it was during our own past in middle ages and so on.
>>
>>15600765
Because it shits over what makes gundam worth watching by first picking a fucking side and then never making any loss really matter for the completely plot-armored MCs.
>>
>>15600765
Because they haven’t seen Reconguista in G. Seriously, how can you bash IBO so much when there is this atrocity.
>>
>>15608872
G-Reco was great while this couldn't even be decent, that's how.
>>
g reco was beyond bad what the fuck how is IBO worse>>15608900
>>
>>15608900
Please explain. The only good thing about G-Reco in my opinion is music and visuals. Dialogue and story wise I dont know where you are coming from other than that you are one of those IBO shitposters.
>>
File: 1488149262108.jpg (336KB, 1171x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1488149262108.jpg
336KB, 1171x1500px
Every thread until you like it.
>>
File: 1497364423681.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1497364423681.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>15608872
>>15608958
>>15608959
>IBOfags seriously think they can attest to G-Reco being worse.

Please for the love of god humor me
>>
>>15611932
Too bad gali is a gay
>>
>>15600765
because /m/ hate every new gundam
>>
File: uy35CQS.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
uy35CQS.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>15611945
This is probably where the obsession with shit started for most G-Reco fans.
>>
>>15603601
The worst kind of normie.
>>
>>15612022

Didn't he end up with Julietta in the end? Or am i missing something?
>>
>>15603715

So they got married for legal reasons? Marriage of convenience, doesn't mean they now spend either time munching carpet. Nothing indicated that either of them would shack up if their mutual target dies.
>>
>>15613401
I believe they did. The epilogue scene where they are together in the park seems like they are dating or at least getting to it.
>>
>>15613444
True, i agree they are just together for the baby. But the japanese always create more stuff after story ends so who knows.
>>
>>15613369
>Klim throwing out IBO
>>
>>15613369
>obsession
>when it was an IBOfag who got triggered first

Okay

>>15613401
>>15613449
Nice headcanon but the interview already confirm that Gali isn't going to pursue a relationship anytime soon.
>>
>>15605543

I have to admit this was a good way to convey that message. Rustal always felt the past is best left buried as we have seen what happened when Tekkadan dug up too much about the past for the sake of glory.
>>
>>15613463
I think Rustal was more able to see the bigger picture.

Orga was rather naive as a leader, looking for quick short term gains and uninterested in playing politics. McGillis didn't know the real history of the Calamity War, he only knew the PR-friendly version as told by a book. This caused him to underestimate danslief and overestimate the power of the Gundams. This last one is probably a good metaphor for what we experienced as well.

We're told this Tekkadan-friendly story in order to make us sympathize with them, even though they become known as monsters. We do get glimpses of a darker nature to them, but it's not focused on. We also get glimpses, just glimpses, that Team Meat are not completely evil either. Teiwaz is seen as a legitimate business outside of those who know they are mafia. Hell, Julietta and Gaelio are the guys who press understanding in the end. Hell, some of the guys Tekkadan kills are seen in rather positive lights by the public as well. Nobliss was seen as a philanthropist after all when Ride killed him, Jasley was the head of a legitimate business, Iok has a cult of personality that adores him and that one activist guy was fighting for independence like Kudelia.

The truth is there is more beneath the surface and we got to see a lot of that.

Also, anyone else notice Julietta is essentially the new Agnika? Lady Knight who slays the demon when she just took down Barbatos after Mika died. Meanwhile Agnika's swords weren't unbreakable, he probably was more hooked up to Bael than Mika was (resulting in his death when Bael was shut down), and there's stuff about him that Rustal says should make anyone reject his vision.
>>
>>15613458
Couldn’t digest that IBO is better.
>>
>>15613461
I dont think they watched the aftershow interview. I myself would rather have them put it in the anime or some official guide/artbook.
>>
>>15608505
Are you saying Rustal was the MC?
>>
Because it was awful. Quit posting these threads.
>>
>>15613547
Every new show (even the original Gundam) is awful for someone. These posts are here so we can laugh at the arguments between fans and haters. Quit trying to stop it. :D
>>
>>15613401
Nagai said that Gaelio isn't interested in a relationship with monkey post IBO. He's said a lot of stuff post IBO to piss off Okada.
>>
>>15613480
>Meanwhile Agnika's swords weren't unbreakable, he probably was more hooked up to Bael than Mika was (resulting in his death when Bael was shut down)

The world and mechanics books says the Gjallarhorn AV does not hurt the pilot.
Only reason Mika gets hurt is because it's a dirty/incomplete surgery.
>>
>>15613574
Then why was the system banned again? Also does this not shit all over the theme of making the pact with the devil? Or is it only Tekkadan who makes the pact with the devil while Gjallarhorn is perfectly clean and saintly? Jesus christ what a fucking cop out and Gjallarhorn faggotry.
>>
>>15613563
Those two were really fighting?! I had the impression that it was just something fans came up with or just some minor professional arguments.
>>
>>15613632
Okada stated in the newest IBO book that she was uncomfortable working on S2 of IBO.
>>
>>15613480
>Meanwhile Agnika's swords weren't unbreakable

Model manual says they basically were and iirc the recently released art book thing says the swords McGillis used with the Bael were retrofitted from the grimgerde and were essentially just imitations.
>>
>>15600765
Because you keep making threads about it you dense faggot.
Let it die already
>>
>>15613664
How can this be information from the new book when it came out directly after the last flag event and was sourced from the event booklet? Did she say the same thing twice?
>>
>>15613732
>Did she say the same thing twice?
yes
>>
>>15613673
>recently released art book thing says the swords McGillis used with the Bael were retrofitted from the grimgerde and were essentially just imitations.
>retconning information from the show and the manual to justify unbreakable blades breaking
IBO writing in a nutshell.
>>
>>15613673
Lol. When japanese people publicly state they were uncomfortable instead of keeping it inside thats something.
>>
>>15600765
Will we get IBO S3?
The series doesn't feel like it having a proper closure for me.
>>
>>15614157
If you are lucky some OVA/short movie might appear but I highly doubt it. The ending was meh for many fans.
>>
>>15613591
But it wasn't, it just being frowned upon like many other body modification/replacement in that universe, and probably because it's considered as dangerous because its slim chance to succeed up until the AV experiment on Ein.
>>
>>15614157
>The series doesn't feel like it having a proper closure for me.

Don't think they'll do a continuation. Nagai is still pushing his "Tekkadan is evil" propaganda in the books and stuff.

The universe is cool tho so maybe they get better writers/directors and do a calamity war ova or book in the future.
The gaiden manga so far isn't good either tho...
>>
>>15603896
m'fellow enlightened intellectual. Mecha is not for robots fighting, its for politics and deep meanings.
>>
>>15613774
And retards like these >>15605543
>>15605502
>>15605430
>>15613463
>>15613480
Still try to convey meaning into bad writing, its just funny to see material shit on their headcanon every time.
>>
>>15614157
>The series doesn't feel like it having a proper closure for me.
Then you're an idiot who didn't watch the epilogue
>>
File: 1458723855361.jpg (26KB, 740x370px) Image search: [Google]
1458723855361.jpg
26KB, 740x370px
>>15608872
Even Nips think G-Reco is better than IBO so you must have legit shit taste if you believe that.
>>15608959
>Dialogue and story wise I dont know where you are coming from other than that you are one of those IBO shitposters.
Wow...the people who hate G-Reco truly are retarded.
>>
>>15614870
You sound exactly like the people who hate G-reco.
>>
>>15605281
Someone mentioned that the gundams were built by Agnika's father and that Bael had always been unarmed since he was just that skilled. MSV revealed that Barbatos was rolled out with Dainslef and Kimaris was still using so many gundams later meaning the Dainslef themselves weren't enough to end things immediately. Then there's that resonance thing Mika had with the giant bird that had similar markings to Barbatos.

All this points to a drawn out war where mad scientists created giant metal beasts to decimate mankind and one of those scientists turned things around by putting his own kid into a giant bipedal kungfu robot that would eventually go on to lead 71 other child soldiers/human debris into battle armed with giant stake guns because that's really the only decent way to kill metal birds and the real kicker here is that Bael's wings were most likely its midseason upgrade.
>>
>>15616984
You know most of the way thats phrased makes me think of Mazinger Z meets G Gundam and dear god would that be a sight to behold
>>
>>15600765
The only thing I hate about it is that it gas so much unfulfilled potential.
The setting was interesting and the political debate was mature enough for building upon, but the throw so much away by trying to makes us care for undeveloped character and a war that's never clearly explained.
Again, if you present yourself with such an "adult" premise try at least to be coherent: we are expected to empathize with tekkadan for being child soldier but everyone else they killed is just to establish an hollow rhetoric with little to non impact in character development. Character like McGillis and Orga are all over the place and Rustal role is never really explained. I may pass on the objective stupid choice of combat style (maces and giant clamps against fucking energy weapons?) but by the 2s the conflicts themselves are as random as it gets, so much that I could barely understand who the fuck was who on each other side and all while slaying cast members just to prove they're not afraid of doing it.
>>
>>15618377
>>15616984
>no childish IBO calamity war where mad scientists build death robots and children go full hot blooded against them
>not even an OVA or manga
>>
>>15618446
I wouldn't count it out just yet. It feels like IBO might have been testing grounds for that but they weren't sure whether or not to go that dark. Kits sold well and the last shot of Bael did make it seem like it'll be back at some point.
>>
>>15616984
Barbatos's Dainslef was rejected concept art from early in development. The idea was reused in season 2. The Bael using unarmed combat originally and Mcgillis equipping it with Grimgerde's swords was also the original concept by Washio. For whatever reason that got changed to Bael originally having twin swords in the actual show.
>>
>>15600765
/m/ hates everything. Mostly because they are non-productive austists.
>>
>>15604036
What do the Japanese think of IBO? Did they hate it as much as we westerners did?
>>
>>15622242
Southeast Asians and Westerners love IBO, but aside from /m/, the Japs hate it.
>>
日本人のことをjapて言うなよ
日本人に対して失礼だ
>>
鉄血が好きな奴もいれば嫌いな奴もいる
好き嫌いはどんなものであれ存在する
勝手に日本人は鉄血が嫌いと決め付けんなバーカ
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.